Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#468746 Nov 29, 2012
Drew H wrote:
There are too many to list.
Don't get led astray by these excuses, created by men simply because they lacked understanding and couldn't provide a valid, scriptural reason to explain their beliefs. The terms "mystery" and "mysteries" only appear a little more than a dozen times, and none are used to identify our "Godhead," nor "God."
Drew H wrote:
I don't have a problem with the identity of God, though. The Godhead is one and He has revealed Himself in three distinct ways throughout the ages; hence His triune nature. However, from reading your posts, it seems that you are not including the Holy Spirit who is at work on earth in this present age.
First, I believe the Holy Spirit is as natural part of Father as sight is a perfectly functioning eye. Personification, it would seem, has become man's enemy.
Drew H wrote:
Me, I have no problem with the three distinct personalities that the Godhead (God) has manifested Himself as. According to Philippians, Jesus emptied Himself (kenosis) of many privileges to become a man, yet He remained God. And the Holy Spirit is our guide in this present age. More later as time and space are running out.
Can you explain the following, please and if you will, with nothing but scripture to explain the occurrences? And if I may make one request, please don't turn this into some cosmic ventriloquist act. Obviously, such an act cannot be proven with scriptures.

John 12:28-30
Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.
The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.
Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.

Matthew 3:16-17
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 17:4-7
Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.

Again and please, let us refrain from making this some cosmic ventriloquist act, as such an act cannot be proven by scriptures. And please, let us not try to explain this with personal commentary. But, please explain from whom this voice originates, and how it served to prove that Father and Son are one and the same to the witnesses.

Thank you for your time and consideration, Drew H. And by the way, glad to make your acquaintance.

Until next time...

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#468747 Nov 29, 2012
REVELATION

Rev 1:7 (Part 5)

"Look, He is coming with the clouds, AND EVERY EYE WILL SEE HIM, even those who pierced Him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of Him. So shall it be! Amen."

1. Every eye will see Him - This is referring to the Judgment Seat of Christ. Every man will be rewarded according to His own work. All men, every man... whether they believe in Jesus or not will have to face Him... some say face up to Him... but even so they will give an account of their lives to The Son of God.

a. Jesus: "But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.” Matthew 12

(1) Words spoke in secret and in public.

b. Apostle Paul: "So then, each of us will give an account of Himself to God." Romans 14:12

c. Apostle Peter: "But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead." I peter 4:5

d. Apostle James: "Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. THE JUDGE IS STANDING AT THE DOOR!" James 5:9

2. So those who may have wanted proof of Jesus' existence... or is He really the Son of God will be able to witness it first hand one day.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#468748 Nov 29, 2012
Have a blessed morning and a very good day everyone. Hello to all. Smile.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#468749 Nov 29, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>While the interlinear gives you the original word used... the Bible Concordances actually zooms in onto that word and gives good descriptions.....
Christian concordances. The word is Hebrew and means god(s).

Recall that the OT is a Jewish Hebrew text. The concordances are Chrisitan apologetics, not Jewish Hebrew scholars.

Now, the Jewish 'apologetics' have a diffeerent "out" for that verse.

Funny that no one wants to take their "God's word" at face value. LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#468750 Nov 29, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
@ G, if you read Psalm 82 carefully and without bias you will see that it is talking about "judging righteous judgement." It talks about defending the poor, to stop showing favoritism and the like yadda yadda...
So "gods" being referred to in that Psalms has to do with loving mercy and justice... that is, judging righteously as Jesus, God's Son said to do.
John 7:24 ... Zachariah 7:9... James 2:4
<smile> If you read the OT without bias, you will see that all the Psalms are simply human songs and poems (allegedly written by David) and NOT the "words of God"... just like the Jews have been saaying for 3000 years.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#468751 Nov 29, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Soil (Body), The Spirit of God breathed into Adam, and man became a living soul ---> Body, Spirit of God/human spirit (<----intertwined) & Soul. Interestingly enough... human comes from two words... humus+man... humus means to come from the soil.
<quoted text>We would call it dormancy... God calls it death because The Spirit of God separated from the spirit of man. So then Adam's structure after the fall was Body, human spirit and soul. Your spirit is that emanating principle of life within you... your soul is your mind, intellect and will. In other words, your soul is your "conscious". So when one dies, their spirit goes back to God, the Body goes back to or towards the earth but the soul's destination is another matter.
<quoted text>I understand that you may believe that way but even Nicodemus... a Jewish ruler and teacher of the law had a problem understanding what Jesus was talking about being reborn. But in Christian terms, when a person is born again... truly born again... The Holy Spirit comes back and intertwines with their human spirit. That doesn't mean that the person loses their free will... but that the Holy Spirit convicts them of their sin... woos them to live righteously, so forth and so on.
According to Genesis, Clay + God's Spirit = Nephesh.

Nepesh is simply the Hebrew for "living creature". Nephesh is translated as soul in the Christian Bible when refering to man but left at living creaature for animals.

There is no difference between humans and animals until Adam and Eve eat from the tree and become ,according to Genesis, just like gods except they will die (should have eaten from the other tree first).

“"None shall pass"”

There

#468752 Nov 29, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>....even Nicodemus... a Jewish ruler and teacher of the law had a problem understanding what Jesus was talking about being reborn.....
1. Based on a Christian account.
2. Even Christains don't agree on what "reborn" means, seen the evidence on this thread.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#468753 Nov 29, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>...the Jews would never want to admit they crucified their Saviour........
They did. It is in the Talmud. The Sanhedrin records Jesus, Matthew and four other disciples being executed on the day before passover by Pilate.

Not sure why this evidence is buried by Christianity.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#468754 Nov 29, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>If that was YOUR six year daughter,you wouldn't be acting all 'holier than thou' about it.
No doctor, There is no 'holier than thou' working here at all, because if God's Word is truly within you then you should know these things, shouldn't you?

I know that there is a natural inclination to become angry and put off by hearing that such things have happened but we have to move on in Christ and hope that person will be punished yo the full extend of the law ( short of capitol punishment ) and to pray for the little girls family and friends.

Peace.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#468755 Nov 29, 2012
M*O*R*N*I*N*G

“I’m not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.”

~ Helen Keller

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468756 Nov 29, 2012
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Thank You that I am still alive and able to enjoy this day You have given me. Would You do me a favor? Show me how well I am doing in keeping my word and my commitments. Examine the desires of my heart, the words of my mouth, and the actions I take (or don't take). Do I follow through like I should? Do I keep my commitments? Please help me to be trustworthy and dependable. Please forgive me where I have fallen short. Help me to not over commit myself and to think and pray before I speak and make commitments. May my thoughts, words, and actions bring glory to You and not disappointment or shame. I trust You and commit my thought life to You as well as my eyes, mouth, hands, and feet, that they may be about Your business. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Prime Time with God

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468757 Nov 29, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Bro. Scott... no problemo.
<quoted text>The reason why Paul wrote "mystery" was because there were a lot of what they called "mystery religions" floating around in his day... like the gnostics for example. He sometimes used their imageries to illustrate what God was like and one example is when he used that word "mystery" to describe Christ and The Church as a marriage between the husband and wife. So in knowing this, to me when one says the word "mystery" they make it seem like it's magical, spooky or something. The truth is, when you draw closer to God and He will draw closer to you. The closer He gets, the clearer you start to see Him...
Good morning bro, that much is true, the mysteries of God is just that to those who do NOT know him..........a mystery.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468758 Nov 29, 2012
Encouraging Words....

“All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God's paths to follow our own. Yet the Lord laid on him the sins of us all.”

Isaiah 53:6

K-Love

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468759 Nov 29, 2012
Christian Schirnhofer wrote:
None of tha is real, all is based on some very outdated heroic storiesq. All those so called believers are nothign more than confused people, too confused to focus on their own little lifes so they divert their attention to somewhere else. Read a book aout the Christian cruisades and tell me if those folks did the right thing, spread the word of God that is or if they created nothing else but war, misery and chaos.
Christian Schirnhofer
Sorry my friend but there is no confusement among God's true elect, if you had real Godly knowledge of these matters then you would know that not EVERYONE who names the name of Christ are really his and as the prince of peace he did not call us to war and pillaging.

Have a nice day.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468760 Nov 29, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey RA,
Thank you. I don’t do well with bullies. Although I don’t hate them I have never like a bully and I’m afraid I’m not going to change on that.
It’s good to talk with you Brother and you are still on my list of those who I wish, pray for, good health. You take as good care of yourself as you can. Rest up.
HFN
No one likes a BULLY....

Blessings to you friend

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468761 Nov 29, 2012
Lifelover wrote:
Hi Everyone.. I promice I will stop by tomorrow.. I miss all of you!!
Hey Dawn....How are you doing? How is your husbands health?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468762 Nov 29, 2012
See ya'll later

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468763 Nov 29, 2012
If anyone was following and praying for Deb's little cousin AJ......(A ten year old with Cancer)...Please keep them in Prayer..He passed this morning at 2AM

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468764 Nov 29, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Thank You that I am still alive and able to enjoy this day You have given me. Would You do me a favor? Show me how well I am doing in keeping my word and my commitments. Examine the desires of my heart, the words of my mouth, and the actions I take (or don't take). Do I follow through like I should? Do I keep my commitments? Please help me to be trustworthy and dependable. Please forgive me where I have fallen short. Help me to not over commit myself and to think and pray before I speak and make commitments. May my thoughts, words, and actions bring glory to You and not disappointment or shame. I trust You and commit my thought life to You as well as my eyes, mouth, hands, and feet, that they may be about Your business. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen, good morning Epi.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#468765 Nov 29, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi J,
I wish ya'll would come around more often.
Those were the days ...
hu
This response will be more than what you asked for but for some reason...it has been on my mind the last few days...maybe it is meant to be written. I don't know...you don't have to read it...I just felt like writing this morning.

I haven't posted here much in the last few weeks but have skimmed from time to time...reading a bit here and a bit there. A couple of days ago a thought came to me...one that I had as a child.

A typical Sunday for me as a child was mom getting me ready for church...she would get a rag and start searching for any "rusty spots" as she called them and then proceed to scrub until not only had she removed any "rust" but half of the skin that lay beneath. I was always impatient for her to finish...not just so that the pain would be over but so that I could hurry up and get out the back door.

My dad having already dressed and had his coffee would head off down to the barn...climb up into the loft...where an old Bible lay on an old pulpit that had been given to him from one of the churches. That is where every Sunday morning for years he would study the lesson that he was going to teach that day or work on a sermon if he happened to have a church that he was preaching for.

I could hear the sound of his voice resonating up the worn path from the barn to the house and I would sit on the back stoop listening...not to the words but to the passion in his voice as he prayed. The sound of his voice was like music that echoed through the hollows of our farm. When he was finished I would hurry back inside for some reason I felt as if I had been ease dropping on his conversation with God.

We would head off to church not long after...I can remember sitting in the back seat behind my dad...I would sit on the edge of the seat just wanting to be close to that voice that I had just a few minutes before heard drifting up the path.

Mom would hand us our Sunday School money and tell us not to lose it...we were always so tight on money that if we lost it there was just no more. I did not want to not have my offering...

Then one day...the worst happened...I thought if I put my money in my mouth there was no way that I could lose it...well...you can imagine what followed that great thought I had. I was terrified...too ashamed to tell my mom...so I had no offering...I didn't know what to do...I just accepted that I would probably go to hell because I had swallowed God's money!:-)

On Sunday afternoons if dad wasn't holding service at some church we would head off to my grandmothers house for dinner. The whole clan would be there and anyone else that needed to eat that day. The women would gather in the kitchen to talk a prepare food and the men would gather in the living room to discuss that morning's sermon or lesson. Most often you could find me tucked away in a corner or curled up in my grandmothers rocker...just listening to both parties.

It is on those Sunday afternoons that my thought first came to my head...maybe it was the beginning of my beliefs changing...

I heard men slice and dice God in to bits and pieces...each claiming to have the right slices...each disagreeing with the other...each knowing for sure that they were right.

Then one Sunday afternoon...the inevitable happened...I couldn't help myself...I tried to stop this mouth of mine...I just couldn't.

From the stool tucked away in the corner...to my horror...I said it...blurted it out...not a whisper...but almost at the top of my lungs...

Why can you not just let God be?

Okay...I am out of those little characters...I am not sure if I will finish this or not...once again I have not been able to control this mouth...I just had to blurt it out once again...

Why can you not just let God be?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min onemale 281,843
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 63,476
What is your most embarrassing photo? 4 min Thelordofdogtown 2
Just chatt 15 min Truthiness 16
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Liamm 653,706
women watching men naked on webcam (Mar '12) 40 min Gerg 58
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Brian_G 445,965
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr DebraE 106,479
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr karl44 973,685
More from around the web