Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469329 Dec 3, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Sin is sin, and God hates all sin. And God's Word says clearly the the only unforgivable sin is "blasphemy of the Holy Spirit".
Satan's sickest trick is to get someone that is saved to believe they can lose that salvation. And that God's Word isn't telling the truth when it says: "If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus Christ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead THOU SHALL BE SAVED" (Romans 10:9-10).
It doesn't say: "thou shall be saved, BUT I might take that gift back because I'm a vengeful God, and Jesus' sacrifice on the cross wasn't enough". And that Jesus lied when He said "it is finished".
And I can see a handful of believers in here have bought into that lie satan is selling. When people buy into that lie they're simply putting themselves right back under the curse of the laws that Jesus fulfilled. Trying to work their way to salvation.
Sad, truly sad.
John ... what about those that think they have a free pass to behave as they choose...then pull out the "I am forgiven" card.

Or those that have sinned...claims forgiveness...and the continues to commit that same sin...over and over.

Then there are those that sin...know they have sinned...do they need to ask forgiveness of can they keep using the original pass.

I have heard this debate all my life...

I was taught that when I was aware of sin...that I was to ask forgiveness for that sin...no blanket pass allowed.

I guess my other question would be...what if a "saved" Christian commits a sin...and never ask for forgiveness for that sin?

Are there not responsibilities when one receives a gift...even if that gift is free? What happens if one does not live up to those responsibilities?

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#469330 Dec 3, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
"H"...I am just grabbing this post in order to respond to a couple of things.
You asked...what happened afterwards...
A room full of grown men just stopped and stared at me in disbelief...I still remember the looks on their faces. After what seemed like hours they just went back to arguing.
I think that is the point that I decided in my own life to ...just let God be.
(no folks...I did not say...slam the door in his face and ignore him).
Micah was criticized by many for his fishing story with God. I understood it though...understood what he meant.
When I was a child I walked through the fields of our farm...for hours. Walking until I could walk no more. The grass would often be taller than I was and the only way to see was to look straight up.
I never worried about getting lost and not being able to find my way home...no matter how far I went...
It was during those times in the field that I could just let God be.
I think it is also where I learned that God is in the wind...he is in the parting of the clouds...the rain on my face...the color of the tall grasses that surrounded me.
I spent most of my life not sharing my thoughts...not telling anyone how I felt...I kept most everything locked inside...my fears...my needs...my wants. Only out in those fields...alone in the tall grasses could I dare even think those things. I felt free to talk to God as I needed to...not as I had been taught to.
"I felt free to talk to God as I needed to...not as I had been taught to."

Again ...

And again ...

Yet again ...

Keep going round that mountain, till you get it right ...

Consider this,
Whether one takes the Genesis story literaly or figuitively or not at all ...one truth is evident to anyone with knowledge of the story ...Adam & Eve hid because they were naked, not because their hearts were full of fear.

They had never known fear. They trusted God entirely and without prejudice.

You did good Annie ...

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#469331 Dec 3, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You're not even a Christian and you're tellin' ME?!
In all your life how many times have you stood in the barn and listened to your Dad practice his sermon?
~sheese~
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#469332 Dec 3, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
In all your life how many times have you stood in the barn and listened to your Dad practice his sermon?
~sheese~
I think you not only stood but still reside not to far away from dad barn full of horse dung, and dumpster full of old food, and plastic bottles
stinks from this barn and dumpster killed frish air-enviroment and you breath with dead stinking poisoned air

take easy, dig for shovel,clean up your barn, and make renovation

have fun mister bo boo
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#469333 Dec 3, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
John ... what about those that think they have a free pass to behave as they choose...then pull out the "I am forgiven" card.
Or those that have sinned...claims forgiveness...and the continues to commit that same sin...over and over.
Then there are those that sin...know they have sinned...do they need to ask forgiveness of can they keep using the original pass.
I have heard this debate all my life...
I was taught that when I was aware of sin...that I was to ask forgiveness for that sin...no blanket pass allowed.
I guess my other question would be...what if a "saved" Christian commits a sin...and never ask for forgiveness for that sin?
Are there not responsibilities when one receives a gift...even if that gift is free? What happens if one does not live up to those responsibilities?
Mama Annie
world christianity church debates are doctrines of devil,

they are not going to help you or save you at all?

have nice evening mama Annie

the best solution is to dig up for old stuff,pray and worship God without of any outside churchoidal debates

in this case?may God bless you mama Annie

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#469334 Dec 3, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
Name a single person that is saved that hasn't sinned after they were saved?
Now if salvation is lost if we sin than not a single person would be saved.
Sin is a "bad work", If a "bad work" can cause a person to lose the "free GIFT of salvation by the grace God through faith" than what "good work" re-attains that lost salvation?
If salvation is dependent upon our works than it isn't a gift given by the grace of God through faith as God's Holy Word says.
If something is given because of the work done it isn't a gift, it's payment for the work done.
_______
God's Word couldn't be any clearly when it says "we are saved by grace through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast".
Ephesians 2:8-9.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Agreed ...

Romans 7:
14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#469336 Dec 3, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed ...
Romans 7:
14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
good for you,my dear"saved"forever brother"

now you can kill,hates others fornicate,adultry commit,smoke pipes abuse alcohol,be gay -at end anywa you will fly to fake christians fake heavens seat together with pol pot, hitler,stalin,all popes and enjoy sinfull life eternaly
good luck my dear"brother"
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#469337 Dec 3, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>And in addition...
Hebrews 10:26-31
For if we sin wilfully (after that we have received the K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E of the truth), there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Hopefully, Doctor REALITY will see this.
Receiving the KNOWLEDGE of the truth is not the same as actually being saved. Receiving the knowledge of the truth....and REJECTING...it is why the Lord prepared that place called HELL.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#469338 Dec 3, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Chiming in and taking a moment of your time to speak of those beautiful critters.Every notice not a cross word between them every notice there manners in that type of situations.Every notice they come and go like the wind.Always with the most gentel landing on a arm or hand or shoulder.if you hum real soft at them they will stay longer on arm or hand longer mostly out of curiousity.
Just sharing with you here is all as each experience with them is never repeatable in a lifetime.
Hi Lil ...
Them ol fisherman standing around there could appreciate me feeding the birds as we all toss a shrimp to a seagull or a small fish to a pelican or share our lunch with the lil bitties ...but I don't know what might happen if I start humming to the pesky critters.
~snicker~
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#469339 Dec 3, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Receiving the KNOWLEDGE of the truth is not the same as actually being saved. Receiving the knowledge of the truth....and REJECTING...it is why the Lord prepared that place called HELL.
you are fully right
being saved and knowingly rejecting and sining against God,doesn'tsave this person anyway

your beloved friend dr Shink missed you mister dr reality?
how are you my dear brother in Christ

this topic blossom with peace,healthy discussions,debates,and nobody spread hates and blame others for all mess

for sure dr Shrink was and is not unhealthy poster causing bad confussion and divisions?
<smile> my dear dear sweet like honey comb friend dr reality
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#469340 Dec 3, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Be not mistaken, Doctor REALITY.
I, in no way, shape, or form, am in no opposition of having an assurance in either, the salvation offered us, or the salvation we've accepted. BUT...
This doesn't mean that we can, afterward, reject the same salvation we've been offered and accepted.
I'm aware of what Romans 10 through 13 says. What say you, though, regarding the scriptures I quoted? How do the scriptures I posted harmonize with this "once saved, always saved" doctrine?
Your problem is that you are so wracked with GUILT over some sin in your life that you have chosen to associate that sin with the 'temporary loss of your salvation'. If your 'post-salvation sin' is enough for you to 'lose your salvation all over again',don't you think the Lord Jesus Christ would have succeeded in His plea to His Father when He said 'Father,if it's possible,let this cup pass from Me.'?? Calvary was SUFFICENT for securing a lost soul. Your sin after salvation is a whole nother matter. A whole nother matter that can,and many times will,determine what kind of life,and oftentimes, how long a life you might have in this current world.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#469341 Dec 3, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lil ...
Them ol fisherman standing around there could appreciate me feeding the birds as we all toss a shrimp to a seagull or a small fish to a pelican or share our lunch with the lil bitties ...but I don't know what might happen if I start humming to the pesky critters.
~snicker~
if you mister feed birds and insects or animals and they seat around you or on your hands and arms?
It look like you never wash your clothes body,face and you horibly stinks attracting all kind of animals insects and birds to come to you and seat around you or on your arms,because all animals doesn't love you,only they love horible stink flowed from your not washed body,or lumps,-mostly stinks like old goat cheese

just check this and be careful because danger wild bees can damage your body sensed by dirty sweet stinking poison like burning brimstones

have nice night and be always clean sober, happy and love everyone,me too?

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#469342 Dec 3, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Yep... I mean, nope... I'll drive. You keep everyone entertained.
:p
Load a couple of coolers full of yummy kid stuff ...
I'll bring my camera.
It will be a blast.
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#469343 Dec 3, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Be not mistaken, Doctor REALITY.
I, in no way, shape, or form, am in no opposition of having an assurance in either, the salvation offered us, or the salvation we've accepted. BUT...
This doesn't mean that we can, afterward, reject the same salvation we've been offered and accepted.
I'm aware of what Romans 10 through 13 says. What say you, though, regarding the scriptures I quoted? How do the scriptures I posted harmonize with this "once saved, always saved" doctrine?
How can you retain your salvation through your 'post salvation righteousness' when your SIN NATURE continues to dwell in your being with your NEW NATURE like the AIDS virus being kept in check by the Holy Spirit??
Rufus P Mudbone Junia

North Little Rock, AR

#469344 Dec 3, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Is it fair to save a dying thief on a cross but yet send someone to hell who truly accepted Christ years ago??
Now that's what I'm talkin''bout,bowy!! Speak tha' truth,son!! Speak it!!!!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#469345 Dec 3, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me Grace what scriptures are you basing that on? Where does Jesus say to love others more than yourself?
Remember...that second greatest commandment said..."as yourself".
Please don't think that I am trying to be argumentative...I am more trying to reconcile something in my own mind.
My example growing up and what I was taught by my mother is exactly what you have said...put others before yourself.
Hi Annie,
I don't think that you are trying to argue with me. here is where I got that from though..

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves..Philippians 2:3

Romans 12:10 :Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Matthew 22:34–40

But when the Pharisees heard that He had put the Sadducees to silence, they gathered themselves together. And one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" And He said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it,'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#469346 Dec 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible contradicts itself constantly.
This is PROOF that you are nothing but a LYING son of the devil.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#469347 Dec 3, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Your problem is that you are so wracked with GUILT over some sin in your life that you have chosen to associate that sin with the 'temporary loss of your salvation'. If your 'post-salvation sin' is enough for you to 'lose your salvation all over again',don't you think the Lord Jesus Christ would have succeeded in His plea to His Father when He said 'Father,if it's possible,let this cup pass from Me.'?? Calvary was SUFFICENT for securing a lost soul. Your sin after salvation is a whole nother matter. A whole nother matter that can,and many times will,determine what kind of life,and oftentimes, how long a life you might have in this current world.
let me add
truly saved by God ,receive from God direct help to not sin anymore
and in this way we can say...one time saved is always saved.

but if christian claim to be Saved?and live wicked adoltorous life,or fornicate,or abuse alcohol,drugs, etc......
this person doesn't loose his/her salavation because they never were SAVED BY GODS GRACE,AND NEVER WERE ACCEPTED BY GOD AS ADOPTED CHILDREN OF GOD

truly saved never fail,if they sin/they receive at first heavy chastisment,punish by God,they repent with cry and receive forgiveness of their sins

truly saved never enter ranks of wicked ones, because Holy Spirit keep them separate from all polutions of this world

do you understand now biblical meaning to be truly saved by direct intervention of Holy Spirit ?not by help of pastor or church on this earth?

God bless you my dear dr Reality ramboo bambooooo

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#469348 Dec 3, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't talking religion G, I was just asking if the Jews mention in their Talmud that JESUS is our Savior in response to your posting.....
The Jews in general acknowledge that Jesus was one of many failed Messiahs. Note that there is no shame placed upon Him for that. It is just a fact that the Jewish Messiah's work has yet to be done. A fact even acknowledged by Christian beliefs in a second comming. It is in this secind coming that the work of the Messiah will be fulfilled. Both Jews and Muslims agree with Christianity on this matter. It is only Christianity that is calling Him Messiah before He is the Messiah.

It is much like calling a presidential candidate "Mr. President" before the election. Bad form at best, dishonest at worst.
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#469349 Dec 3, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sad...is it not?
The thief of the cross was not to justify "once saved always saved" nor was it to use as an excuse that if you say..."I believe"...then what you do after that is of no consequence.
Think DR think...what was Jesus telling us right before his own death?
The salvation of the thief on the cross was a REMINDER that salvation is a ONE TIME EVENT,afterwhich the Lord will 'in no wise cast you out'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Travesty 51,886
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min nanoanomaly 991,964
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min kent 693,221
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 57 min Peter Ross 445,981
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 1 hr __The Clown Master__ 2,470
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,736
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 2 hr WelbyMD 15
More from around the web