|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> You have a lot to learn. Telling the truth doesn't nessacerily equate to hosttility, I'm just setting the record straight that's all.
But if you couldn't care less, why care enough to even ask the question, eh?
So rugged with such tough talk ...I know I'm thoroughly impressed.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Daemon?
;)
How are ya ,Ken?
Hello Jack,
Ain't seen you around, was beginning to wonder.

Did you get the hay put up, hinges fixed on barn door, chimney swept, downspouts cleaned, water turned off & pipes drained to exterior hose bibs, wood split & stacked, coal chute shored up & coal delivered, all single-pane glass covered in plastic, garden plot turned over, and all those little winter chores completed?
~snicker~

I'm doing good ...probably better than I deserve, thanks.
You??

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
~snicker~
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HFN.
This is kind of funny. I'll tell you why. I got the impression earlier from a post to me by Quin that he may have thought like you that I had my surgery yesterday. It got me wondering how it was that he thought that after having read his post. I didn't go back and look at exactly what I posted but I know I did say it was going to be on the 7th. If I didn't say January the 7th I apologize because I thought I'd said it was going to be on January 7th.
I was scratching my head when Quin posted me asking how I was feeling, and now that you asked about the surgery perhaps I didn't say January the 7th. My bad. You must have been thinking "wow, that was a quick recovery because he's back posting after surgery yesterday".
LOL!!!
At any rate all is well right now, and I'm sure all will go well with my surgery in January. I thank you for your concern and support my dear Sister in Christ, it means a lot to me.
I hope you have a good nights rest and a fantastic Sonday. I'm turning in for the night.
God bless you.
You may have said January RA but I was thinking November. And I did wonder about you posting this soon. LOL Anyway Iím glad all is well! At least you will be able to have Christmas with your family before you have it. And yes my friend you have my concern, support and prayers.:) Take it easy and rest up if you can during this busy time of the year. Just remember what the reason for it all really is.(I know you do though)

Sleep peacefully.
HFN

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lawest,
If someone truly believes and is not just trying to obtain a free pass out of hell is backsliding and die before they can ask for forgievnes then yes I think they will go to heaven. But, If they did not feel bad (sorry) about what they were doing even while doing it then I would question whether they were really saved or not. I believe that if they have the Holy Spirit living in them then The holy Spirit would convict them for doing those things.
HFN
Good evening HFN. I believe it's all about how far one strays away from God, like the longer you stay away from under the Word preached and stop praying, the more you become more suseptible to the temptations of sin until you gradually fall into that state of being that I described in my scenario. And they hear less and less God's voice crying out within them.

Jesus said that we are to pray always and not faint. Have a Blessed night my friend.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

TIM958 wrote:
What I am trying to point out is that after we believe in God we can wander far away and if we don't turn back on our own God will put something in our life to bring us back. Being a Christian is not following rules and laws it is serving him out of a heart of gratitude. If we lose that thankful heart we will wander! If we wander too far he will do something to bring us back to love him. We need to review and refresh our thinking to be as close to Him as possible. When we want to do His will we are in the right p[lace and the Holy Spirit will guide us to do what he wants us to do. Then we are filled with the Spirit which means fulfilling what He would have for us to do. No one ever accomplishes this fully because of our sin nature and the fight we constantly have with sin. Yet He is the one who accomplishes His work in us. We are just clean vessels and our heart is God's heart. My favorite verse is: Jhn 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
Good early morning Tim, I can understand why you are saying this due to Calvinistic interpretations... I was looking at 5 major points of Calvinism also known by the acronymn of T.U.L.I.P....

Regarading the "U" which you already know stands for "Unconditional Election"... which is the Calvinistic interpretation of predestination... I was surprised to learn that Calvinists believe that God already had a master list before Genesis 1:1 of who will go to heaven and who will go to hell. Now I can better understand your own mode of thinking regarding Once Saved Always Saved from a Calvinist's standpoint.

But doesn't that viewpoint contradict John 3:16 and even the concepts of free will? What's the point if you're predestined to go to heaven and others are predestined to go to hell? How would this Calvinistic interpretation make God fair and just?

Personally, I believe God chose everyone before the foundations of the world but because of Adam's disobedience, sin entered the world and set the course of nature on fire, so to speak. Add in a dash of freewill and a cup of stubborness, and only a few will be saved.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?" (Gal. 3:2-3)
Let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith" (Heb. 12:1-2)
Grace means that God gets all the credit!
It is His salvation!
It is His LIFE! It is His working!
It is His power!
To God be the glory!
Worthy is the Lamb! May Christ be magnified in our bodies (Phil. 1:20)! May the beauty of the Lord God rest upon us! May Christ be formed in us
(Gal. 4:19)! May His fruit be to His glory (Phil. 1:11)! May we be trophies of His grace (Eph. 2:7)!
Oh to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be! "By the grace of God I am what I am!" (1 Cor. 15:10).
"That, according as it is written, He that glorieth (boasteth), let him glory (boast) in the Lord!" (1 Cor. 1:31)
The only thing I can say to the scriptures is amen. But that still doesn't directly have anything to do with discussion at hand, we can't use tbe Word against itself because Christ is not divided.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
God's Holy Word does indeed teach "once saved always saved". Sadly you don't see it. And rather than looking into what many in here have tried to get you to see in God's Holy Word concerning the subject you've chosen to mock and try to ridicule with your jokes just like unbelievers do. That in itself speaks volumes about you Lawest and the lie you believe and are trying to sell in here.
All I can say is the following scripture describes what has happened to you to a "T". Believing a lie you've been deceived.
2nd Thessalonians 2:10-11.
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
Sad truly sad!!
Sorry Apples, but what is really sad is the irony behind your entire post when you yourself ate really tossed up on so many subjects in the Word yourself, you cannot show anyone something that is not there to be seen. If you honestly believe that you can live a sin infested life and yet maintain salvation in Christ Jesus then the strong delusion has been sent to you.

Again in your correspondence to myself and others over time on this thread you stand against many of God's truths staring you directly in your face from the pages of the Bible, and yet you still claim God, you ignore scriptures like Matthew 24:13, Hebrews 10:26-29, Hebrews 6:4-6 just to name a very few as well as many other scriptures on various other subjects, you are among the least qualified here to try to scold anyone over the scriptures and definitely one who falls greatly in line with one whom God has sent a strong delusion.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Was not sure where you was taking this.
No two people ever think the same.
There is never a shortage of opinions.
Always remember when I post scripture I
am only trying to share as I think God
would want me to do.Hope you did enjoy
the reading of them.Have a good evening.
I understand Lil' W, thank you and have a Blessed night.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
"One Flew East, One Flew West, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest"
Just watch out for Nurse Ratched ;)
Hope yer night is well ,Drew:)
Time for Dae Joyong...
Good evening John. How're you tonight?

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

T.U.L.I.P (Calvinist doctrine)

1. Give me a T - Total hereditary depravity... Calvinist: babies inherit Adam's sin nature and are totally depraved.(mine: now I do believe that we inherit Adamic sin nature but still yet, Jesus did say, regarding children, that such are the Kingdom of God).

2. Give me a U -...already discussed in my last post.

3. Give me an L - Limited Atonement ... Calvinist: God did not die for all men (Mine: I believe Jesus died for all per the scriptures... romans 5:19 is one of them,)

4. Give me an I - Irresistable Grace... Calvinist: The Holy Spirit removes depraved nature, replaces with saving faith, Holy Spirit guides and gives interpretation of scriptures.(Mine: I believe in irresistable Grace, The Holy Spirit gives us a new nature... but that depraved nature is still in there warring against the Spirit as it says in Galatians 5:17... we still have that free-will to choose to go with the fleshly nature or the guidance of The Holy Spirit... this is why Apostle Paul used the metaphor that he beats his body and makes it his slave... He does so in order to follow the Holy Spirit... if not, then after he preached to others then he himself would be a castaway)

5. Give me a "P" - Persevarance of the Saints... basically, the Once Saved Always Saved gospel.(mine: I would agree that the saints ought to persevere in the Lord and in doing so we will preserve our salvation... but I can't agree with once saved always saved and that God already had a master list... sorry)

Those are pretty much the 5 pillars of calvinism that I've read on Tim and I put a sliver of my own views on the matter in a nutshell. I've noticed thru researching other denoms. history that this same familiar philosophy morphed into Baptist and other denoms...(same thread weaving as Drew somewhat mentioned a day or two ago). I used to believe OSAS as this is what I was taught.. but having a little deeper understanding of the issues - for myself, I couldn't agree any longer with those various T.U.L.I.P postions...

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Welp, saying hello and Good early mornin' to Bros. Lawest & RA, Bros LL & Drew, Sisters HFN, LW & SP?, Lele & HU, Dr.R and Shinky Dink and everyone else...

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Edit: "Those are pretty much the 5 pillars of calvinism that I've read, Tim (addressing Tim)

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Have a good rest...

:)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Qu_innocence wrote:
Welp, saying hello and Good early mornin' to Bros. Lawest & RA, Bros LL & Drew, Sisters HFN, LW & SP?, Lele & HU, Dr.R and Shinky Dink and everyone else...
And a early good morning to you as well Qu. It seems like you and I pretty much keep the same hours.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening John. How're you tonight?
Having my Korean lessons right now(yes.I keep odd hours too;)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
T.U.L.I.P (Calvinist doctrine)
1. Give me a T - Total hereditary depravity... Calvinist: babies inherit Adam's sin nature and are totally depraved.(mine: now I do believe that we inherit Adamic sin nature but still yet, Jesus did say, regarding children, that such are the Kingdom of God).
2. Give me a U -...already discussed in my last post.
3. Give me an L - Limited Atonement ... Calvinist: God did not die for all men (Mine: I believe Jesus died for all per the scriptures... romans 5:19 is one of them,)
4. Give me an I - Irresistable Grace... Calvinist: The Holy Spirit removes depraved nature, replaces with saving faith, Holy Spirit guides and gives interpretation of scriptures.(Mine: I believe in irresistable Grace, The Holy Spirit gives us a new nature... but that depraved nature is still in there warring against the Spirit as it says in Galatians 5:17... we still have that free-will to choose to go with the fleshly nature or the guidance of The Holy Spirit... this is why Apostle Paul used the metaphor that he beats his body and makes it his slave... He does so in order to follow the Holy Spirit... if not, then after he preached to others then he himself would be a castaway)
5. Give me a "P" - Persevarance of the Saints... basically, the Once Saved Always Saved gospel.(mine: I would agree that the saints ought to persevere in the Lord and in doing so we will preserve our salvation... but I can't agree with once saved always saved and that God already had a master list... sorry)
Those are pretty much the 5 pillars of calvinism that I've read on Tim and I put a sliver of my own views on the matter in a nutshell. I've noticed thru researching other denoms. history that this same familiar philosophy morphed into Baptist and other denoms...(same thread weaving as Drew somewhat mentioned a day or two ago). I used to believe OSAS as this is what I was taught.. but having a little deeper understanding of the issues - for myself, I couldn't agree any longer with those various T.U.L.I.P postions...
Good morning Quinn:)

This discussion was beaten to a pulp in the past (way in the past), followed it off and on last few days and has taken all the predicable twist and turns it generally does. For the uninitiated the "once saved always saved" is properly known as "The Doctrine of Eternal Security". It is derived from the writings of John Calvin ,16th century French Reformist. His magnum opus was "The Institutes"(aka- "Institutes of the Christian Religion"). Their are those who feel the Calvinism of today has strayed Calvin's original work. Read them and you be the judge, whosoever will;)

I could attempt to 'harmonize' both "camps" - but I think what might be interesting would be the scripture "supporting' both "camps" be posted and the challenge - "ok, now harmonize" - be given.
Just a suggestion, have fun:)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Having my Korean lessons right now(yes.I keep odd hours too;)
Good, have a great night/early morning.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Also, many don't realise those who hold to a Reformed or Calvinist position don't necessarily adhere to all 5 'points' of T.U.L.I.P. Some may have heard a believer in a discussion say "Well, I'm a 2 pointer " or "..a 3 point Calvinist..." - meaning they only hold to certain portions of the TULIP.

AS in much of Christendom there can be overlap of doctrine. But, as always ,the 'essentials' of the faith must secure the foundation, or we speak of "another Gospel".

Have a good night/morning...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
....What I am seeing from your post is...I...I...I...I...AND I...
Because you asked me what "I DID".

Sorry I ansered the question, I didn't think you were setting trap.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

519 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which one sounds the nastiest of all ? 3 min PDX Dave 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Buck Crick 224,039
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 720,282
SIGN of the end-times: the spread of homosexuality 9 min PDX Dave 27
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 min Vinod S 4,551
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Liam 532,456
I Say A Little Prayer 13 min Jenji 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Clearwater 172,271
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 16 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••