simplyput

Aurora, CO

#470003 Dec 9, 2012
Prince Helmut Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
sure you are wrong
OT and NT is saturated about grace but not eternal seal of grace for those who are conscieouesly fall apart from Gods Spirit Guidance
I believe what Bible say not what churches
one time saved by direct Intervention of only Holy Spirit is quided and leaded by Holy Spirit,and Holy Spirit doesn't allow this person to sin to the phisical death
Also ONE TIME TRULY SAVED IS ALWAYS SAVED, REST DAY DREAMERS ARE CHURCH MAN DOCTRINES FOLLOWERS AND ARE NOT SAVED AT ALL
Have great blessed evening
ok,then accept my apologies. We can sense as a Christian, when we go to a Church, if the Minister is true, we will know, if he is not , we will be able to dicen that with the guidance of the Holy Spirit..

We can not all be ministers, our calling can be of many things. Some have beautiful voices that touch the hearts of sinners, some
have teaching abilities ,and etc and etc.

It seems that when we become a child of God , we have a talent that out in us. Some paint beautiful pictures, some beautiful poetry, some have more patience with the sinner and can help them continuely .

All of our talents does not have to be church related. It can be found , by simply starting a conversation on the street. Songs do not have to be just gospel singing, It could be from a folk song or a peppy little song that strikes your emotions. A poem, that hits your emotions. Some are deaf, and can't hear the minister, but their minds are not deaf, and the Holy Spirit can speak to them and they 'hear just as we do . Some are blind , but they can see Jesus , just as we do.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#470004 Dec 9, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you and I ever spoken on the internet???Just curious is all.
Pretty clear you have ignored my question.No problem cause me thinks you playing a game of sorts.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#470005 Dec 9, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 1:1
Deuteronomy 29:29
Revelation 1:3&7
Message of Revelation
Revelation 1:4
Revelation 1:11
Revelation 2:1
Revelation 2:4&5
Revelation 2:10&12&13&18
Revelation 2:25-27
Revelation 3:1
See Matthew 24:21&22
Revelation 3:11
Revelation 3:14-19&20
Seven churches
Revelation 5:1&7&9
Book with seven seals

Revelation 6:1-14
Revelation 6:15-17
Revelation 8:1
Opening seals

Revelation 8:2
See Revelation 8&9 and 11:14-19
See Jeremiah 4:19&20
See Joel 2:1-11
Trumpets

Revelation 8:7-13
Revelation 9:1-3
See Revelation 8:10&11
Revelation 9:4&11
Revelation 9:5&12-16
One by one

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#470006 Dec 9, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
Definition of GRACE
1a : unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification b : a virtue coming from God c : a state of sanctification enjoyed through divine grace
2a : approval, favor <stayed in his good graces> b archaic : mercy, pardon c : a special favor : privilege <each in his place, by right, not grace, shall rule his heritage — Rudyard Kipling> d : disposition to or an act or instance of kindness, courtesy, or clemency e : a temporary exemption : reprieve
3a : a charming or attractive trait or characteristic b : a pleasing appearance or effect : charm <all the grace of youth — John Buchan> c : ease and suppleness of movement or bearing
4—used as a title of address or reference for a duke, a duchess, or an archbishop
5: a short prayer at a meal asking a blessing or giving thanks
6plural capitalized : three sister goddesses in Greek mythology who are the givers of charm and beauty
7: a musical trill, turn, or appoggiatura
8a : sense of propriety or right <had the grace not to run for elective office — Calvin Trillin> b : the quality or state of being considerate or thoughtful
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gra...
Definition of grace according the our Hebrew and Greek lexicons.

English: grace
Hebrew: checed
Greek: charis
Definition: mercy, favor, kindness
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#470007 Dec 9, 2012
This is Doctor R-E-A-L-I-T-Y of the United States of America. Have a wonderful rest of the night and week!!!!:

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#470008 Dec 9, 2012
simplyput wrote:
Hebrews 6:4- Is a very debateable scriptures. But be assured it is meant to be of no concern on your salvation. You have to find out who this scripture is addressing. I believe it is unbelieving Hebrews. It is those of the Old Testament.
With all due respect, there's no debate, at all. By reading the first three verses of Hebrews 6, we see, clearly, who this letter is addressed to. This says, "Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let US go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will WE do, if God permit." Then, after this, the warning. "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame." Simply put, this warning cannot be referring to those before the crucifixion of our anointed Savior, as it's impossible to crucify him afresh and put him to an open shame before he was crucified.
simplyput wrote:
Jesus has paid it all, we do not have to let Jesus salvation go to waste, we do not have to die on the cross again, Jesus wont die on the cross again.)
Yes, he paid the penalty for sin. But, even this is temporary. Our anointed Savior warned, "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29)." We must not forget the second death.
simplyput wrote:
They have only 'tasted the salvation of Christ and have not committed to themselves to the 'Gospel of Christ, Comitted.
If this is true, then why such power bestowed upon them?
simplyput wrote:
It takes 'repentance to become a new Christion, but it doesn't take a new Christian to repent.
So, Paul never instructed any of the believers to repent?
simplyput wrote:
Some scriptures to ponder and please keep the Prodigal Son in mind when reading Hebrews and your salvation.

Eph 1: 4 ,13 & 14
John 10 :26-29
2 Corinhians 5:5
John 6 :37, 39
Romans 8: 28-29
2nd Tim 2:19

Salvation is a 'gift from God. Roman's 11:29 'For the gift and calling of God is irrivocable.
The gifts and calling aren't regretted, but they must be accepted and held fast.
simplyput wrote:
The Holy Spirit is God's gaurentee to Salvation- Eph 1 :14
We are sealed , the day of redemption.

If someone is truly saved they cannot fall away, that would mean Christ lost one of His sheep, which He says, He cannot loose.

Judas Iscariot, was one of Jesus diciples, he walked with Jesus, talked with Jesus and saw Jesus's miracles and also heard all Jesus's teachings. But one thing that Judas didn't do was 'Believe in Jesus,or Believe Jesus, He let all of this go thru one ear and out the other.

1st John 2:19:27- they went out from us , but they did not belong to us.
The offering of salvation is guaranteed. Whether or not we're saved, in the end, is not.

Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Fear what?

James 2:19
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Based on James' statement, what differentiates you from devils?

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#470009 Dec 9, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>With all due respect, there's no debate, at all. By reading the first three verses of Heb. 6, we see, clearly, who this letter is addressed to. This says, "Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let US go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will WE do, if God permit." Then, after this, the warning. "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame." Simply put, this warning cannot be referring to those before the crucifixion of our anointed Savior, as it's impossible to crucify him afresh and put him to an open shame before he was crucified.
<quoted text>, Our anointed Savior warned, "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29)." We must not forget the second death.
<quoted text>If this is true, then why such power bestowed upon them?
<quoted text>So, Paul never instructed any of the believers to repent?
<quoted text>The gifts and calling aren't regretted, but they must be accepted and held fast.
<quoted text>The offering of salvation is guaranteed. Whether or not we're saved, in the end, is not.
Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Fear what?
James 2:19
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Based on James' statement, what differentiates you from devils?
When the Word is rightly divided, then all of the scripture that you have posted will make sense in its proper context.

You said, "Yes, he paid the penalty for sin. But, even this is temporary." This is true, and the age of grace will end and God will once again deal with the Jews. The body (church) will no longer be here on earth, and sacrifices will once again be the order of the day.

Only portions of the 4 gospels and most of the book of Acts are written to the church along with Paul's epistles (Romans through Philemon), and they are written for this present age, the age of grace which began at Pentecost and will end in the near future. the Daniel's seventieth week will begin. Hebrews through most of Revelation is written for the upcoming age.

There are different dispensations revealed throughout the Bible, and in this age/dispensation/stewardship, grace is how God dispenses salvation. God initiates it, God sustains it, and God finishes it. Furthermore, if it was up to us, according to the Bible, we have no power to initiate it because He must draw us to Himself. We can't go on our own. We can't sustain it because no one is sinless even after God has saved them. And we can't finish it because the wages of sin is death, so we all deserve and have earned is death (the wages of sin is death). The Bible even stated that God is the author and finisher of our faith.

Salvation guarantees eternal life. It is not temporary. It is eternal.

Many forget that the things recorded in the Bible that Jesus said are things He said while He was living on this earth. He had not yet been crucified and resurrected. So while Jesus was still living, the law still applied. There was no grace, but God has always been merciful, and He gives mercy to whomever He chooses, whenever He so chooses.
exclusiveNews

AOL

#470010 Dec 9, 2012

MIDEAST PEACE Talks --------(Israel/Antichrist)

&fe ature=plcp

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#470011 Dec 9, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Word is rightly divided, then all of the scripture that you have posted will make sense in its proper context.
You said, "Yes, he paid the penalty for sin. But, even this is temporary." This is true, and the age of grace will end and God will once again deal with the Jews. The body (church) will no longer be here on earth, and sacrifices will once again be the order of the day.
Only portions of the 4 gospels and most of the book of Acts are written to the church along with Paul's epistles (Romans through Philemon), and they are written for this present age, the age of grace which began at Pentecost and will end in the near future. the Daniel's seventieth week will begin. Hebrews through most of Revelation is written for the upcoming age.
There are different dispensations revealed throughout the Bible, and in this age/dispensation/stewardship, grace is how God dispenses salvation. God initiates it, God sustains it, and God finishes it. Furthermore, if it was up to us, according to the Bible, we have no power to initiate it because He must draw us to Himself. We can't go on our own. We can't sustain it because no one is sinless even after God has saved them. And we can't finish it because the wages of sin is death, so we all deserve and have earned is death (the wages of sin is death). The Bible even stated that God is the author and finisher of our faith.
Many forget that the things recorded in the Bible that Jesus said are things He said while He was living on this earth. He had not yet been crucified and resurrected. So while Jesus was still living, the law still applied. There was no grace, but God has always been merciful, and He gives mercy to whomever He chooses, whenever He so chooses.
Good evening Drew. What you said is dead on that salvation does indeed guarantee eternal life, but we have to maintain that level of salvation through prayer and obedience to God's Word, we have to be as the Word warns, watchful and prayerful, and as the Lord said as well 'men are to always pray and not faint.

I am also impressed that you correctly pointed out that it is the Lord that pick choses and draws US unto HIM and not the other way around as so many incorrectly uses the term that they "accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour" when it actually doesn't work that way at all as you've pointed out that no one can come unto Christ accept the Father in heaven draws him/her. In your running down of the epistles written to the saints of the early church locations you left out tbe epistles by John, Jude, Peter and James.

As BLL uses the scriptures that he used to point out the error of the OSAS theology, you speak basically of another matter of the Lord's calling unto us and you are BOTH actually right in the points you are trying to establish.

Blessings.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#470012 Dec 9, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
Why not read about Abraham direcetly ?
In my post, I mentioned how that the authors of some of our "New Testament" texts quoted from Genesis 15. Additionally, the accounts by these authors are, indeed, accurate and profitable.
G_O_D wrote:
The above account wouldn't serve to prove the point I was making. Genesis 22, on the other hand, would.
G_O_D wrote:
Seems all people do is take the NT authors'(esp. Paul and John) opinions whithout reading the entire Scriptures to see what the Bible really says.
Why such a general accusation?

If what was written by the "New Testament" authors are incorrect, or even lies, then I could understand your complaint. But, if not, then we've no reason to disregard their commentary. Considering what's written by the author of Hebrews, we can see how that, in regards to the account of Abraham and his willingness to sacrifice Isaac at the command of Father, that the author shed light on the matter. Hebrews 11:17-19 says, "By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure." Now, as we read this account, originally in Genesis 22, there's nothing in this chapter that says what the author of Hebrews stated. But, we know that this must be the case considering what was written in Genesis 17. Verses 19 through 21 says, "Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him. And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation. But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year." And this brings us back to Genesis 15:6, which says, "And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness."
G_O_D wrote:
If one claims to be "guided by the Holy Spirit" then one has as much authority as Paul or anyone else.
I've never made such a claim, at least, not in the same sense as many do. As far as I believe, my guidance is from, primarily, the teachings of our anointed Savior. Our anointed Savior said, "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life (John 6:63)." If anything, I pray to Father, in the name of His only-begotten Son, to open my mind and heart to wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. Then, I study like there's no tomorrow. I've never awaited some miraculous event to occur in order to learn of our Godhead. Perhaps, that's because early on, I was fortunate enough to learn about "speaker-audience" relevance.

Until next time...

Shalowm.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#470013 Dec 9, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>In my post, I mentioned how that the authors of some of our "New Testament" texts quoted from Genesis 15.

Additionally, the accounts by these authors are, indeed, accurate and profitable.

The above account wouldn't serve to prove the point I was making. Genesis 22, on the other hand, would.

Why such a general accusation?.....
1. They took it out of context, didn't know the Jewish meaning of them and used a poor Greek translation instead of the Hebrew.

2. They are innacurate, flawed and of limited use.

3. Genesis 22 was include in in my comment.

4. Because it is true. Most don;t even read the Bible for inspired illumination. They simply accept Paul's opinion as truth, even when it contradicts Jesus or the Hebrew Scriptures.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#470014 Dec 9, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>...If what was written by the "New Testament" authors are incorrect, or even lies, then I could understand your complaint..

I've never made such a claim, at least, not in the same sense as many do.....
1. Since I wasn't trained to acept the English Bible as perfect, I can read it without prejudice. It is full of errors, contradictions and lies. Jesus didn't write the Bible.

2. My apologies if you took that as directed at you. My point is that allegedly Paul's opinion is always right because he is inspired by the Holy Spirit. Thus, anyone inspired by the Holy Spirit hs just as perfect an opinion.

IMHO Paul was no different than anyone else and his opinions are no more valid than Muhammad's. Both were men with an agenda and claimed to be speaking for God.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#470015 Dec 9, 2012
I’m dropping in to post this and say Goodnight to you all.
HFN
Experiencing God Day By Day:
Wishing to Be Healed
When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he already had been in that condition a long time, He said to him, "Do you want to be made well?" (John 5:6)
Jesus asked a man a question that appears to have had an obvious answer! He came upon a man who had been lame for thirty-eight years and who was sitting beside a pool of healing. Jesus asked him if he wanted to be healed. Why would Jesus ask such an obvious question? Perhaps the answer was not so clear. Bartimaeus was blind, yet when he cried out for Jesus to have mercy on him, Jesus asked what he wanted Him to do (Mark 10:51). It would have seemed apparent that the foremost concern of a blind person would be to receive sight. There were times, however, when Jesus considered it important for people to verbalize their need and specifically ask Him to heal them.
Just because we are spiritually sick, or just because we are near a place of healing, does not necessarily mean we want to be made well. We may attend church regularly, but choose to remain sinful. Our generation has taken many of the activities that the Bible identifies as sin and has labeled them as addictions or character flaws or the result of an abusive upbringing. We act as if having an addiction is sufficient excuse for disobeying God’s commands. As Christians, we are no longer helpless victims of our sin. There is no sinful habit or past hurt that is beyond the healing touch of our Lord.
Have you gone year after year without receiving spiritual healing? God is capable of freeing you, but you may have become comfortable in your sin. You may not want to be healed. If you really want to receive spiritual health, God can give it today. He wants you to ask Him.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#470016 Dec 9, 2012
Drew H wrote:
I'm aware. The issue, right now, is that I don't believe I'm taking any of the scriptures I quoted out of context. And yet, I patiently wait for someone...anyone...to provide substantial evidence that proves I am. Until then, I have no reason to change my stance.
Drew H wrote:
You said, "Yes, he paid the penalty for sin. But, even this is temporary." This is true, and the age of grace will end and God will once again deal with the Jews.
"Hath God cast away his people," asked Paul? "God forbid," he answered. Continuing, Paul writes, "Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace." Then, at Romans 3:1-2, it says, "What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God." And finally, Paul wrote of his "kinsmen according to the flesh: Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen (Rom 9:3-5)."

Let's not forget, "salvation is of the Jews (John 4:22)."

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 2:10
But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile.
Drew H wrote:
The body (church) will no longer be here on earth,
Does this coincide with the "first resurrection?" "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished (Rev 20:5)." As I understand it, only 144,000 are to be resurrected, to reign with our anointed Savior for a thousand years.
Drew H wrote:
and sacrifices will once again be the order of the day.
Share this with me, please and if you will, with scripture?
Drew H wrote:

I'm running out of room. I'll get to the above in another post.

Until then...

Shalowm.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#470017 Dec 9, 2012
PART TWO
Drew H wrote:
Only portions of the 4 gospels and most of the book of Acts are written to the church along with Paul's epistles (Romans through Philemon), and they are written for this present age, the age of grace which began at Pentecost and will end in the near future. the Daniel's seventieth week will begin.
So, we're still in the 69th week? Is this chronologically accurate? And as far as I'm concerned the whole bible is written to every person. Sure, by speaker-audience relevance, it's easy to conclude that certain teachings are directed primarily to the elect, but nonetheless, these teachings remain profitable to all.
Drew H wrote:
Hebrews through most of Revelation is written for the upcoming age.
I'm afraid I can't agree with you in this. Concerning Hebrews 6, it's clear that the author was directing this letter to those living, in that generation. What's also obvious, if you don't mind my saying so, is that the author also made reference to people in their most recent past.
Drew H wrote:
There are different dispensations revealed throughout the Bible, and in this age/dispensation/stewardship, grace is how God dispenses salvation.
Salvation through grace has always been offered. It's the means of salvation that have changed. In Leviticus 18, it's written, "Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I am the LORD your God. Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD."
Drew H wrote:
God initiates it, God sustains it, and God finishes it. Furthermore, if it was up to us, according to the Bible, we have no power to initiate it because He must draw us to Himself. We can't go on our own. We can't sustain it because no one is sinless even after God has saved them. And we can't finish it because the wages of sin is death, so we all deserve and have earned is death (the wages of sin is death). The Bible even stated that God is the author and finisher of our faith.
When it's written that our anointed Savior is the author and finisher of our faith, this is to assure us that none need look any further to learn faith than in our anointed Savior: the perfect example of faith. This is why, just before this, it says, "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus..(Heb 12:1-2)."

And as far as your statement regarding our being drawn to "God," forgive me for saying this, but I can't help but see this as a most prideful, exclusive belief. After Peter preached to Cornelius, all men are drawn and called to repentance. Acts 17:30 declares, "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent."
Drew H wrote:
Salvation, yes. To those that accept it and hold fast to it.
Drew H wrote:
We no longer have to be circumcised to enter into a covenant with "God," as we may enter in through our anointed Savior, as he fulfilled circumcision. In this, the literal practice came to naught, but the result remains. The same is true with sacrifice. The grace and mercy once received through the blood of animals came to naught, but the result remains through the blood of our anointed Savior. Not one law became irrelevant, though, other than what was fulfilled.

And you're misunderstanding Romans 9. I'll explain another time.

Shalowm.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#470018 Dec 9, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
1. They took it out of context, didn't know the Jewish meaning of them and used a poor Greek translation instead of the Hebrew.
In my opinion, they didn't take it out of context, at all. They were, simply, showing how that Abraham's faith produced righteous thoughts, actions, reactions, and speech.

Genesis 26:2-5
And the LORD appeared unto [Isaac], and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:
Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

And what's your issue with the Septuagint?
G_O_D wrote:
2. They are innacurate, flawed and of limited use.
As to inaccurate, we need not look any further than what's written in the "Old Testament" accounts to determine if what you say is true, or not. Fortunately, these accounts are combined into one book, with our "New Testament" accounts.

As to their being of limited use, you're entitled to your opinion. I guess much depends on what you study primarily.
G_O_D wrote:
3. Genesis 22 was include in in my comment.
I noticed...after the fact. My mistake.
G_O_D wrote:
4. Because it is true. Most don;t even read the Bible for inspired illumination. They simply accept Paul's opinion as truth, even when it contradicts Jesus or the Hebrew Scriptures.
Show me where Paul contradicts, and I'll show you where we misunderstand Paul's writings.
G_O_D wrote:
5. Since I wasn't trained to acept the English Bible as perfect, I can read it without prejudice. It is full of errors, contradictions and lies. Jesus didn't write the Bible.
Neither was I trained. My studies have been strictly a solo mission, since the beginning of my studies and with only a few years exception. Therefore, I agree, that our English translations have errors. But, I don't depend solely on our English translations, either. I know better than that.
G_O_D wrote:
6. My apologies if you took that as directed at you. My point is that allegedly Paul's opinion is always right because he is inspired by the Holy Spirit. Thus, anyone inspired by the Holy Spirit has just as perfect an opinion.
Apology accepted. Thank you.

And that's only if you believe that every believer is truly inspired by the Holy Spirit as the authors of the bible were. I, personally, do not believe such a thing. I believe such a belief derives from the believer's unwavering trust and confidence in the English translators and their translations. I know that many don't recognize the discrepancy in putting such faith in these men.
G_O_D wrote:
IMHO Paul was no different than anyone else and his opinions are no more valid than Muhammad's. Both were men with an agenda and claimed to be speaking for God.
I know that you know that I have to disagree with you.

Again, many people, especially believers, grossly misunderstand Paul's writings, which atheists and skeptics take advantage of constantly. And even with this being the case, I find it rare for anyone to even consider reconsidering and examining what they've been taught regarding Paul's writings. Instead, pride and/or fear overcomes reason and logic. Pride for those that can't fathom the mere possibility that they might be mistaken, or deceived, and fear for those that can't fathom change. Even now, I've asked two questions, repeatedly, that still haven't been answered.

"Fear what?" Based on Philippians 2:12.

And "In James' statement, what differentiates devils and you?" Based on James 2:19.

Until next time...

Shalowm.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#470019 Dec 10, 2012
~*~*~*~*~*

Morning....

“Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.”

~ Author Unknown

Thought For The Day

~*~*~*~*~*

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#470020 Dec 10, 2012
Dear God,

Your Word gives us so much enlightenment and precious promises that we may trust and cling to. In John 12:26 "Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me." I come to you now and lift up my brothers and sisters in Christ who are so faithful to follow you in countries where they are persecuted for doing so. You have promised to honor them for believing in you and standing in faith. I pray that you will meet their every need. I pray for peace beyond understanding; for good health; for basic life needs of food, clothing, and shelter; for fellowship with other Christians; for protection from harm and evil; for opportunities to share the Gospel and witness your love in action; for the opportunity to read your Word; for happiness; for strength for the weak; for healing for the wounded; for a special touch upon their lives as their very lives are often in danger because they are Christians. God I love these precious people and my heart aches over the things they have suffered and face daily. Please carry them in the shelter of your power, your love, your protection. May the blood of Jesus cover them, cover us all, and keep us for that wonderful day of redemption to which we look forward. May your church live and prosper in every land. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Prime Time With God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#470021 Dec 10, 2012
Encouraging Words....

“The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe.”

Proverbs 18:10

K-Love

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#470022 Dec 10, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> There's nothing really to let go, this is a Christian based thread discussing an important subject, once saved always saved is not a Biblical teaching, as for my "payoff" it is called Eternal Life, and it will be mine so long as I maintain salvation through the obedience of God's Word.
I am referring to you "letting go" in the sense-
that, God can not be put in the box you and those likeminded
like you want to put Him into.

I wish for you that you would - let go and let God..-

You have no God given right to judge another man's soul-
or his destiny in the here ever after..

If you boast about any eternal >payoff< to your approach on
Salvation- then, my friend, you are --working-- too hard.

God doesn't need pompus- and neither does the world..
Lighten up.

ps. you can pass that along to your pastor also..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min WildWeirdWillie 175,658
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min It aint necessari... 775,423
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min atemcowboy 559,529
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min Anti-Christ 441,777
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min coco the zionist ... 119,661
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 15 min rachel stallings 661
Electrolüx Servis Levent Eksiksiz hizmet 342 OO... 16 min electrofersen 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Aura Mytha 265,158
More from around the web