Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#469388 Dec 3, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
YE SEE THEN HOW THAT BY WORKS A MAN IS JUSTIFIED, "and not" by faith only.
I can't tell you how often I glanced over this scripture but it really hits home for me now. I've never before thought as belief or "trust" in God as a work. Now I do.

I'm still looking into it but what do you think the difference between "believed" and "faith" here is? Thanks in advance.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#469389 Dec 3, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Merci beaucoup to both of you for your warm introduction. I think that you find many warm and welcoming people here on this thread. Please feel free to join in our conversations.
We are all of mixed ancestry and you are right...it should not matter...we are all as one.
I have visited New Orleans several times. It is a city rich in history and charm and the people warm and welcoming. I enjoyed all of my visits there.
Puissiez-vous tous les deux une merveilleuse nuit.
Bonsoir Annie; *Smiles gently* merci beaucoup. I am pleased to know that New Orleans was pleasing to you; we shall be more than happy to join the conversations; bonne nuit.

#469390 Dec 3, 2012
Okay... I had to read it in context... Abraham basically "believed and obeyed" God.(Offering up his Son.) Abraham didn't just say he had faith, he put it into action.

And God said, "Do not lay a hand on the boy, "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."

So God basically saw that Abraham wasn't all talk, when put the test he walked the walk. Very interesting.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#469391 Dec 3, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Merci beaucoup to both of you for your warm introduction. I think that you find many warm and welcoming people here on this thread. Please feel free to join in our conversations.
We are all of mixed ancestry and you are right...it should not matter...we are all as one.
I have visited New Orleans several times. It is a city rich in history and charm and the people warm and welcoming. I enjoyed all of my visits there.
Puissiez-vous tous les deux une merveilleuse nuit.
Bonsoir Annie, merci beaucoup. Your welcome is most appreciated indeed. Bonn nuit and until tomorrow we shall speak more. I am sincerly looking foward to meeting all of you here.

#469392 Dec 3, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I can't tell you how often I glanced over this scripture but it really hits home for me now. I've never before thought as belief or "trust" in God as a work. Now I do.
I'm still looking into it but what do you think the difference between "believed" and "faith" here is? Thanks in advance.
Self-correction on my part... not just trust and belief laying in dormancy... but belief put into action. Belief without action (good works) is useless.

I put "good works" (works of love) to distinguish from "works of the law" (circumcision... that is put out in Ephesians 2)

#469393 Dec 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly why I think that secular marriage and religious weddings are two different things and should be kept that way.
Actually I think they are one in the same because whether a marriage is Christian or not... and there was a religious wedding or not they still would have to register with the secular, civilian register of deeds or whoever it is. I think that the politically-correct powers that be are trying to make a push that any religious persons can't refuse to marry gays or they will be sued or lose their .org status.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed then that intent is a large part of 'works'?
The way I read Jesus is that faith without 'works' is as useless as 'works' without faith.
Agreed.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
As for what constitutes 'works' in my opinion is loving our enemies, helping those less fortunate than ourselves and leaving the planet a little better than we found it.
that and in my own view may I add complete trust and obedience to the Lord.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#469394 Dec 3, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Daniel 7:21&22
Revelation 20:4
1 Corinthians 6:2&3
Saints Judgment
Revelation 19:15
John 5:26&27
Revelation 14:6&7
See Revelation 20:4&5
See 1 Corinthians 6:1-3
Excutes Judgment
Daniel 7:9&10
Acts 17:31
Revelation 14:6&7
Daniel 8:14
Judgment message
Jeremiah 10:11&12
Psalms 95:3-6
Revelation 4:10&11
Exodus 20:12
Ezekiel 20:12
Worship the Creator

2 Corinthians 5:10
James 2:10-12
Ecclesiates 12:13&14
Standard for all

Revelation 14:8
Modern Babylon

Jeremiah 51:6&7
See Daniel 5:3&4
Ancient Babylon

Revelation 17:18
See Revelation 17:3&4&9
See Revelation 18:2&4
Modern Babylon

Luke 22:20
Hebrews 8:10
Romans 8:2-4
John 6:63
Mark 7:7-9
See 2 Timothy 3:1-5
See Daniel 7:25
Revelation 17:5
Revelation 18:1-3
Cup of Christ,Cup of Babylon

Revelation 18:21-24
Revelation 18:4&5
Revelation 19:6&7
God's Call

Revelation 14:9
Revelation 14:10-12
See Isaiah 33:13 and 34:1-10
See Hebrews 12:29
Warning against false worship

#469395 Dec 3, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
Name a single person that is saved that hasn't sinned after they were saved?
You're right there isn't.
Red Apples wrote:
Now if salvation is lost if we sin than not a single person would be saved.
Salvation isn't lost unless we completely walk away, neglect our salvation and/or make sin a habitual lifestyle and die. But if and when we do sin, and if we genuinely repent of our wrongs (and forgive others)... then we will be forgiven.

Apostle John: "My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world... I John 2

...IF we confess our sins, HE is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." I John 1

What would happen if we didn't confess our sins? Would God forgive us?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#469396 Dec 3, 2012
That is what makes faith so great. All you have to do is believe. You can ask why or you can just believe. It doesnt change his love for you or your place in this world.

#469397 Dec 3, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
Sin is a "bad work", If a "bad work" can cause a person to lose the "free GIFT of salvation by the grace God through faith" than what "good work" re-attains that lost salvation?
To answer your question...---> Repentance.

As far as free gift of Salvation... Let me ask you this Red, if you were given a free car by someone you really trust and respect.. well, that's nice... you now have the privilege of being on the road in your new, paid-for car. But being that you have that privilege to drive would that give you the right to go out and drive recklessly? Of course not... unless you make a serious course correction in your behavior you could eventually end up losing your license.

It's the same way with Salvation, we have liberty but we shouldn't indulge in our sinful nature.

#469398 Dec 3, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
If salvation is dependent upon our works than it isn't a gift given by the grace of God through faith as God's Holy Word says.
If something is given because of the work done it isn't a gift, it's payment for the work done.
Apostle James made it clear, Faith without works is dead.(read in context the Apostle is referring to good works or works of love)

_______
Red Apples wrote:
God's Word couldn't be any clearly when it says "we are saved by grace through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast".
Ephesians 2:8-9.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
It becomes more and more clear when you continue reading in context:

10 FOR we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto GOOD WORKS, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

The "not of works" Apostle Paul is referring to is works of the law. There were some Jews who still thought that the Gentiles were inferior to them. Here is a cross-reference:

"For we maintain that a man is JUSTIFIED BY FAITH apart FROM OBSERVING THE LAW." Romans 3:28

#469399 Dec 4, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You insecure believers will dig up ANYTHING to justify your fears that you could possibly lose your salvation because of your post salvation sins. You know what?? Instead of arguing with you about it,I'd like to hear one of my favorite radio ministers talking about the matter. I'm not going to call any names.....I'm just going to listen on the radio.
lol, I hear you Doc... learn to read and understand the scriptures for yourself also friend.

#469400 Dec 4, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person claims to be saved yet they continue to purposely sin I would question of they are indeed truly saved. And of course we need to ask forgiveness when we sin. But that doesn't mean we have to get saved all over again. We've already been saved. If our child messes up are they no longer our child because they messed up? Nope, when they admit they messed up we forgive them. Just like God does with His children.
Red, God sent His only begotten Son to die an extremely, horrible death on the cross and He was His Son... if God allowed that to happen to His Son (for our benefit of course) and reject Him while He was on the cross, then WHAT in the world will happen to us adopted ones if we take for granted the price that He paid to get us saved in the first place?

"How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant THAT SANCTIFIED HIM, and WHO HAS INSULTED the Spirit of Grace?(mine: Whew) For we know Him who said,“It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again,“THE LORD WILL JUDGE HIS PEOPLE.”

...It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

That "Sanctified" him... it's talking about a saved person...

#469401 Dec 4, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it!!!
God sees Jesus Christ when he looks at us. He doesn't see sin. He doesn't see the sinners that we are. He sees Jesus Christ.
Romans 8:1-13.
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
if they walk in The Spirit then there is no condemnation.... but if they walk (follow) after the flesh there is condemnation.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#469402 Dec 4, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no "package of repentance". A person either truly repents and is forgiven or they don't and aren't.
What's required for salvation is clearly and concisely spelled out in Romans 10:9-10.
Water baptism is "a work" and has nothing to do with salvation. Salvation is attained through grace "not works" (Ephesians 2:8-9).
Receiving the "Holy Spirit" once a person repents and accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour has nothing to do with "water baptism". Water baptism is symbolic now that we are under the new covenant in the age of grace time that we are living in now.V
_______
So let me ask you.
According to what you've been taught and what you believe if a person on his death bed does exactly what Romans 10:9-10 says they still wouldn't be saved if they weren't baptised with water?
Was the thief on the cross that was saved baptised with water?
Nope.
Sorry RA but we've been through this song and dance long ago and nothing has changed, the Lord and his Apostles didn't command water baptism as a pivotol part of our salvation for it to be ignored, it's commanded all thourghout the NT after the death, burial and ressurection of the Lord Jesus who went through the procedure himself just for our example and not that HE needed it, it represents the Death, Burial and Ressurection of the Lord Jesus Christ and you are not even IN the spiritual body of Christ without it, and the reason you will be saved as outlined in Romans 10:9-10 is because you will obey the Lord in Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:16, Luke 24:47, John 3:5, Acts 2:38 and throughout the book of Acts, one scripture doesn't refute the other and you have to have precepts in the Word to prove your argument line upon line here a little and there a little.

The thief on the cross was a situation where the Lord had mercy on a repented soul and the plan of repentance and remission of sins had not yet came into being until AFTER. Christ had died and rose again, and now..........how about an answer to MY question?????

#469403 Dec 4, 2012
Welp, gonna head on out. Hope all you insomniacs like myself can finally get some rest. Red I hope everything turns out well for you later... take care Bro.

“http://www.stude ntshelp.info”

Since: Dec 12

http://www.studentshelp.info

#469404 Dec 4, 2012
Jesus loves me so much and he loves you all too.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#469405 Dec 4, 2012
Hebrews 10:26-31
For if WE sin wilfully after that WE have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose YE, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
For WE know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Notice, please and if you will, my capitalized emphases. This letter was written to the Hebrew people of the early Church. Not posted in the town square for all to see.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#469406 Dec 4, 2012
~*~*~*~*~*

Mornin...Mornin...Mornin

”Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness,
to pull another hand into the light.”

~ Norman B. Rice

Thought For The Day

~*~*~*~*~*

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#469407 Dec 4, 2012
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Thank you for this day and for Your many blessings. Please help me to have the right perspective on things. Life is short and eternity is forever. I want to start each day with a review of my priorities, and a tentative plan for where I will invest my time and energy, so that I will be sure to do what really matters. Please give me Your priorities for my life. Guide and direct my every step. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Prime time with God

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min waaasssuuup 25,111
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Anthony MN 685,526
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Robert F 985,595
Dog was hit by a car. Who is responsible for what? 51 min Some Advice 7
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 57 min Sojouner Truth 1,827
Any horny girls with snapchat looking for fun (Oct '16) 3 hr Wolf_cuddler 12
What is the most forbidden sex you have had ? (Nov '16) 3 hr Wolf_cuddler 7
More from around the web