Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#468946 Dec 1, 2012
REVELATION

Rev 1:7 (Part 6)

"Look, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, EVEN THOSE WHO PIERCED HIM, and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen."

1. Even those who pierced Him - This verse is talking about the 2nd Coming of The Messiah. The 2nd coming will be Judgement Day and that judgement will be pretty comprehensive... so much so that even those who had pierced Jesus on the cross in the crucifixition over 2000 years ago will see Jesus.

a. What? Aren't those that crucified Jesus long dead? Yes, they are... and no they aren't from our own understanding of things. Let me try and explain but first let me say that those who had any involvement with Jesus' death are included in this. Like those Pharisees, the rest of the Sanhedrin, King Herod... the crowd, the ones who stirred up the crowd... those who rejected Him and chose Barabbas instead. They all had a part that led up to Jesus' crucifixion.

(1) Now some of these who took part in Jesus' death, I believe some will be saved. Looked at the Roman Centurion who after seeing all that had happened (the earthquake, temple renting... Jesus crying out with a loud voice before all that happened, the darkness in the middle of the day)... but the Centurion said, "Surely this was the Son of God!" It doesn't take much for one to be saved. It simply takes genuine Faith in God's Son.

(2) Now some of those who took part in Jesus' death, they will be condemned. Jesus had told some of the Pharisees earlier that they would die "in their sins" unless they believed (John 8:24). Why? Because not only did they "at least" know that He was some kind of prophet sent from God because of the things He did... but they were hellbent on killing Him. Why did they want to kill Jesus? In their estimation of things, they didn't want to lose their place in society. They had it good... people basically praising them all the time...kickbacks from the Roman government if they kept everything peaceful... yadda yadda. And to them, jesus was messing it all up.

a. "Now the Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread were only two days away, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some sly way to arrest Jesus and kill Him." Mark 14:1

b. "So the Pharisees said to one another, "See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!" John 12:19

2. So Quin, how in the world are they going to see Jesus when they are already dead? See the next part... I'll send later, Lordwilling.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#468947 Dec 1, 2012
Good Afternoon PW (Yours)... God Bless you also and headed out myself. Take care everybody!

:)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#468949 Dec 1, 2012
*~*~*~Morning*~*~*~*

“God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December.“

~ James M. Barrie

Thought For The Day

*~*~*~*~*~

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468950 Dec 1, 2012
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Thank you for rescuing me. Thank you for new life, life everlasting. May the righteousness of Christ shine through me and be a light to this lost and dying world. Show me how to use my gifts to influence people for You, God; to lead them into your presence and experience your joy, life-giving power and forgiveness. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468951 Dec 1, 2012
Encouraging Words....

“Do to others as you would like them to do to you.”

Luke 6:31

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468952 Dec 1, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
Experiencing God Day By Day:
Weariness
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.(Matthew 11:28-29)
If you find that Christianity exhausts you, draining you of your energy, then you are practicing religion rather than enjoying a relationship. Jesus said that a relationship with Him would bring rest to your soul. Your walk with the Lord will not make you weary; it will invigorate you, restore your strength, and energize your life.
Hard work or lack of sleep can make you tired. This fatigue can usually be remedied by a good rest. But there is a deeper fatigue that goes beyond physical tiredness. There is an emotional exhaustion that comes from experiencing heavy burdens and draining crises. There is a tiredness deep within your soul that comes from carrying the weight of the needs of others. You can go on a vacation, but your soul will not be restored. This condition can only be rectified by finding rest in Christ.
Some zealous Christians want to do all they can to serve Christ, and they exhaust themselves in the process. It was to these that Jesus extended His invitation to go to Him and learn from Him. Jesus spent most of His earthly ministry surrounded by needy multitudes. He faced relentless opposition, He often prayed throughout the night, and He rarely had any privacy, yet He always received the rest and strength that came from His Father. It was not that Jesus did not work hard but that He knew the path to spiritual rest. Are you weary? Go to Jesus and let Him give you His rest. His rest will restore your soul as nothing else can.
So true SRH/HFN

True rest comes from the Lord....

Thanks for sharing

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468953 Dec 1, 2012
OK....Christmas Tree time....:-)

Have a great day!!

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#468954 Dec 1, 2012
Yo ...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#468955 Dec 1, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Does it say that JESUS is the Savior though? I thought (not sure where I get the thought from though) that they were still waiting for HIM?
It has nothing to do with religion. It is a non-christian source for the existence of Jesus. That it isn't mentioned when Chrisitians are trying to "prove" that Jesus isn't fictional is very peculiar.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#468956 Dec 1, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good early mornin' G... I just looked in the Tanahkh which the jews used... looked at 3 of them.(for those who don't know, the Tanakh is that which Christians would call the Old Testament)
In the tehillim (psalms), the jews have translated that part in psalm 82:6 as "godlike"... not gods. That would make sense because we're made in the image of God. Please consider deferring "ye are gods" to the jewish understanding "Ye are godlike beings".
So no, we're not gods... we're men and women who are made in the image of God. And in my view and understanding, Jesus is God (The Son) who came to be a man in order to make the atonement for mankind.
God-like in that we do not have immortality. According to Genesis that is only thing not making us "true" gods.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#468957 Dec 1, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Actually, in pointing out Genesis 2:7... The Body was made from dry earth (Hebrew word is `aphar)
2. The spirit of man was made from the breath of God (Hebrew word is n&#277;shamah)
3. And man became a living soul and that Hebrew word is Nephesh as you stated earlier.
Exactly.
Imates of California

Little Rock, AR

#468958 Dec 1, 2012
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#468959 Dec 1, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>First of all Prince, let me point out that in researching this word... I came across the Jehovah's Witness' version of the Bible called the NWT or New World Translation. And they make quite a stink over "cross" which reminded me of you and how you were having a hissy fit because I used the word "cross"... Anyways, JWs had replaced the word "cross" with "tortuous stake" or something to that effect. That word stauros in the greek from the Strong's Concordance says this: "upright stake, hence a cross"
In looking into it further I read that there were various ways that the Romans crucified a person... whether it was a single upright stake, a stake with a cross-beam, etc. and yet it still fell under stauros.
It appears that Jesus, The Son of God, was crucified by cross-beam. Here's a scripture and Thomas is talking to the other disciples:
Thomas: "Unless I see the nail marks in His hands and put my finger where THE NAILS were, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe it."
Now looking at it in the Greek/English interlinear it appears that those more than one nail was used for Jesus' hands.
http://interlinearbible.org/john/20-25.htm
Had Jesus been crucified on a upright stake only... only one nail would need to be used for both hands... as both his hands would be upright and have one on top of the other with one nail going through them. But since Thomas said nails (referring to the wounds in Jesus' hands)... it is very likely Jesus was crucified with His Hands outstretched on a cross-beam with a nail in each one.
Now, this is my only response on this matter... I pretty much was going to let it slide because I don't really see the big deal. But anyways, I learned a little something about it.
Have a good one.... tell Shrink I said Hey.
sir
I reject NWT and JW teachings as biblicaly truthful,
if I say about word"staurous"I don't say about JW claim,only I say claim of greek koine language"staurous" is not same meaning like modern cross?
I would agree with with,it could be with beam on the top-but not RCC or trinitarians cross for sure

I saw ancient tools like cross overseas, but they don't look like modern crosess,or JW only one stake.

let me add
I am very aware of JW teachings,most of them lead nowhere only make slaves of ptential memebers 6 times a week on the crazy meetings, white shirts,suits, etc......

we serve God in Spirit and the truth not according to ceremonial laws, or worshiping cross or beam, or one pieace wood

WE WORSHIP GOD IN SPIRIT AND THE TRUTH,OUR LOVE IS DIRECTED TO THE MERCY THRONE OF ALMIGHTY GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST-NOT THROUGH CROSS OR JW WITENESSES BAMBLINGS

sorry
I rather stick with your posts, as with JW one post or their doctrines

NWT is fake modern translation confussing potential people

if you read in different languages JW NWT-it is mess at an end you will not know what are you reading or study

have good and blessed day Q.
I still discourage for reasearch misleaded biased web pages

"stauorus" is not Cross(in english translations) not CRUIX in latin describing RCC or Protestant crosess

I gave you outside written sources no biased on the base of own beliefs(like web pages) look at them,they are autorize,truthful,and match greek language

smile

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#468960 Dec 1, 2012
[QUOTE who="Imates of California aka Dr. REALITY"]XXYOUTUBE-Br9tLv oFtBYXX[/QUOTE]
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/afghan-gi...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#468963 Dec 1, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>No,you just THINK I'm 'misssin' your point'. I ain't missin' jack. You're just some 'holier than thou' internet 'whimp' who's been 'de-sensitized' towards extreme evil. You'd play a different tune if it was our own child. Movin' on... Morning,Lil' Whimp. Hello,Q.
"Internet whimp"?.........so now it's whimpish and "holier than thou" to stand on the Word of God?

Well I'll say this..........you should truly be eo Blessed to be do "whimpish", lol.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468964 Dec 1, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey there Bro. Lawest... responding to some of these. Nope, I'm the one who said it. I said it earlier just to point out the fact that it would seem that if the two of you had agreed on something then You would say it is The Holy Spirit that brought the two of you into that agreement... but in this case, IMHO, it is only tradition that brought you two into that agreement. But if another dogma arose in which the two of you greatly differed on in the Word (and it has happened)... my guess is that if ever got heated again you would be taking the same stance with yourself saying, "it is The Spirit of God who rises in me" and yet not the other. My point is, it is always easy to thump the chest and make a boast like that. Anyone can say that on the fly and I'm saying this respectfully, it just shows immaturity IMHO. It's not always necessarily the Spirit of God who rises up in people when they boast something like that... it can also be the Spirit of hard-headedness sometimes. If one had the Spirit of God, why make a boast like that anyhow? It's like one is trying to inform the other in a subliminal way that "I'm more special than you BECAUSE "I" have the Spirit of God... nanny nanny boo boo.
It's immature and doesn't prove anything.
Good afternoon Qu, hope everything is well with you, no bro immaturity doesn't play anything into it at all, there are simply others here beside myself who recognizes that some of you are struggling to understand to understand and accept the Word on FAITH value feeling you have to "dig deeper" through outside sources that more often than not contradicts the very Word wherein we have our salvation tbrough Christ Jesus, you have eluded to me also that to stay strictly and entrusted in the Holy Bible only is paramount to being a babe remaining on the breast milk as opposed to eating strong meat and that doesn't make any sense, we can only grow more faithful and stronger over time with an increase in our faith by the Word only and when you try to mix in outside historical and lingistic translations and other mess that is contradictory to the Word than that definitely can screw your mind up and have you thinking that you are right when you really don't know rather you are coming or going and that is Spiritual Immaturity my friend.

God's people need on his Holy Word that he has provided and not confirmation from any outside sources and YES..........being filled with his spirit bares WITNESS to tbe written Word and anyone who doesn't have that spirit would have no point of reference to understand any of what I have said here.
endtime

AOL

#468965 Dec 1, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

&fe ature=plcp

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468966 Dec 1, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I don't see anything funny about it to be honest. I mean, I know you love them which you ought to do, but I suggest to please be careful. Your adoration of them doesn't affect my own life personally... but when I see you mention "your minister this and your minister that"... I can't help but be reminded of listening to Gary and Dave when they used to always talk about Mr. Camping all the time. "Mr. Camping says this and Mr. Camping says that." or like listening to a Nation of Islam follower who consistently mentions "the honorable Elijah Muhammed" at various points within the conversation or dialogue... That's what I meant when I say mentally-conditioned as to believe every single thing that is put in front you. That's why I respectfully suggest to you to be very careful because it is along those same lines but just varying beliefs. But regarding personality cults and the like, I believe that sometimes one has to use their own critical-thinking skills. But to each their own.o
As far as going to outside sources. I can tell you this... I gave a lot of my materials away in my lifetime. Bible concordances, Bibles, other study materials like a Bible dictionary, atlases, Various commentaries, other materials with cultural significance to others with the hopes that others' faith will increase. I don't have a lot of those materials anymore and not complaining at all, but now, I do get a lot of those same materials on line... for free as it is open-sourced. The only difference is that it is at my fingertips.
As far as Faith is concerned regarding the Bible... I don't have all the answers and you don't have all the answers. The Holy Spirit does and yet inspired someone to write, "in all your Getting, "Get" Understanding. Something to that affect Pr 4:7
That's odd, when I see you promoting things like the Holy Ghost being "God's wife" and questioning the authenticness of the Bible it too reminds me of Gary and Dave, I holy make reference to certain men of God to illustrate a point not an attempt to give them equality with God himself, I'm sure that you know better ( at least I hope you do ) these men again that I make refetence have taugbt strictly 100% from the Word of God and the Word only, we worship the Lord and saviour Jesus Christ and anything that they are on record as having taught can be confirmed and backed undeniably by the Holy Scriptures, can you say the same bro?

It may sound a little harsh to say this to you but I'll like to believe that I am doing it for your own good but Gary and Dave follow the rhetoric of Harold Camping who thought he could predict tbe rapture and the end of the wherein the Word lets us know that only the father know this information, and so being so able to be beguiled tbrough weakness they fell in error, but you seem to have gone over tbe edge by your own mechanations and have strayed from the knowledge of truth and are honestly in no better state spiritually than they are I regret to say.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468967 Dec 1, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that is one of the main reasons I study the scriptures with faith and prayer... not only to strengthen my resolve in Christ, but also to an understanding of what another faith is talking about <--- because I don't want to be deceived. But you and others say that I'm deceived... no, I'm not deceived. I now understand...
<quoted text>Actually, feminine is a better word than female. The Family, let's say Adam & Eve, is one of the things that are a pattern of the invisible heavenly. I'll use KJV:
1. Apostle Paul: "For the invisible things of him FROM THE CREATION OF THE WORLD are CLEARLY SEEN, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead;"
2. "So God CREATED man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." (A&E are a pattern of the invisible... Eve is technically Adam's sister)
3. Jesus: "But at the beginning of CREATION God ‘made them male and female. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one." (What's flesh is flesh, but what's Spirit is spirit... that is why God the Father is a Spirit and His wife is also a Spirit.)
4. The Holy Spirit... the Spirit of the Holy One is mentioned from
Genesis 1:2 all the way to Revelation... you can see her at work mentioned as Wisdom quite a boit in vProverbs also... especially Proverbs 8:22.(Say to Wisdom thou art my Sister)
*** Just a little sidenote, woman (the wife) is the glory of man (her husband)... and that's not saying that she isn't in the image of God... what that means is she is tailored "or made" suitable for him.
5. Now, as far as the feminist movement... I love the Susan B. Anthony's of the world... I'm not fond of the Margaret Sangers in the world. The feminist movement started off innocently but there is an ultra-feminist wing that is hell bent on perverting the natural order of things (homosexuality, perversion, amazonian-type of goals, yadda yadda).
Praise God for both men and women.
Nothing that you have posted scripturally justifies you calling the spirit of God feminine when the Bible has made it all so clear that God is male, when the bible refers to wisdom in a feminine term it is only speaking metaphoriably figutively, no aspect of God is feminine.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468968 Dec 1, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> "Internet whimp"?.........so now it's whimpish and "holier than thou" to stand on the Word of God?
Well I'll say this..........you should truly be eo Blessed to be do "whimpish", lol.
To be SO..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Catcher1 839,929
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Tony17 590,775
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 32 min dollarsbill 4,628
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 56 min razz58 2,440
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Paul is dead 1966 3,078
What Government Hackers Are Trying To Keep Silent 2 hr Mace 4
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr WasteWater 5,919
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Insults Are Easier 271,403
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Jac 100,079
More from around the web