Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#469578 Dec 5, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Q.
It went about as expected at my Doctor's appointment yesterday. I kind of knew what he was going to say so it came as no surprise. I'm having the minor surgery to implant the defibrillator in my chest on January the 7th.
From all I've read and from all they've told me it's a very minor surgery that takes about 2-3 hours. I'll go in to the Hospital very early on the 7th, have the surgery, spend the night in the Hospital, and if all goes according to plan I'll be released the next day. The recovery time is only a couple of weeks.
It's the best thing I can do to make sure that I'm safeguarding myself to against some of the problems a person can have with a heart that's in the condition mine is.
Brother, I will be praying for you and that all will go well.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#469579 Dec 5, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
To some the truth has been revealed, and many have been inspired, but only genuine believers have been forever illuminated.
Let me guess, you are one of the "genuine believers".

ROFLMAO

The "Only Real Christian" fallacy.

#469580 Dec 5, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Q
Thank You. We should all wake up with thoughts and gratitude for what Jesus accomplished for us on our behalf..BTW..I am your "Sister"..:)
Amen Sis!

Jesus: "Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother." ----> ...AKA "Family"

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#469581 Dec 5, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Please try and understand what a FREE gift is.....
Where does Jesus say "Do nothing, just believe what the Roman Church says and I will let you into heaven."

In fact, where does Jesus (not Paul) say anything about forgiveness being by grace ?

WHy love anyone like He taught if it means nothing. And even why does one have to "believe" if it is "free" by grace ? That isn't free nor grace. It is a condition just like works.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#469582 Dec 5, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 13:1&2
Revelation 13:4
Jeremiah 10:6
See Psalms 7:19 86:8 89:6&8
2 Thessalonians 2:3&4
Revelation 14:8 &10
Beast power
Revelation 13:15-17
Enforced false worship
Revelation 13:2
Revelation 12:9
Luke 4:5-8
Revelation 13:8
Revelation 14:7
Revelation 15:2-4
Satan or God
Revelation 12:1
See Jeremiah 6:2
See 2 Corinthians 11:2
See 1 John 2:8
Revelation 12:2
See Romans 8:19-22
See 1 John 3:1&2
See 2 Timothy 3:12
Revelation 12:5
See Psalms 2:7-9
See Revelation 2:26&27
See 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
Woman clothed sun
Revelation 12:3&4
Revelation 12:9
See Matthew 2:16
See Daniel 7
Revelation 12:7-9
See Luke 10:18
See John 12:31
See Job 7:1&2
Revelation 12:10-12
Red Dragon

Revelation 12:12&13
See Matthew 24:21&22
Revelation 12:14
See Daniel 7:25
See Revelation 13:5
See Revelation 12:6
Revelation 12:15&16
Matthew 24:22
Revelation 12:17
See Revelation 19:10
Earthly presecution

Revelation 13:1&2
Persecuting power

Revelation 13:2-7
Dragon&Beast give place

Revelation 13:3
See Isaiah 47:7-15
See Revelation 17:18
Revelation 13:10
Revelation 13:8
Beast is wounded

Revelation 19:20
See Isaiah 47:7-15
See 2 Thessalonians 2:3-8
See Revelation 18:4-8
Daniel 7:11
Beast Destroyed

#469583 Dec 5, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Qu...I believe that it is just as important for me to understand what I don't believe as it is for those to understand what they believe. It is also a guidance into my own beliefs...some that I carried over from Christianity
Hey Annie, I hear you... it can also go a variety of ways like we see manifested by the thousands of denominations within Christianity. For my own part, I summarized by agreeing with Apostle Paul on the matter versus the Old Calvinist denominational once saved, always saved doctrine which hurdled it's way throughout the centuries into peoples' psyche.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the article. I have done very little research in Gnosticism and even less into Calvinism. What little that I have read on both it was enough for me to see the mixture of beliefs and the separation of beliefs between the two.
Yes... trying to understand gnosticism can leave one frustrated let alone Calvinism. But it does make sense that it is an offshoot of early gnosticism...
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>After reading this article...it is obvious that mixture also includes Protestantism. I liken it to a family...some shared beliefs...some not shared...and a little dysfuntion thrown in.
I think that dysfunction is what many non-Christian see. Each claiming to have truth...each claiming to have that proof...and ALL saying that their truth is biblical and given to them by the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately there are times that "truth" does not agree. Who is right...they each think they are...who is wrong...it is always the other guy.
Yes, it's that way but it shouldn't be that way.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>My quest is to understand...not to determine who is right or wrong. In that process I hope to have a better understanding of my own beliefs...not those that were handed down to me as a child or that I heard in church for so many years.
I know that I annoy some by asking the questions that I do of them. Chances are most often...they are questions that I have asked myself...that I have either researched or in the process of.
Right, like it's best IMHO to learn and understand the origin or the original purpose of a thing. Then it is easier to see how it later morphed into something else.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>As far as the "once saved always saved" doctrine...I certainly understand because of some scripture why some believe it to be true. I also believe that it is mis-used and give some an excuse to not "work" on their faith or to do as they please...simply because they feel as if they still share in the "reward".
I hear you... Even the word "Disciple" has its root in the word "discipline".

#469584 Dec 5, 2012

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#469585 Dec 6, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/TSHQAVDFU98JOH5C2/p200 87
Thanks for the invite,but I just gonna wait right here on the porch got with my lamp lit got someone coming that is mighty important out of thoses east clouds.Smile for the rich woman please.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#469587 Dec 6, 2012
http://news.yahoo.com/smokers-celebrate-wash-... The curse of God will be upon Washington state.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#469588 Dec 6, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does Jesus say "Do nothing, just believe what the Roman Church says and I will let you into heaven."
In fact, where does Jesus (not Paul) say anything about forgiveness being by grace ?
WHy love anyone like He taught if it means nothing. And even why does one have to "believe" if it is "free" by grace ? That isn't free nor grace. It is a condition just like works.
That was a brilliant post.

Jesus never spoke of forgiveness by grace.

There are many things, which Jesus did not say at all.

Most of the things are what Paul said. Notice that Paul does not teach anything which Jesus taught and preached.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#469589 Dec 6, 2012

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#469590 Dec 6, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The relationship between faith and works is that works are the result of faith. In the Bible, faith and works are very often contrasted. They are not the same thing, and the combination of faith and works does not bring salvation. Salvation is by faith alone.

Rom. 3:28,“For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.”
Rom. 4:5,“But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness.”
Gal. 2:16,“nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus…”
False religious systems always teach that faith plus a person's works result in salvation. This is false, because our good works are filthy rags before God (Isa. 64:6). Therefore, we can’t do anything to please God by our good works. Gal. 2:21 says that if righteousness comes by the law (works), then Christ died needlessly.

Grace and truth CAME by Jesus Christ..Grace is God's unmerited favor. That is, grace is God doing good for us that we do not deserve

So in reality, Jesus Christ IS Grace.. Have a great day G Got a 10 hour work day ahead of me

http://www.learnthebible.org/what-is-grace.ht...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#469591 Dec 6, 2012
~*~*~*~*~*

Morning....

“A dame that knows the ropes... isn’t likely to get tied up.”

~ Mae West

Thought For The Day

*~*~*~*~*~

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#469592 Dec 6, 2012
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Your love is everlasting and far reaching. It touches my soul and lifts my spirit. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. No matter what gift I have, perhaps if the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and thought I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth, bears all things believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. Thank you, Father, that your love never fails. May I be more like Jesus, with love pure and true, and share your love with others always. In Jesus' name, amen.(in part from 1 Corinthians 13)

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#469593 Dec 6, 2012
Encouraging Word....

“Your world is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.”

Psalm 119:105

K-Love

“http://www.stude ntshelp.info”

Since: Dec 12

http://www.studentshelp.info

#469594 Dec 6, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, I am so concerned about some of my friends and family members who are living in sin. Even Christians can make wrong choices and fall into a life of sin. I pray right now, that the Holy Spirit would move in a mighty way to convict them of their sin and their need to repent. I pray that you would give them strength and direction to step up out of that pit and return to you as their first love. Please, for their soul and sake and your glory, move in these special situations. And for those who do not know you, please bring people and circumstances into their lives that your power may be shown and their eyes may be opened. Save their souls and change their lives. May all glory and honor be unto You, My Lord and Savior. In Jesus' name, amen.
PrimeTime with God
In Jesus' name, amen.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#469595 Dec 6, 2012
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Epiphany 2, thank you for taking the time to respond to my post; my soulmate Sora and I were graciously welcomed by Annie. I am overwhelmed today and...*Sobs* he did a tribute for me, me! Sora tells me that no words can describe how much he loves me and he believes as I do that God brought us together. I do hope you will meet him soon, he is such a beautiful person!
Then you are Blessed....Sora should register

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#469596 Dec 6, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HFN, I'm doing fine, hope you are as well.
I'm doing cardiac rehab at the local Hospital and it's going well. I go 3 days a week for about an hour each day. The girl that's in charge is really good at pushing me to the level she wants me at. She's also very good at answering any questions or concerns I might have.
As I mentioned earlier I'm having an ICD (Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator) surgically put in my chest (under the skin just below my left collarbone) on January the 7th. It's something the Doctors say I need to have because of the danger of my heart going into arrhythmia's. If that happens the ICD would shock my heart back into rhythm and keep my heart from going into cardiac arrest. It's a very easy and safe surgery that would only keep me in the Hospital overnight as long as all goes well. It won't make my heart any stronger but it could definitely be a life saver if needed.
I thank you and everyone else for all of your prayers and well wishes. I am truly grateful to all of you.
I hope you have a great night. God bless you.
Hey RA.....Will keep you in prayer....That isn't a bad operation

God Bless and stay healthy

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#469597 Dec 6, 2012
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Ephipany, I am honored to meet you. I agree with this completely God blesses us with different gifts, we as His childen must use these gifts we were given to better the world around us. What are your gifts mon ami/amie?
Nice to meet you....You should register....Grey boxers have in the past turned out to be hiding something....

Just my opinion....Have a great day Sora.....

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#469598 Dec 6, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Your love is everlasting and far reaching. It touches my soul and lifts my spirit. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. No matter what gift I have, perhaps if the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and thought I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth, bears all things believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. Thank you, Father, that your love never fails. May I be more like Jesus, with love pure and true, and share your love with others always. In Jesus' name, amen.(in part from 1 Corinthians 13)
Prime Time with God
Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Dr Sochs 65,117
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min trifecta1 974,044
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Robert F 654,675
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min Pegasus 281,981
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 52 min WasteWater 2,608
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 45,318
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 2 hr Toby 862
More from around the web