Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Epiphany2 wrote:
~*~*~*~*~*
Its beginning to look alot like Christmas...Johnny Mathis
http://youtu.be/QYTnzNeTWmE
~*~*~*~*~*
Hey, Good Morning Ep! Smile, God loves you.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
"The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, And his tongue talks of justice. The law of his God is in his heart" (Psalm 37:30,31).
"Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You" (Psalm 119:11).
"The Kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17:21)
Seems God's word isn't in a book at all.
lol, Hopefully you will stay on this side of the Jordan River where we more or less, cheer God on, instead of over there where the Dead Sea is. You seem to be a little calmer while you are in here which benefits you I think. It would be nice if that anti-christian thing would stay over there but I know that it isn't going to happen anytime soon. Just a thought.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Qu_innocence wrote:
Shalowm and Good Morningf my brother... sorry for intruding on this conversation but you didn't say anything wrong regarding this subject. JMO... some eat herbs, some eat meats... Romans 14?
Point taken. Thank you.
LAWEAT100 wrote:
To Brother Lee Love:
Have a Blessed and a great SONday.(C:
I understand your position, although, it's difficult to agree with it.

As I've stated, I've been studying the bible for almost 30 years now. And if it's one thing I know, it's that the translators were not inspired in the same manner the authors were. The translators including what they deemed worthy, based on their current beliefs, hence the capitalization of some terms and not others, even though the original terms and definitions are identical. I believe it's a must this be said, though...

If you believe the translators were inspired, then of a surety, you should also believe that those that gave us the concordance, with Hebrew and Greek lexicons, are inspired just as well. One gave us our translations with chapter and verse divisions, and the other gave us each word with it's original term and definition and where each and every term is found throughout the bible. In my humble opinion, to consider the latter to be an unnecessary "outside source," then the Roman Catholic hierarchy were also right in believing the translators and their translations were unnecessary "outside sources."

And so you know, your congeniality is most appreciated. Shalowm.
AnnieJ wrote:
Just what is it to "love your neighbor".
Shalowm, AnnieJ.

If you don't mind, I'd like to build on what you posted.

First, it's written that "the second is like unto" the first. In other words, both are, in a sense, one and the same, as we can't fulfill one and neglect the other. John wrote, "If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen (1John 4:20)?" In this, it's impossible to love "God" if we don't sincerely love our neighbors. Now, what was our anointed Savior alluding to?

Writing about relationships, Paul wrote, "So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church (Eph 5:28-29)." This coincides with what our anointed Savior said, recorded at Matthew 22:39: "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." In almost all cases, a person will do any and everything to protect their lives and their livelihood. But, what is truly loving our neighbors?

John 15:13 says, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." And coinciding, 1John 3:16 says, "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren." Then, Matthew 10:39 says, "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."

In conclusion, we're to dedicate our very lives to one another, as this is truly loving our neighbors as ourselves. As I understand these things, unless our very lives are expected, then what lesser should we withhold from one another? Money? Clothing? Food? Shelter? Time? Respect? Attention?

To love our neighbors IS loving "God!"

Mark 12:41-44
And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.
And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

Consider what our anointed Savior gained by sacrificing his very life for us.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, I am not sure if you like contemporary christian music but if you do, listen to this song..it speaks exactly of what you just said. It reminded me of this song..I hope you enjoy it..especially when he starts talking instead of singing..awesome message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oX4k4DouqgkXX
Nice Song... Praise God.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Point taken. Thank you.
Good Morning Brother Lee, your post was well stated, all of it IMHO.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

IN ADDITION...

Matthew 23:29
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

1John 4:20
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Ephesians 5:28
He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

As I said in my most recent post, to love one another IS the equivalent of loving "God." Well, apparently, loving others is the equivalent of loving ourselves just as well.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

LAWEST100 wrote:
"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good Word of God, and the powers of the world to come, if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance, seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put Him to an open shame." Hebrews 6:4-6
This kills the idea of once saved always saved.
Doctor REALITY wrote:
`
And in addition...

Hebrews 10:26-31
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

What Doctor REALITY must realize is that there are stipulations to salvation that must NOT be ignored. Every time the term "if" appears in scripture, this is a stipulation. For instance, 1Corinthians 15:2 says, "By which also ye are saved, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain." Romans 11:22 says, "Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off."

Even our anointed Savior made clear this stipulation when he said, "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: BUT he that endureth to the end shall be saved (Matt 10:22)," and "BUT he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved (Matt 24:13)."

Yes, the term "but" serves as a stipulation, also.

There are so many more, but this should be enough. Hopefully, Doctor REALITY will see this.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Morning Brother Lee, your post was well stated, all of it IMHO.
And a great morning to you, Brother Qu_innocence.

I've got to head off to work in a little while, but I figured I'll try to catch up before I do. I love this thread when I can actually keep up! LOL!

And I'm glad you agreed with what I had posted. That shows me that I just might be on the right track...with what I've learned, that is.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning G... I see where you are coming from. I just want to add that in my beliefs that one can be born again (same as born of the Spirit) without being baptized in water.
In the early church, after one was Born Again, water baptism would follow almost immediately. Somehow over the milleniums it bacame seen as a more dogmatic and cermonial concept. A lot of books was written about it when in the early church it was just done. For me personally, I would rather follow how Jesus and the early church went about water baptism.
The ritual, in and of itself, is nothing. Ritauls are for us to rember the event and its importance. That is the purpose of a wedding, one of the most memorable days of one's life. A half hour in a magistrates office carries the same vows and commitment but does not have anywhere near the same psychological impact.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

FOR THE RECORD...

The difference in Hebrews 6 and Hebrews 10 is this...

Hebrews 6 is a warning to strictly those that actually received the Holy Spirit to the point that they were able to perform miraculous works, such as raising the dead, healing the sick, speaking and interpreting tongues, so forth and so on. Hebrews 10, on the other hand, is a warning to those that weren't endowed with such power. In saying this, consider the following, please and if you will, and share with me your thoughts.

Matthew 12:32
And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Hebrews 6:4-8
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Now, I'm not quoting these verses to further prove that our anointed Savior and the Holy Spirit aren't, literally, one and the same. Rather, I'm wondering if anyone else sees a striking similarity in these two verses regarding this transgression against the Holy Spirit?

Anyone? Anyone? You? How 'bout you? You, there. In the back. Yeah? No?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I used to not understand the difference between Ephesians 2:8-9 and James 2:26. But I understand it now.
In Ephesians, when read in context from verses 8-11... Apostle Paul is referring to the church trying to do works under the Law of Moses. Specifically whether one should be circumcised or uncircumcised. As you know, when Apostle Paul set up a church, the Judaizers (former pharisees) would come behind after Paul left and tell the gentile church that they had to abide by the law of moses. Paul heard about it and wrote to them it was not the case. He said that we are saved by grace through faith NOT OF WORKS (talking about works of the Law)... lest any man should boast. And then Apostle Paul further states in verse 10:
"For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do GOOD WORKS, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
So in verse 9 the Apostle is talking about works of the law and in verse 10 Paul is talking about another kind of works. The latter kind of works is the same thing that Apostle James was talking about. That is, works of love or Good Works rather than works of the law of Moses, that is, the ceremonial and civil portion of that law:
As far as what Apostle James talked about regarding works, when read in context, Apostle James talks about if a brother or sister is in need of food and yet we say we pray for them but don't give them any food... then how is that love? Here is what he wrote:
James: "What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them,“Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself."
So anyways, to summarize my reply to your post, we need more works of Love rather than works of the law.
Have to disagree with that analysis. He was not talking about Mosaic Law. He was talking dirctly to the disciples. The use of "in your name" while prophecizing, casting out demons and performing miracles clearly demonstrates that they are Christian, not Jewish,'works'.

My own belief is that works AND faith are needed.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>lol, Hopefully you will stay on this side of the Jordan River where we more or less, cheer God on, instead of over there where the Dead Sea is. You seem to be a little calmer while you are in here which benefits you I think. It would be nice if that anti-christian thing would stay over there but I know that it isn't going to happen anytime soon. Just a thought.
Sorry if that sounded like an insult.

Many people read books on fishing yet never drop a line in the water. Are they fishermen ?

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And a great morning to you, Brother Qu_innocence.
I've got to head off to work in a little while, but I figured I'll try to catch up before I do. I love this thread when I can actually keep up! LOL!
And I'm glad you agreed with what I had posted. That shows me that I just might be on the right track...with what I've learned, that is.
Amen Brother, I'm about to head out shortly myself. I'm glad that you stayed. Smile!

:)

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text><<<Quin strums fingers on the desk... hesitates>>> C'mon down, I would need some chaperones and sponsors for the kids... it'll be fun and the memories long-lasting.
:)...you gonna need a bus driver?

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The ritual, in and of itself, is nothing. Ritauls are for us to rember the event and its importance. That is the purpose of a wedding, one of the most memorable days of one's life. A half hour in a magistrates office carries the same vows and commitment but does not have anywhere near the same psychological impact.
I would say that water baptism is an act of obedience to the Lord.. the same with um.. what it's called (tired)....... communion. It's an act of obedience and therefore important.

I do see where you're coming from though... but even though the nuptials is a physical ceremony, it is yet a sacred and spiritual act. You see the physical portion of it but you don't see the spiritual fusing together of two lives. So I would say that water baptism also has a spiritual component to it.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
:)...you gonna need a bus driver?
Yep... I mean, nope... I'll drive. You keep everyone entertained.

:p

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to disagree with that analysis. He was not talking about Mosaic Law. He was talking dirctly to the disciples. The use of "in your name" while prophecizing, casting out demons and performing miracles clearly demonstrates that they are Christian, not Jewish,'works'.
My own belief is that works AND faith are needed.
I understand, if you read onto verse 11 you will see where circumcision vs uncircumcision is mentioned and the basis for this portion of the letter to the gentile christians in ephesus... The Judaizers, it's a long story...

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

add to last post: I mean the Judaizers said that they had to follow the mosaic law by being circumcised...

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if that sounded like an insult.
Many people read books on fishing yet never drop a line in the water. Are they fishermen ?
They are more prepared to be fishermen then those who have never read books on fishing.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

FOR THE RECORD...

When Paul mentions the law and works, he's not referring to the whole law, but those that were fulfilled on the cross. If we read his letters in context, Paul was referring to specific laws. These laws are as follows...

`1) Circumcision
2a) Sacrifices and oblations
2b) The death penalty
`3) Sabbath requirements, i.e., cooking, working, business transactions

Other than these, our faith is proven by the laws we're expected to become, i.e., love. By becoming love, we prove that we believe in those things unseen, which is primarily the coming kingdom of glory. Paul, himself, wrote extensively on the laws concerning marriage and divorce, among others.

Consider the fact that our anointed Savior didn't come to eradicate the law, but taught the spiritual aspects of the law. He taught that adhering to the mere letter of the law is unacceptable. The letter of the law is only the surface, while the spiritual aspects of the law are engraved to our hearts.

Matthew 5:17-20
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Off to work now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

357 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the origin of Joe Blow ? 10 min andet1987 1
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 11 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,132
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Oxbow 536,748
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min dirty white boy- 729,197
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min MUQ1 259,007
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 24 min Naveen kumar 829
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 26 min RiccardoFire 36,686
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 42 min Tim Osman 117,679
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 172,881
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr Juvia Loxar 101
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••