Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>You're absolutely right. No scriptures exist where our anointed Savior addressed his mother plainly. We only know Mary was his mother because the authors of the "New Testament" wrote of their relationship. And you're right, too, about our anointed Savior instructing John to care for Mary. Proverbs 18:24 says, "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." John was such a friend. But, as to our anointed Savior calling his mother "Woman," and in case we aren't aware of this, the term "woman" was used as a term of endearment among many ancient nations. It was a way of acknowledging that the woman was worthy of respect and beyond a juvenile mentality. I only mention this because I've actually heard some claim that our anointed Savior was openly belittling Mary when he called her "Woman."
Until next time, my friend.
Thanks BLL... it's interesting to note that out of that shekina cloud that was on the mount of transfiguration the voice said that this is my beloved Son, hear ye him... and Mary had said about Jesus, "whatever He tells you to do, do it." Shekina cloud also referenced to The Holy Spirit in the OT... anyways, food for some thought.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because most people can not grasp that which is so vastly different from them, like God, so they have to use poor words.
We use women's names for hurricanes, does that make them female ?
In France, all flowers are femenine so how do they reproduce ?
All people are Homo Sapiens, a male term, so women do not exist or women aren't human ?
For those inanimate and sometimes animate things we can also us "it" "that" "this"... but the same is not true in calling God. Although some call The Holy Spirit an "it"... but that isn't true either.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
I believe the first thing to realize is that Satan isn't some pseudo-deity out there but our own "sinful nature". Note that animals can't be evil just humans.
I believe it is part of us being gods. We have the ability to be a creator or a destroyer. The choice is ours, not God's, Satan's or even Jesus'.
What ever we are, we can only blame ourselves.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist." --Charles Baudelaire

I can agree that none other are responsible for our own thoughts, actions, reactions, and speech. The devil will pay for his own transgressions, as well. And one of his transgressions is introducing transgression to the world. Had he not introduced transgression to the world, our only so-called "experience" would be merely a concept. When the devil tempted Eve, it was more than just knowing good and evil that he offered, but experiencing good and evil more than anything else. The proverbial "fruit" of this proverbial "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" must have included guilt, as the first chosen couple must have experienced guilt after first experiencing disobedience.

I guess my point is, I believe it's unwise to disregard what's written as true even to a minor degree, because of a surety, man would not have limited himself as to what was considered acceptable and unacceptable, and civilized and barbaric. There were many cultures that accepted what's called "fornication" in the bible, and they flourished as a society and civilization. Man, alone, couldn't and can't discern what's truly "righteous" and "evil." And as far as animals are concerned, they can't be "evil," because animals aren't prohibited as people are, by any prescribed law. But, if we were to label animals as such, it's been proven that animals, indeed, have an "evil" nature, as well.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Edit: Those other things we can use "it"... but the same is not true in calling God an "it'. God in christendom is never used as an "it"... that's my point, if someone says God is genderless and then in the next few words they upset for callin Him anything but Father... then that is talking out of both sides of their mouth.

I know that God is The Father... so is he a genderless Father?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Qu_innocence wrote:
You know I read this.. then I re-read it... I'm going to have to re-read it again 2morrow I guess because there is a lot going on here. From what I always believed, and it is hard to forumulate into words, but do you remember when Jesus said that you must first bind the strongman and then you can get to the spoils (the goods)... I had always though that maybe the enemy used that sort of principle to take over the rulership of the earth. In other words, Eve is like the strongman.. that he understood that he could get the goods by bringing her down first. That sort of thing.
As far as Kingdom of priests, I definitely do get that part.
If you can recall, which you'll most likely read again when you do read it again, I said, "And this is only one reason why the devil chose to meet with Eve instead of Adam." The other coincides with what you asserted. It's written, "Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered (1Peter 3:7)."

My point is, there do exist positive and negative aspects to the term "god." Either, we can take advantage of such allowance, or we can take it for granted. Eve, by the devil's deceptive instruction, took it for granted. But, I believe it's a must we take advantage of such allowance. Again, the term and definition should be perceived as an objective and not a level of authority to be usurped.

I'm calling it a night. Until next time, my Brother.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> Because we are real people behind our messages..Do you have a registered acct...as well????????
Bonsoir mon amie; I do not believe we have met before. Allow me to intoroduce myself my name is Seraphine (My real name). I also would like to say my heart bleeds for you and the tragic death of your brother. I have yet to experience a death in my family but my soulmate is suffering still and needs prayer for healing I will ask him to speak with all of you. I shall allow him to tell his story of what happened I helped him through the worst of it but he had to see it.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

*Introduce*

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Eric and Lyle wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome back,Juice
. Even though you're in Nevada and we're in Cali we can still talk
. If you had used a piece with a silencer,you wouldn't have made such a mess. Oopsies! We can't talk,huh Juice? Well,guess there's not much difference between a barking Akita and a silencer,huh? I sure miss my Porsche I bought after I blasted mom and pop
Peace,Juice.
Close relative of Doc Pseudo-Reality, by chance?

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>You're absolutely right. No scriptures exist where our anointed Savior addressed his mother plainly. We only know Mary was his mother because the authors of the "New Testament" wrote of their relationship. And you're right, too, about our anointed Savior instructing John to care for Mary. Proverbs 18:24 says, "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." John was such a friend. But, as to our anointed Savior calling his mother "Woman," and in case we aren't aware of this, the term "woman" was used as a term of endearment among many ancient nations. It was a way of acknowledging that the woman was worthy of respect and beyond a juvenile mentality. I only mention this because I've actually heard some claim that our anointed Savior was openly belittling Mary when he called her "Woman."
Until next time, my friend.
Hello Brother, good to 'see' you. Not here as much , must concentrate time endeavours to greater fruit-bearing.

Just a 'tidbit', the term you refer is also used that way still in some Asian countries today, as well as it was among their royalty.

You have a good night...

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Very wise decision, my Brother.
Even I don't refer to myself as a god. Nor, do I believe I deserve such acknowledgement. But, I believe it's most important that we do realize that this most honorable vocation is granted to all of us, as this gives us yet another objective to achieve. And as far as I believe, even if one has reached such a status, that one still wouldn't even acknowledge it. Rather, they would continue on their journey toward becoming the epitome of Love? In other words, true gods never realize they're gods in the sense of perfection, but might regarding the fact that they've become acceptable examples for others and have a firm understanding that allows them to discern between what's acceptable and what's not.
And for the record, a person can only become a god after they've accepted the most humble of profiles and have become the epitome of humility.
Until next time, my Brother.
<smile> Interesting thought , but one must tread carefully,spiritual attainment must be tempered with humility.

"....even if one has reached such a status, that one still wouldn't even acknowledge it."

Reminds me of the "Proverbs 31 Woman" - I contend a Proverbs 31 woman would never know she's one or, if conscience of it, place a 'trumpet to the lips' in announcement of such.

A hint for you single guys reading, if an all 'glossolali-ed' up nice church-babe tries to sell you on "...and I'm a Proverbs 31 woman,I'll be a blessing for you..." - Run...-like Cypher told Neo in the Matrix -"Run your a-- off"

Friendly piece of advice, words of experience <wink>

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

*.*.*.Morning*.*.*.*

“We do not have a privileged access to reality.
So many of us live either in the past or the future and betray the moment and in some sense
we forget to live our lives.”

~ Joe Hutto

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Today's Prayer
Dear God, "It's the simple things..." The simple things in life are the things that can irritate me and the things that can bring me the most pleasure. I want to thank you for the small things and the simple things. Like the widow's mite, a small thing to one person can be great thing to someone else. Please help me to stop and think before I react to little things that irritate me. Help me to always appreciate the simple things of life, for they are truly what I enjoy. Thank you for the beaches, mountains, lakes and forests; thank you for the light and warmth of the sun and the freshness and life in cooling rain; thank you for the wildflower so bright and pretty and the singing bird so beautiful; thank you for a child's love and a pet's devotion; thank you for a baby's breath and an old person's smile; thank you for a glass of cold water on a hot summer day. I could go on and on because there are endless things to be thankful for, but the greatest of all is love. I love you. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Encouraging Words...

“The godly walk with integrity; blessed are their children who follow them.”

Proverbs 20:7

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
<smile> Interesting thought , but one must tread carefully,spiritual attainment must be tempered with humility.
"....even if one has reached such a status, that one still wouldn't even acknowledge it."
Reminds me of the "Proverbs 31 Woman" - I contend a Proverbs 31 woman would never know she's one or, if conscience of it, place a 'trumpet to the lips' in announcement of such.
A hint for you single guys reading, if an all 'glossolali-ed' up nice church-babe tries to sell you on "...and I'm a Proverbs 31 woman,I'll be a blessing for you..." - Run...-like Cypher told Neo in the Matrix -"Run your a-- off"
Words of experience...huh?....:-)

Yes....A Proverbs 31 woman wouldn't say anything about it...It would show in her actions.

Hope you are doing good Jack

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

~*~*~*~*~*

Hope everyone has a BLESSED day today

~*~*~*~*~*
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

http://news.yahoo.com/murder-suicide-involvin... I totally agree with the one person,which I believe was a Chiefs football player,that it's not right for the Kansas City Chiefs to have to play today because,psychologically,mental ly,and emotionally they will be at a disadvantage by playing so soon after such a terrible team tragedy. Then again,it might be motivation,but I STRONGLY DOUBT it. I think today's Chiefs game should be postphoned.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

And I'm sure that a 1-10 Kanas City Chiefs record didn't help matters either. I'm gonna' guss that the girlfriend must have been talking about ending their relationship. Just a guess.
endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Doctor REALITY wrote:
And I'm sure that a 1-10 Kanas City Chiefs record didn't help matters either. I'm gonna' guss that the girlfriend must have been talking about ending their relationship. Just a guess.
When the dude killed his girlfriend,he KNEW two things were going to happen: His NFL career was over,and he knew he was going to prison. So,when those coaches saw him at the Chiefs facility,there was probably nothing they could have said to him to stop him.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Senecus wrote:
Hello Brother, good to 'see' you.
And hello to you, my dear Brother! Long time no "see." It's good to see, you're still fighting the good fight.
Senecus wrote:
Not here as much , must concentrate time endeavours to greater fruit-bearing.
I hear you on that! I'm sure you're aware of my tendency to depart from Topix from time to time, and for extended periods of time, too. For me, it's necessary.
Senecus wrote:
Just a 'tidbit', the term you refer is also used that way still in some Asian countries today, as well as it was among their royalty.
You have a good night...
You know...I pondered that even while I was posting my original thought. But, I couldn't remember if such a thing, like calling a mature woman "Woman," was still in practice in our modern times. Thanks for the input!
Senecus wrote:
Exactly. In my last post to Qu_innocence, I stated that "the term and definition [of 'god'] should be perceived as an objective and not a level of authority to be usurped." It's become habit to always mention that one can only become a god after they've become the epitome of humility. There's a very fine line between all things, including pride and humility.
Senecus wrote:

Writing about the resurrection of the dead, Paul said, "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing (Philip 3:12-16."

Wise words, indeed, worthy of our most undivided attention and consideration.
Senecus wrote:
That's hilarious!

You reminded me of a t-shirt I thought one particular "Christian" must wear regularly that says, on the front, "God loves me..," and then, on the back and in all capitals, "..BECAUSE I'M THE MOST HUMBLE OF ALL TIME!"

~or~

FRONT: "God loves me..."
BACK: "..BECAUSE I'M MORE HUMBLE THAN YOU!"

Isaiah 65:2-5
I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts...A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face...Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.

It's good to "see" you Senecus. Until next time, my Brother...

May the shalowm of our 'Elohiym remain with you and yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 452,041 - 452,060 of598,743
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

363 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 18 min petesake 114,618
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 18 min MUQ1 36,391
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Buck Crick 223,169
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min It aint necessarily so 716,428
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 48 min Gabric 62
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 57 min ali 332
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 59 min The Awakener 171,443
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 529,972
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 255,692