Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#468764 Nov 29, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Thank You that I am still alive and able to enjoy this day You have given me. Would You do me a favor? Show me how well I am doing in keeping my word and my commitments. Examine the desires of my heart, the words of my mouth, and the actions I take (or don't take). Do I follow through like I should? Do I keep my commitments? Please help me to be trustworthy and dependable. Please forgive me where I have fallen short. Help me to not over commit myself and to think and pray before I speak and make commitments. May my thoughts, words, and actions bring glory to You and not disappointment or shame. I trust You and commit my thought life to You as well as my eyes, mouth, hands, and feet, that they may be about Your business. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen, good morning Epi.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#468765 Nov 29, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi J,
I wish ya'll would come around more often.
Those were the days ...
hu
This response will be more than what you asked for but for some reason...it has been on my mind the last few days...maybe it is meant to be written. I don't know...you don't have to read it...I just felt like writing this morning.

I haven't posted here much in the last few weeks but have skimmed from time to time...reading a bit here and a bit there. A couple of days ago a thought came to me...one that I had as a child.

A typical Sunday for me as a child was mom getting me ready for church...she would get a rag and start searching for any "rusty spots" as she called them and then proceed to scrub until not only had she removed any "rust" but half of the skin that lay beneath. I was always impatient for her to finish...not just so that the pain would be over but so that I could hurry up and get out the back door.

My dad having already dressed and had his coffee would head off down to the barn...climb up into the loft...where an old Bible lay on an old pulpit that had been given to him from one of the churches. That is where every Sunday morning for years he would study the lesson that he was going to teach that day or work on a sermon if he happened to have a church that he was preaching for.

I could hear the sound of his voice resonating up the worn path from the barn to the house and I would sit on the back stoop listening...not to the words but to the passion in his voice as he prayed. The sound of his voice was like music that echoed through the hollows of our farm. When he was finished I would hurry back inside for some reason I felt as if I had been ease dropping on his conversation with God.

We would head off to church not long after...I can remember sitting in the back seat behind my dad...I would sit on the edge of the seat just wanting to be close to that voice that I had just a few minutes before heard drifting up the path.

Mom would hand us our Sunday School money and tell us not to lose it...we were always so tight on money that if we lost it there was just no more. I did not want to not have my offering...

Then one day...the worst happened...I thought if I put my money in my mouth there was no way that I could lose it...well...you can imagine what followed that great thought I had. I was terrified...too ashamed to tell my mom...so I had no offering...I didn't know what to do...I just accepted that I would probably go to hell because I had swallowed God's money!:-)

On Sunday afternoons if dad wasn't holding service at some church we would head off to my grandmothers house for dinner. The whole clan would be there and anyone else that needed to eat that day. The women would gather in the kitchen to talk a prepare food and the men would gather in the living room to discuss that morning's sermon or lesson. Most often you could find me tucked away in a corner or curled up in my grandmothers rocker...just listening to both parties.

It is on those Sunday afternoons that my thought first came to my head...maybe it was the beginning of my beliefs changing...

I heard men slice and dice God in to bits and pieces...each claiming to have the right slices...each disagreeing with the other...each knowing for sure that they were right.

Then one Sunday afternoon...the inevitable happened...I couldn't help myself...I tried to stop this mouth of mine...I just couldn't.

From the stool tucked away in the corner...to my horror...I said it...blurted it out...not a whisper...but almost at the top of my lungs...

Why can you not just let God be?

Okay...I am out of those little characters...I am not sure if I will finish this or not...once again I have not been able to control this mouth...I just had to blurt it out once again...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#468766 Nov 29, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry my friend but there is no confusement among God's true elect,.....
The "only real Christians" fallacy.

<face palm>

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#468767 Nov 29, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
This response will be more than what you asked for but for some reason...it has been on my mind the last few days...maybe it is meant to be written. I don't know...you don't have to read it...I just felt like writing this morning.
I haven't posted here much in the last few weeks but have skimmed from time to time...reading a bit here and a bit there. A couple of days ago a thought came to me...one that I had as a child.
A typical Sunday for me as a child was mom getting me ready for church...she would get a rag and start searching for any "rusty spots" as she called them and then proceed to scrub until not only had she removed any "rust" but half of the skin that lay beneath. I was always impatient for her to finish...not just so that the pain would be over but so that I could hurry up and get out the back door.
My dad having already dressed and had his coffee would head off down to the barn...climb up into the loft...where an old Bible lay on an old pulpit that had been given to him from one of the churches. That is where every Sunday morning for years he would study the lesson that he was going to teach that day or work on a sermon if he happened to have a church that he was preaching for.
I could hear the sound of his voice resonating up the worn path from the barn to the house and I would sit on the back stoop listening...not to the words but to the passion in his voice as he prayed. The sound of his voice was like music that echoed through the hollows of our farm. When he was finished I would hurry back inside for some reason I felt as if I had been ease dropping on his conversation with God.
We would head off to church not long after...I can remember sitting in the back seat behind my dad...I would sit on the edge of the seat just wanting to be close to that voice that I had just a few minutes before heard drifting up the path.
Mom would hand us our Sunday School money and tell us not to lose it...we were always so tight on money that if we lost it there was just no more. I did not want to not have my offering...
Then one day...the worst happened...I thought if I put my money in my mouth there was no way that I could lose it...well...you can imagine what followed that great thought I had. I was terrified...too ashamed to tell my mom...so I had no offering...I didn't know what to do...I just accepted that I would probably go to hell because I had swallowed God's money!:-)
On Sunday afternoons if dad wasn't holding service at some church we would head off to my grandmothers house for dinner. The whole clan would be there and anyone else that needed to eat that day. The women would gather in the kitchen to talk a prepare food and the men would gather in the living room to discuss that morning's sermon or lesson. Most often you could find me tucked away in a corner or curled up in my grandmothers rocker...just listening to both parties.
It is on those Sunday afternoons that my thought first came to my head...maybe it was the beginning of my beliefs changing...
I heard men slice and dice God in to bits and pieces...each claiming to have the right slices...each disagreeing with the other...each knowing for sure that they were right.
Then one Sunday afternoon...the inevitable happened...I couldn't help myself...I tried to stop this mouth of mine...I just couldn't.
From the stool tucked away in the corner...to my horror...I said it...blurted it out...not a whisper...but almost at the top of my lungs...
Okay...I am out of those little characters...I am not sure if I will finish this or not...once again I have not been able to control this mouth...I just had to blurt it out once again...
Ummm,
Are you asking me; why can't I just let God be?
What did I do now?

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#468768 Nov 29, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm,
What did I do now?
From the mouths of babes ...

So what happened next?
What happened after you blurted?

How old were you when that happened?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468769 Nov 29, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
If anyone was following and praying for Deb's little cousin AJ......(A ten year old with Cancer)...Please keep them in Prayer..He passed this morning at 2AM
Very sorry to hear that Epi, please give Deb my regards and that her and her family are in our prayers.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#468770 Nov 29, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm,
What did I do now?
No "H"...it was a generalized question...one meant for the reader to ask themselves...was not directed at anyone.

sigh...okay...that one failed...I think that no one gets me...but...oh well...it is not necessary.

Your post to me was merely the catalyst that made me write...

Never mind...I did say that you did not have to read it and that it had been on my mind for a couple of days after having read bits and pieces of the postings here.

Sorry...I need to learn to control those urges to write...along with that mouth I suppose.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#468771 Nov 29, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
you don't have to read it...
J ...
Why wouldn't I read it?

I read all your writings. I even read the ones you don't know I'm reading. When I stumble on one in another room, I read it also. And when I see in the little tracker thing at the bottom of the page that you posted somewhere ...I go there and read it too.

If you put it in print and I see it, I read it.

I don't always understand, but I read it anyways. Some I read more than once.

I read you J ...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468772 Nov 29, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe that the Holy Spirit inspired the RCC to take the word "Passover" in the NT and change it into pagan word for the festival of "Easter"? Acts 12:4?
<quoted text>I'm sorry Brother Scott, I can't go there with you at all... you're definitely not saying that last part in love. You are saying that last part in agitation. You are saying it "principally" because it makes you irritated when I say Jesus is not God the Father. Now I hope you can at least understand what I'm about to say here... and I'm not saying this with malice or anything but I just want to make it clear. That no matter how many times you browbeat in your posts that you have the Spirit of God in you to declare such and such... and I don't mind if you, Drew and others do a thousand high-fives or possibly shun me from now until Kingdom come... it still won't change my mind because I believe what The Lord has shown me... that Jesus "ain't" The Father. Smile.
It is simply telling the truth. If my studying, praying and searching for the Truth continually in God is in vain and makes me a Pharisee which strains at a gnat...then so be it.
Now, if I were to go back knowingly to an untruth that I've been set free from... when I said Jesus is the Father when I was in ignorance, then I need to go get my slave clothes back on. But Jesus said that the Truth would set you free and I'm free indeed, my brother.
:)
Sorry that you feel that way Qu but it is for the spirit to open your eyes to God and Christ being one and the same, as I am not brow beating you or "high fiving" with Drew or anyone else against you but the spirit did bring to us both obviously that same scripture concerning straining at a gnat, and agwin I did post what I post to you out of love and not malice aggravation or irritation, the Bible makes it very clear that Jesus Christ is the everlasting FATHER as well as the son given and to refute this is to deny the very scriptures and Word for which we have our salvation therein.

Also I'm not sure what the RCC is but I stand firm that God's Word inspired all scriptures through his prophets and Apostles and worked through and guided the hands of man to divide the books up into chapters and verses, easter is just another word for the jewish passover that has nothing to do with the Lord Jesus Christ but was like Christmas commecialized and incorperated with Christ by false church and state,

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#468773 Nov 29, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
No "H"...it was a generalized question...one meant for the reader to ask themselves...was not directed at anyone.
sigh...okay...that one failed...I think that no one gets me...but...oh well...it is not necessary.
Your post to me was merely the catalyst that made me write...
Never mind...I did say that you did not have to read it and that it had been on my mind for a couple of days after having read bits and pieces of the postings here.
Sorry...I need to learn to control those urges to write...along with that mouth I suppose.
I figured it was generalsomething ...I just wanted to make sure.

No one failed, least of all you.

I'm sure that you'll agree; written communication is difficult. In the absence of expression and body language it's easy to read to much ...or not enough. We work thru them things.

Here, take my hand. I have only two and I'll trust you with one of them. It's a journey Annie. I'm not perfect, nor do I come premolded. We learn together. So many don't understand that. Like so many in this room ...just like the men in your Grannie's living room.

Just like me ...to eager to go on the defensive. When it shouldn't be about individual defense ...rather about teamwork.

Wouldn't you agree?

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#468774 Nov 29, 2012
Annie,

Here, I saw this and want to share it with you ...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/nypd-boot...
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#468775 Nov 29, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
your post is to long?
teach nothing,and make tired readers,
also respond always in short sentences.

have good day mama Annie
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#468776 Nov 29, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I already am aware that the cross is pagan symbol.. that is why it is a shameful death and even more so to the Messiah. The power of the cross is not the tree or the wood in itself... but the power of the cross is how God's Son was made an atonement for our sin and how His Father reconciled the world back unto Himself. Now since you believe the JW doctrine that you are one of the 144,000 in Revelations, a true child of God doesn't make a habit of cursings like you are apt to do unrepentedly, repeatedly and unashamedly using your Dr. Shrink and Prince aliases. Plus, the last I heard... the last of the 144,000 of the JWs from the original 1914, 1916 doctrine "is not"...(passed on).
You halucinate and complain about JW doctrines of 14400

seems to me you have no idea that this number is written in Revelation 7.14
not by JW in 1914,1916

you wander around wild woods not knowing where is proper path.

it is my own choice of my allieses,read posts,and step down from worries of others alliases

o so?
1916 was years of JW without of any predictions,
next of all I am not JW?
nor supporter of JW WTBS tracherous leadership.?

I believe what Bible is telling us about 14400 first fruits of early rain.

but again,this is your pleasure what you believe at,
I just don't influence your lost mind and adopted world
pagan traditions to your beliefs

murderous tool of pagans doesn't have any power, also pagan cross doesn't have any power or holliness- this is just wood murderous toll till today droping blood of our Saviour

I set you free from worries about my alliases

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#468777 Nov 29, 2012
Prince Helmut Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
your post is to long?
have good day mama Annie
NO, her post was just right!

Get lost 007 ...
Take a long walk off a short pier ...
Go play in traffic ...
C-ya ...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#468778 Nov 29, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry that you feel that way Qu but it is for the spirit to open your eyes to God and Christ being one and the same,..
Why is it other Christian are in the wrong and every Christian thinks they (or their sect) is the only one that has "open their eyes" ?

Why do none ever stop and think, "Hey, Maybe I have it wrong" ?

Unless you were born knwing everything about God you are just like everyone else. You read the Bible (maybe), heard what people said about it, then formed an opinion about what and who you believed.

You are no different from a Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist or Mormon.

You all (with a few exceptions that you all call heretics and apostates) think only you know God and everyone else is wrong.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#468779 Nov 29, 2012
hick-up wrote:
Annie,
Here, I saw this and want to share it with you ...
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/nypd-boot...
Thanks "H".

Some think that one person can not make a difference...I think this proves...

It can start with just one.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#468780 Nov 29, 2012
<quoted text>
your post is to long?
have good day mama Annie
If it is too long shrinky dink...don't read it.

I do not write to please anyone but to express what is in my heart...sometimes there is a lot there.

I am not trying to teach anyone anything...just to perhaps make them think...

Hope this is short enough for you and didn't tire you out too much.

There was a shorter version but I figured Topix might delete it! LOL

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#468781 Nov 29, 2012
<quoted text>
You halucinate and complain about JW doctrines of 14400
seems to me you have no idea that this number is written in Revelation 7.14
not by JW in 1914,1916
you wander around wild woods not knowing where is proper path.
it is my own choice of my allieses,read posts,and step down from worries of others alliases
o so?
1916 was years of JW without of any predictions,
next of all I am not JW?
nor supporter of JW WTBS tracherous leadership.?
I believe what Bible is telling us about 14400 first fruits of early rain.
but again,this is your pleasure what you believe at,
I just don't influence your lost mind and adopted world
pagan traditions to your beliefs
murderous tool of pagans doesn't have any power, also pagan cross doesn't have any power or holliness- this is just wood murderous toll till today droping blood of our Saviour
I set you free from worries about my alliases
No PHP, you still sport the JW doctrine... you might as well continue paying your dues to the WatchTower.

Apostle Paul: "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

I Corinthians 1:18

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#468782 Nov 29, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured it was generalsomething ...I just wanted to make sure.
No one failed, least of all you.
I'm sure that you'll agree; written communication is difficult. In the absence of expression and body language it's easy to read to much ...or not enough. We work thru them things.
Here, take my hand. I have only two and I'll trust you with one of them. It's a journey Annie. I'm not perfect, nor do I come premolded. We learn together. So many don't understand that. Like so many in this room ...just like the men in your Grannie's living room.
Just like me ...to eager to go on the defensive. When it shouldn't be about individual defense ...rather about teamwork.
Wouldn't you agree?
I will try to answer this after shrinky dink has had a nap...wouldn't want to tire him to the brink of collapse!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468784 Nov 29, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it other Christian are in the wrong and every Christian thinks they (or their sect) is the only one that has "open their eyes" ?
Why do none ever stop and think, "Hey, Maybe I have it wrong" ?
Unless you were born knwing everything about God you are just like everyone else. You read the Bible (maybe), heard what people said about it, then formed an opinion about what and who you believed.
You are no different from a Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist or Mormon.
You all (with a few exceptions that you all call heretics and apostates) think only you know God and everyone else is wrong.
Sorry D but as usual your ideas are based off of a lack of true spiritual knowledge, When one has been given God's truth by revelation of his spirit they don't have t consider that they have it wrong, if you are standing next to a blind man both of you waiting to cross the street and you tell him that the light is on green and you cannot cross yet for the traffic and he tells you the light is red and he can't see..........are you going to say "hey maybe I'm wrong".

Tsk tsk tsk..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Toby 106,095
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min NoStress4me 56,348
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min hojo 650,780
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 26 min Yes Liberal 445,939
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 27 min Rider on the Storm 182,989
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 35 min Student 45,009
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Hoss 971,894
More from around the web