Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#469279 Dec 3, 2012
REVELATION

Rev 1:7 (Part 10)

"Look, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; AND ALL THE PEOPLES OF THE EARTH WILL MOURN BECAUSE OF HIM. SO SHALL IT BE! Amen."

1. And ALL the peoples of the earth: "All" pretty much means that, it means every single last one - Rich, poor, young, old, believer & unbeliever alike. According to this prophecy, no one will be left out and unaccounted for. I believe Jesus mentioned before his death & resurrection, that even very strand of hair is accounted for on each person. At least He alluded to that (Matthew 10:30)... so that being the case, who will be able to escape or go around the coming Judgement?

2. Will mourn because of Him - What is every body crying about? I think it will be more than just that... I think many will try to rub their eyes to make sure what they are seeing is real, "I mean, is... is that really.. is that Jesus?" They will rub their eyes faster and harder. Some will pinch or beat themselves in order to try and wake up out of the horrible, what-seems-to-be nightmare. Some might even curse their own luck. But in that sure future, no one will be able to run, hide, go back to their homes or wake-up. I'm reminded of how the prophet Isaiah first saw a vision of the Lord and He knew by what he saw, that he was a dead man. Here is what Isaiah said to himself:

Isaiah: "Then I said, "It's all over! I am doomed, for I am a sinful man. I have filthy lips, and I live among a people with filthy lips. Yet I have seen the King, the LORD of Heaven's Armies."
Isaiah 6:1-6

a. But the Lord used Isaiah, and centuries later Peter even felt convicted as Jesus did a miracle and asked Jesus to leave him - but Jesus used Peter... but on that Day of Judgement it will pretty much be close to the last act of mankind, as far as the former things went.

3. I looked up the word "mourn" in the interlinear and it uses the word "wail" instead of mourn.

a. Here's a definition of Wail - A prolonged high-pitched cry of pain, grief, or anger.

4. So shall it be!- According to John, this prophecy is sure to come true.

a. Jesus: "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."

b. Did you know that Noah preached to them for about 125 years? But the ones that he warned that an impending judgement was coming, they mocked and scorned him. History merely repeats itself.

c. Jesus:“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him."

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#469280 Dec 3, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I understand, if you read onto verse 11 you will see where circumcision vs uncircumcision is mentioned and the basis for this portion of the letter to the gentile christians in ephesus... The Judaizers, it's a long story...
That is from Matthew 7 and has nothing to do with Paul or 'Judaizers'(AKA Eboinites, Jerusalem Church, Church of James, NOT Pharisees).

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matthew 7:22-23

“"None shall pass"”

There

#469281 Dec 3, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>They are more prepared to be fishermen then those who have never read books on fishing.
Until they actually fish they are nothing. A child with a cane rod and a safety pin is more of a fisherman than one who can recite Izaac Walton from memory.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#469283 Dec 3, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Romans 10-13
Be not mistaken, Doctor REALITY.

I, in no way, shape, or form, am in no opposition of having an assurance in either, the salvation offered us, or the salvation we've accepted. BUT...

This doesn't mean that we can, afterward, reject the same salvation we've been offered and accepted.

I'm aware of what Romans 10 through 13 says. What say you, though, regarding the scriptures I quoted? How do the scriptures I posted harmonize with this "once saved, always saved" doctrine?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#469284 Dec 3, 2012
Jesus Christ may have suffered from schizophrenia, according to the Christian gospels. What would Jesus do? Jesus would urge pilfering, partake in temper tantrums, disrespect authority figures, abuse animals, practice bigotry and insult Gentiles.

Jesus encouraged the beating of slaves in Luke 12:47-48. Is this an example of moral superiority? Why did Jesus, the unrivaled moral example, never once speak out against slavery? Why did the loving, wise Son of God forget to mention that slavery is a brutal institution? The answer is because Jesus supported slavery! The Old Testament endorses and encourages slavery, and Jesus, being equal to God, supposedly wrote the old Judaic laws, so he had to support slavery. The writers of the gospels refused to denounce slavery because they could not conceive that there was anything wrong with it. Also read Colossians 3:22, Ephesians 6:5, First Timothy 6:1-2, Leviticus 25:44-46 and Exodus 21.

Jesus displayed violent and irrational behavior. Jesus cast some demons into pigs, and the whole herd of pigs ran violently down a steep cliff into the sea, and perished in the waters (Matthew 8:32). This is animal cruelty. Why not show a little more respect for life? In Matthew 10:34 Jesus said,“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.” In Luke 22:36 Jesus told his apostles,“If you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.” In Matthew 21:12, Jesus probably had a schizophrenic seizure:“Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. Jesus overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.” This violent act of vandalism probably injured some innocent doves too.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469285 Dec 3, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
I Agape Annie too.....

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469286 Dec 3, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
* However, Once I learn to love myself, I should put the concerns of others before my own.*
Can you tell me Grace what scriptures are you basing that on? Where does Jesus say to love others more than yourself?

Remember...that second greatest commandment said..."as yourself".

Please don't think that I am trying to be argumentative...I am more trying to reconcile something in my own mind.

My example growing up and what I was taught by my mother is exactly what you have said...put others before yourself.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#469287 Dec 3, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me Grace what scriptures are you basing that on? Where does Jesus say to love others more than yourself?
Remember...that second greatest commandment said..."as yourself".
Please don't think that I am trying to be argumentative...I am more trying to reconcile something in my own mind.
My example growing up and what I was taught by my mother is exactly what you have said...put others before yourself.
Isn't that from Star Trek ?

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

Something the rich and powerful never do.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469288 Dec 3, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
We all pick & choose and withdraw. The no. 1 reason would probably be that it is a defense mechanism ...much like the little birds today. I am sure there were some that wouldn't allow themselves to retrieve a peice of donut no matter how strong the urge. And then there was the one that poked the end of my finger causing me to not only jerk my hand back inside, but also gave me second thoughts about hand feeding in the first place. Had the sea gulls of come around, I probably would of stopped hand feeding all together I'm sure.
The same is true with humans, all bias aside. Is self-preservation wrong? Is self-preservation a sin? I'm sure not. I mean who in their right mind is going to extend a hand to someone who may tear off the arm and beat one with it? Not I ...
Now I'm sure there are those who will attempt to use the "faith" logic to prove the fear is unfounded ...then let them use their own hand ...let them show by example. The idea that one can remove a thorn from the paw of a lion and make a lifelong friend is a childs story.
This is all very basic ...I haven't even touched on hate, selfishness, etc.
The point is; one does what one can, when one can. Looking away in the interest of self-preservation does not make one a lesser person anymore than trading places with one less fortunit makes one a saint. The point is; we're still left with one that has, and one that has not. Ain't life grand?
As human beings yes that is what most of us do...we withdraw from those that we assume might "rip our arms off".

I am looking beyond out natural instincts though and looking at it from a biblical stand point.

That second greatest commandment had no qualifiers...no exceptions...no if this or if that. It did not say withdraw even if you are afraid.

The "as yourself" is what I believe that it hinges on. Is our ability to love our neighbor just a reflection of how we love ourselves?

Or vice versa...is our hatred for our neighbor a reflection of how we hate ourselves.

As I said...some conversations that I read triggered these thoughts...then turned in to reflection upon my own self.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#469289 Dec 3, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, I am not sure if you like contemporary christian music but if you do, listen to this song..it speaks exactly of what you just said. It reminded me of this song..I hope you enjoy it..especially when he starts talking instead of singing..awesome message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oX4k4DouqgkXX
Good morning, thank you for providing the link, right now my internet connection is a little too slow to download most videos but I'll try to find time to dowmload it at work, thanks again and you have a Blessed day.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469290 Dec 3, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey J,
"H"...I am just grabbing this post in order to respond to a couple of things.

You asked...what happened afterwards...

A room full of grown men just stopped and stared at me in disbelief...I still remember the looks on their faces. After what seemed like hours they just went back to arguing.

I think that is the point that I decided in my own life to ...just let God be.

(no folks...I did not say...slam the door in his face and ignore him).

Micah was criticized by many for his fishing story with God. I understood it though...understood what he meant.

When I was a child I walked through the fields of our farm...for hours. Walking until I could walk no more. The grass would often be taller than I was and the only way to see was to look straight up.

I never worried about getting lost and not being able to find my way home...no matter how far I went...

It was during those times in the field that I could just let God be.

I think it is also where I learned that God is in the wind...he is in the parting of the clouds...the rain on my face...the color of the tall grasses that surrounded me.

I spent most of my life not sharing my thoughts...not telling anyone how I felt...I kept most everything locked inside...my fears...my needs...my wants. Only out in those fields...alone in the tall grasses could I dare even think those things. I felt free to talk to God as I needed to...not as I had been taught to.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#469291 Dec 3, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
Experiencing God Day By Day:
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.(2 Timothy 3:16-17)
All Scripture is profitable! Knowing this, we cheat ourselves when we do not access every book, every truth, every verse, and every page of our Bibles for the promises and commands God has for us. Because every verse of Scripture is inspired by God and gainful to us, we should not pick and choose which verses we will read and study. We should not claim verses we like and ignore those that convict us! If we are to become mature disciples of Jesus, we must allow every Scripture to speak to us and teach us what God desires us to learn. Scripture enables us to evaluate the soundness of doctrines that are being taught. Scripture ought to be the basis for any reproof or correction we bring to another.
If you are not firmly grounded in God’s Word, you will be bombarded with an assortment of doctrines, lifestyles, and behaviors, and you will have no means to evaluate whether or not they are of God. You cannot develop a righteous life apart from God’s Word. Righteousness must be cultivated. As you fill your mind with the words of God, and as you obey His instructions, He will guide you in the ways of righteousness. Scripture will equip you for any good work God calls you to do. If you feel inadequate for a task God has given you, search the Scriptures, for within them you will find the wisdom you need to carry out His assignment. Allow the Word of God to permeate, guide, and enrich your life.
Good morning HFN, excellent advice ans all so true, have a Blessed day.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#469292 Dec 3, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Thank you for this day and for Your many blessings. Please help me to have the right perspective on things. Life is short and eternity is forever. I want to start each day with a review of my priorities, and a tentative plan for where I will invest my time and energy, so that I will be sure to do what really matters. Please give me Your priorities for my life. Guide and direct my every step. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen, good morning Epi.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#469293 Dec 3, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>And in addition...
Hebrews 10:26-31
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
What Doctor REALITY must realize is that there are stipulations to salvation that must NOT be ignored. Every time the term "if" appears in scripture, this is a stipulation. For instance, 1Corinthians 15:2 says, "By which also ye are saved, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain." Romans 11:22 says, "Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off."
Even our anointed Savior made clear this stipulation when he said, "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: BUT he that endureth to the end shall be saved (Matt 10:22)," and "BUT he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved (Matt 24:13)."
Yes, the term "but" serves as a stipulation, also.
There are so many more, but this should be enough. Hopefully, Doctor REALITY will see this.
I agree completely.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#469294 Dec 3, 2012
If we can lose our salvation "because of our works" than salvation by grace through faith in God wouldn't be true. Because if our works would condemn us than our works would also be what saves us.

God's Holy Word says otherwise. God's Holy Word says grace through faith in God saves us, not our works.

Ephesians 2:8-9.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#469295 Dec 3, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
"H"...I am just grabbing this post in order to respond to a couple of things.
You asked...what happened afterwards...
A room full of grown men just stopped and stared at me in disbelief...I still remember the looks on their faces. After what seemed like hours they just went back to arguing.
I think that is the point that I decided in my own life to ...just let God be.
(no folks...I did not say...slam the door in his face and ignore him).
Micah was criticized by many for his fishing story with God. I understood it though...understood what he meant.
When I was a child I walked through the fields of our farm...for hours. Walking until I could walk no more. The grass would often be taller than I was and the only way to see was to look straight up.
I never worried about getting lost and not being able to find my way home...no matter how far I went...
It was during those times in the field that I could just let God be.
I think it is also where I learned that God is in the wind...he is in the parting of the clouds...the rain on my face...the color of the tall grasses that surrounded me.
I spent most of my life not sharing my thoughts...not telling anyone how I felt...I kept most everything locked inside...my fears...my needs...my wants. Only out in those fields...alone in the tall grasses could I dare even think those things. I felt free to talk to God as I needed to...not as I had been taught to.
"Until you can see the face of God in a blade of grass, you will never hear the voice of God in the wind."

Thanks for the reminder, Annie.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#469296 Dec 3, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
If we can lose our salvation "because of our works" than salvation by grace through faith in God wouldn't be true. Because if our works would condemn us than our works would also be what saves us.
God's Holy Word says otherwise. God's Holy Word says grace through faith in God saves us, not our works.
Ephesians 2:8-9.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
True.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#469297 Dec 3, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
God's Holy Word says otherwise....
The Bible contradicts itself constantly.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469300 Dec 3, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Is it fair to save a dying thief on a cross but yet send someone to hell who truly accepted Christ years ago??
I think that you are not truly understanding the message in saving the dying thief.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469301 Dec 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"Until you can see the face of God in a blade of grass, you will never hear the voice of God in the wind."
Thanks for the reminder, Annie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Whiskey Ben Solo 17,216
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Billary Killed Se... 683,922
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Hukt on Fonix 983,249
That's all your good for God!!! 1 hr doG mnDaed lHyo i... 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr ChromiuMan 6,420
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr RottenR3d 46,266
We need better RideShare in Austin 14 hr RideshareDriverLi... 1
More from around the web