Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#469118 Dec 2, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Words of experience...huh?....:-)
Yes....A Proverbs 31 woman wouldn't say anything about it...It would show in her actions.
Hope you are doing good Jack
Sorry to intrude yet again... just wanted to share some insights that touch me about this chapter.

1. "HER HUSBAND has full confidence IN HER and lacks nothing of value."

2. "SHE brings HIM good, not harm, all the days of HER life."

3. "HER HUSBAND is respected at the city gate,

where HE TAKES HIS SEAT AMONG THE ELDERS of the land."

Note: City gate is symbolic of a place of power... btw, Revelations refer to Elders also in heaven.

4. "SHE watches over the affairs of HER household

and does not eat the bread of idleness."

5. You are right that... SHE will not praise HERSELF... others do it for HER. She's humble:

"HER children arise and call HER blessed; HER husband also, and HE praises HER."

6. "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”

7. "Give HER the reward SHE has earned, and let HER WORKS bring HER praise at the city gate."

8. "SHE speaks WITH WISDOM, and faithful instruction is on HER tongue.

No wonder that if you blaspheme Her you won't receive forgiveness... She is the hardest working person that I know. She has no need to speak for Herself... She's humble, submissive, fulfils Her role alongside her husband, and She is yet powerful in her own right.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#469119 Dec 2, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You know what?? I kinda' hate to remind a lot of folks about this,but many many wealthy people,in THIS world,will find that their lives will be much different...in the next world to come. Many rich people in THIS world live their entire lives thinking they dont need the Lord Jesus Christ,or His forgivness of their sins. In their minds,their riches have produced the 'perfect life',and they live their lives as though they are need of nothing else. There were many TOTALLY INNOCENT people on the top floors of the world trade center on September 11,2001,and they didn't deserve what they faced on that most awful of days in American history. But that day was a terrible reminder that riches in THIS world can be lost in a moment's notice...without warning. And THAT is one of the main reasons the Lord Jesus Christ said 'TODAY is the day of salvation!, for you are not promised tomorrow!'I'm just saying that there's nothing wrong with wanting to be successful and wanting to be ale to provide a comfortable life for your loved ones and for others. The problem is when a person lives their life in a such a way that they don't believe they have any need to be concerned about facing the Lord Jesus Christ on Judgement Day after they die. Just keepin' it...R-E-A-L.
I'm with you on that Doc... sometimes I think that if I had all the money in the world my problems will be over. My money problems might be over but then I would have to protect it and be put in the situation of rejection thousands of people who ask for financial help... so my heart might get hardened on that front. Well, like Jesus said... a rich man can "hardly" enter the Kingdom of God. He didn't say they can't... just that it would be harder. I'm sure there are many other fine points to why Jesus mentioned why it would be harder for the rich though.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#469120 Dec 2, 2012
To Brother Lee Love:

Good morning BLL, I hope that all is well with you and yours, I am going to be just a little candid with you regarding the subject that we hwve been discussing between us and I hope that you take this in the spirit of brotherly love as my post will have no other meaning behind it, I haven't so much been ignoring your posts so much as I have grown a little weary over this discussion concerning the Godhead, we seem to only be going back and forth rehashing the same things over and over and merely coming back to square one in regards to what it is that we believe concerning the Godhead and Christ and the Father being one and the same, you see I have alluded to the scriptures that I believe in my heart and soul that bares this truth out and as I've explained to both Qu_innocence and G_O_D for example that I do not believe in the necessity of reaching over into old lingustic translation to find alledged hidden meanings of what God got to his believers in his Word, as he gave his Word to his Prophets and Apostles by inspiration of his spirit to write it down we know by faith that he used and guided man by his spirit to seperate and break it down into chapters and verses and guided the translations into what they are suppose to mean by definition.

And as I have said to Qu it takes FAITH to believe that God got his Word to us unmolested, it takes FAITH to believe on it as it reads and all the deeper digging into Hebrew, Greek and all other translations are not nessacery, just believe on the Word as it is written in the Bible without seeking other outside sources to validate the Bible when God has already put HIS stamp of approval on HIS Word, nothing else is needed and it also takes FAITH to believe that God and Christ are one as the Bible is written, all the glory belongs to God and we are not to try to garner self glorification by putting our own spin on God's Word the Bible warns against trying to do that because it is a very dangerous thing to try to do, the gospel is dealing with judgement work and is nothing to be played with or mishandled and is best left for those whom God himself has called prepared and sent to rightly divide and distribute as led by his spirit.

Again I am not trying to get you to stop posting to me and I ro look forward to discussing other matters with you but we have gone as far as we can go with this subject as I believe strictly in the Word of God only as the truest and most dependable authority on all things pertaining to God and it's of all the nessacery needed info that we must have to apply to our lives for salvation in Christ Jesus.

Have a Blessed and a great SONday.(C:

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#469121 Dec 2, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah,I can dig it,bro. Streets of gold,pearl gates,no crime,no fears,no worries,no terrible tragedies. Yeah,heaven's gonna' be ALL THAT.
I think that if I ever came into some good money, I'm going to treat everybody here to a trip to Disney World... lol.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#469122 Dec 2, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You know what?? I kinda' hate to remind a lot of folks about this,but many many wealthy people,in THIS world,will find that their lives will be much different...in the next world to come. Many rich people in THIS world live their entire lives thinking they dont need the Lord Jesus Christ,or His forgivness of their sins. In their minds,their riches have produced the 'perfect life',and they live their lives as though they are need of nothing else. There were many TOTALLY INNOCENT people on the top floors of the world trade center on September 11,2001,and they didn't deserve what they faced on that most awful of days in American history. But that day was a terrible reminder that riches in THIS world can be lost in a moment's notice...without warning. And THAT is one of the main reasons the Lord Jesus Christ said 'TODAY is the day of salvation!, for you are not promised tomorrow!'I'm just saying that there's nothing wrong with wanting to be successful and wanting to be ale to provide a comfortable life for your loved ones and for others. The problem is when a person lives their life in a such a way that they don't believe they have any need to be concerned about fhiqacing the Lord Jesus Christ on Judgement Day after they die. Just keepin' it...R-E-A-L.
THIS..........is one of the most intelligent comments that I've know you to post, and I Couldn't agree with it anymore if I tried.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#469123 Dec 2, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
<smile> Interesting thought , but one must tread carefully,spiritual attainment must be tempered with humility.
"....even if one has reached such a status, that one still wouldn't even acknowledge it."
Reminds me of the "Proverbs 31 Woman" - I contend a Proverbs 31 woman would never know she's one or, if conscience of it, place a 'trumpet to the lips' in announcement of such.
A hint for you single guys reading, if an all 'glossolali-ed' up nice church-babe tries to sell you on "...and I'm a Proverbs 31 woman,I'll be a blessing for you..." - Run...-like Cypher told Neo in the Matrix -"Run your a-- off"
Friendly piece of advice, words of experience <wink>
Good Morning Jack, butting in again... I would think that She would know that by Her husband and children praising Her... and she would appreciate that and continue doing what She always does anyways. She's humble like that.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#469124 Dec 2, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I think that if I ever came into some good money, I'm going to treat everybody here to a trip to Disney World... lol.
Good morning Qu, I would settle for all the Lobsters that I could eat, lol.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#469125 Dec 2, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Grace!
What do you consider..."loving all people"? How do you go about doing that and how do you show that love to others?
If all those people that you are loving does not feel that love...are they just blind or is there something possibly wrong with the love that you are showing?
Has the phrase "love your neighbor" been said so often that it has become a cliche? Have we come to depend on saying the words "love your neighbor" as a way to replace the action of "love your neighbor".
Just what is it to "love your neighbor".
From a Christians standpoint "loving your neighbor" includes concern for their salvation. I have to ask though...is that love shown by harassing...belittling...denig rating...your neighbor at all costs? Is that what Jesus meant?
Did he want you to use people's family...illnesses...past lives to beat them over the head until they submitted?
Did he instruct to call them every name in the book...wish them beaten, raped and murdered in order to scare them into believing?
Again...I will ask...what does it mean to "love your neighbor".
So much research has been done to figure out the hidden mysteries of the Bible...I can't help but wonder...how much time has been spent on trying to find out just how we are to "love your neighbor".
Personally...I find that first greatest commandment much easier to follow....the second much more difficult.
Matthew 5
46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
Luke 6
32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that.
***
These are my favorite passages in the Bible. I have read them so many times trying to incorporate them in to my own set of beliefs. It is difficult.
It is so easy to love those that love you...but it takes all that I have to love those that do not love me in return.
Matthew 22
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Have you ever wondered why it reads as it does? Why were the words "as yourself" included?
IMO it is telling us that before you can love your neighbor...you must first love yourself. If you do not...how can you even begin to follow that second greatest commandment? Then and only then can you love them as much.
Do you think...that some Christians will reflect on to others what they hate about themselves?
Verse 39 says...and the second is like it. IMO saying that the 2nd is as the lst...giving it equal importance...as if to say...you can not truly do one without the other.
Does "love" on include being concerned about their salvation...or does it also include kindness...compassion...forgiv eness...
What did Jesus mean when he said..."as yourself"?
Maybe what is wrong...we have a whole world full of people that can not love themselves.
Maybe that is where that saying came from that you have to love yourself before you can love someone else.
Okay..out of room...sorry.:-(
Good Morning Annie, butting in again... but I have to say great insight! It's easier said than done.

:)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#469126 Dec 2, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I think that if I ever came into some good money, I'm going to treat everybody here to a trip to Disney World... lol.
Good morning Q;

I'll pass on the Disney Trip,cause I can take a Disney Trip right on the tv or computer.Give my portion to the homeless,hungry children of this world for you see happiness comes in the smallest of forms sometimes.Not even cyber hate can kill love icons.God bless

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#469127 Dec 2, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning Qu, I would settle for all the Lobsters that I could eat, lol.
Good Morning Lawest... why do that when I could buy and give you a few Red Lobster franchises?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#469128 Dec 2, 2012
Correction should read Icons not even cyber hate kill love.
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#469129 Dec 2, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I'm with you on that Doc... sometimes I think that if I had all the money in the world my problems will be over. My money problems might be over but then I would have to protect it and be put in the situation of rejection thousands of people who ask for financial help... so my heart might get hardened on that front. Well, like Jesus said... a rich man can "hardly" enter the Kingdom of God. He didn't say they can't... just that it would be harder. I'm sure there are many other fine points to why Jesus mentioned why it would be harder for the rich though.
The lfe of Steve Jobs should be a reminder to all that there are some physcal conditions that not even billions of dollars can fix,and that if we die without accepting the Lord Jesus Christ,all of our accomplishments mean absolutely NOTHING....for our soul's sake.
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#469130 Dec 2, 2012
Later. Doc REAL.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#469131 Dec 2, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Q;
I'll pass on the Disney Trip,cause I can take a Disney Trip right on the tv or computer.Give my portion to the homeless,hungry children of this world for you see happiness comes in the smallest of forms sometimes.Not even cyber hate can kill love icons.God bless
Good Morning LW, I believe I would give you a few million so you could give and manage it however you wished..

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#469132 Dec 2, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning LW, I believe I would give you a few million so you could give and manage it however you wished..
Oh no you cannot do that at all.I do not want anything.
Give it to the children.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#469133 Dec 2, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>The lfe of Steve Jobs should be a reminder to all that there are some physcal conditions that not even billions of dollars can fix,and that if we die without accepting the Lord Jesus Christ,all of our accomplishments mean absolutely NOTHING....for our soul's sake.
Yep, I believe that... dust we are and dust we shall one day return... unless, The Lord Jesus comes in our lifetime and we're still Faithful of course...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#469134 Dec 2, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Lawest... why do that when I could buy and give you a few Red Lobster franchises?
THAT..........sounds like a plan bro,lol

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#469135 Dec 2, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no you cannot do that at all.I do not want anything.
Give it to the children.
Take this $4,000,000 I said!!!!

Smile.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#469136 Dec 2, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Annie, butting in again... but I have to say great insight! It's easier said than done.
:)
Good morning to you!

You are not butting in. The post was addressed to Grace but it was inspired by all of us.

Jesus went on to say that all of the law hinges on these two commandments. IMO...as if to say...if you can do these two things...you will have accomplished all that I ask.

Sounds simple doesn't it...maybe it is...maybe we just get so wrapped up in all the rest that we cause these two simple commandments to be difficult.

I love the phrase "love thy neighbor" but I have a tendency to leave out "as yourself". Maybe that is why loving your neighbor is so difficult.

Maybe I should have asked the question...what does it mean to "love ourself". IMO...that is as much part of that commandment as "neighbor" is. It is what I sometimes struggle with the most.

I know though that when I am "okay" with myself that it is easier to be "okay" with the world around me and with others.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#469137 Dec 2, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> THAT..........sounds like a plan bro,lol
I would even thrown in a house for ya in Maine... along the shoreline... where you could go for the summer months if you wished. Nice up there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min NICK 88,630
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min BongoKrap 703,874
How to a approach a top foreign dating coach? 56 min ramon40 1
News US may never see another spiritual leader like ... 1 hr Rocky 15
New girl reminds me too much of ex gf 1 hr carlvei3 1
The REAL reason TWA Flight 800 broke in half 1 hr Doctor REALITY 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr BongoKrap 996,575