“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#469596 Dec 6, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HFN, I'm doing fine, hope you are as well.
I'm doing cardiac rehab at the local Hospital and it's going well. I go 3 days a week for about an hour each day. The girl that's in charge is really good at pushing me to the level she wants me at. She's also very good at answering any questions or concerns I might have.
As I mentioned earlier I'm having an ICD (Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator) surgically put in my chest (under the skin just below my left collarbone) on January the 7th. It's something the Doctors say I need to have because of the danger of my heart going into arrhythmia's. If that happens the ICD would shock my heart back into rhythm and keep my heart from going into cardiac arrest. It's a very easy and safe surgery that would only keep me in the Hospital overnight as long as all goes well. It won't make my heart any stronger but it could definitely be a life saver if needed.
I thank you and everyone else for all of your prayers and well wishes. I am truly grateful to all of you.
I hope you have a great night. God bless you.
Hey RA.....Will keep you in prayer....That isn't a bad operation

God Bless and stay healthy

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#469597 Dec 6, 2012
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Ephipany, I am honored to meet you. I agree with this completely God blesses us with different gifts, we as His childen must use these gifts we were given to better the world around us. What are your gifts mon ami/amie?
Nice to meet you....You should register....Grey boxers have in the past turned out to be hiding something....

Just my opinion....Have a great day Sora.....

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#469598 Dec 6, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Your love is everlasting and far reaching. It touches my soul and lifts my spirit. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. No matter what gift I have, perhaps if the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and thought I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth, bears all things believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. Thank you, Father, that your love never fails. May I be more like Jesus, with love pure and true, and share your love with others always. In Jesus' name, amen.(in part from 1 Corinthians 13)
Prime Time with God
Amen.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#469599 Dec 6, 2012
*~*~*~*~*

Oh Holy Night....With Josh Groban

http://youtu.be/4Zh-yR0pbmU

*~*~*~*~*~

Have a great day everyone!!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469600 Dec 6, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Oops! Sorry. Thought I was talking to Lawest the unbeliever.
Oops! Wipe your feet DR...you just stepped in your own pile of doodoo.

If you believe "once saved always saved" then no matter if Lawest and others believe that you can fall from grace...they is still saved.

Unless you are saying that Lawest was never saved to begin with. If you are then you have just stepped on God's toes...I thought he was the one that made that decision.

Are you saying that you believe Lawest and others were never saved? Obviously you are or you would not have called him an unbeliever.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#469601 Dec 6, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops! Wipe your feet DR...you just stepped in your own pile of doodoo.
If you believe "once saved always saved" then no matter if Lawest and others believe that you can fall from grace...they is still saved.
Unless you are saying that Lawest was never saved to begin with. If you are then you have just stepped on God's toes...I thought he was the one that made that decision.
Are you saying that you believe Lawest and others were never saved? Obviously you are or you would not have called him an unbeliever.
Well said Annie, you exposed that hypocrite's fallacy just for what it is.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#469602 Dec 6, 2012
Good Morning folks, I went ahead and passed on the once saved always saved doctrine that some espouse on here to the folks on the Why I'm No Longer a Christian Thread. That those on there who had truly accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, and got saved, and now blaspheme Him and Christians could and now live it up to their heart's desire. There is nothing that they could do about their Salvation... might as well do their worst...it's a done deal... hey, they are saved anyways.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469603 Dec 6, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Well said Annie, you exposed that hypocrite's fallacy just for what it is.
Well Lawest...I wasn't trying to expose anyone. Usually people do that all on their own.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say "once saved always saved" and then turn around and tell someone that they are an unbeliever simply because they believe differently.

Unless one is playing at being God you also can not go around telling someone that they are not saved or never have been. Last time I checked it does not say that on Judgment Day that God will judge based on the recommendations of mortals.

This argument has been around at least since my childhood. It was just as divisive then as it is now. It turned brother against brother...just as it continues to do so. I find that sad...

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#469604 Dec 6, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Lawest...I wasn't trying to expose anyone. Usually people do that all on their own.
You can't have it both ways. You can't say "once saved always saved" and then turn around and tell someone that they are an unbeliever simply because they believe differently.
Unless one is playing at being God you also can not go around telling someone that they are not saved or never have been. Last time I checked it does not say that on Judgment Day that God will judge based on the recommendations of mortals.
This argument has been around at least since my childhood. It was just as divisive then as it is now. It turned brother against brother...just as it continues to do so. I find that sad...
Hi AnnieJ!

Hope you are well, you must come by my thread more often!

I would let you expose me anytime...

;)

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#469605 Dec 6, 2012
For those that are saying Jesus never taught "salvation by grace" it's time to put that lie to rest. Jesus not only taught it but he showed by example "salvation by grace".
_______

Luke 23: 39-43.

39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.
_______

End of discussion.

That clearly shows that Jesus not only taught "salvation by grace" but left the world the perfect example of it.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#469606 Dec 6, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Morning folks, I went ahead and passed on the once saved always saved doctrine that some espouse on here to the folks on the Why I'm No Longer a Christian Thread. That those on there who had truly accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, and got saved, and now blaspheme Him and Christians could and now live it up to their heart's desire. There is nothing that they could do about their Salvation... might as well do their worst...it's a done deal... hey, they are saved anyways.
You're being very deceitful and dishonest with what you said in your post Q.

You said quote: "I went ahead and passed on the once saved always saved doctrine that some espouse on here to the folks on the Why I'm No Longer a Christian Thread."

Than you went on to say quote: "That those on there who had truly accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, and got saved, and now blaspheme Him and Christians could and now live it up to their heart's desire."

Nobody (and I mean nobody) that has said they believe that God's Holy Word teaches that "once a person is saved they can't lose their salvation" has ever "espoused" that once someone is saved that "they should go out and just live it up to their heart's desire".

In fact they've been saying just the opposite of that.

What you said in your post is very deceitful and dishonest.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469607 Dec 6, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
The relationship between faith and works is that works are the result of faith. In the Bible, faith and works are very often contrasted. They are not the same thing, and the combination of faith and works does not bring salvation. Salvation is by faith alone.

Grace...faith and works might not be the same...but they are dependent upon each other in order to survive.

Faith Without Works Is Dead

James 2:14-26

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them,“Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say,“You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my[b] works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[c] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says,“Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[d] And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Without work...faith is dead. Dead...no longer exists...if faith no longer exists...can you still have salvation?

You might say that faith inspires the work...I can agree with that. The question is...if the works don't follow...did one truly have faith. The above verses indicated that they are dependent upon each other. Faith can not survive without works...remember it tells us faith is dead.

Grace...before something can die...it has to have existed. If ones faith dies...are they still covered under "once saved always saved"?

You say that salvation is a gift given through the grace of God. You have given examples of how there are no conditions on a gift...it is free. Yet in these verses it tells us that your faith (salvation) will die unless you do the "work" to maintain that faith. That IMO...is a condition...as if we are being told...I will give you this free gift of salvation but it is up to you to take care of it...if you don't...then that gift will no longer exist.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469608 Dec 6, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi AnnieJ!
Hope you are well, you must come by my thread more often!
I would let you expose me anytime...
;)
LOL

Do you have your own thread?

Rumor has it that you live in a constant state of exposure!

I am good...just trying to ward of seasonal allergies...and the cold!

“Saved. ”

#469609 Dec 6, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
You're being very deceitful and dishonest with what you said in your post Q.
You said quote: "I went ahead and passed on the once saved always saved doctrine that some espouse on here to the folks on the Why I'm No Longer a Christian Thread."
Than you went on to say quote: "That those on there who had truly accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, and got saved, and now blaspheme Him and Christians could and now live it up to their heart's desire."
Nobody (and I mean nobody) that has said they believe that God's Holy Word teaches that "once a person is saved they can't lose their salvation" has ever "espoused" that once someone is saved that "they should go out and just live it up to their heart's desire".
In fact they've been saying just the opposite of that.
What you said in your post is very deceitful and dishonest.
Red, I truly don't want to make you upset. I'm sure there are people on the WINLAC who truly believed and trusted Jesus at one time and now they don't for a myriad of reasons. Now, if they were saved to begin with and now curse God and the holy things in heaven... or maybe some of them don't even go that far but simply became an atheist but are respectful towards Christians... then it doesn't matter what they do or don't believe. Who are you or anyone to tell them that they were never saved to begin with? Once saved, always saved.

“Saved. ”

#469610 Dec 6, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Grace...faith and works might not be the same...but they are dependent upon each other in order to survive.
Faith Without Works Is Dead
James 2:14-26
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them,“Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say,“You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my[b] works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[c] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says,“Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[d] And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Without work...faith is dead. Dead...no longer exists...if faith no longer exists...can you still have salvation?
You might say that faith inspires the work...I can agree with that. The question is...if the works don't follow...did one truly have faith. The above verses indicated that they are dependent upon each other. Faith can not survive without works...remember it tells us faith is dead.
Grace...before something can die...it has to have existed. If ones faith dies...are they still covered under "once saved always saved"?
You say that salvation is a gift given through the grace of God. You have given examples of how there are no conditions on a gift...it is free. Yet in these verses it tells us that your faith (salvation) will die unless you do the "work" to maintain that faith. That IMO...is a condition...as if we are being told...I will give you this free gift of salvation but it is up to you to take care of it...if you don't...then that gift will no longer exist.
Good, honest questions... and what you say here makes perfect sense. I would say that I used to believe in the once saved, always saved gospel also because I was taught that way and it was taught to the person who passed it on to me... so forth and so on. There were no inciteful questions asked, if one asked or stepped out of line then others would say that it is of satan. History merely repeats itself. But when one steadily looks into the scripture and inquire into those things then they will find out that there is a conflict between some denominationalism and the scriptures. Just my take on it.

Since: Dec 12

Georgetown, KY

#469611 Dec 6, 2012
i know jesus loves me....
Brother Lee Love

United States

#469613 Dec 6, 2012
I'm confused as to why some of you (and you know who you are) overlooked my contributions to this discussion, entirely? Is this the norm, here? Is it a requirement to become a legitimate "reg" before I'm recognized on the floor?

I'm just asking...

Shalowm.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#469615 Dec 6, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Red, I truly don't want to make you upset.
Its to bad that you have to qualify your statement with this, but I guess we all know how childish and insecure RA is..........

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#469617 Dec 6, 2012
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Drew, God loves us as we are, yet He perfects us and works in us on a daily basis even if we do not see it. He provides for our every need, in His own time and in his own Way. What do you think of this observation?
Hello, Sora. God is the one who perfects. We need to be willing vessels who are the clay in His hands. I can certainly see what He has accomplished in my life, and these are things I am sure that I would not have done on my own. His grace, in this age, is sufficient.

And you does provide for our needs, and He's always on time.

Have a great afternoon.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#469618 Dec 6, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess, you are one of the "genuine believers".
That is correct. We know who we are. Romans 8:16, "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirits that we are children of God."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min MakeWOrldPEaceUID... 175,502
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Liam 558,749
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min mr-rayan 264,957
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 773,272
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 10 min MUQ2 37,788
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 33 min MakeWOrldPEaceUID... 4,665
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 36 min RiccardoFire 96,707
More from around the web