Comments
452,601 - 452,620 of 600,025 Comments Last updated 19 min ago
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#469710 Dec 7, 2012
TIM958 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then English speaking people who know no greek are all lost. Just trying to see where you are at here. You aid that the Bible alone is our only guidance then which Bible of transcripts or translation or paraphrase?
To get answer for your last question?
read 2 tim 3;16.2 Peter 1;20
The Torah is most truthful translation
and NT,OG
Also English Septuagint translated by Brenton
they are most closest translations expressing true old hebrew or arameic and greek koine

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#469711 Dec 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Me thinks that Paul dost potesteth too much.
Paul is hoisted by his own petard.
Me wants to whisper to you follow your heart and
you shall find God and love also follow no man only God.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#469712 Dec 7, 2012
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
You can pray to an old sock and get the same luck of the draw results.
A homeless person will die tonight because a Christian would rather pray for homless people, rather than getting off their lazy fat butt and GIVING him/her some food.
And how many homeless people have YOU saved tonight while criticizing others on topix?

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#469713 Dec 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
It is not personal beliefs that make one a fraud, it is taking the words as written then claiming that God told you exactly what they mean and anyone who disagrees is evil that makes one a fraud.
Further, if one believes that only their beliefs are correct yet only attack non-christians who disagree with them, that makes them a coward.
Most of the people you mentioned say "Here is what the scriptures say and this is what I interpret them to mean." I can respect that. Those who claim that God talks through ir to them are either lunatics or liars. Drew IMHO is one of the latter. He is a typical "Only Real Christian"(tm). That "I have the Holy Spirit and you are wrong" crap is nothing but a cop-out of cowards, liars and lunatics.
If you can convince me that he and others of his ilk are simply lunatics then I will change my low regard for them and grant them the same lattitude I offer to all such unfortunates.
<quoted text>
I know exactly what you're saying. I went several months avoiding Drew because of exactly what you describe ..."my interpretation is correct, and yours is not" whether he was speaking to me or someone else. At any rate I didn't like what I was seeing. IMO that makes him over-zealous, headstrong, and perhaps a little callous; but a fraud, or a coward ...No.

You see, I made my point without kicking him in the shins ...without attacking his self-esteem. If I did use any below-the-belt tactics ...I apologize for them now.

This man presently does too much toward the enrichment of our culture and has in the past served the people of this country and the world well.

A coward ...a fraud ...No.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#469714 Dec 7, 2012
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012... I thnk it's WRONG for the Kanas City Chiefs players to pay 'tribute' to Jovan Belcher. He made some very bad 'moral' choices in his personal life,and last week it caught up with him. He made some very bad choices that helped 'create' the environment that helped to cause last week's events. I mean,America has changed greatly,in terms of how it views morality,but that doesn't change the Holy REALITY of Almighty God's Holy Word,the Holy Bible. Belcher was living with,sleeping with and having sex with a woman to whom he was not married. In other words,he was 'SHACKIN''. And not only was he shackin' with the mother of his new baby,he was also CHEATIN' on her. I wouldn't be surpirisd if he and his 'baby moma' got into an extremely violent argument about where he had been all night,and she had probably confronted him about her suspicions that he had been with another woman,wile he confronted her about being out late as well. And you know what?? The fact that Belcher shot his 'baby moma' so many times right in front of his mother makes me wonder if his girlfriend was upset that his mother had moved in,and makes me wonder if his girlfriend might have said something REAL ugly to Belcher's mother because she didn't want her there anyway,which ultimately led Belcher to waste her like a dog once she said something bad about,or to,his mother. I mean,who knows,but I'm just saying,WHY did this dude do this?? He was obviously living REAL foul,and it caught up with him. Just imagine if he had called a friend with a white Bronco and fled.:(

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#469715 Dec 7, 2012
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
my dear mama Annie is ok without of your comment
And way better without yours
maestro boo boo HU dork nr 1
dr shink is blessed and will be blessed,
but you you???
ME me ...I'm very well off without you also.
I doubt if you are blessed for real without of Gods grace,
Your doubts are no concern of mine.
maybe she Annie sounds like old women,but many kids females sounds worse,
sounds doesn't make Annie old groudge.
but your dork bambling makes you groudge, and self appointed cheap lawyer of mama Annie,
I call her friend. And she has no need for a lawyer.

You see asshole, I just like to shit on you ...every chance I get.
she needs me more from you,
Lol
you are not her lawyer or advisor
you are dork accepted in the 007 dorks offices only to sweep floors toilets,and vacum dr Shrink desk and room full of dust.
have nice and beautiful tough labor day for 3 dollars per hour.
bye mister dork?
And you are a refugee and the voice of experience.
I like Annie,
And I'm sure she is just crazy about you.
and tomorrow we go both on flomart by some old nice cheap stuff
What the hell is a flomart? Regardless, I'm sure you won't be found in Annie's company any time soon. It's just another masturbatory fantasy you harbor. The truth is; you give everyone the creeps.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#469716 Dec 7, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
Most "believers" can justify their actions/words/thoughts by finding a verse within the Bible. Is it in context...probably not but regardless they have found "something" that allows them to behave as they do and still feel justified.
I understand what you mean, but no verse justifies unrighteous thoughts, actions, reactions, and speech, whether anyone believes it does, or not. Including myself.
AnnieJ wrote:
I am sure that DR could find a verse that justifies his words to others.
If his words are unrighteous, then no, he couldn't. Neither could I.
AnnieJ wrote:
When I first came to Topix...and for a long time...the words of others hurt. They no longer do. I don't know if that bothers me or not...in a way I had to change in order for it not to hurt...harden my own heart so that the hardness of others did not affect me. Kind of saddens me in a way but so did those words that were meant to hurt me.
A sensitive soul you are. That's excellent.

Some believe I'm sensitive, because of my replies at times. But, I'm not. Rather, I get overly disappointed in the ways some think, act, react, and speak. Becoming offended by the posts of others doesn't make you a "crybaby," though.
AnnieJ wrote:
Recently I have been intrigued by how the Bible was divided into chapters and verses...sometimes right in the middle of a thought or an accounting of a story. How much does that influence the message...how much does a break in the thought change it. Even a comma or a period can change the intent of what one is trying to say.
BINGO!

If I could tell you how many times I had to direct someone to a next chapter to get the full understanding of the last verse of the last chapter, I would! Actually, I could, but I only have 1634 characters left.
AnnieJ wrote:
Anyway...back to the subject...

One will find a way to justify their actions. I have seen it done all my life...whether it is through "I BELIEVE"..."I AM FORGIVEN" or the "ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED" doctrine.
So have I, which is what made me the skeptic I became during my studies. I've found that the best course of study is to study not to establish, or re-establish, what I've been taught, or heard, during my childhood, but to examine everything with the utmost scrutiny.
AnnieJ wrote:
I do not believe that this is what God meant. I do not believe that if it is true...this inspired word of God...that he ever meant it to be a justification to treat others less than one's self. I believe...if it is true...that it was meant as a guide of living our own lives...not as a book of rules to judge how others are living theirs.
Incorrect, my friend. Those making a valiant effort to live godly have the right to judge, according to scriptures. But...

There's a fine line between all and everything. Sometimes, we can smudge the line a little, but not much. But, I will agree that nothing written allows us to treat anyone less than a person that our anointed Savior died for. In the meantime, I'm now troubled that you were a believer, but doubt some of (?) what's written now. I can alleviate that. tMail me, please and if you will. You'll learn, quick, that I'm not your average believer.

I've been an atheist. I've been agnostic. I've been skeptical. I've been a believer. I'm no longer a believer. Today, I KNOW.

None are to "believe" in Father and His only-begotten Son. We're to KNOW them. "Belief" can be disrupted, but "knowing" cannot. Some might oppose me for saying this, but I KNOW "God!" I don't mean that some miraculous event took place. I don't mean that the Holy Spirit directs me to "God." I don't mean that I'm exceptional. I mean that I studied to KNOW our 'Elohiym.

So you know...I just <Backspaced> on two sentences, because I believed I might be exalting myself. I stopped.

I have so much to share with you if you would only give me the chance. You've become the prodigal child.

I was, too.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#469717 Dec 7, 2012
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Isaiah 14;13-14,47;8.Boss?those passages are not Paul words like you claim with your insanity,
look at boss those passages,reaad them,and pray for forgiveness of your wrecked lost poor soul?
dr shrink sheed tears,when he read your clip clap clap posts?
"For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High." Isaiah 14:13-14

Read the whole story. That is the blasphemy that the King of BAbylon claimed. According to Isaiah, the King of Babylon thinks he is higher than God. It the King of Babylon (Nebuchadnezzer) that "has fallen like the Morning Star" (AKA Lucifer).

Sadly, not a single Christain in 1700 years has read the Hebrew original.

"Son of man, say to the ruler of Tyre,'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: "'In the pride of your heart you say, "I am a god; I sit on the throne of a god in the heart of the seas." But you are a man and not a god, though you think you are as wise as a god." Exekial 18:2

This time it is the King of Tyre claiming to be higher than God. Ezekial is "The Son of Man" which in Hebrew is Ben'Adam and means nothing more than "righteous man".

Just another example of Christians illiterate in Hebrew for 1700 years. By your mistranslations Ezekial is God, Messiah, Christ, etc. Ezekial is just a Jewish prophet, nothing more.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#469718 Dec 7, 2012
TIM958 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then English speaking people who know no greek are all lost....
You need Hebrew also.

Did you think Jesus spoke English ?

I think you spend way too much time shaking hands with the unemployed.

Translate that and get back to me. Feel free to ask the Magic Ghost to translate it for you. ROFLMAO

“Love much, trust none”

There

#469719 Dec 7, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Me wants to whisper to you follow your heart and
you shall find God and love also follow no man only God.
I have, and Paul is a man.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#469720 Dec 7, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly what you're saying. I went several months avoiding Drew because of exactly what you describe ..."my interpretation is correct, and yours is not" whether he was speaking to me or someone else. At any rate I didn't like what I was seeing. IMO that makes him over-zealous, headstrong, and perhaps a little callous; but a fraud, or a coward ...No.
You see, I made my point without kicking him in the shins ...without attacking his self-esteem. If I did use any below-the-belt tactics ...I apologize for them now.
This man presently does too much toward the enrichment of our culture and has in the past served the people of this country and the world well.
A coward ...a fraud ...No.
Out of respect for you and your opinions, I will henceforth consider him a harmless lunatic.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#469721 Dec 7, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
Good morning my brother... some people may or may not agree with others on here.. but they're listening for sure.
Are they? The ones that we hope listen?
Qu_innocence wrote:
Also, you're bringing some heavy stuff so to some you might as well be speaking spanish... smile.
I realize that not everybody might study as I (or you) do, but that's where the difference pays off!

No all are teachers. Not all have wisdom. Not all...

~sigh~

I study for those that don't.

THIS IS THE END TIMES, MAN! So-called "believers," all the time, say that prophets will rise up, so forth and so on, and proclaim the truth in THESE END TIMES!(NOTE: I, in no way, shape, or form, call myself a prophet.) But, all these so-called "believers" depend solely on their so-called "teachers," the same that's been sharing the same doctrine that's been passed down for how long now?!?! So, WHERE'S THE DIFFERENTIATING FACTOR that separates these so-called "teachers" that continue the same teachings that have been circulating, for thousands of years now, from these "end times" prophets?

Sadly, nobody cares. Ask anyone why they (almost) despise "Jehovah's Witnesses." Then, ask how many actually examined what "Jehovah's Witnesses" teach against what the listeners have learned. Did they measure the teachings of "Jehovah's Witnesses" against that which the bible teaches, or what they've learned of the bible, taught by those that they put their full confidence in...and their parents, and their parent's parents. And their parent's parents. And there......

Are Protestants even aware of the fact that the Roman Catholic hierarchy boasts that, even though Protestants claim to be a separate, but more spiritual, congregation than that of the Roman Catholic, that the Protestant still retains much of the doctrines of the Roman Catholic religion?

When are these prophets going to rise up, then? When will the Truth finally be revealed, as prophesied? When will the light finally break through the darkness?

In my last question, consider what I asked. If the light has always been present, through the Holy Spirit, then why "Protestantism?" If the Holy Spirit has always been present, in one of these denominations (which?), then why the prophesies proclaiming that Truth will.....

I'm disgusted again.
Qu_innocence wrote:
But to any I say, "He's not heavy, he's my brother."
And you're my Brother. And if we disagree, with anything, we can discuss it via tMail. Then, we'll share our discussion here.

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#469722 Dec 7, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
I'm confused as to why some of you (and you know who you are) overlooked my contributions to this discussion, entirely? Is this the norm, here? Is it a requirement to become a legitimate "reg" before I'm recognized on the floor?
I'm just asking...
Shalowm.
Hello Lee,
You are quite the "Studious" one ...and there is nothing wrong with that. But sometimes going a little overboard can tend to dry out a conversation. Ya know Vern!

All I'm saying is; lighten up and live a little ...enjoy the people.

Enjoying each other is how this thread has survived several years and thousands of pages.

I hope this helps.

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#469723 Dec 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of respect for you and your opinions, I will henceforth consider him a harmless lunatic.
Lunatic ...the common denominator that makes us all human.

RIGHT ON CRAAAZZY!!!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#469724 Dec 7, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't address the scripture BLL but the above part of your post is what triggered my thoughts.
I think that when some "believers" are uncomfortable with the message they would rather think that it was intended for us little heathens.
Often some will use a scripture to condemn others when if they would just do a tiny bit of further reading they would see that it applies to those that say they are followers of Christ.
One of my pet peeves!
Now as to "OSAS" doctrine...
The following is only as it applies to me.
I disregard it. Why???
At one time in my life I was a "believer" just as much as many here...probably more than some. I tried to live my life according to those rules and conditions. One day I had to admit...I could not believe them all. So I packed my bags and moved on.
I left the church...I left Christianity...I took with me however what I could believe and my belief if God. I say this because it applies to my thoughts on "OSAS".
I could easily use the excuse..."once saved always saved" but I will not be a hypocrite when it comes to my faith. I won't do that...I won't use a part of scripture as a safeguard for my actions.
So whether is is "truth" or not simply doesn't enter in to my thinking. If by chance all of this "stuff" is true...I will accept my rewards or punishment that God feels I deserve.
If by some chance "OSAS" is true...I do not want rewarded because of some "loophole" but instead simply because of how I lived my life. If there is a judgment day then I want to be able to stand on the life that I have lead and what is in my heart.
I know this was not what you were looking for in your post...but...it is what I felt that I needed to share.
Hi Annie,
This is a really touching and well thought out post. If you will allow me to explain a little more on why I personally believe that once you become a child of God...You will always be HIS CHILD. OSAS..I am not a eloquent writer and most of the time, what I am trying to say seems to come out all wrong, However, You and I have had plenty of conversations and I have always respected and liked you and I always will. I will post a story (parable) that was told by Jesus Himself. I know you have heard this story a thousands times but please allow us to do this together just so you will get a better understanding of WHY I believe the way that I do..We will change the names only..ok? I will start with a new post however..Thanks

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#469725 Dec 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have, and Paul is a man.
You have what???
Paul was a man humm well could you have done that walk in Pauls shoes.I mean you do a good job of passing judgment on Paul but could you have walked in his shoes.Literally.

Location hidden

#469726 Dec 7, 2012
Luke 15:11-32
New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Lost DAUGHTER

11 Jesus continued:“There was a man (GOD the Father) who had two daughters. 12 The younger one ( ANNIE) said to her father,(God)‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.

Now, In Jewish customs..this was a real insult..Might as well said, Just die so I can have my inheritance now.

13 “Not long after that, ANNIE got together all she had, set off for a distant country and there squandered her wealth in wild living. 14 After she had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and she began to be in need. 15 So she went and hired herself out to a citizen of that country, who sent Annie to his fields to feed pigs.

Again..For a Jewish person..Feeding pigs was the PITS..This was considered the lowest of lows for a young jewish boy..back to the story..

16 Annie longed to fill her stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave her anything.

17 “When she came to her senses, she said,‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will set out and go back to my father (GOD)and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your Daughter; make me like one of your hired servants.’ 20 So she got up and went to her father.(GOD)

“But while she was still a long way off, her father saw her and was filled with compassion for her;

He RAN to his daughter, threw his arms around ANNIE and kissed her.

21 “Then ANNIE said to him,‘Father,(GOD) I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your DAUGHTER.’

22 “But the GOD said to his servants,‘Quick! Bring the BEST robe and put it on ANNIE. Put a ring on her finger and sandals on her feet.

23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate.

24 For this DAUGHTER of mine was dead and is alive again; she was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.

notice that the Father (God) didnt even question or rebuke his son?? He did not punish him for straying away from His house or from his presence????

25 “Meanwhile, the older daughter ( GRACE WALKER) was in the field. When she came near the house, she heard music and dancing. 26 So she called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27 ‘Your sister ANNIE has come home’ he replied,‘and your father has killed the fattened calf because He has ANNIE back safe and sound.’

(not that i would get angry but we have met a lot of Christians on here who fit this role perfectly.. I just dont want to offend anyone LOL)

28 “The older sister ( Grace Walker)

became angry and refused to go in. So her father went out and pleaded with her. 29 But she answered her father,

‘Look! All these years I’ve been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends.

30 But when this daughter of yours who has squandered your property comes home, you kill the fattened calf for HER????!’

(how many christians have you met that would fit this "jealous" role?? I.E...I am the ONLY TRUE CHRISTIAN)????

31 “‘My Dear Daughter,’ the father said,‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this sister of yours was dead and is alive again; she was lost and is found.’

HE WAITED FOR HER RETURN..He never condemned His son..The son may have not received ALL the blessings and had to face many trials but The Father RAN to meet him with hugs and kisses..Thats OUR GOD!! Thats How much HE LOVES US ANNIE..

PS..Not saying that you fit the Prodical Son image but since you and I are having this conversation, I wanted to make it personal for us.

I believe that God will lead His Children back to Him. He loves us because of Who we are..not for what we do or dont do..We DO special works BECAUSE (LOVE

“Love much, trust none”

There

#469727 Dec 7, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Lunatic ...the common denominator that makes us all human.
RIGHT ON CRAAAZZY!!!
I can't argue that. I confess. <smile>

Location hidden

#469728 Dec 7, 2012

The father is a picture of the Heavenly Father. God waits patiently, with loving compassion to restore us when we return to him with humble hearts. He offers us everything in his kingdom, restoring full relationship with joyful celebration. He doesn't even dwell on our past waywardness.

• Reading from the beginning of chapter 15, we see that the older son is clearly a picture of the pharisees. In their self-righteousness, they have forgotten to rejoice when a sinner returns to God. Bitterness and resentment keeps the older son from forgiving his younger brother. It blinds him to the treasure he freely enjoys through constant relationship with the father.

Philippians 1:6
New International Version (NIV)

6 being confident of this, that HE (GOD) who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Who are you in this story? Are you a prodigal, a pharisee or a servant? Are you the rebellious son, lost and far from God? Are you the self-righteous pharisee, no longer capable of rejoicing when a sinner returns to God? Maybe you've hit rock-bottom, come to your senses and decided to run to God's open arms of compassion and mercy? Or are you one of the servants in the household, rejoicing with the father when a lost son finds his way home?

God Bless

“Love much, trust none”

There

#469729 Dec 7, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
You have what???
Paul was a man humm well could you have done that walk in Pauls shoes.I mean you do a good job of passing judgment on Paul but could you have walked in his shoes.Literally.
Nope. I know too much about Jesus, Judaea and Judaism. I am also too honest to do what Paul did.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min JUDEletePete 118,020
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min MUQ1 258,091
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min It aint necessari... 733,285
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 26 min KiMare 226,399
Restaurants in Pune 30 min sahasunil 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min truth 539,248
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 41 min KiMare 94,694
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••