“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#468835 Nov 29, 2012
Prince Helmut Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
nobody appoint you to be assistant
let us hear from you definition word Justice?
good night, good for sleep is warmed milk, you will sleep like sucking mama breast babe
So much for:

"Forgive us as we forgive others"
"As you judge, so shall you be judged"
"Love your enemies"

Find Jesus, DR, before it is too late for you.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#468836 Nov 29, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Your life really stinks.
Yours is with out Jesus.

<akes mine so much better. Try following Him someday, DR.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#468837 Nov 29, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
That is a well written article.

“Bacon Bacon ”

Since: Dec 06

SW Burbs Chicago

#468838 Nov 29, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
I guess I forgot to put Chafer's name on this. I have a link for you to go toand listen to Chafer from the late 40's to the early 50's. They are poor quality recordings but the content is really good. The subject is Spiritual living. Listen carefully to these and you will be better for it!

http://www.raystedman.org/chafer/index.html

Have a great day
Serah

Australia

#468839 Nov 29, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
This response will be more than what you asked for but for some reason...it has been on my mind the last few days...maybe it is meant to be written. I don't know...you don't have to read it...I just felt like writing this morning.
I haven't posted here much in the last few weeks but have skimmed from time to time...reading a bit here and a bit there. A couple of days ago a thought came to me...one that I had as a child.
A typical Sunday for me as a child was mom getting me ready for church...she would get a rag and start searching for any "rusty spots" as she called them and then proceed to scrub until not only had she removed any "rust" but half of the skin that lay beneath. I was always impatient for her to finish...not just so that the pain would be over but so that I could hurry up and get out the back door.
My dad having already dressed and had his coffee would head off down to the barn...climb up into the loft...where an old Bible lay on an old pulpit that had been given to him from one of the churches. That is where every Sunday morning for years he would study the lesson that he was going to teach that day or work on a sermon if he happened to have a church that he was preaching for.
I could hear the sound of his voice resonating up the worn path from the barn to the house and I would sit on the back stoop listening...not to the words but to the passion in his voice as he prayed. The sound of his voice was like music that echoed through the hollows of our farm. When he was finished I would hurry back inside for some reason I felt as if I had been ease dropping on his conversation with God.
We would head off to church not long after...I can remember sitting in the back seat behind my dad...I would sit on the edge of the seat just wanting to be close to that voice that I had just a few minutes before heard drifting up the path.
Mom would hand us our Sunday School money and tell us not to lose it...we were always so tight on money that if we lost it there was just no more. I did not want to not have my offering...
Then one day...the worst happened...I thought if I put my money in my mouth there was no way that I could lose it...well...you can imagine what followed that great thought I had. I was terrified...too ashamed to tell my mom...so I had no offering...I didn't know what to do...I just accepted that I would probably go to hell because I had swallowed God's money!:-)
On Sunday afternoons if dad wasn't holding service at some church we would head off to my grandmothers house for dinner. The whole clan would be there and anyone else that needed to eat that day. The women would gather in the kitchen to talk a prepare food and the men would gather in the living room to discuss that morning's sermon or lesson. Most often you could find me tucked away in a corner or curled up in my grandmothers rocker...just listening to both parties.
It is on those Sunday afternoons that my thought first came to my head...maybe it was the beginning of my beliefs changing...
I heard men slice and dice God in to bits and pieces...each claiming to have the right slices...each disagreeing with the other...each knowing for sure that they were right.
Then one Sunday afternoon...the inevitable happened...I couldn't help myself...I tried to stop this mouth of mine...I just couldn't.
From the stool tucked away in the corner...to my horror...I said it...blurted it out...not a whisper...but almost at the top of my lungs...
Why can you not just let God be?
Okay...I am out of those little characters...I am not sure if I will finish this or not...once again I have not been able to control this mouth...I just had to blurt it out once again...
Why can you not just let God be?
Thanks AnnieJ; you took me back to my old Sunday School days.... beautifully written and great to read :)

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#468840 Nov 29, 2012
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi my friend..the Holy Spirit is our guide.
Amen Sister. He is our guide, and I am thankful for that. It is good to see you. I think of you often and wonder what you're up to. It blessed my soul to see you posting. Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving.

(7656) I need a 4, 5, 6, or 7 on the cut.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#468841 Nov 29, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
Glad I popped in here tonight. It's good to see some of the long time posters in here posting. Le_le, HFN/SRH, Jute, Drew, Annie, and Hick-up just to name a few. Hope all are well.
Sorry to hear of the passing of roadrunner. My condolences go out to all the knew and cared for her.
Le_le it's good to see you posting, it's been a while. Hope all is well with you and yours.
HFN/SRH, I've been following along and as usual what you've posted is right on the money. Stick to your guns and don't let Duane bully you like he has a tendency to try to do with people in here.
Jute, I'm so glad you are mending so well. I know God has you and yours wrapped tightly in His loving arms. Give Wayne my best.
Drew, keep up the great work you do for God my Brother. Your posts are clearly God inspired as the Holy Spirit leads you.
I hope everyone has a great night and a great day tomorrow.
God bless.
Hey, RA. I have a question for you. Out of all the people who have ever posted on this thread, have you ever known two who agreed on everything? And you know what, there won't ever be.

But it has been very pleasant on here lately. And like you encouraged HFN, we have to keep up the good fight in presenting the Gospel so that whosoever will can. It's good for us to edify others and not get all antsy when someone disagrees with us. We are still all learning and those who truly have the desire to learn, God will provide.

Thanks for the shout and the encouragement you offer to us. Keep up the rehab and I pray that you get stronger every day.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#468842 Nov 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Drew
Personally I think it is a waste of time to even respond to that guy but who knows, he may learn something from you so one never knows
I wanted to add two thoughts.
1) In the verse you mentioned earlier
Philippians 2:6-7
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
..I think it is important to note that it says human LIKENESS. Just adds to the point Jesus was much more than simply a man. He just took a form we could understand and as an expression of humility.
2) You are talking to a guy that manifests himself in hundreds of identities on Topix yet seems to doubt the ability for God to so in three. Just found it rather ironic.
I will say I don't agree with Tim that anybody who doesn't believe in the Trinity can't be a real Christian. I think people are going to get themselves into trouble trying to play God. Just my personal opinion. But I do believe all three are God, regardless of the difficulty in trying to explain a nature our minds can barely grasp.
(T) Peace
I'm finding that out Steve. Not being accusational here, but I have come into contact with those whose growth in the Lord has seemingly stopped as if they had enough, but I tell you, I'll never lose my appetite for the Word and its illumination. As I get closer to the end, I find that God still reveals things to me. I love those "wow" moments.

Yes, Jesus emptied Himself of many of the privileges He enjoyed in Glory when He became a man. And it made it a little easier for us to understand of how limited man is. But I assure you that as soon as He ascended back to the throneroom, He took all those privileges back up. I am eagerly awaiting His return and the establishment of His kingdom here on earth.

Hope you and your folks are doing well.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#468843 Nov 29, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Don't get led astray by these excuses, created by men simply because they lacked understanding and couldn't provide a valid, scriptural reason to explain their beliefs. The terms "mystery" and "mysteries" only appear a little more than a dozen times, and none are used to identify our "Godhead," nor "God."
<quoted text>First, I believe the Holy Spirit is as natural part of Father as sight is a perfectly functioning eye. Personification, it would seem, has become man's enemy.
<quoted text>Can you explain the following, please and if you will, with nothing but scripture to explain the occurrences? And if I may make one request, please don't turn this into some cosmic ventriloquist act. Obviously, such an act cannot be proven with scriptures.
John 12:28-30
Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.
The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.
Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.
Matthew 3:16-17
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Matthew 17:4-7
Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
Again and please, let us refrain from making this some cosmic ventriloquist act, as such an act cannot be proven by scriptures. And please, let us not try to explain this with personal commentary. But, please explain from whom this voice originates, and how it served to prove that Father and Son are one and the same to the witnesses.
Thank you for your time and consideration, Drew H. And by the way, glad to make your acquaintance.
Until next time...
Good to meet you, too. However I stated the case in post #468680 to BTJ, and it is all scripture and I must stand by it. We can disagree and that doesn't determine who is or who isn't saved. that my friend is left up to God. Moreover, I am at peace with my faith at this point in my life and as God grows me, I will continue to dig into the depths of His Word and bask in it so that the light will get brighter and brighter.

Have a great evening.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#468845 Nov 29, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>....John was referring us to the creation account and the creation account only.....
And why is John's (allegedly)'inspired' Gospel more truthful than Genesis which was (allegedly) given to Moses directly from God ?

If John was right, why did God wait a few thousand years to reveal that ? Better yet, Why did God hide that bit of info ? Even better, What else has God not revealed ? Will God tell someone a tale that contradicts John a thousand years from now ?

Much more realitic explanation: John rewrote Genesis to gain pagan Greek converts. It is not the "Truth" but a "Tactic".

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#468847 Nov 29, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You're right,I WOULD assist a state in carrying out a capital offense sentence. It's called JUSTICE.
You're missing our point, your post has revealed that it is not justice that you want but revenge instead, you have expressed a wish for another inmate to murder this man in cold blood and that is not the same thing as a judicial process being carried out, we have the right to be angry as I've said before but we are not to let the sun go down on our anger.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#468848 Nov 29, 2012
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't read studies,
I study intensvely not only Bible, but also am skilful from my papa and grandmama in hebrew and old greek
and propble is I did'nt come to the same conclusion like your fonny bollony beliefs based on english not properly translate greek and hebrew or arameic
so?my conclusion is:
be fore you open your mouth,at first spend a lot of you life time not only read,but only study,study study,and beseech God to open your blind eyes and ears to see properly and to hear THE TRUTH.
I had said that I have studied. I did not ask you to read others' studies.

If you can't understand my simple English, how can I expect you to understand the simple translations of the Bible in English?

Greek is a non-scriptural language. God Almighty never revealed any Scripture in that language. So, for me, Greek has no importance.

That language has ruined the true teachings of Jesus and had created so much confusion that ignorant fools, I mean Bishops who never even sat in the company of Jesus' disciples, kept quarreling for 4-5 centuries.

Question time:

Since you claim to know Hebrew, tell me in which verse of Genesis 1, the word Elohim appears in the Hebrew text, for God Almighty?

Is it for all verses, which say, "God said,'Let there be.........." or only for the verse, which says, "God said,'Let us make man in our own image"?

Answer the question boldly, please!

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#468849 Nov 29, 2012
Is it Dichotomy or Trichotomy...??

Sprinkled or dunked?
And as adult in full girth,
or right after birth?

Is it Lord Almighty ,G-d , Allah or Jesus~
Or do we call Him that which please us?

Is it three in one or one in three~
Modalism or the Trinity?

And did the Son pray to the Father~
But if the same,why would He bother?

Is it Pre-Trib or Post , many boast to know we'll see~
Or was it all wrapped up in 70 A.D.?

Questions, questions evermore!
And wanting to know what's in store~

Yet one question that's oh so grave...

"Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"(Acts 16:30)

That'll keep ya's busy for a while ;)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#468850 Nov 29, 2012
Senecus wrote:
Is it Dichotomy or Trichotomy...??
Sprinkled or dunked?
And as adult in full girth,
or right after birth?
Is it Lord Almighty ,G-d , Allah or Jesus~
Or do we call Him that which please us?
Is it three in one or one in three~
Modalism or the Trinity?
And did the Son pray to the Father~
But if the same,why would He bother?
Is it Pre-Trib or Post , many boast to know we'll see~
Or was it all wrapped up in 70 A.D.?
Questions, questions evermore!
And wanting to know what's in store~
Yet one question that's oh so grave...
"Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"(Acts 16:30)
That'll keep ya's busy for a while ;)
Hey there John, how've you been doing?

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#468851 Nov 29, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, RA. I have a question for you. Out of all the people who have ever posted on this thread, have you ever known two who agreed on everything? And you know what, there won't ever be.
But it has been very pleasant on here lately. And like you encouraged HFN, we have to keep up the good fight in presenting the Gospel so that whosoever will can. It's good for us to edify others and not get all antsy when someone disagrees with us. We are still all learning and those who truly have the desire to learn, God will provide.
Thanks for the shout and the encouragement you offer to us. Keep up the rehab and I pray that you get stronger every day.
Hi Drew.

Hope your night is going well. I turned in early tonight and just like I figured would happen I woke up in the middle of the night unable to fall back asleep. So I got up and figured I'd check in here.

To answer your question the answer is "no, I've never seen two people who agree on everything". And I agree that there never will be. But as you know God's Holy Word teaches that it's God's desire that we strive to be like minded in Christ. And not tossed to and fro by false doctrines of man.

The only way that can happen is if we let the Holy Spirit and God's Holy Word be our guide and final authority. We always need to be vigilant to make sure that what we say and what we believe that is taught to us by man lines up with God's Holy Word. Because if we don't than we will quickly find out just how true the following scripture in God's Holy Word is.

Ephesians 4:14.

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
_______

And as you said, "we are still learning". And that learning will last our entire life. And as long as we let the Holy Spirit and God's Holy Word guide us, and continue to "study ourselves to be approved" as we continue to learn and grow we will remain on the course of righteousness we have through our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

2nd Timothy 2:15.

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
_______

Have a good night and a great Friday. God bless you my Brother in Christ.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#468852 Nov 30, 2012
Good Early Morning Everyone...

:)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#468853 Nov 30, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Early Morning Everyone...
:)
Good morning Q;

Sittin pretty close to quarter of two am here in the mountains of the land of enchantment and the temperature sittin good for this night at 39 degrees.Suppose to have a warm day come day light.
Hope all is well with you and family is doin good too.God Bless
Caught you later in my rounds have a good one.God bless.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#468854 Nov 30, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> You're missing our point, your post has revealed that it is not justice that you want but revenge instead, you have expressed a wish for another inmate to murder this man in cold blood and that is not the same thing as a judicial process being carried out, we have the right to be angry as I've said before but we are not to let the sun go down on our anger.
No,you just THINK I'm 'misssin' your point'. I ain't missin' jack. You're just some 'holier than thou' internet 'whimp' who's been 'de-sensitized' towards extreme evil. You'd play a different tune if it was our own child. Movin' on... Morning,Lil' Whimp. Hello,Q.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#468855 Nov 30, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Didn't say that Drew and I "agreed on everything"
Hey there Bro. Lawest... responding to some of these. Nope, I'm the one who said it. I said it earlier just to point out the fact that it would seem that if the two of you had agreed on something then You would say it is The Holy Spirit that brought the two of you into that agreement... but in this case, IMHO, it is only tradition that brought you two into that agreement. But if another dogma arose in which the two of you greatly differed on in the Word (and it has happened)... my guess is that if ever got heated again you would be taking the same stance with yourself saying, "it is The Spirit of God who rises in me" and yet not the other. My point is, it is always easy to thump the chest and make a boast like that. Anyone can say that on the fly and I'm saying this respectfully, it just shows immaturity IMHO. It's not always necessarily the Spirit of God who rises up in people when they boast something like that... it can also be the Spirit of hard-headedness sometimes. If one had the Spirit of God, why make a boast like that anyhow? It's like one is trying to inform the other in a subliminal way that "I'm more special than you BECAUSE "I" have the Spirit of God... nanny nanny boo boo.

It's immature and doesn't prove anything.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#468856 Nov 30, 2012
http://news.yahoo.com/analysis-democrats-disc... All of you kids and young adults see this? Barack Obama,Jamie Foxx's 'lord and savior',is trying to 'punish' ya'll for 'inheriting wealth' by calling for 'higher taxes' on the wealth you 'inherit'. And I wonder which 'group of kids and young adults' THAT would mainly be??'Rush Limbaugh' alert!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 min Paul Porter1 442,590
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min Freebird USA 176,430
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min nanoanomaly 826,440
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 12 min Panty master 226
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min marge 583,169
Poll Grade all of Humanity to date. How have We done... 18 min Fresh poop 2
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 21 min Jay 312
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr rbphoenix80 98,917
More from around the web