Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#469375 Dec 3, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
So true GW. Welcome aboard by the way. Hope you'll make this thread your Topix home.
God bless.
I believe I will :)

It's nice to meet you and I KNOW that we will have plenty more to talk about..Here is one verse that I read for years but never really "READ" it...I had to really meditate on this..As Jesus Christ is, SO are we in this world (1 John 4:17)

AS Jesus IS..SO ARE WE in THIS WORLD..Thats how God see's us because we are hidden in Christ.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#469376 Dec 3, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi,
You and I sound just alike. You are 100% correct. The one thing that I have discovered whenever I try to explain The Grace Message is that "unless" someone is seeking Gods truth with their whole heart ( Jer.29) they just don't understand. I read your post today while I was at work and was excited to see another Christian who understands the sacrifice that Jesus made on our behalf. Salvation is a free gift. I believe that whenever someone STILL believes that they must earn it...THAT is what "trampling the Son underfoot means. It's like saying...Thank you Jesus, But I can take it from here!!!! They still want to rely on their own strength to do what ONLY Jesus could do for us. Knowing what He done, Will NOT make us want to go out and break the commandments...It makes us WANT to obey them..Thank God for His Grace. Jesus paid it all....Some sing that song and never really know what they are singing about. When the Son sets you free...you are free indeed..Amen
Well stated.

As you said, quote: "Salvation is a free gift." We can't and didn't do anything to earn it or deserve it. Our works sure didn't have anything to do with it. We received it by God's grace when we accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour. Just as Ephesians 2:8-9 clearly and concisely states.

Saved by grace, not by works.

Location hidden

#469377 Dec 3, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I will :)
It's nice to meet you and I KNOW that we will have plenty more to talk about..Here is one verse that I read for years but never really "READ" it...I had to really meditate on this..As Jesus Christ is, SO are we in this world (1 John 4:17)
AS Jesus IS..SO ARE WE in THIS WORLD..Thats how God see's us because we are hidden in Christ.
You got it!!!

God sees Jesus Christ when he looks at us. He doesn't see sin. He doesn't see the sinners that we are. He sees Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:1-13.

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Location hidden

#469378 Dec 3, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed ...
Romans 7:
14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
AMEN AGAIN!!!! Hello. This reminded me of something that Pastor Joseph Prince said once..

Imagine a group of teenage boys walking down a LONG stretch of road..just goofing off and having fun. They happen to come up on a greenhouse..Nothing out of the ordinary..just a regular greenhouse. They walk on by without giving it a second glance...THEN they walk on for another block or two and come across another greenhouse. HOWEVER, This greenhouse had in BIG RED LETTERS....DO NOT THROW ROCKS AT THIS GREENHOUSE OR YOU WILL GO TO JAIL!!! LOL.. What do you think these boys would probably do or want to do??(OR you as a young boy??) They would look around and throw rocks and run..at least that is what most kids would do...Laws stir up the sin nature in everybody.. Just felt like sharing this..Gods way of thinking is not like our ways..

Location hidden

#469379 Dec 3, 2012
Well gang I've got to turn in early tonight. I've got a Doctors appointment in the morning. Have a pleasant night.

God bless.

Location hidden

#469380 Dec 3, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
Well gang I've got to turn in early tonight. I've got a Doctors appointment in the morning. Have a pleasant night.
God bless.
Goodnight. I have to get up early for work..here is a link to a great grace Preacher..You will have to get use to his accent but he really is good..Joseph Prince..http://www.josephprinc esermons.net/video.html

Have you ever listened to him?

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#469381 Dec 3, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bienvenue sur WSJLM. Il est également agréable de vous rencontrer.
Je suis sûr que vous trouverez ici ce que sont prêts à prier pour vous et vos amis. Je ne suis pas chrétien, mais moi je vous adresse mes pensées et mes bons vœux.
Puissiez-vous trouver la paix, le bonheur et la joie dans vos moments difficiles.
Bonsoir Annie, thank you for your welcome mon amie. I am a Creole and originally from New Orleans; have you ever been to New Orleans my soulmate is originally from Martinique we both live in California now. God does not give us more than we can handle, he gave me my soulmate his name is Sora you shall meet him as soon as I am done speaking with you for we are reading your response together. I am Catholic by the way. It was nice to make your acquaintance Annie and I do hope we shall meet again.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#469382 Dec 3, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bienvenue sur WSJLM. Il est également agréable de vous rencontrer.
Je suis sûr que vous trouverez ici ce que sont prêts à prier pour vous et vos amis. Je ne suis pas chrétien, mais moi je vous adresse mes pensées et mes bons vœux.
Puissiez-vous trouver la paix, le bonheur et la joie dans vos moments difficiles.
Bonsoir Annie, and thank you for your words of compassion toawrds me. You have just met Seraphine; you will find her to be a beautiful person. We have been together for fourteen years, three as friends and eleven as a couple. I am of mixed ancestry not that it matters in the eyes of our benevolent creator, but to some it does and I am fine with that; I show compassion to all people and judge none and judgement in my opinion is left for God; like Seraphine I too am Catholic. It was a priviledge and an honor to address you.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#469383 Dec 3, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
Ephesians 2:8-9
Greetings, salutations, and shalowm, Brother Red Apples.

I understand that certain pills are harder to swallow than others, but there's a serious danger in believing such a doctrine as this "once saved, always saved." The least of our concerns is becoming lukewarm. The greater concern is becoming a hypocrite. Consider the following, please and if you will.

James 2:14
What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

James 2:17
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

James 2:19-26
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Revelation 20:12-13
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

1Corinthians 13:13
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1John 3:7
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

So, what was Paul explaining to the Ephesians?

Ephesians 2:8-9

1) For by grace are ye saved through faith...

It's our faith, or unwavering belief, in grace that saves us. What does this mean?

First, what is grace, and what is it for? I offer you Zephaniah 3:15 and Isaiah 26:10. These say, "The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more." And, "Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness." In conclusion, grace is the removal of the judgement of death by the sacrifice of our anointed Savior, that we must believe without doubt, so that we can learn righteousness without fear.

2) and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

We did absolutely nothing to deserve such mercy. As a gift to us, the Son was sent to be our substitute while we were yet sinners.

3) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Before the death of our anointed Savior, salvation was, shamefully, sought after by sacrifices and oblations rather than obedience. And these are the works that Paul was alluding to. Paul was explaining that no sacrifices, nor oblations, produced such mercy from the most High. As it is, the most High "desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings (Hosea 6:6)." But, Israel never understood this.

One of the main reasons Paul's letters are so misunderstood is because people don't realize that Paul used a lot of general terms, such as "works" and "law." But, once we realize and accept this, we start understanding his letters better. To learn what Paul meant specifically, we need only to 1) learn and know the law, and 2) pay close attention to the subject matter of Paul's letters.

Until next time, Brother.

Shalowm.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469384 Dec 3, 2012
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Annie, thank you for your welcome mon amie. I am a Creole and originally from New Orleans; have you ever been to New Orleans my soulmate is originally from Martinique we both live in California now. God does not give us more than we can handle, he gave me my soulmate his name is Sora you shall meet him as soon as I am done speaking with you for we are reading your response together. I am Catholic by the way. It was nice to make your acquaintance Annie and I do hope we shall meet again.
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Annie, and thank you for your words of compassion toawrds me. You have just met Seraphine; you will find her to be a beautiful person. We have been together for fourteen years, three as friends and eleven as a couple. I am of mixed ancestry not that it matters in the eyes of our benevolent creator, but to some it does and I am fine with that; I show compassion to all people and judge none and judgement in my opinion is left for God; like Seraphine I too am Catholic. It was a priviledge and an honor to address you.
Merci beaucoup to both of you for your warm introduction. I think that you find many warm and welcoming people here on this thread. Please feel free to join in our conversations.

We are all of mixed ancestry and you are right...it should not matter...we are all as one.

I have visited New Orleans several times. It is a city rich in history and charm and the people warm and welcoming. I enjoyed all of my visits there.

Puissiez-vous tous les deux une merveilleuse nuit.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#469385 Dec 3, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
`
IN ADDITION...

I said, "First, what is grace, and what is it for? I offer you Zephaniah 3:15 and Isaiah 26:10. These say,'The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.' And,'Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness.' In conclusion, grace is the removal of the judgement of death by the sacrifice of our anointed Savior, that we must believe without doubt, so that we can learn righteousness without fear."

Again, in addition, the faith we have must be focused on the sacrifice of our anointed Savior. As I said previously, "Before the death of our anointed Savior, salvation was, shamefully, sought after by sacrifices and oblations rather than obedience." Our faith is our unwavering belief that the sacrifice of our anointed Savior makes null and void the sacrifices and oblations prescribed in the law given to Moses and Israel.

After our anointed Savior had ascended, many of Israel still desired to offer sacrifices and oblations for reconciliation and salvation. These from Israel were trying to persuade the Gentiles to adhere to this law, as well. To do so, though, proves doubt, or lack of faith. This is one of the reasons why it was said that he became a stumblingblock to Israel.

Israel couldn't imagine reconciliation and salvation by no other means but by the blood of animals, so forth and so on, as prescribed in the law. But, Paul had to explain that these sacrifices and oblations were no longer necessary. And this is why he wrote, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

It's not the sacrifice of animals that we offer up that grants us such grace and mercy, so we've nothing to boast about. It's the gift of "God" that grants us this grace and mercy, and that's the sacrifice of His only-begotten Son.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#469386 Dec 3, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
FOR THE RECORD...
When Paul mentions the law and works, he's not referring to the whole law, but those that were fulfilled on the cross. If we read his letters in context, Paul was referring to specific laws. These laws are as follows...
`1) Circumcision
2a) Sacrifices and oblations
2b) The death penalty
`3) Sabbath requirements, i.e., cooking, working, business transactions
Other than these, our faith is proven by the laws we're expected to become, i.e., love. By becoming love, we prove that we believe in those things unseen, which is primarily the coming kingdom of glory. Paul, himself, wrote extensively on the laws concerning marriage and divorce, among others.
Consider the fact that our anointed Savior didn't come to eradicate the law, but taught the spiritual aspects of the law. He taught that adhering to the mere letter of the law is unacceptable. The letter of the law is only the surface, while the spiritual aspects of the law are engraved to our hearts.
Matthew 5:17-20
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Off to work now.
This is good... I've come to believe that the ceremonial and civil portions of the Law were fulfilled... but not the moral portion of the law (ten commandments, love as you just stated and such)... good analogy on your part.

#469387 Dec 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My own belief is that works AND faith are needed.
I would agree that good works (works of love) and faith are needed. Faith without works is dead... by works, Apostle James was referring to demonstrating love. Thanks for your input.

#469388 Dec 3, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
YE SEE THEN HOW THAT BY WORKS A MAN IS JUSTIFIED, "and not" by faith only.
I can't tell you how often I glanced over this scripture but it really hits home for me now. I've never before thought as belief or "trust" in God as a work. Now I do.

I'm still looking into it but what do you think the difference between "believed" and "faith" here is? Thanks in advance.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#469389 Dec 3, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Merci beaucoup to both of you for your warm introduction. I think that you find many warm and welcoming people here on this thread. Please feel free to join in our conversations.
We are all of mixed ancestry and you are right...it should not matter...we are all as one.
I have visited New Orleans several times. It is a city rich in history and charm and the people warm and welcoming. I enjoyed all of my visits there.
Bonsoir Annie; *Smiles gently* merci beaucoup. I am pleased to know that New Orleans was pleasing to you; we shall be more than happy to join the conversations; bonne nuit.

#469390 Dec 3, 2012
Okay... I had to read it in context... Abraham basically "believed and obeyed" God.(Offering up his Son.) Abraham didn't just say he had faith, he put it into action.

And God said, "Do not lay a hand on the boy, "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."

So God basically saw that Abraham wasn't all talk, when put the test he walked the walk. Very interesting.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#469391 Dec 3, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Annie, merci beaucoup. Your welcome is most appreciated indeed. Bonn nuit and until tomorrow we shall speak more. I am sincerly looking foward to meeting all of you here.

#469392 Dec 3, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I can't tell you how often I glanced over this scripture but it really hits home for me now. I've never before thought as belief or "trust" in God as a work. Now I do.
I'm still looking into it but what do you think the difference between "believed" and "faith" here is? Thanks in advance.
Self-correction on my part... not just trust and belief laying in dormancy... but belief put into action. Belief without action (good works) is useless.

I put "good works" (works of love) to distinguish from "works of the law" (circumcision... that is put out in Ephesians 2)

#469393 Dec 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly why I think that secular marriage and religious weddings are two different things and should be kept that way.
Actually I think they are one in the same because whether a marriage is Christian or not... and there was a religious wedding or not they still would have to register with the secular, civilian register of deeds or whoever it is. I think that the politically-correct powers that be are trying to make a push that any religious persons can't refuse to marry gays or they will be sued or lose their .org status.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed then that intent is a large part of 'works'?
The way I read Jesus is that faith without 'works' is as useless as 'works' without faith.
Agreed.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
As for what constitutes 'works' in my opinion is loving our enemies, helping those less fortunate than ourselves and leaving the planet a little better than we found it.
that and in my own view may I add complete trust and obedience to the Lord.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#469394 Dec 3, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Daniel 7:21&22
Revelation 20:4
1 Corinthians 6:2&3
Saints Judgment
Revelation 19:15
John 5:26&27
Revelation 14:6&7
See Revelation 20:4&5
See 1 Corinthians 6:1-3
Excutes Judgment
Daniel 7:9&10
Acts 17:31
Revelation 14:6&7
Daniel 8:14
Judgment message
Jeremiah 10:11&12
Psalms 95:3-6
Revelation 4:10&11
Exodus 20:12
Ezekiel 20:12
Worship the Creator

2 Corinthians 5:10
James 2:10-12
Ecclesiates 12:13&14
Standard for all

Revelation 14:8
Modern Babylon

Jeremiah 51:6&7
See Daniel 5:3&4
Ancient Babylon

Revelation 17:18
See Revelation 17:3&4&9
See Revelation 18:2&4
Modern Babylon

Luke 22:20
Hebrews 8:10
Romans 8:2-4
John 6:63
Mark 7:7-9
See 2 Timothy 3:1-5
See Daniel 7:25
Revelation 17:5
Revelation 18:1-3
Cup of Christ,Cup of Babylon

Revelation 18:21-24
Revelation 18:4&5
Revelation 19:6&7
God's Call

Revelation 14:9
Revelation 14:10-12
See Isaiah 33:13 and 34:1-10
See Hebrews 12:29
Warning against false worship

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Chuck 701,679
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min nanoanomaly 80,384
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 58 min nanoanomaly 995,800
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Big Al 448,411
His Time has Come!: James Harden 2017-18 MVP!!! 10 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Chubby gay horny 12 hr Chick-fil-A-Sam 3
Any gay / bi guys wanna sext (Apr '12) 12 hr Chick-fil-A-Sam 31