Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#469732 Dec 7, 2012
Believers are born again (regenerated) when they believe (John 3:3; Titus 3:5). For a Christian to lose his salvation, he would have to be un-regenerated. The Bible gives no evidence that the new birth can be taken away.

The Holy Spirit indwells all believers (John 14:17; Romans 8:9) and baptizes all believers into the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13). For a believer to become unsaved, he would have to be "un-indwelt" and detached from the Body of Christ.

John 3:15 states that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will "have eternal life." If you believe in Christ today and have eternal life, but lose it tomorrow, then it was never "eternal" at all. Hence if you lose your salvation, the promises of eternal life in the Bible would be in error.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#469733 Dec 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I know too much about Jesus, Judaea and Judaism. I am also too honest to do what Paul did.
Since you see yourself as superior,Then why do you feel the need to judge another like Paul????Another words you admit you could not do the walk using the word honest as your excuse.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#469734 Dec 7, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you see yourself as superior,Then why do you feel the need to judge another like Paul????Another words you admit you could not do the walk using the word honest as your excuse.
Hello Lil Whispers..How are you doing tonight? Great question^^^^

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#469736 Dec 7, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
REVELATION
Rev 1:8 (Part 2)
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," SAYS THE LORD GOD, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
Allow me to say this, please and if you will.

"Alpha and Omega" means, as you know, "first and last."

There are two applications to this.

The first is in his own creation, whether we believe this or not. Revelation 3:14 declares, "And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God."

He's not only the beginner of creation, but the beginning of the creation of "God." Again, this doesn't say he's the "beginner" of the creation of "God," but "the beginning!" Which means what?

Father is always accredited with creating all things, even though we know that His Son created all things, actually. Which means, that our anointed Savior created all things, by the command of Father, after he was created! Our anointed Savior created all things, but he was the first created, by Father. Whether we wish to change this to fit our own perceptions, or past teachings and indoctrination, it'll mean nothing unless we can change what's written. Our anointed Savior is the "the beginning..of the creation ..of God." "God" created, and our anointed Savior was the beginning of it. Furthermore...

Colossians 1:15 calls him "the firstborn of every creature." The "firstborn!" Now, this is different from Colossians 1:18 that calls him "the firstborn from the dead." Verse 18 is about his being the first resurrected being. But, verse 15 is about his being the first created! Verse 18 assists in proving the other definition, but not the first. Unless we can change scripture, Revelation 3:14, we've got nothing in our arsenal. Now...

Our anointed Savior is the beginning of "God's" creation, as written. But, he's also the "Omega." He's the last of "God's" creation. After his, all else was created by him. Now, where's the second application?

He's also the FIRST to be risen to everlasting life! And the last, too!

Our anointed Savior was risen, by Father, to everlasting life. Our anointed Savior is the LAST to be risen by Father! All else will be risen to everlasting life by our anointed Savior.

I wanted to continue, but I've typed for long enough now. Should any doubt what I've said, here? Did I leave room for doubt?

New subject.

Fear is a terrible thing.

Paul wrote, "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father (Romans 8:15)."

Can you imagine being fearful of stepping away from what you've been taught? Can you imagine never questioning what you've been taught? Can you imagine only studying to reinforce what you've been taught?

After 2,000 years.....we still expect...

I can't even say it.

Shalowm, my Brother.

Location hidden

#469737 Dec 7, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Lil Whispers..How are you doing tonight? Great question^^^^
Hello Grace;
Good to see you here again.Always look forward to your opinions.
Doin good out here in the desert.(no moisture too dry).Have a good evening.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#469738 Dec 7, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
I won't address the scripture BLL but the above part of your post is what triggered my thoughts.
I think that when some "believers" are uncomfortable with the message they would rather think that it was intended for us little heathens.
As a believer, I agree.
AnnieJ wrote:
Often some will use a scripture to condemn others when if they would just do a tiny bit of further reading they would see that it applies to those that say they are followers of Christ.
One of my pet peeves!
One of my biggest "pet-peeves" is when no so-called "believer" ever tries to apply the negative aspects of the bible to themselves. It's always the next philosophy, the next religion, the next denomination, the next so-called "believer." It's almost never "Me."
AnnieJ wrote:
Now as to "OSAS" doctrine...
The following is only as it applies to me.
I disregard it. Why???
At one time in my life I was a "believer" just as much as many here...probably more than some. I tried to live my life according to those rules and conditions. One day I had to admit...I could not believe them all. So I packed my bags and moved on.
I left the church...I left Christianity...I took with me however what I could believe and my belief if God. I say this because it applies to my thoughts on "OSAS".
I could easily use the excuse..."once saved always saved" but I will not be a hypocrite when it comes to my faith. I won't do that...I won't use a part of scripture as a safeguard for my actions.
So whether is is "truth" or not simply doesn't enter in to my thinking. If by chance all of this "stuff" is true...I will accept my rewards or punishment that God feels I deserve.
If by some chance "OSAS" is true...I do not want rewarded because of some "loophole" but instead simply because of how I lived my life. If there is a judgment day then I want to be able to stand on the life that I have lead and what is in my heart.
I know this was not what you were looking for in your post...but...it is what I felt that I needed to share.
I truly understand you, and I don't blame you. Not with what's been going on for so long now. "Christianity," as we know it, SUCKS!

My religion is "Mashiyachiym," and there's justifiable reason for it.

"Mashiyachiym" is derived from "Mashiyach." "Mashiyach" means "Anointed," as does "Christos." Both, in the end, means "Anointed." BUT...I wished, long ago, to separate myself from the common perception of Christendom. I know that many are aware of the apostate "church." Many in Protestantism are in league and aren't even aware of it. But, I continue to study.

Until next time...

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#469739 Dec 7, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> And how many homeless people have YOU saved tonight while criticizing others on topix?
Your desperate attempt to hide the fact that >>>YOU<<< do not DO good works has nothing to do with my post. So here, try again:

"You can pray to an old sock and get the same luck of the draw results.

A homeless person will die tonight because a Christian would rather pray for homless people, rather than getting off their lazy fat butt and GIVING him/her some food."

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#469740 Dec 7, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Allow me to say this, please and if you will.
"Alpha and Omega" means, as you know, "first and last."
There are two applications to this.
The first is in his own creation, whether we believe this or not. Revelation 3:14 declares, "And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God."
He's not only the beginner of creation, but the beginning of the creation of "God." Again, this doesn't say he's the "beginner" of the creation of "God," but "the beginning!" Which means what?
Father is always accredited with creating all things, even though we know that His Son created all things, actually. Which means, that our anointed Savior created all things, by the command of Father, after he was created! Our anointed Savior created all things, but he was the first created, by Father. Whether we wish to change this to fit our own perceptions, or past teachings and indoctrination, it'll mean nothing unless we can change what's written. Our anointed Savior is the "the beginning..of the creation ..of God." "God" created, and our anointed Savior was the beginning of it. Furthermore...
Colossians 1:15 calls him "the firstborn of every creature." The "firstborn!" Now, this is different from Colossians 1:18 that calls him "the firstborn from the dead." Verse 18 is about his being the first resurrected being. But, verse 15 is about his being the first created! Verse 18 assists in proving the other definition, but not the first. Unless we can change scripture, Revelation 3:14, we've got nothing in our arsenal. Now...
Our anointed Savior is the beginning of "God's" creation, as written. But, he's also the "Omega." He's the last of "God's" creation. After his, all else was created by him. Now, where's the second application?
He's also the FIRST to be risen to everlasting life! And the last, too!
Our anointed Savior was risen, by Father, to everlasting life. Our anointed Savior is the LAST to be risen by Father! All else will be risen to everlasting life by our anointed Savior.
I wanted to continue, but I've typed for long enough now. Should any doubt what I've said, here? Did I leave room for doubt?
New subject.
Fear is a terrible thing.
Paul wrote, "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father (Romans 8:15)."
Can you imagine being fearful of stepping away from what you've been taught? Can you imagine never questioning what you've been taught? Can you imagine only studying to reinforce what you've been taught?
After 2,000 years.....we still expect...
I can't even say it.
Shalowm, my Brother.
I see you're still spiritually clueless and just can never get it together, spouting out such gibberish hoping to attract a cult following.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#469741 Dec 7, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
So was Moses..:) But you quote Leviticus all the time..God Bless
Moses and not God wrote Leviticus ? You aren't being very Christian. <smile>

Anyway, are you saying Jesus didn't believe in the Torah ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#469742 Dec 7, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
...When people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their salvation as eternally secure. Numerous passages of Scripture declare this fact...
Sounds great!

I already accepted Jesus as the atonement for my transgressions.

So I can commit every sin there is and still go to heaven ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#469743 Dec 7, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
... you admit you could not do the walk using the word honest as your excuse.
I couldn't do what Hitler did either. Same thing. Feel free to bash me for that, too.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#469744 Dec 7, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>As a believer, I agree.
<quoted text>One of my biggest "pet-peeves" is when no so-called "believer" ever tries to apply the negative aspects of the bible to themselves. It's always the next philosophy, the next religion, the next denomination, the next so-called "believer." It's almost never "Me."
<quoted text>I truly understand you, and I don't blame you. Not with what's been going on for so long now. "Christianity," as we know it, SUCKS!
My religion is "Mashiyachiym," and there's justifiable reason for it.
"Mashiyachiym" is derived from "Mashiyach." "Mashiyach" means "Anointed," as does "Christos." Both, in the end, means "Anointed." BUT...I wished, long ago, to separate myself from the common perception of Christendom. I know that many are aware of the apostate "church." Many in Protestantism are in league and aren't even aware of it. But, I continue to study.
Until next time...
I was going to call myself a Jesuit but the name was already malappropriated. <smile>

Location hidden

#469745 Dec 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't do what Hitler did either. Same thing. Feel free to bash me for that, too.
I not bashing you by asking a simple question.How did Hitler and Paul get on the same page here with you???Is this not entirely two different time periods????? Please explain this one.Then how can it be the same thing????And you did not answer my question either about the I have I ask what you have done????

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#469746 Dec 8, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
Once a person is saved are they always saved? When people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their salvation as eternally secure. Numerous passages of Scripture declare this fact.
Romans 8:30 declares, "And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified." This verse tells us that from the moment God chooses us, it is as if we are glorified in His presence in heaven. There is nothing that can prevent a believer from one day being glorified because God has already purposed it in heaven. Once a person is justified, his salvation is guaranteed - he is as secure as if he is already glorified in heaven
I have a question / scenario for you to answer if you will, I have posed this question two or three times already and only one person who believes in the 'once saved always saved' theology have attempted to answer it, so here it is again in bold capitol letters.

IF A MAN BECOMES SAVED AND FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST AND GROW IN GRACE AND MATURITY IN THE LORD OVER A LONG INDETERMINATE PERIOD OF TIME, AND GRADUALLY BEGAN TO GO SLACK IN HIS PRAYING, ASSEMBLING HIMSELF WITH THE OTHER SAINTS IN CHURCH AND THROUGH OTHER DEVICES BEGAN TO EVENTUALLY GO FULL BLOWN BACK INTO A LIFE OF STEALING, LYING, DRINKING, CURSING, WHOREMONGERING, HATRED, ETC..........AND END UP DYING IN THAT STATE WITHOUT HAVING MADE IT BACK TO GOD, WILL HE STILL BE SAVED IN THE JUDGEMENT?????

Thank you in advance for giving your prompt consideration to this very important question.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#469747 Dec 8, 2012
@Tim... I've read about 1/2 of the first transcript... couldn't read the whole thing this morning but look forward to looking at the rest of it:

1. I've read that he mentioned that the original term was called "Perserverance of the Saints." Perserverance is a key word there for me. Somewhere down the line it got nick-named "Eternal Security"... so I can see where that phrase could change one's mindset - especially descendants of the Christian faith as they bypass that key word "perserverance", not knowing that it had been lazily replaced over the centuries with the term "Eternal Security."

2. That was an interesting read about the Remonstrants and Calvinists' response.

3. Interesting how he distiguishes 1. certainty of assurance of Salvation now (mine: genuinely repenting and asking The Lord for salvation by faith, basically) versus ---> 2. perseverance (in the Lord) which assures continued certainty. <--- That's very notable, because what if one doesn't persevere in the Lord? Does one lose their agency of free will after being saved? Or if they don't continue does that mean that they were never saved to begin with?

4. I definitely agree with what he says here: "The doctrine of the perseverance of the saints, or of eternal life, is not a teaching that a professed believer in the Lord Jesus Christ is saved no matter what his practices in life may be.... <---(Yes) Therefore, the Bible teaches that a truly regenerate man possesses a renewed nature and cannot live as he lived before his saving experience." <---- BUT... can a truly regenerate man fall from Grace? <--- That's my question and I will answer my own question with a yes. Saved or not we still have free will that God will not interfere with... She will counsel us to go this way or that way but what if we don't listen to the Holy Spirit or lack the courage? Look at what Apostle Paul said in I Cor 9:27 and Romans 8:13... even Jesus had to wrestle to God's Will in the Garden. Hence the word "per+severe".

5. Here's another point he makes and quotes another person which is good IMHO: "The evidence of the possession of eternal life INCLUDES CONTINUANCE in the good work that God has begun. As Jonathan Edwards once said,“The sure pure proof of election is that one perseveres to the end.”(Mine: Again, key word is persevere. The Holy Spirit will help us to a certain point but we still have the responsibility to be humble enough to receive that help from Her and remain faithful, obedient and the like to the Lord.. that responsibility is ours.)

So anyways, those are some basic things that I agree with so far... Another thing he mentioned is that the Perseverance of the Saints doctrine AKA Eternal Security (which morphed into a Once Saved Always Saved Gospel in some denoms) is not designed to lull those into a false sense of securtiy but that is what is happening among some of those circles. I read maybe just a little further but didn't dedicate myself completely to that part yet but IMHO it seems like he is starting to compromise his previous statements but I have to delve into it further... Have a good one.

http://sljinstitute.net/sermons/doctrine/page...

“Saved. ”

#469748 Dec 8, 2012
Good early morning Lawest, Grace, HU, LW, Shrinky Dink and everybody. Headed out shortly to rest.

“Saved. ”

#469749 Dec 8, 2012
TIM958 wrote:
The audience of the Lord when he told the story of the prodigal son was tax collectors, sinners, Pharisees and scribes. Wasn't the prodigal son a sinner and the brother a Pharisee?
But what if the brother had died in that strange land apart from his father? He had taken a huge gamble to depart from his father but he was fortunate enough to make it back and repent. Being rebellious, what if he had died out there like some others could have? Would that be his father's fault?

The Bible does not state that his brother was a Pharisee but I understand where you're coming from though. The brother who stayed behind was just as much loved by his father but he should have rejoiced with his father also that his brother returned to the "safety" of their home.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#469750 Dec 8, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
Good early morning Lawest, Grace, HU, LW, Shrinky Dink and everybody. Headed out shortly to rest.
Good morning Qu, rest yourself up, I understand the need for that.

“Saved. ”

#469751 Dec 8, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Correctomundo, my Brother! And thank you.
When this was revealed to me, I took the liberty of going through the law and highlighting all the laws that pertain, directly and/or indirectly to love toward one another. Then, I found at least one coinciding scripture in our "New Testament" texts. For instance...
Leviticus 19:17
Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
Galatians 6:1
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
It troubles me when so many so-called "believers" insist that the whole law is nailed to the cross and done away with, but resort to quoting such verses as Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 to denounce homosexuality! I call these types "Special-Opts Christians." But, when we begin to understand that our anointed Savior is found in the law, prophecies, and psalms, we begin to realize exactly which laws were fulfilled on the cross and which weren't. It should be obvious to all of us that such laws that prohibit murder, adultery, stealing, lying, and covetousness, were not done away with, nor nailed to any cross. But, neither was Leviticus 19:17, so it's a must we search outside the decalogue in order to learn of all the laws pertaining to love. What's also a must that we understand is that the prophets revealed, specifically, which laws were going to be fulfilled on the cross.
<quoted text>Not much, that's for sure!
To "believe" is to "have faith." What many don't realize, though, is that many times throughout our "New Testament" texts, the term "believe" is used synonymously with "obey." I pointed this out in a previous post, but it went unnoticed. But, that's why I always follow James 2:19 with the question, "What differentiates us from devils?"
James 2:19
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, AND TREMBLE.
<quoted text>Correctomundo, again!
We can't have one without the other. Faith produces love. And love not only provides evidence of faith, but produces faith, too, as we begin to witness the reality of "God's" promised kingdom in us!
2Peter 1:5-8
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Amen Bro.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#469752 Dec 8, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I not bashing you by asking a simple question.How did Hitler and Paul get on the same page here with you???Is this not entirely two different time periods????? Please explain this one.Then how can it be the same thing????And you did not answer my question either about the I have I ask what you have done????
Both were 'silver tongued devils' that caused the death and misery of millions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min bad bob 176,203
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 578,923
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min scaritual 817,480
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 17 min Good-Evil 1,963
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. (Jul '14) 29 min Ed Teach 151
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 43 min Ed Teach 53,325
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 45 min Freebird USA 9,227
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Aura Mytha 270,053
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr MUQ2 39,952
More from around the web