“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#469309 Dec 3, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Is it fair to save a dying thief on a cross but yet send someone to hell who truly accepted Christ years ago??
Good Afternoon Doc... The answer is Yes (if need be), according to Jesus in Matthew 20:1-15... here's an excerpt of our Lord's parable:

"...The workers who were hired about the eleventh hour came and each received a denarius. So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. When they received it, THEY BEGAN TO GRUMBLE against the landowner.‘These men who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said,‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’

“But he answered one of them,‘Friend, I am not being unfair to you. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? Take your pay and go. I want to give the man who was hired last the same as I gave you. Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

“So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#469310 Dec 3, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You're not even a Christian and you're tellin' ME?!
Annie is closer to God than you have ever been.

“Saved. ”

#469311 Dec 3, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning, thank you for providing the link, right now my internet connection is a little too slow to download most videos but I'll try to find time to dowmload it at work, thanks again and you have a Blessed day.
Good Afternoon Lawest, have to head out shortly... just wanted to say hello to you... typing as fast as I can. Smile.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#469312 Dec 3, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I was addressing the first sentence of your previous post... "more than works".. that's why I went on a "works" tangent, my apologies:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
The folks you mentioned in Matthew 7 were doing their own thing in the Lord's Name, ambitious in their own interests... rather than doing what The Father wanted them to do. So basically they were not only using The Lord's name in vain... but working in vain.
I'm going to speak here from biblical perspective and I truly don't mean to offend anyone. A good example of what you posted is gay marriage. Now you have Pastors marrying same-sex partners... they have a gay church, go through all of the casting out devils, have a choir etc... there is nothing wrong with gays coming to church to hear what The Word of the Lord says (perhaps they will repent) but going so far as to desecrate the Holy communion of marriage is shameful to the Lord. That is definitely not the will of God... that is political correctness and the will of man. To these The Lord will say depart, I know you not.
Or when a Pastor fleeces the people of God and certain tactics to woo people out of their money to support their comfortable lifestyle while others need that money... same thing.
Exactly why I think that secular marriage and religious weddings are two different things and should be kept that way.

Agreed then that intent is a large part of 'works'?

The way I read Jesus is that faith without 'works' is as useless as 'works' without faith.

As for what constitutes 'works' in my opinion is loving our enemies, helping those less fortunate than ourselves and leaving the planet a little better than we found it.

“Saved. ”

#469313 Dec 3, 2012
Hey Bro. Lee Love, I know I said I would get to your post later but it's going to have to be "Later" later... like in the AM... your posts and concepts are great to read and think about. Take care.

“Saved. ”

#469314 Dec 3, 2012
Take care everybody... pray for me, my family and others also please (pray for those saved and unsaved).

G, I'll get back with you... I don't know exactly what you are trying to point out regarding fishing, cane pole and such. I just want to make sure I completely understand what you are trying to get at. Please send me a t-mail if you don't mind. Thanks!

:)

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#469315 Dec 3, 2012
Name a single person that is saved that hasn't sinned after they were saved?

Now if salvation is lost if we sin than not a single person would be saved.

Sin is a "bad work", If a "bad work" can cause a person to lose the "free GIFT of salvation by the grace God through faith" than what "good work" re-attains that lost salvation?

If salvation is dependent upon our works than it isn't a gift given by the grace of God through faith as God's Holy Word says.

If something is given because of the work done it isn't a gift, it's payment for the work done.
_______

God's Word couldn't be any clearly when it says "we are saved by grace through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast".

Ephesians 2:8-9.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#469317 Dec 3, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
Name a single person that is saved that hasn't sinned after they were saved?
Now if salvation is lost if we sin than not a single person would be saved.
Sin is a "bad work", If a "bad work" can cause a person to lose the "free GIFT of salvation by the grace God through faith" than what "good work" re-attains that lost salvation?
If salvation is dependent upon our works than it isn't a gift given by the grace of God through faith as God's Holy Word says.
If something is given because of the work done it isn't a gift, it's payment for the work done.
_______
God's Word couldn't be any clearly when it says "we are saved by grace through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast".
Ephesians 2:8-9.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Good evening RA, I believe there's a difference in the type of sinning that you are refering to as opposed to what we, Qu, Lee and a few others are trying to point out through the Bible, what you are referring to perhaps ( and you can correction me if I'm wrong ) is our sinning ignorantly, little minor issues perhaps and not really knowing any better, but at some point God's spirit is going to make even that known to our attention in due time and we will have to repent from them in due time. However what we are trying to point out as illustrated in Hebrews 10:26 for example that if we sin willfully and on purpose knowing what we are doing then we are trampling the blood of Jesus Christ under our feet and treating our covenant with him as if it is nothing totally disregarding it, and then it pretty much lets us know that we will live a frightened fear filled life from that point looking forward toward hell and destruction, and I'm sure that no one in their right mind wants any part of that.

I hope that you are feeling better John and that you have a Blessed rest of your day.

“Destruction”

Destruction

#469318 Dec 3, 2012
PrabhSingh wrote:
How to Be Happy with Who You Are
----------
It's important to bare in mind that every human being in this world is different, and no two faces or bodies are the same. Your 'inferiority' as you may refer to it can also be seen as a unique or individual quality. What makes you feel these things are 'inferior' to everyone else? If there is no norm amongst human beings, how can there possibly be any form of inferiority? Don't give the power of influencing your thoughts to people that don't care about you.
--
Understand that most people aren't out there to judge you. Out of everyone you see, most don't care or know about how poorly you did on your last math test, or how you've gained a little weight since last summer.
--
Seriously consider just what is so 'inferior'. If you have a complex about a specific body part, such as your arms, legs, feet, or hands, think hard about what exactly makes them 'inferior' to everyone else, and write this on paper if it helps. Seriously think about the logic of these things. You're not going to get stopped in the street for having what you think of as 'inferior' hands or feet.
--
Nobody's perfect. They say the grass is always greener on someone else's yard. If there's always someone out there with more money than you, or prettier than you, realize there's always someone uglier than you. There's someone with a bigger nose or heftier than you. There's someone with even smaller or larger breasts than you. Don't focus so much on how you can't compare, but how others can't compare to you.
--
Think about what it is you are really afraid of. What is it you fear will happen, upon the revealing of your inferiority to everyone else? Do you fear people looking, or making comments? These are all valid worries but bear in mind - everyone is different. Any comments you receive are invalid and must be ignored at all costs. It's absolutely certain there is something they think is wrong with them too.
--
Respect yourself. Look in the mirror and give yourself compliments. If you don't respect yourself, who will?
--
REMEMBER, you are NOT alone!
--
GOD Bless ALL.
Love You GOD .

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#469319 Dec 3, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbers 6:24
"May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace."
Thank you Bob, I am going to take those beautiful words with me today :)

#469320 Dec 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with religion. It is a non-christian source for the existence of Jesus. That it isn't mentioned when Chrisitians are trying to "prove" that Jesus isn't fictional is very peculiar.
I wasn't talking religion G, I was just asking if the Jews mention in their Talmud that JESUS is our Savior in response to your posting.....

#469321 Dec 3, 2012
PrabhSingh wrote:
<quoted text>
Love You GOD .
Hi there..... I too love GOD and it is a grand feeling in the Heart :)

#469322 Dec 3, 2012
Hello everyone, been a bit busy lately and haven't been here for quite a few days... Needless to say, I am about 40 pages behind, so just want to say to one and all, "G'Day Mates" and hope to catch up soon!! Happy Tuesday from Down Under :)
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#469323 Dec 3, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening RA, I believe there's a difference in the type of sinning that you are refering to as opposed to what we, Qu, Lee and a few others are trying to point out through the Bible, what you are referring to perhaps ( and you can correction me if I'm wrong ) is our sinning ignorantly, little minor issues perhaps and not really knowing any better, but at some point God's spirit is going to make even that known to our attention in due time and we will have to repent from them in due time. However what we are trying to point out as illustrated in Hebrews 10:26 for example that if we sin willfully and on purpose knowing what we are doing then we are trampling the blood of Jesus Christ under our feet and treating our covenant with him as if it is nothing totally disregarding it, and then it pretty much lets us know that we will live a frightened fear filled life from that point looking forward toward hell and destruction, and I'm sure that no one in their right mind wants any part of that.
I hope that you are feeling better John and that you have a Blessed rest of your day.
You are right L100
if we sin willfuly knowing that we are saved and not going to be rejected,
we sin and trample Gods law,Jesus Christ blood and we are fallen from Family of God

but if our sins are natural uncounciess transgressinons need forgivenes of our Father,
Father knows for sure what kind of sins are inside of us,
and God reject those who are not repentant ,sin against Holy Spirit,are rebelious and join ranks of doubtful groups,or support atheistis hateful rethorics

not man explanation justufy our sins,
only God alone is doing this,

it means one time saved,not necessary always saved-
in other words unrepentant wicked by saved fornicators would join Hollines of Gods Home?????

this type of teachings is demon doctrines teachings came straight from first sin in Garden Eden

eating fruit was taking own independent activity without of Gods commandment, and they were not saved those 2 and after them we?

But Adam and Eve before this sin,for sure were saved and joined eternal life with God????after wicked transgression they lost this gift to be saved and were thrown away from Gods Family

God bless you L100
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#469324 Dec 3, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning G... I see where you are coming from. I just want to add that in my beliefs that one can be born again (same as born of the Spirit) without being baptized in water.
In the early church, after one was Born Again, water baptism would follow almost immediately. Somehow over the milleniums it bacame seen as a more dogmatic and cermonial concept. A lot of books was written about it when in the early church it was just done. For me personally, I would rather follow how Jesus and the early church went about water baptism.
water baprism was repentance before accepting Saviour,
but baptism in death of Christ,is baptism giving Grace and be saved.
Bible NT many times mention about those repentant being in enviroment of God Grace but not saved,
and Bible also point to those who were saved or who can be saved

water baptism today doesn't have any contribution to the Gods Gift only according to only Gods Pleasure,and Gods eternal just purpose.

I would agree with you,
truly saved only follow Saviour without of sins(because each sin is washed in the blood and death of Jesus Christ

water baptism is ceremonial concept,like many others don;t touch,don't do this,that, have to be each week at church etc......

May God bless you Q.
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#469325 Dec 3, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bienvenue sur WSJLM. Il est également agréable de vous rencontrer.
Je suis sûr que vous trouverez ici ce que sont prêts à prier pour vous et vos amis. Je ne suis pas chrétien, mais moi je vous adresse mes pensées et mes bons vœux.
Puissiez-vous trouver la paix, le bonheur et la joie dans vos moments difficiles.
Qunado esta vivora pica
no hi remedio enla botiqua,gelaufen kleine swin nia po wiese,
plat er kos a vio slo, kufa faa mat?und z waz co dzia'rzy sz?

good bye mama annie

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#469326 Dec 3, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Afternoon Lawest, have to head out shortly... just wanted to say hello to you... typing as fast as I can. Smile.
Good afternoon Qu, have a safe trip.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#469327 Dec 3, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening RA, I believe there's a difference in the type of sinning that you are refering to as opposed to what we, Qu, Lee and a few others are trying to point out through the Bible, what you are referring to perhaps ( and you can correction me if I'm wrong ) is our sinning ignorantly, little minor issues perhaps and not really knowing any better, but at some point God's spirit is going to make even that known to our attention in due time and we will have to repent from them in due time. However what we are trying to point out as illustrated in Hebrews 10:26 for example that if we sin willfully and on purpose knowing what we are doing then we are trampling the blood of Jesus Christ under our feet and treating our covenant with him as if it is nothing totally disregarding it, and then it pretty much lets us know that we will live a frightened fear filled life from that point looking forward toward hell and destruction, and I'm sure that no one in their right mind wants any part of that.
Sin is sin, and God hates all sin. And God's Word says clearly the the only unforgivable sin is "blasphemy of the Holy Spirit".

Satan's sickest trick is to get someone that is saved to believe they can lose that salvation. And that God's Word isn't telling the truth when it says: "If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus Christ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead THOU SHALL BE SAVED" (Romans 10:9-10).

It doesn't say: "thou shall be saved, BUT I might take that gift back because I'm a vengeful God, and Jesus' sacrifice on the cross wasn't enough". And that Jesus lied when He said "it is finished".

And I can see a handful of believers in here have bought into that lie satan is selling. When people buy into that lie they're simply putting themselves right back under the curse of the laws that Jesus fulfilled. Trying to work their way to salvation.

Sad, truly sad.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#469328 Dec 3, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Sin is sin, and God hates all sin. And God's Word says clearly the the only unforgivable sin is "blasphemy of the Holy Spirit".
Satan's sickest trick is to get someone that is saved to believe they can lose that salvation. And that God's Word isn't telling the truth when it says: "If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus Christ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead THOU SHALL BE SAVED" (Romans 10:9-10).
It doesn't say: "thou shall be saved, BUT I might take that gift back because I'm a vengeful God, and nJesus' sacrifice on the cross wasn't enough". And that Jesus lied when He said "it is finished".
And I can see a handful of believers in here have bought into that lie satan is selling. When people buy into that lie they're simply putting themselves right back under the curse of the laws that Jesus fulfilled. Trying to work their way to salvation.
Sad, truly sad.
Sorry to have to disagree with you here RA but the Bible simply does not support the "once saved, always saved" doctrine, once you believe and are convicted in your heart of all the sins that you have committed in your life this only Happens through belief through the Word that you have heard and you follow the steps of repentance and remission of sins, we are not to continue on in sin and still consider ourselves saved.

I have a question to all those who believe in the once saved always saved doctrine..........if a man believes the gospel and follows the package of repentence, water baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and continues on grows in the grace of God but then gradually begins to becomes negligent in the Lord and eventually returns to a life of lying, whoremongering, stealing, drinking and cursing and then end up dying in that state..........is he going to be saved?????

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469329 Dec 3, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't say: "thou shall be saved, BUT I might take that gift back because I'm a vengeful God, and Jesus' sacrifice on the cross wasn't enough". And that Jesus lied when He said "it is finished".
Sad, truly sad.
John ... what about those that think they have a free pass to behave as they choose...then pull out the "I am forgiven" card.

Or those that have sinned...claims forgiveness...and the continues to commit that same sin...over and over.

Then there are those that sin...know they have sinned...do they need to ask forgiveness of can they keep using the original pass.

I have heard this debate all my life...

I was taught that when I was aware of sin...that I was to ask forgiveness for that sin...no blanket pass allowed.

I guess my other question would be...what if a "saved" Christian commits a sin...and never ask for forgiveness for that sin?

Are there not responsibilities when one receives a gift...even if that gift is free? What happens if one does not live up to those responsibilities?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 808,434
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min marge 573,526
Do white women like black men? (Jun '11) 23 min iknowcelecki 295
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 33 min DNF 97,842
'Ukraine is a hot potato': Why US stood back fr... 35 min ACTUALLY 8
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Marlowe 442,088
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr ACTUALLY 268,747
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 17 hr same 199
More from around the web