“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#469176 Dec 2, 2012
Prince Helmut Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
you are right
once saved is not always saved,
because transgressions commited by saved person rejected Gods grace and His mercy,
it was same with chosen unfaithful Israel,it is same with single ones today saved by grace,and fallen because of their deadly sins according to 2 Peter 2;20;22
inspired words of apostle Peter are directed to saved once, escaped polutions of this world,and start doing same before saving,
........The dog is turned to his own viomits again; and the saw that was washed( from sins by Gods grace)to her wallowing in the mire.
have great and blessed sunday L100
I am with you same identical biblical beliefs
this is awasome,becaause our beliefs are based on Bible ,completly strange not known humans from second side of this world
it makes me happy to read my thoughts from second outseide poster
Thanks BTJ, you have a Blessed rest of your sunday too.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#469177 Dec 2, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Five were truly saved,five weren't. What's so hard about that?? Que,Satan delights in tormenting believers about their security. He can't have their soul,so he goes for the next best thing: their peace of mind. Just keepin' it...REAL.
All 10 were considered "set apart" or "sanctified"... hence the use of the word virgins. They all expected the Bridegroom to return. 5 were "ready" and 5 were not ready. The five that were not ready were cast into outer darkness even though they begged The Lord to let them in,.
After we accept Christ Jesus as Savior, we are expected to change our lifestyle into a godly one. The problem is that some Believers take their salvation for granted and eventually go right back into an ungodly lifestyle. That don't mean that their conversion wasn't genuine... it just means that they were unprepared. Still yet, they got cast out.

“Saved. ”

#469178 Dec 2, 2012
So if I know that I'm a Christian... I'm expected to do what God expects of me. Take having sex outside the marriage covenant and I'm a Christian... you mean I can just go out there and screw around... and then yet claim Once Saved Always Saved? How crazy is that? The only thing that doctrine does is excuse one to go out there and do whatever I want.

Do you think that when the Lord return those Christians who eventually backslid and are shacking up (unmarried) living an ungodly lifestyle are going to meet The Lord in the air?

I can tell you that unless they repent they are not going to enter The Kingdom of God.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469179 Dec 2, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Before I answer let me ask you this to see if you already have an answer to my former statement.... Who do you consider the 5 wise and 5 foolish virgins to be? In your answer (if you are able to provide one) would that be fact or your own personal belief?
You might find this useful...it is the outline form for the parable that you are discussing and explains each part as it goes along.

http://executableoutlines.com/pa/pa_16.htm

“Saved. ”

#469180 Dec 2, 2012
Prince Helmut Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
have great and blessed sunday L100
I am with you same identical biblical beliefs
this is awasome,becaause our beliefs are based on Bible ,completly strange not known humans from second side of this world
it makes me happy to read my thoughts from second outseide poster
Are you saying that Lawest 100 agrees with you also that there are two distinct, individual gods? Have you ever wondered why your nose is so brown?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#469181 Dec 2, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
So if I know that I'm a Christian... I'm expected to do what God expects of me. Take having sex outside the marriage covenant and I'm a Christian... you mean I can just go out there and screw around... and then yet claim Once Saved Always Saved? How crazy is that? The only thing that doctrine does is excuse one to go out there and do whatever I want.
Do you think that when the Lord return those Christians who eventually backslid and are shacking up (unmarried) living an ungodly lifestyle are going to meet The Lord in the air?
I can tell you that unless they repent they are not going to enter The Kingdom of God.
Good evening Q, we are in agreement on this one.

“Saved. ”

#469182 Dec 2, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You might find this useful...it is the outline form for the parable that you are discussing and explains each part as it goes along.
http://executableoutlines.com/pa/pa_16.htm
thank you for link annie...

“Saved. ”

#469183 Dec 2, 2012
Have a good one folks... heading out.

:)

“Saved. ”

#469184 Dec 2, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening Q, we are in agreement on this one.
Amen lawest, have a good one.
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

#469188 Dec 2, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
Theres is no life living person just a pile of bones buried,I dont worship dead animals or people and this jesus cant love doesnt exist??

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#469190 Dec 2, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I think that if I ever came into some good money, I'm going to treat everybody here to a trip to Disney World... lol.
I've been to both, world and land ...therefore I beseech you; use my ticket on a deserving child that otherwise might not get to go ...see to it that the child has a good meal prior to so that (s)he can enjoy the day without the pangs of hunger, see to it that there is enough for rides, shows, treats, and take many pictures of smiling faces ...see to it that laughter wins the day, and make sure that the child is thoroughly exhausted at days end. You do this and I'll have my gift.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#469193 Dec 2, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning to you!
You are not butting in. The post was addressed to Grace but it was inspired by all of us.
Jesus went on to say that all of the law hinges on these two commandments. IMO...as if to say...if you can do these two things...you will have accomplished all that I ask.
Sounds simple doesn't it...maybe it is...maybe we just get so wrapped up in all the rest that we cause these two simple commandments to be difficult.
I love the phrase "love thy neighbor" but I have a tendency to leave out "as yourself". Maybe that is why loving your neighbor is so difficult.
Maybe I should have asked the question...what does it mean to "love ourself". IMO...that is as much part of that commandment as "neighbor" is. It is what I sometimes struggle with the most.
I know though that when I am "okay" with myself that it is easier to be "okay" with the world around me and with others.
Hey J,
Perhaps it's too simple.
IOW, life is about hands ...keep one close and extend the other.

While waiting for Sears to open this morning (noon on Sunday) I went to the donut shop for an apple fritter and a cinnamon bun then out by KSC to look at the water and enjoy. As usual I ended up sharing with the local birds ...crows, blackbirds, and those ones like OYE put on u-tube. Anyway, I was sitting in my pickup holding a peice of c-bun out the window and they would take it straight from my fingers ...some even landed on my hand for a few seconds. It was neat.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#469194 Dec 2, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I used to believe in once saved always saved... Anyone putting their hand to the plow and looking back is not fit for the Kingdom of God... unless an apostate, of course, repents from a habitual life of sin.
There were 5 wise virgins and 5 foolish virgins... both groups are considered to be believers (invited to the wedding feast)... but only 5 made it into it.
Another good case for "more than faith" required. Thanks.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#469195 Dec 2, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Like being born of The Spirit plays a feminine role...
Yup.

'Baptism' is common in several religions and the waters represent the amniotic fluid of the womb. One is ritually born out of the Earth into the spiritul realm.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#469196 Dec 2, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
Being born of the Spirit certainly doesn't play a masculine or "it" role. Smile.
Agreed.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#469197 Dec 2, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Only in your carnal mind. All that's talking about is people who have 'tasted' the Gospel Message without actually accepting it.
No "doctor" yours, didn't you read the scripture saying "those who were partakers of the HOLY GHOST" meaning backsliders, ask God to give you the ability to rightly divine the scriptures.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#469198 Dec 2, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Another good case for "more than faith" required. Thanks.
Have to be fair and add that there is an excellent case for "more than works", too:

"Many will say to me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly,‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’" MAtthew 7:22-23

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#469199 Dec 2, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry Epi and apolize to you that was not my intent.
No....I was just kidding...You don't have to apologize for anything

:-)

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#469200 Dec 2, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Grace!
What do you consider..."loving all people"? How do you go about doing that and how do you show that love to others?
If all those people that you are loving does not feel that love...are they just blind or is there something possibly wrong with the love that you are showing?
Has the phrase "love your neighbor" been said so often that it has become a cliche? Have we come to depend on saying the words "love your neighbor" as a way to replace the action of "love your neighbor".
Just what is it to "love your neighbor".
From a Christians standpoint "loving your neighbor" includes concern for their salvation. I have to ask though...is that love shown by harassing...belittling...denig rating...your neighbor at all costs? Is that what Jesus meant?
Did he want you to use people's family...illnesses...past lives to beat them over the head until they submitted?
Did he instruct to call them every name in the book...wish them beaten, raped and murdered in order to scare them into believing?
Again...I will ask...what does it mean to "love your neighbor".
So much research has been done to figure out the hidden mysteries of the Bible...I can't help but wonder...how much time has been spent on trying to find out just how we are to "love your neighbor".
Personally...I find that first greatest commandment much easier to follow....the second much more difficult.
Matthew 5
46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
Luke 6
32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that.
These are my favorite passages in the Bible. I have read them so many times trying to incorporate them in to my own set of beliefs. It is difficult.
It is so easy to love those that love you...but it takes all that I have to love those that do not love me in return.
Matthew 22
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Have you ever wondered why it reads as it does? Why were the words "as yourself" included?
IMO it is telling us that before you can love your neighbor...you must first love yourself. If you do not...how can you even begin to follow that second greatest commandment? Then and only then can you love them as much.
Do you think...that some Christians will reflect on to others what they hate about themselves?
Verse 39 says...and the second is like it. IMO saying that the 2nd is as the lst...giving it equal importance...as if to say...you can not truly do one without the other.
Does "love" on include being concerned about their salvation...or does it also include kindness...compassion...forgiv eness...
What did Jesus mean when he said..."as yourself"?
Maybe what is wrong...we have a whole world full of people that can not love themselves.
Maybe that is where that saying came from that you have to love yourself before you can love someone else.
Okay..out of room...sorry.:-(
Good Morning Annie,
You ask a very important question and as i have said many times before; I admire the way you think. IMHO, Yes, We have to love ourself in order to love others. However, Once I learn to love myself, I should put the concerns of others before my own. Thats not always easy to do. The salvation of others is very important to a Christian but without showing kindness, compassion, sympathy and empathy first; then what evidence of Christ are we showing to someone whose salvation is in question?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#469201 Dec 2, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Annie,
You ask a very important question and as i have said many times before; I admire the way you think. IMHO, Yes, We have to love ourself in order to love others. However, Once I learn to love myself, I should put the concerns of others before my own. Thats not always easy to do. The salvation of others is very important to a Christian but without showing kindness, compassion, sympathy and empathy first; then what evidence of Christ are we showing to someone whose salvation is in question?
Yeap, as the Bible points out without charity we are as a sounding brass and a tinkerling symbol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min confrinting with ... 573,685
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 12 min someone 1,903
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min photoNewsYTube 808,925
____ANTICHRIST ID'd on world stage____ 26 min photoNewsYTube 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Commander Bunny 268,798
Who would like Darwins Theory of Evolution take... (Dec '10) 32 min Man of Science 48,301
Rudy Giuliani is right about Obama 54 min Lawrence Wolf 6
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 23 hr Curious_Guy1 161
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 23 hr Coco 202
More from around the web