“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#469722 Dec 7, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
I'm confused as to why some of you (and you know who you are) overlooked my contributions to this discussion, entirely? Is this the norm, here? Is it a requirement to become a legitimate "reg" before I'm recognized on the floor?
I'm just asking...
Shalowm.
Hello Lee,
You are quite the "Studious" one ...and there is nothing wrong with that. But sometimes going a little overboard can tend to dry out a conversation. Ya know Vern!

All I'm saying is; lighten up and live a little ...enjoy the people.

Enjoying each other is how this thread has survived several years and thousands of pages.

I hope this helps.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#469723 Dec 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of respect for you and your opinions, I will henceforth consider him a harmless lunatic.
Lunatic ...the common denominator that makes us all human.

RIGHT ON CRAAAZZY!!!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#469724 Dec 7, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't address the scripture BLL but the above part of your post is what triggered my thoughts.
I think that when some "believers" are uncomfortable with the message they would rather think that it was intended for us little heathens.
Often some will use a scripture to condemn others when if they would just do a tiny bit of further reading they would see that it applies to those that say they are followers of Christ.
One of my pet peeves!
Now as to "OSAS" doctrine...
The following is only as it applies to me.
I disregard it. Why???
At one time in my life I was a "believer" just as much as many here...probably more than some. I tried to live my life according to those rules and conditions. One day I had to admit...I could not believe them all. So I packed my bags and moved on.
I left the church...I left Christianity...I took with me however what I could believe and my belief if God. I say this because it applies to my thoughts on "OSAS".
I could easily use the excuse..."once saved always saved" but I will not be a hypocrite when it comes to my faith. I won't do that...I won't use a part of scripture as a safeguard for my actions.
So whether is is "truth" or not simply doesn't enter in to my thinking. If by chance all of this "stuff" is true...I will accept my rewards or punishment that God feels I deserve.
If by some chance "OSAS" is true...I do not want rewarded because of some "loophole" but instead simply because of how I lived my life. If there is a judgment day then I want to be able to stand on the life that I have lead and what is in my heart.
I know this was not what you were looking for in your post...but...it is what I felt that I needed to share.
Hi Annie,
This is a really touching and well thought out post. If you will allow me to explain a little more on why I personally believe that once you become a child of God...You will always be HIS CHILD. OSAS..I am not a eloquent writer and most of the time, what I am trying to say seems to come out all wrong, However, You and I have had plenty of conversations and I have always respected and liked you and I always will. I will post a story (parable) that was told by Jesus Himself. I know you have heard this story a thousands times but please allow us to do this together just so you will get a better understanding of WHY I believe the way that I do..We will change the names only..ok? I will start with a new post however..Thanks

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#469725 Dec 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have, and Paul is a man.
You have what???
Paul was a man humm well could you have done that walk in Pauls shoes.I mean you do a good job of passing judgment on Paul but could you have walked in his shoes.Literally.

Location hidden

#469726 Dec 7, 2012
Luke 15:11-32
New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Lost DAUGHTER

11 Jesus continued:“There was a man (GOD the Father) who had two daughters. 12 The younger one ( ANNIE) said to her father,(God)‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.

Now, In Jewish customs..this was a real insult..Might as well said, Just die so I can have my inheritance now.

13 “Not long after that, ANNIE got together all she had, set off for a distant country and there squandered her wealth in wild living. 14 After she had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and she began to be in need. 15 So she went and hired herself out to a citizen of that country, who sent Annie to his fields to feed pigs.

Again..For a Jewish person..Feeding pigs was the PITS..This was considered the lowest of lows for a young jewish boy..back to the story..

16 Annie longed to fill her stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave her anything.

17 “When she came to her senses, she said,‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will set out and go back to my father (GOD)and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your Daughter; make me like one of your hired servants.’ 20 So she got up and went to her father.(GOD)

“But while she was still a long way off, her father saw her and was filled with compassion for her;

He RAN to his daughter, threw his arms around ANNIE and kissed her.

21 “Then ANNIE said to him,‘Father,(GOD) I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your DAUGHTER.’

22 “But the GOD said to his servants,‘Quick! Bring the BEST robe and put it on ANNIE. Put a ring on her finger and sandals on her feet.

23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate.

24 For this DAUGHTER of mine was dead and is alive again; she was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.

notice that the Father (God) didnt even question or rebuke his son?? He did not punish him for straying away from His house or from his presence????

25 “Meanwhile, the older daughter ( GRACE WALKER) was in the field. When she came near the house, she heard music and dancing. 26 So she called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27 ‘Your sister ANNIE has come home’ he replied,‘and your father has killed the fattened calf because He has ANNIE back safe and sound.’

(not that i would get angry but we have met a lot of Christians on here who fit this role perfectly.. I just dont want to offend anyone LOL)

28 “The older sister ( Grace Walker)

became angry and refused to go in. So her father went out and pleaded with her. 29 But she answered her father,

‘Look! All these years I’ve been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends.

30 But when this daughter of yours who has squandered your property comes home, you kill the fattened calf for HER????!’

(how many christians have you met that would fit this "jealous" role?? I.E...I am the ONLY TRUE CHRISTIAN)????

31 “‘My Dear Daughter,’ the father said,‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this sister of yours was dead and is alive again; she was lost and is found.’

HE WAITED FOR HER RETURN..He never condemned His son..The son may have not received ALL the blessings and had to face many trials but The Father RAN to meet him with hugs and kisses..Thats OUR GOD!! Thats How much HE LOVES US ANNIE..

PS..Not saying that you fit the Prodical Son image but since you and I are having this conversation, I wanted to make it personal for us.

I believe that God will lead His Children back to Him. He loves us because of Who we are..not for what we do or dont do..We DO special works BECAUSE (LOVE

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#469727 Dec 7, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Lunatic ...the common denominator that makes us all human.
RIGHT ON CRAAAZZY!!!
I can't argue that. I confess. <smile>

Location hidden

#469728 Dec 7, 2012

The father is a picture of the Heavenly Father. God waits patiently, with loving compassion to restore us when we return to him with humble hearts. He offers us everything in his kingdom, restoring full relationship with joyful celebration. He doesn't even dwell on our past waywardness.

• Reading from the beginning of chapter 15, we see that the older son is clearly a picture of the pharisees. In their self-righteousness, they have forgotten to rejoice when a sinner returns to God. Bitterness and resentment keeps the older son from forgiving his younger brother. It blinds him to the treasure he freely enjoys through constant relationship with the father.

Philippians 1:6
New International Version (NIV)

6 being confident of this, that HE (GOD) who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Who are you in this story? Are you a prodigal, a pharisee or a servant? Are you the rebellious son, lost and far from God? Are you the self-righteous pharisee, no longer capable of rejoicing when a sinner returns to God? Maybe you've hit rock-bottom, come to your senses and decided to run to God's open arms of compassion and mercy? Or are you one of the servants in the household, rejoicing with the father when a lost son finds his way home?

God Bless

“Love much, trust none”

There

#469729 Dec 7, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
You have what???
Paul was a man humm well could you have done that walk in Pauls shoes.I mean you do a good job of passing judgment on Paul but could you have walked in his shoes.Literally.
Nope. I know too much about Jesus, Judaea and Judaism. I am also too honest to do what Paul did.

Location hidden

#469730 Dec 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have, and Paul is a man.
So was Moses..:) But you quote Leviticus all the time..God Bless

Location hidden

#469731 Dec 7, 2012
Once a person is saved are they always saved? When people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their salvation as eternally secure. Numerous passages of Scripture declare this fact.

Romans 8:30 declares, "And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified." This verse tells us that from the moment God chooses us, it is as if we are glorified in His presence in heaven. There is nothing that can prevent a believer from one day being glorified because God has already purposed it in heaven. Once a person is justified, his salvation is guaranteed - he is as secure as if he is already glorified in heaven

Location hidden

#469732 Dec 7, 2012
Believers are born again (regenerated) when they believe (John 3:3; Titus 3:5). For a Christian to lose his salvation, he would have to be un-regenerated. The Bible gives no evidence that the new birth can be taken away.

The Holy Spirit indwells all believers (John 14:17; Romans 8:9) and baptizes all believers into the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13). For a believer to become unsaved, he would have to be "un-indwelt" and detached from the Body of Christ.

John 3:15 states that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will "have eternal life." If you believe in Christ today and have eternal life, but lose it tomorrow, then it was never "eternal" at all. Hence if you lose your salvation, the promises of eternal life in the Bible would be in error.

Location hidden

#469733 Dec 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I know too much about Jesus, Judaea and Judaism. I am also too honest to do what Paul did.
Since you see yourself as superior,Then why do you feel the need to judge another like Paul????Another words you admit you could not do the walk using the word honest as your excuse.

Location hidden

#469734 Dec 7, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you see yourself as superior,Then why do you feel the need to judge another like Paul????Another words you admit you could not do the walk using the word honest as your excuse.
Hello Lil Whispers..How are you doing tonight? Great question^^^^

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#469736 Dec 7, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
REVELATION
Rev 1:8 (Part 2)
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," SAYS THE LORD GOD, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
Allow me to say this, please and if you will.

"Alpha and Omega" means, as you know, "first and last."

There are two applications to this.

The first is in his own creation, whether we believe this or not. Revelation 3:14 declares, "And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God."

He's not only the beginner of creation, but the beginning of the creation of "God." Again, this doesn't say he's the "beginner" of the creation of "God," but "the beginning!" Which means what?

Father is always accredited with creating all things, even though we know that His Son created all things, actually. Which means, that our anointed Savior created all things, by the command of Father, after he was created! Our anointed Savior created all things, but he was the first created, by Father. Whether we wish to change this to fit our own perceptions, or past teachings and indoctrination, it'll mean nothing unless we can change what's written. Our anointed Savior is the "the beginning..of the creation ..of God." "God" created, and our anointed Savior was the beginning of it. Furthermore...

Colossians 1:15 calls him "the firstborn of every creature." The "firstborn!" Now, this is different from Colossians 1:18 that calls him "the firstborn from the dead." Verse 18 is about his being the first resurrected being. But, verse 15 is about his being the first created! Verse 18 assists in proving the other definition, but not the first. Unless we can change scripture, Revelation 3:14, we've got nothing in our arsenal. Now...

Our anointed Savior is the beginning of "God's" creation, as written. But, he's also the "Omega." He's the last of "God's" creation. After his, all else was created by him. Now, where's the second application?

He's also the FIRST to be risen to everlasting life! And the last, too!

Our anointed Savior was risen, by Father, to everlasting life. Our anointed Savior is the LAST to be risen by Father! All else will be risen to everlasting life by our anointed Savior.

I wanted to continue, but I've typed for long enough now. Should any doubt what I've said, here? Did I leave room for doubt?

New subject.

Fear is a terrible thing.

Paul wrote, "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father (Romans 8:15)."

Can you imagine being fearful of stepping away from what you've been taught? Can you imagine never questioning what you've been taught? Can you imagine only studying to reinforce what you've been taught?

After 2,000 years.....we still expect...

I can't even say it.

Shalowm, my Brother.

Location hidden

#469737 Dec 7, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Lil Whispers..How are you doing tonight? Great question^^^^
Hello Grace;
Good to see you here again.Always look forward to your opinions.
Doin good out here in the desert.(no moisture too dry).Have a good evening.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#469738 Dec 7, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
I won't address the scripture BLL but the above part of your post is what triggered my thoughts.
I think that when some "believers" are uncomfortable with the message they would rather think that it was intended for us little heathens.
As a believer, I agree.
AnnieJ wrote:
Often some will use a scripture to condemn others when if they would just do a tiny bit of further reading they would see that it applies to those that say they are followers of Christ.
One of my pet peeves!
One of my biggest "pet-peeves" is when no so-called "believer" ever tries to apply the negative aspects of the bible to themselves. It's always the next philosophy, the next religion, the next denomination, the next so-called "believer." It's almost never "Me."
AnnieJ wrote:
Now as to "OSAS" doctrine...
The following is only as it applies to me.
I disregard it. Why???
At one time in my life I was a "believer" just as much as many here...probably more than some. I tried to live my life according to those rules and conditions. One day I had to admit...I could not believe them all. So I packed my bags and moved on.
I left the church...I left Christianity...I took with me however what I could believe and my belief if God. I say this because it applies to my thoughts on "OSAS".
I could easily use the excuse..."once saved always saved" but I will not be a hypocrite when it comes to my faith. I won't do that...I won't use a part of scripture as a safeguard for my actions.
So whether is is "truth" or not simply doesn't enter in to my thinking. If by chance all of this "stuff" is true...I will accept my rewards or punishment that God feels I deserve.
If by some chance "OSAS" is true...I do not want rewarded because of some "loophole" but instead simply because of how I lived my life. If there is a judgment day then I want to be able to stand on the life that I have lead and what is in my heart.
I know this was not what you were looking for in your post...but...it is what I felt that I needed to share.
I truly understand you, and I don't blame you. Not with what's been going on for so long now. "Christianity," as we know it, SUCKS!

My religion is "Mashiyachiym," and there's justifiable reason for it.

"Mashiyachiym" is derived from "Mashiyach." "Mashiyach" means "Anointed," as does "Christos." Both, in the end, means "Anointed." BUT...I wished, long ago, to separate myself from the common perception of Christendom. I know that many are aware of the apostate "church." Many in Protestantism are in league and aren't even aware of it. But, I continue to study.

Until next time...

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#469739 Dec 7, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> And how many homeless people have YOU saved tonight while criticizing others on topix?
Your desperate attempt to hide the fact that >>>YOU<<< do not DO good works has nothing to do with my post. So here, try again:

"You can pray to an old sock and get the same luck of the draw results.

A homeless person will die tonight because a Christian would rather pray for homless people, rather than getting off their lazy fat butt and GIVING him/her some food."

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#469740 Dec 7, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Allow me to say this, please and if you will.
"Alpha and Omega" means, as you know, "first and last."
There are two applications to this.
The first is in his own creation, whether we believe this or not. Revelation 3:14 declares, "And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God."
He's not only the beginner of creation, but the beginning of the creation of "God." Again, this doesn't say he's the "beginner" of the creation of "God," but "the beginning!" Which means what?
Father is always accredited with creating all things, even though we know that His Son created all things, actually. Which means, that our anointed Savior created all things, by the command of Father, after he was created! Our anointed Savior created all things, but he was the first created, by Father. Whether we wish to change this to fit our own perceptions, or past teachings and indoctrination, it'll mean nothing unless we can change what's written. Our anointed Savior is the "the beginning..of the creation ..of God." "God" created, and our anointed Savior was the beginning of it. Furthermore...
Colossians 1:15 calls him "the firstborn of every creature." The "firstborn!" Now, this is different from Colossians 1:18 that calls him "the firstborn from the dead." Verse 18 is about his being the first resurrected being. But, verse 15 is about his being the first created! Verse 18 assists in proving the other definition, but not the first. Unless we can change scripture, Revelation 3:14, we've got nothing in our arsenal. Now...
Our anointed Savior is the beginning of "God's" creation, as written. But, he's also the "Omega." He's the last of "God's" creation. After his, all else was created by him. Now, where's the second application?
He's also the FIRST to be risen to everlasting life! And the last, too!
Our anointed Savior was risen, by Father, to everlasting life. Our anointed Savior is the LAST to be risen by Father! All else will be risen to everlasting life by our anointed Savior.
I wanted to continue, but I've typed for long enough now. Should any doubt what I've said, here? Did I leave room for doubt?
New subject.
Fear is a terrible thing.
Paul wrote, "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father (Romans 8:15)."
Can you imagine being fearful of stepping away from what you've been taught? Can you imagine never questioning what you've been taught? Can you imagine only studying to reinforce what you've been taught?
After 2,000 years.....we still expect...
I can't even say it.
Shalowm, my Brother.
I see you're still spiritually clueless and just can never get it together, spouting out such gibberish hoping to attract a cult following.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#469741 Dec 7, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
So was Moses..:) But you quote Leviticus all the time..God Bless
Moses and not God wrote Leviticus ? You aren't being very Christian. <smile>

Anyway, are you saying Jesus didn't believe in the Torah ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#469742 Dec 7, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
...When people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their salvation as eternally secure. Numerous passages of Scripture declare this fact...
Sounds great!

I already accepted Jesus as the atonement for my transgressions.

So I can commit every sin there is and still go to heaven ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Stilgar Fifrawi 774,112
EMIRGAN indesit Beyaz Esya 299 I5 34 Servisi is... 13 min hizmetlerimizservis 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Lyndi 175,559
istinye indesit SERVISI TELEFON 299 I5 34 Yenik... 20 min hizmetlerimizservis 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min USA Born 559,062
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 24 min BhuvanS 1,251
YENIKÖY – INDESIT Servis 299 I5 34 Servisi Yeni... 33 min hizmetlerimizservis 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Barnsweb 441,758
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr onemale 265,020
More from around the web