|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure how you see it, but I can trace my lineage back to God, too. I was with God before I was born and before the begining...as was everythign in the cosmos. If one investigates "Logos" in the Greek philophical sense, it means exactly that.
Good early morning G... the way I see it is that only One could have ever boasted that... that is The Lord Jesus Christ at the time:

Jesus (talking about Himself): "No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man."

I love this one even though you and I disagree of which Son this scripture is talking about... it's talking about The Messiah:

"Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Who has gathered up the wind in the hollow of his hands? Who has wrapped up the waters in his cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and the name of his son? Tell me if you know!" Proverbs 30

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing that Jesus did or said that can not be claimed any person, including domething he never said... being a god.
"I said you are all gods." Pslam 81
Basically we are God's representatives on the earth and the context of psalms 82 is to point out, that as representatives that man ought to do good. Again, reps on the earth because Adam was created and formed on the earth... they were suppose to do God's will on earth from a physical standpoint as it was done in heaven from a spiritual standing... but they "chose" their own course.

Now when Jesus was being confronted by the Pharisees... they just wanted Him out by any means necessary so they would try to catch Him or trip Him up in His own Words. Jesus was on to them however... because He used the phrase "I and The Father are one"... they thought they had Him and picked up stones to stone Him... so Jesus hit them with that "ye are gods" script which put his attackers in freeze frame mode.

But Jesus is unique because He is the only "begotten" of the Father Who had left His Father and the glories of heaven to come through the body prepared for Him. He is from heaven, we are from the earth.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps another thing I find 'erroneous'(IMHO) about Christianity is that it degrades mankind to less than an animal,

We are definitely not animals even though some declare that and we can sure act like it sometimes. God has made us a higher-ordered species. Plus, the animal kingdom and mankind were created on different days or eras... so based on that - for myself, I don't believe what Darwin had said. I don't believe that there ever was an evolution between beast and mankind.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
refusing to accept the divine that is alive (or dormant) within every living creature and esp.(if not more so) in man.
Adam & Eve were created with their human spirits, soul and body intact. When Adam sinned, their human spirits died the human family had inherited that same dead spiritual nature. If one is not born again, that is, born of the Spirit... then, from my understanding they are basically, spiritually dead. The only thing alive is their soul and body (their fleshly nature) and that will perish each in their own way unless one is saved. At least that is how I see it from a biblical standpoint.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That man 'sins' is proof of his divinity AND proof that man has not the wisdom to control that divinity on his own. IMHO Jesus was teaching how to use that divine nature for good instead of self destruction (personal and communal).
I'm not sure where you are getting that "man's sins are proof of his divinity" from. If anything, it just proves reign over our freewill, unless of course, we are forced to do something against our freewill. I agree with your last sentence except the scriptures also teach about Salvation only through Him. Even Jesus speaks of that.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>As you most likely know, I was a contributing factor in said thread. But, that's besides the point.
Regarding my last question, I wonder how so many can focus only on the English term "God" without knowing the original term and definition used. It seems, to me, that more than enough are mesmerized by the capitalization of the English, capitalized term rather than the original. And because of this, the lies continue. Rarely does anyone realize that any lie, even after a minute time, can appear as truth. We were warned that the devil and his minions can be perceived as angels of light, and here's where pride comes in.
Many know the scriptures. And many have read the dangers of falsehood, according to the scriptures. But, how many apply what's warned to themselves? How many, even for a second, consider the possibility that they've learned and adhered to lies? None, or very little. We all read the bible, but none are so bold to question the doctrines they've learned, or the beliefs they have.
What puzzles me the most is when one, or even some, will agree with post after post, without repentance. But, then, when you reveal something that's not according to what they've believed, NOW they disagree! Why was I on point before, but not now? Why did I speak truth before, but now, I'm a liar? Why was I orientated before, but disorientated now? Why do your religious leaders have to be right, but me wrong? Have they studied as much to declare, without question, the Truth?
This is the end of the ages. Shouldn't new revelations be expected? Many people from all denominations and religions claim that "God," in some way, is speaking through them. But, who's telling the truth? LAWEST100? Native from PA? Seentheotherside/Seen Is Awesome? Me?
Fear has always been a main contrivance among the elite, whether religious, philosophical, or what-have-you. The clock never stops, even if we feel that whatever took forever. The spiritual clock is coming to its fulfillment. This is the time to love. continue, mu Brother.
Thanks Brother, that was very enlightning.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point..Thanks. Maybe I should come to this thread and talk about our Lord. God Bless
Praise God... you are more than welcome. Keep in mind that we're all still under construction, God's not finished with us yet! Smile.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

REVELATION

Rev 1:7 (Part 3)

"Look, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of Him. So shall it be! Amen. "

1. He is coming -

a. There are a whole bunch of different doctrines out there regarding a rapture - whether it's pre-tribulation, post-tribulation... yadda yadda... but the truth is Jesus is coming back for a 2nd and last time. The doctrine that The Church, and by church I mean those who genuinely believe Jesus to save them, well... the doctrine that The Church will escape the tribulation before the rapture is seemingly not going to be the case.

(1) Origins of the pre-trib rapture doctrine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

(2) But most likely, there is going to be a post-tribulation type of rapture when The Lord Jesus returns... that "twinkling of an eye thing" for Believers from both the past and present will happen while the earth will be purged with fire.

(a) There is a lot more detail to that (twinkling of an eye situation) but perhaps we can get into that later. OYE had a good grasp on this... I didn't believe what she was saying at first but when I researched it myself I had to concede to what she had said regarding the matter. Also, in researching her views, I found out that the pre-tribulation rapture theory was (or should I say "is") fraudulent. All this time I had went on what my ministers had taught me... but it wasn't entirely their fault either because they too had been deceived.

2. With the clouds -

a. I looked at the original language for this and it gives a cloud in a singular form instead of plural. That would make sense because when Jesus ascended back up to The Father in heaven in the book of Acts (Acts 1:9) and as the 11 disciples watched Jesus go up "a cloud" hid Him from their sight. And it goes on to say that He will return in the same way. I just wonder if that cloud is the same Shekinah cloud that was on the mount of transfiguration, or rested as the pillar of cloud on the tabernacle in the wilderness during Moses' time, or the same cloud that overshadowed Mary... if that is the case then this cloud would represent the Divine Presence and Glory of God.

a. In any case, Jesus is returning... and we should be in the waiting and "on the ready and alert" at all times in regards to our own Faith in the Lord.

(1) Jesus: "So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him." Matthew 24:43

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

REVELATION

Rev 1:7 (Part 4)

"Look, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of Him. So shall it be! Amen. "

1. He is coming with the clouds - When Jesus returns that is called the Day of the Lord.... some people know it as Judgment Day, the Day of Judgement and by many other metaphors. It will be a terrible day for those who rejected the gift of Salvation but a day of vindication for those who had given up their lives for the sake of the Kingdom. It is a day just like when The Lord closed The Door to Noah's ark... that door being a symbolic reference to Jesus being the Door. I'm sure there were people knocking on that Ark but the Door was shut. Jesus had said previously that just like it was in the day of Noah so shall it be in the day of the Son of Man. Everything on earth was purged except for the remnant of lives, human and animal, that were on the Ark. Now, only 8 survived that mighty flood but the world population couldn't have been no where near as populated as it is now... even so, Jesus said that only a few will be saved... so whatever that ration is it is definitely more than 8 who will be saved. Here are some other scriptures that support Rev 1:7 -

* Apostle Peter: "BUT THE DAY OF THE LORD WILL COME like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.

Peter continues:....Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. " 2 Peter 3:10

** Jesus: "There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN A CLOUD with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

Jesus continues:...Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man." Luke 21

*** Apostle Paul: "Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of THE LORD WILL COME like a thief in the night. While people are saying,“Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Paul continues:...But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief." I Thessalonians 5

Jesus: "But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, BUT ONLY the Father. Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come."

Since: Nov 12

Hyderabad, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Jesus created me so he loves me same like as mother that every mother loves their child!!
Doctor REALITY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Looks like in the North Little Rock Mayor's race all of the Joe Smith supporters said to the Tracey Steele suppoters 'Look,ya'll got a whole lotta''help' in gettin' Barack Obama re-elected,but it'll be cold day in hell before we let ya'll have Norh Little Rock too!!!'.. Hee hee hee! Kinda' like O.J. being acquitted at his criminal trial and then ending up in jail after his civil trial,huh?!!! Hee heee heeee hee hee!!! You Hawgs better get that Les Miles while the gettin' good!!!! Hee hee heeeee!!! And that's for REAL!!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Morning.....

“It is well to give when asked but it is better to give unasked, through understanding.”

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Today's Prayer

Dear Father in Heaven, This day I lift up families to you. There are so many distractions in life. People get sidetracked by their own desires, the quest for more, what others think, trying to 'climb the ladder' of success, activities and more activities, working too hard, illness, challenges and problems, and so on. We often become consumed with all of that and distracted from all that is most important. God, I pray that every person spending this time with you right now will see the need to make time for family, to acknowledge and show love for their loved ones, to prioritize their lives and obligations, to focus on what would Jesus do. May we not become districted by everything else. May we put you first, our families next, and everyone and everything else after. Please guide us, give us wisdom, and encourage us this day and in the days ahead. In Jesus' name we come to you and thank you, amen.

Primetime with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Encouraging Words....

“Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love.”

1 Corinthians 16:11

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You have done worse than that Darwin. You are a very nasty person and have a hissy fit when someone doesn’t believe as you do.
What you seem to fail to realize that you are man too and your beliefs do not a truth make any more than someone else’s does. You say you don’t need anyone’s approval. Well guess what, others don’t need your approval or nastiness when they don’t get it.
I'd like to dedicate todays encouraging word to you....

"“Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love.”

1 Corinthians 16:11

Love you Sister

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well put, Sis. God reveals to us what He does through His mercy and grace, and we are to take Him at that by faith.
He has demonstrated His triune nature and man has rejected all three; in the wilderness, in the person of Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit from Pentecost until now.
:-)

Brag on God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point..Thanks. Maybe I should come to this thread and talk about our Lord. God Bless
Grace.....Good to see you

Yes....You have alot to contribute....Jump in anytime. I've been posting here for 4 years now

Gods Blessings to you....

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Yo! Smile.
O.....
Kay....

((^\__/^))

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

FYI...

Phaedra said on Facebook that RoadRunner passed away yesterday. Her heart stopped while she was in Surgery. She was a young woman with 2 children. I believe she lived with her Mom. Please keep her family in Prayer (or good thoughts)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

L

TR

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 451,601 - 451,620 of599,041
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

568 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 532,366
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min scaritual 720,033
wierd situation with my mom. 5 min michael94525 5
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min RATTYslayer 114,959
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min Strength and Honor 172,234
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 12 min Hatti_Hollerand 53,158
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 30 min bacon hater 93,656
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 37 min John 53
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min Dr_Zorderz 256,372
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••