Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Doctor REALITY

Hot Springs Village, AR

#469099 Dec 2, 2012
http://news.yahoo.com/n-california-towns-brac... You know,there was I time when I used to envy people with beautiful oceanfront homes. And the truth of the matter is,sometimes I...kinda' STILL do. I mean,the thought of having a beautiful home with,say,the Pacific ocean practically in your back yard is absolutely unREAL!. Watching the sun set on the ocean horizon,watching the hazy clouds become ablaze by the glory of the setting sun,and listening to the gentle roar of the waves as the wind 'surfs' along ocean's surface! I mean,that's absolutely CRAZY!! But now,especially after the tsunami in Japan in 2001 and with events like hurricane/superstorm Sandy,my attitude about the thought of living near a large body of water....has changed. But most folks who can afford those kinds of properties are usually too stubborn to give them up. And I'm sure the insurance companies that are willing to insure those kinds of properties make them PAY DEARLY.
Doctor REALITY

Hot Springs Village, AR

#469100 Dec 2, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>When the dude killed his girlfriend,he KNEW two things were going to happen: His NFL career was over,and he knew he was going to prison. So,when those coaches saw him at the Chiefs facility,there was probably nothing they could have said to him to stop him.
:(

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#469101 Dec 2, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, "It's the simple things..." The simple things in life are the things that can irritate me and the things that can bring me the most pleasure. I want to thank you for the small things and the simple things. Like the widow's mite, a small thing to one person can be great thing to someone else. Please help me to stop and think before I react to little things that irritate me. Help me to always appreciate the simple things of life, for they are truly what I enjoy. Thank you for the beaches, mountains, lakes and forests; thank you for the light and warmth of the sun and the freshness and life in cooling rain; thank you for the wildflower so bright and pretty and the singing bird so beautiful; thank you for a child's love and a pet's devotion; thank you for a baby's breath and an old person's smile; thank you for a glass of cold water on a hot summer day. I could go on and on because there are endless things to be thankful for, but the greatest of all is love. I love you. In Jesus' name, amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen, good morning Epi.
Doctor REALITY

Hot Springs Village, AR

#469102 Dec 2, 2012
WHY would an INNOCENT man say 'I'm the ONLY ONE WHO DESERVES THIS!! and 'ALL I DID WAS LOVE NICOLE!!'?? I mean,if O.J. was so INNOCENT,when he was on the phone with Tom Lange,why didn't he say ANYTHING about 'I DIDN'T DO THIS,TOM!'?? He didn't say ANYTHING about not committing the crime!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#469103 Dec 2, 2012
Excuse the double post.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#469104 Dec 2, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/murder-s uicide-involving-chiefs-player -stuns-team-094501452--nfl.htm l I totally agree with the one person,which I believe was a Chiefs football player,that it's not right for the Kansas City Chiefs to have to play today because,psychologically,mental ly,and emotionally they will be at a disadvantage by playing so soon after such a terrible team tragedy. Then again,it might be motivation,but I STRONGLY DOUBT it. I think today's Chiefs game should be postphoned.
I doubt that they will cancel and reschedule the game but it's likely they will have a moment of silence before todays game.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#469105 Dec 2, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
WHY would an INNOCENT man say 'I'm the ONLY ONE WHO DESERVES THIS!! and 'ALL I DID WAS LOVE NICOLE!!'?? I mean,if O.J. was so INNOCENT,when he was on the phone with Tom Lange,why didn't he say ANYTHING about 'I DIDN'T DO THIS,TOM!'?? He didn't say ANYTHING about not committing the crime!
Hmmmmmmm..........were you in on the conversation between them to know that?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#469106 Dec 2, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
`
I'm sorry if it seems I'm harassing you, but did I say something offensive that's causing you to ignore me? I've posted this same post twice now, and for some reason, you've said absolutely nothing about it. I couldn't imagine that you were purposely ignoring me, so I've concluded that you're just missing it, by mistake. That happens often in Topix. With that being said, here it is again.

The term "God/god" a title.

John 1:1 makes this abundantly clear, as none can be WITH "God" and BE "God" at the same time. What many either, don't notice, or ignore, is that John used the past-tense verb when he wrote that "the Word WAS God." This can only indicate a time frame if nothing else. At one time, the Word wasn't "God." Then, the Word WAS "God." So, what was John alluding to?

John was referring us to the creation account and the creation account only. It's most appropriate to render the first verse to say, "[Genesis] was the Word." Even verse 2 could be rendered, "The same was [Genesis] with God." "Genesis" means "In the beginning." So, when John began his testimony, he began right from the beginning of creation, which we find in the book of Genesis. Not after, or before, but at the first point of creation.

When it's written that "the Word WAS God," this is identifying our anointed Savior as the person in whom all creation was created through. Father wished for creation, and our anointed Savior fulfilled His wish. And that's why Paul wrote, "But to us there is but one God, the Father, OF (*emphasis mine) whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ,*BY whom are all things, and we *BY him (1Cor 8:6)." All things are "of" Father, but "by" our anointed Savior. And this is why our anointed Savior "WAS God."

I can't emphasize enough the importance of understanding that "God" is only a title. When it's written that there's only one "God," this isn't to emphasize that Father is the only "God," as it would seem. Rather, this is to emphasize that Father is the one and only source of all things. But, there exists other gods, which is what Exodus 20:3, Exodus 22:28, Psalm 82:6, John 10:34, John 20:28, 1Corinthians 8:5, and Acts 23:5 (among many others), proves. Even our anointed Savior is recorded as saying, "I ascend unto *MY Father, and your Father; and to *MY God, and your God (John 20:17)."

Be not confused with the capitalization (or lack thereof) of the term "God." The term "God" appears many times in the bible. In the writings of the Hebrew "Old Testament", there exists three variations. And remembering that no upper or lower-cased letters exist, I'll type all three in all capitals. These three are "'ELOWAHH (singular)," "'ELOHIYM (plural)," and "YHWH ('God's' name)." And in the Greek "New Testament," the term is "THEOS." My point for bringing this up is that we find these same exact terms used even when not referring to Father, or our anointed Savior. So, like I say, the only differentiating factor is in the surrounding context and content of what's written. When we read 1Corinthians 8:5 and the first portion of verse 6, with their respective reference numbers, it says, "For though there be that are called ["gods" G2316], whether in heaven or in earth,(as there be ["gods" G2316] many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one ["God" G2316], the Father.."

Understand where I'm coming from? Understand where I'm coming from. I'm not taking anything away from our anointed Savior. I'm trying to help you understand him more. Regardless, he's still "God," as Father says he is!

He's still the only-begotten Son of "God," as Father says he is!

He's still our anointed Savior, as Father says he is!

He's still our King of kings and Lord of lords, as Father says he is!

He's just not "God of gods," as only Father is.

Until next time...

..and I really hope to get some feedback from you, this time.

Shalowm, Brother.
Doctor REALITY

Hot Springs Village, AR

#469107 Dec 2, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Hmmmmmmm..........were you in on the conversation between them to know that?
I POSTED the video!!,didn't I??!:

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#469109 Dec 2, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
*.*.*.Morning*.*.*.*
“We do not have a privileged access to reality.
So many of us live either in the past or the future and betray the moment and in some sense
we forget to live our lives.”
~ Joe Hutto
Thought For The Day
Hi Epi;
I agree,Cannot change the past,no reason to revisit it,
future unknown,present grab each day as if it
the last.God bless
Doctor REALITY

Hot Springs Village, AR

#469110 Dec 2, 2012
http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/u... Man,it's hard to believe that the dude that 'OWNS',as in NO MORTGAGE PAYMENT,this bayside mansion isn't even thirty years old and was raised in a housingproject by a poor,single mother. Man,absolutely....unREAL.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#469111 Dec 2, 2012
Good Morning Everyone...

“Saved. ”

#469113 Dec 2, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://www.slamonline.com/onli ne/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/ lebron_james_miami_house.jpg Man,it's hard to believe that the dude that 'OWNS',as in NO MORTGAGE PAYMENT,this bayside mansion isn't even thirty years old and was raised in a housingproject by a poor,single mother. Man,absolutely....unREAL.
That's pretty... I'm looking forward to something prettier though...

Jesus: "I go to prepare a place for you... in MY Father's house there are many mansions (or rooms)..." yadda yadda

“Saved. ”

#469114 Dec 2, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry if it seems I'm harassing you, but did I say something offensive that's causing you to ignore me? I've posted this same post twice now, and for some reason, you've said absolutely nothing about it. I couldn't imagine that you were purposely ignoring me, so I've concluded that you're just missing it, by mistake. That happens often in Topix. With that being said, here it is again.
Shalowm and Good Morningf my brother... sorry for intruding on this conversation but you didn't say anything wrong regarding this subject. JMO... some eat herbs, some eat meats... Romans 14?
Doctor REALITY

Hot Springs Village, AR

#469115 Dec 2, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>That's pretty... I'm looking forward to something prettier though...
Jesus: "I go to prepare a place for you... in MY Father's house there are many mansions (or rooms)..." yadda yadda
You know what?? I kinda' hate to remind a lot of folks about this,but many many wealthy people,in THIS world,will find that their lives will be much different...in the next world to come. Many rich people in THIS world live their entire lives thinking they dont need the Lord Jesus Christ,or His forgivness of their sins. In their minds,their riches have produced the 'perfect life',and they live their lives as though they are need of nothing else. There were many TOTALLY INNOCENT people on the top floors of the world trade center on September 11,2001,and they didn't deserve what they faced on that most awful of days in American history. But that day was a terrible reminder that riches in THIS world can be lost in a moment's notice...without warning. And THAT is one of the main reasons the Lord Jesus Christ said 'TODAY is the day of salvation!, for you are not promised tomorrow!'I'm just saying that there's nothing wrong with wanting to be successful and wanting to be ale to provide a comfortable life for your loved ones and for others. The problem is when a person lives their life in a such a way that they don't believe they have any need to be concerned about facing the Lord Jesus Christ on Judgement Day after they die. Just keepin' it...R-E-A-L.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469116 Dec 2, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
***We are to love all people***
Good morning Grace!

What do you consider..."loving all people"? How do you go about doing that and how do you show that love to others?

If all those people that you are loving does not feel that love...are they just blind or is there something possibly wrong with the love that you are showing?

Has the phrase "love your neighbor" been said so often that it has become a cliche? Have we come to depend on saying the words "love your neighbor" as a way to replace the action of "love your neighbor".

Just what is it to "love your neighbor".

From a Christians standpoint "loving your neighbor" includes concern for their salvation. I have to ask though...is that love shown by harassing...belittling...denig rating...your neighbor at all costs? Is that what Jesus meant?

Did he want you to use people's family...illnesses...past lives to beat them over the head until they submitted?

Did he instruct to call them every name in the book...wish them beaten, raped and murdered in order to scare them into believing?

Again...I will ask...what does it mean to "love your neighbor".

So much research has been done to figure out the hidden mysteries of the Bible...I can't help but wonder...how much time has been spent on trying to find out just how we are to "love your neighbor".

Personally...I find that first greatest commandment much easier to follow....the second much more difficult.

Matthew 5

46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?

Luke 6

32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that.

These are my favorite passages in the Bible. I have read them so many times trying to incorporate them in to my own set of beliefs. It is difficult.

It is so easy to love those that love you...but it takes all that I have to love those that do not love me in return.

Matthew 22

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Have you ever wondered why it reads as it does? Why were the words "as yourself" included?

IMO it is telling us that before you can love your neighbor...you must first love yourself. If you do not...how can you even begin to follow that second greatest commandment? Then and only then can you love them as much.

Do you think...that some Christians will reflect on to others what they hate about themselves?

Verse 39 says...and the second is like it. IMO saying that the 2nd is as the lst...giving it equal importance...as if to say...you can not truly do one without the other.

Does "love" on include being concerned about their salvation...or does it also include kindness...compassion...forgiv eness...

What did Jesus mean when he said..."as yourself"?

Maybe what is wrong...we have a whole world full of people that can not love themselves.

Maybe that is where that saying came from that you have to love yourself before you can love someone else.
Okay..out of room...sorry.:-(
Doctor REALITY

Hot Springs Village, AR

#469117 Dec 2, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>That's pretty... I'm looking forward to something prettier though...
Yeah,I can dig it,bro. Streets of gold,pearl gates,no crime,no fears,no worries,no terrible tragedies. Yeah,heaven's gonna' be ALL THAT.

“Saved. ”

#469118 Dec 2, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Words of experience...huh?....:-)
Yes....A Proverbs 31 woman wouldn't say anything about it...It would show in her actions.
Hope you are doing good Jack
Sorry to intrude yet again... just wanted to share some insights that touch me about this chapter.

1. "HER HUSBAND has full confidence IN HER and lacks nothing of value."

2. "SHE brings HIM good, not harm, all the days of HER life."

3. "HER HUSBAND is respected at the city gate,

where HE TAKES HIS SEAT AMONG THE ELDERS of the land."

Note: City gate is symbolic of a place of power... btw, Revelations refer to Elders also in heaven.

4. "SHE watches over the affairs of HER household

and does not eat the bread of idleness."

5. You are right that... SHE will not praise HERSELF... others do it for HER. She's humble:

"HER children arise and call HER blessed; HER husband also, and HE praises HER."

6. "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”

7. "Give HER the reward SHE has earned, and let HER WORKS bring HER praise at the city gate."

8. "SHE speaks WITH WISDOM, and faithful instruction is on HER tongue.

No wonder that if you blaspheme Her you won't receive forgiveness... She is the hardest working person that I know. She has no need to speak for Herself... She's humble, submissive, fulfils Her role alongside her husband, and She is yet powerful in her own right.

“Saved. ”

#469119 Dec 2, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You know what?? I kinda' hate to remind a lot of folks about this,but many many wealthy people,in THIS world,will find that their lives will be much different...in the next world to come. Many rich people in THIS world live their entire lives thinking they dont need the Lord Jesus Christ,or His forgivness of their sins. In their minds,their riches have produced the 'perfect life',and they live their lives as though they are need of nothing else. There were many TOTALLY INNOCENT people on the top floors of the world trade center on September 11,2001,and they didn't deserve what they faced on that most awful of days in American history. But that day was a terrible reminder that riches in THIS world can be lost in a moment's notice...without warning. And THAT is one of the main reasons the Lord Jesus Christ said 'TODAY is the day of salvation!, for you are not promised tomorrow!'I'm just saying that there's nothing wrong with wanting to be successful and wanting to be ale to provide a comfortable life for your loved ones and for others. The problem is when a person lives their life in a such a way that they don't believe they have any need to be concerned about facing the Lord Jesus Christ on Judgement Day after they die. Just keepin' it...R-E-A-L.
I'm with you on that Doc... sometimes I think that if I had all the money in the world my problems will be over. My money problems might be over but then I would have to protect it and be put in the situation of rejection thousands of people who ask for financial help... so my heart might get hardened on that front. Well, like Jesus said... a rich man can "hardly" enter the Kingdom of God. He didn't say they can't... just that it would be harder. I'm sure there are many other fine points to why Jesus mentioned why it would be harder for the rich though.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#469120 Dec 2, 2012
To Brother Lee Love:

Good morning BLL, I hope that all is well with you and yours, I am going to be just a little candid with you regarding the subject that we hwve been discussing between us and I hope that you take this in the spirit of brotherly love as my post will have no other meaning behind it, I haven't so much been ignoring your posts so much as I have grown a little weary over this discussion concerning the Godhead, we seem to only be going back and forth rehashing the same things over and over and merely coming back to square one in regards to what it is that we believe concerning the Godhead and Christ and the Father being one and the same, you see I have alluded to the scriptures that I believe in my heart and soul that bares this truth out and as I've explained to both Qu_innocence and G_O_D for example that I do not believe in the necessity of reaching over into old lingustic translation to find alledged hidden meanings of what God got to his believers in his Word, as he gave his Word to his Prophets and Apostles by inspiration of his spirit to write it down we know by faith that he used and guided man by his spirit to seperate and break it down into chapters and verses and guided the translations into what they are suppose to mean by definition.

And as I have said to Qu it takes FAITH to believe that God got his Word to us unmolested, it takes FAITH to believe on it as it reads and all the deeper digging into Hebrew, Greek and all other translations are not nessacery, just believe on the Word as it is written in the Bible without seeking other outside sources to validate the Bible when God has already put HIS stamp of approval on HIS Word, nothing else is needed and it also takes FAITH to believe that God and Christ are one as the Bible is written, all the glory belongs to God and we are not to try to garner self glorification by putting our own spin on God's Word the Bible warns against trying to do that because it is a very dangerous thing to try to do, the gospel is dealing with judgement work and is nothing to be played with or mishandled and is best left for those whom God himself has called prepared and sent to rightly divide and distribute as led by his spirit.

Again I am not trying to get you to stop posting to me and I ro look forward to discussing other matters with you but we have gone as far as we can go with this subject as I believe strictly in the Word of God only as the truest and most dependable authority on all things pertaining to God and it's of all the nessacery needed info that we must have to apply to our lives for salvation in Christ Jesus.

Have a Blessed and a great SONday.(C:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min nanoanomaly 866,157
The Christian Atheist debate 24 min Rosa_Winkel 2,136
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min disciple 600,245
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 35 min MUQ2 40,926
Poll Are Mexicans Taking Over America (May '13) 39 min Pine Nut 3
Poll Will US Govt close Mexican border? (Apr '09) 45 min Pine Nut 23
Poll should white men marry mexican women? (May '10) 49 min Pine Nut 6
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 272,469
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 3 hr imr 48
More from around the web