Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#469657 Dec 6, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand by what I said. And when the premise is flawed, all ensuing ideas, arguments and conclusions are baseless and grossly incorrect.
As usual you can't back up a single one of your attacks on me.

You are the same egotistical fraud you have always been.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#469658 Dec 6, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello G
You are close!! Here is where Jesus said that.
John 6:28-29
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.(KJV)
In v27 Jesus told them to work for the meat that endures unto everlasting life that the Son of man shall give unto you. The people ask Jesus what work is it they are to do. Jesus answers by telling them to believe "ye believe", that is, you do the work of believing. So belief is the work that endures to everlasting life. Belief is not a work God does for you, it is a work that you must do.
Jn 3:36 ASV "He that believeth on the Son hath eternal life; but he that obeyeth not the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on him."
Works and obediance is NOT the root of Christianity..Its the FRUIT..
Thank you. Very good, an actual alleged quote of Jesus.

Now, two questions:

1. What does "believe on(in)" mean ?
2. In what other Gospels does Jesus say this ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#469659 Dec 6, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
....Works and obediance is NOT the root of Christianity..Its the FRUIT..
What good is a fig tree with no fruit ?

The fruit tells you the quality of the root. Rotted roots yield rotted fruit or no fruit at all.

A common thread in many of Jesus' parables.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#469660 Dec 7, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Do you have your own thread?
Rumor has it that you live in a constant state of exposure!
I am good...just trying to ward of seasonal allergies...and the cold!
Yes, Double Fine has a few threads dedicated to himself.

One thread cannot possibly contain a being so incredible, so brilliant, yet so humble

:)

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#469661 Dec 7, 2012
How do the scriptures I quote harmonize with this "once saved, always saved" doctrine?

And remember. All these verses are directed at believers. These letters, so forth and so on, were not hung in the town center for all to read. They were written, delivered, copied, and distributed, to the congregations of our 'Elohiym.

Hebrews 6:4-8
For IT IS IMPOSSIBLE for those who were

1) once enlightened,
2) and have tasted of the heavenly gift,
3) and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
4a) And have tasted the good word of God,
4b) and the powers of the world to come,

IF THEY SHALL FALL AWAY, TO RENEW THEM AGAIN UNTO REPENTANCE; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Hebrews 10:26-31
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

1Corinthians 15:2
By which also YE ARE SAVED, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Romans 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: OTHERWISE THOU ALSO shalt be cut off.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: BUT he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 24:13
BUT he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Colossians 1:22-23 ...IF ye continue in the faith.

1John 2:24 ..IF that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

Galatians 6:9 ...we shall reap, IF we faint not.

Hebrews 3:6, 14 ... IF we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end...IF we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.

2Peter 1:10
Wherefore the rather, brethren, GIVE DILIGENCE TO MAKE YOUR CALLING AND ELECTION SURE: for IF ye do these things, YE SHALL NEVER FALL.

2Peter 2:20-22
For if after THEY HAVE ESCAPED THE POLLUTIONS OF THE WORLD through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Hebrews 12:5
Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God.

Romans 11:20
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, BUT FEAR.

Fear what?

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#469662 Dec 7, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
How do the scriptures I quote harmonize with this "once saved, always saved" doctrine?
And remember. All these verses are directed at believers. These letters, so forth and so on, were not hung in the town center for all to read. They were written, delivered, copied, and distributed, to the congregations of our 'Elohiym.
Hebrews 6:4-8
For IT IS IMPOSSIBLE for those who were
1) once enlightened,
2) and have tasted of the heavenly gift,
3) and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
4a) And have tasted the good word of God,
4b) and the powers of the world to come,
IF THEY SHALL FALL AWAY, TO RENEW THEM AGAIN UNTO REPENTANCE; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
Hebrews 10:26-31
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
1Corinthians 15:2
By which also YE ARE SAVED, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
Romans 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: OTHERWISE THOU ALSO shalt be cut off.
Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: BUT he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Matthew 24:13
BUT he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Colossians 1:22-23 ...IF ye continue in the faith.
1John 2:24 ..IF that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
Galatians 6:9 ...we shall reap, IF we faint not.
Hebrews 3:6, 14 ... IF we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end...IF we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.
2Peter 1:10
Wherefore the rather, brethren, GIVE DILIGENCE TO MAKE YOUR CALLING AND ELECTION SURE: for IF ye do these things, YE SHALL NEVER FALL.
2Peter 2:20-22
For if after THEY HAVE ESCAPED THE POLLUTIONS OF THE WORLD through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
Hebrews 12:5
Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God.
Romans 11:20
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, BUT FEAR.
Fear what?
tl;dr

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#469663 Dec 7, 2012
*~*~*~*~*~

M*O*R*N*I*N*G

“The old believe everything;
the middle aged suspect everything:
the young know everything.”

~ Oscar Wilde

Thought For The Day

*~*~*~*~*~

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#469664 Dec 7, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello G
You are close!! Here is where Jesus said that.
John 6:28-29
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.(KJV)
In v27 Jesus told them to work for the meat that endures unto everlasting life that the Son of man shall give unto you. The people ask Jesus what work is it they are to do. Jesus answers by telling them to believe "ye believe", that is, you do the work of believing. So belief is the work that endures to everlasting life. Belief is not a work God does for you, it is a work that you must do.
Jn 3:36 ASV "He that believeth on the Son hath eternal life; but he that obeyeth not the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on him."
Works and obediance is NOT the root of Christianity..Its the FRUIT..
Good Morning G..

You did not reply on the correct reply..I answered your question but you replied to a different post.

In John ..John 6:28-29

The rest is in above post..We dont think Paul is God. We believe in what he wrote just like you follow Leviticus..(Moses) Do you think that Moses is God?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#469665 Dec 7, 2012
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Your love is everlasting and far reaching. It touches my soul and lifts my spirit. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. No matter what gift I have, perhaps if the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and thought I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth, bears all things believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. Thank you, Father, that your love never fails. May I be more like Jesus, with love pure and true, and share your love with others always. In Jesus' name, amen.(in part from 1 Corinthians 13)

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#469666 Dec 7, 2012
Encouraging Words....

“The Lord is my light and my salvation so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?”

Psalm 27:1

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#469667 Dec 7, 2012
Annie J....

I have a friend who lives in the suburbs of the city you are in...and she went into it the other day and said she thought she was in a "Bob Marley" concert....LOL

I thought that was funny

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#469668 Dec 7, 2012
*~*~*~*~*~

If I may...I'd like to state an opinion....

If a person "truly repents" of their past sins and accepts Jesus' sacrifice on the Cross,they will have a repentant heart and will WANT to follow Gods Word and show God Love to others. It is a healing of the Heart. It is between that person and ONLY GOD. No one else should judge (but the inner man in people will) You will NOT want to go out and live your OLD sin filled Life. So it comes down to a HEALING in side. It is a PROCESS (although some people have been healed completly right away)The sinful life seems MORE FUN...also at first you fight against the "Goads of God" to turn your Life over to him....He lets you do that until you are tired of getting BEAT up and say "OK Lord...I've never truly been Happy...I've always tried to FIND MYSELF and I can't....Now I am READY to do it Your Way!"
Anyway...that is how I feel....Have a great day Everyone!!

*~*~*~*~*~

“"None shall pass"”

There

#469669 Dec 7, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning G..
You did not reply on the correct reply..I answered your question but you replied to a different post.
In John ..John 6:28-29
The rest is in above post..We dont think Paul is God. We believe in what he wrote just like you follow Leviticus..(Moses) Do you think that Moses is God?
No man is God although all men are gods.
That is from your Bible, too.

What makes Paul better than Moses and the Torah ?

According to your religionm the OT was in effect until Jesus died, so Leviticus was in effect and Jesus had to be a legitimate sacrifce.

These are your religion's rules, not mine. I find no problem understanding Jesus as fulfilling Leviticus with the Gospel accounts without having to invent or assume a single thing. IMHO that makes my own interpretation more plausible than Christianity.

Som explain to me where God:

1. requires a human sacrifice
2. requires a perfect or sinless offering
3. says a sacrifice can take place outside of the Temple Mount (where Abram started the practice)
4. says anything can be a sacrifce at anytime

Upon what Scriptures is this alleged sacrifice based ?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#469670 Dec 7, 2012
*~*~*~*~*

Let it snow....Dean Martin

http://youtu.be/kAOuRqzgY5Y

*~*~*~*~*~

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#469671 Dec 7, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
This is good... I've come to believe that the ceremonial and civil portions of the Law were fulfilled... but not the moral portion of the law (ten commandments, love as you just stated and such)... good analogy on your part.
Correctomundo, my Brother! And thank you.

When this was revealed to me, I took the liberty of going through the law and highlighting all the laws that pertain, directly and/or indirectly to love toward one another. Then, I found at least one coinciding scripture in our "New Testament" texts. For instance...

Leviticus 19:17
Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

Galatians 6:1
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

It troubles me when so many so-called "believers" insist that the whole law is nailed to the cross and done away with, but resort to quoting such verses as Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 to denounce homosexuality! I call these types "Special-Opts Christians." But, when we begin to understand that our anointed Savior is found in the law, prophecies, and psalms, we begin to realize exactly which laws were fulfilled on the cross and which weren't. It should be obvious to all of us that such laws that prohibit murder, adultery, stealing, lying, and covetousness, were not done away with, nor nailed to any cross. But, neither was Leviticus 19:17, so it's a must we search outside the decalogue in order to learn of all the laws pertaining to love. What's also a must that we understand is that the prophets revealed, specifically, which laws were going to be fulfilled on the cross.
Qu_innocence wrote:
I can't tell you how often I glanced over this scripture but it really hits home for me now. I've never before thought as belief or "trust" in God as a work. Now I do.

I'm still looking into it but what do you think the difference between "believed" and "faith" here is? Thanks in advance.
Not much, that's for sure!

To "believe" is to "have faith." What many don't realize, though, is that many times throughout our "New Testament" texts, the term "believe" is used synonymously with "obey." I pointed this out in a previous post, but it went unnoticed. But, that's why I always follow James 2:19 with the question, "What differentiates us from devils?"

James 2:19
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, AND TREMBLE.
Qu_innocence wrote:
Okay... I had to read it in context... Abraham basically "believed and obeyed" God.(Offering up his Son.) Abraham didn't just say he had faith, he put it into action.

And God said, "Do not lay a hand on the boy, "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."

So God basically saw that Abraham wasn't all talk, when put the test he walked the walk. Very interesting.

Self-correction on my part... not just trust and belief laying in dormancy... but belief put into action. Belief without action (good works) is useless.

I put "good works" (works of love) to distinguish from "works of the law" (circumcision... that is put out in Ephesians 2)
Correctomundo, again!

We can't have one without the other. Faith produces love. And love not only provides evidence of faith, but produces faith, too, as we begin to witness the reality of "God's" promised kingdom in us!

2Peter 1:5-8
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#469673 Dec 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul isn't Jesus or God. His words are worthless.... just like yours.
Why don't you tell all these "Fake Christians" how they are all wrong and if they don't believe exactly what you claim God has directly revealed to you then they are unsaved and tools of Satan ?
You are not only a fraud but a coward as well.
No, Drew is neither a fraud and/or a coward.
He is but one of millions, perhaps billions, from around the globe that believe the New Testament to be the inspired Word of God ...the same God that inspired the Word of the Old Testament.

A belief in the Gospels and the other books of the New Testament, as well as his personal interpretation of the words contained therein make him unique ...but these personal beliefs and interpretations do not define him as a fraud and/or a coward.

I don't agree with everything Drew believes, no more than I agree entirely with any other and their respective beliefs. Again, this does not make any of us frauds and cowards.

IMO Drew can at times be a little headstrong, as can I, and Red, and QU, and Lawest and you (especially you) etc, etc. Again this only serves to define us as unique ...but in no way does this define any of us as frauds and/or cowards ...or it defines us all as frauds and/or cowards.

hu

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469674 Dec 7, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
If this "Doctor REALITY" is truly a believer, I pray that you just merely misunderstood his comments! No (and I repeat, NO) saved believer would ever wish such atrocities on any person! Not after we've been commanded to be at peace with all people!
What was it that our anointed Savior requested while he hung on the cross, feeling his life seep from his very being? Oh, yeah...
"Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do (Luke 23:43)."
Don't you find it disturbingly odd when the so-called "moral" and "religious" complain about the conditions of our world, but seem to have no reserves with contributing to them?
Most "believers" can justify their actions/words/thoughts by finding a verse within the Bible. Is it in context...probably not but regardless they have found "something" that allows them to behave as they do and still feel justified.

I am sure that DR could find a verse that justifies his words to others.

When I first came to Topix...and for a long time...the words of others hurt. They no longer do. I don't know if that bothers me or not...in a way I had to change in order for it not to hurt...harden my own heart so that the hardness of others did not affect me. Kind of saddens me in a way but so did those words that were meant to hurt me.

Recently I have been intrigued by how the Bible was divided into chapters and verses...sometimes right in the middle of a thought or an accounting of a story. How much does that influence the message...how much does a break in the thought change it. Even a comma or a period can change the intent of what one is trying to say.

Anyway...back to the subject...

One will find a way to justify their actions. I have seen it done all my life...whether it is through "I BELIEVE"..."I AM FORGIVEN" or the "ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED" doctrine.

I do not believe that this is what God meant. I do not believe that if it is true...this inspired word of God...that he ever meant it to be a justification to treat others less than one's self. I believe...if it is true...that it was meant as a guide of living our own lives...not as a book of rules to judge how others are living theirs.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#469675 Dec 7, 2012
earthangel29 wrote:
i know jesus loves me....
Good Morning EA, Amen.

#469676 Dec 7, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
I'm confused as to why some of you (and you know who you are) overlooked my contributions to this discussion, entirely? Is this the norm, here? Is it a requirement to become a legitimate "reg" before I'm recognized on the floor?
I'm just asking...
Shalowm.
Good morning my brother... some people may or may not agree with others on here.. but they're listening for sure. Also, you're bringing some heavy stuff so to some you might as well be speaking spanish... smile. But to any I say, "He's not heavy, he's my brother."

#469677 Dec 7, 2012
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Its to bad that you have to qualify your statement with this,
Good Morning Rider, it's okay. I pretty much summarized my own position on the once saved always saved doctrine that it is pretty much another gospel.. I was examining and taking the position of those who believe in that particular teaching and took it to it's final conclusion ----> "a free for all", so to speak. If the doctrine is true, then one has the option of continuing in faith, obedience, love, suffering to the Lord... etc. or they can just wing it and do their own thang. I mean, who can beat that deal? Once saved always saved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 41 min Bongo 110,956
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr Retribution 303
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,234
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr PadMark 675,944
Apr 30 President Trump: "News Media Twists Fac... 6 hr Wtf 1
News Trump invites Philippines Duterteto Washington,... 8 hr discocrisco 1
News AP Explains: Can chronic meth use lead to psych... 8 hr discocrisco 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 hr AussieBobby 286,315
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 hr Devil number 666 982,120
More from around the web