Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Here For Now

Knoxville, TN

#468720 Nov 28, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
GOOD night -- my it is getting late -- TLC - Judy
Goodnight Judy. I’m about caught up and when I have am planning on calling it a night too.
HFN
Here For Now

Knoxville, TN

#468721 Nov 28, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise here my friend, feeling a bit under the weather but otherwise okay.
Have a Blessed night.
I’m sorry you are not feeling well Lawest. I hope you feel better tomorrow. Good night friend.
HFN

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#468722 Nov 28, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Jumping in to send a warm smile and extra TLC to you LW -- just to read the words Gabriel appears, I can hardly wait to hear that trumpet sound -- what a mighty call that will be --
TLC - Jute
Thanks Jute is always feels good to get the extra TLC with a warm smile to wrap around it.Have a good evening.God bless always.

Since: Sep 08

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#468723 Nov 28, 2012
Hi Everyone.. I promice I will stop by tomorrow.. I miss all of you!!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#468724 Nov 28, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Scott and a wonderful evening to you, too. And you know what I say, "Brag on God!"
Amen brother.

“Destruction”

Since: Aug 12

Destruction

#468725 Nov 28, 2012
How to Be Happy with Who You Are
----------
It's important to bare in mind that every human being in this world is different, and no two faces or bodies are the same. Your 'inferiority' as you may refer to it can also be seen as a unique or individual quality. What makes you feel these things are 'inferior' to everyone else? If there is no norm amongst human beings, how can there possibly be any form of inferiority? Don't give the power of influencing your thoughts to people that don't care about you.
--
Understand that most people aren't out there to judge you. Out of everyone you see, most don't care or know about how poorly you did on your last math test, or how you've gained a little weight since last summer.
--
Seriously consider just what is so 'inferior'. If you have a complex about a specific body part, such as your arms, legs, feet, or hands, think hard about what exactly makes them 'inferior' to everyone else, and write this on paper if it helps. Seriously think about the logic of these things. You're not going to get stopped in the street for having what you think of as 'inferior' hands or feet.
--
Nobody's perfect. They say the grass is always greener on someone else's yard. If there's always someone out there with more money than you, or prettier than you, realize there's always someone uglier than you. There's someone with a bigger nose or heftier than you. There's someone with even smaller or larger breasts than you. Don't focus so much on how you can't compare, but how others can't compare to you.
--
Think about what it is you are really afraid of. What is it you fear will happen, upon the revealing of your inferiority to everyone else? Do you fear people looking, or making comments? These are all valid worries but bear in mind - everyone is different. Any comments you receive are invalid and must be ignored at all costs. It's absolutely certain there is something they think is wrong with them too.
--
Respect yourself. Look in the mirror and give yourself compliments. If you don't respect yourself, who will?
--
REMEMBER, you are NOT alone!
--
GOD Bless ALL.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#468726 Nov 28, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/police-s lain-ark-girl-suffocated-raped -213846590.html There are no words to fully explain just how angry I am at this scumbag COWARD. I really wish the inmate wo got in his cell and attacked him had killed him. Forgive me,Lord Jesus,but that's how I feel about what he did to that precious baby. And I'm not sorry for feeling that way.
Uh-uh not good doctor, GOD'S people are not to indulge in hatred, granted the Word gives us the option of being angry but warns us to sin not, there are plenty of things in life that I detest as well but this comes with the territory in our walk with Christ and hatred is a sin, you still can't hate that person but you can hate the sin and you have said that you are not sorry for how you feel but you are going to HAVE to repent from that.

Peace.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#468727 Nov 28, 2012
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi.
anybody??
Love love love you Judy..Drew..hu..Annie..Skom.
Hey,
Honestly, I thought of you just within the last couple of weeks ...thinking; I ain't seen Le_le in a while, hmmm.

Now I'm up at a quarter of three in the morning and here you are ...or there you were. Drat!

Don't be a stranger, huh.

hu

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#468728 Nov 28, 2012
Lifelover wrote:
Hi Everyone.. I promice I will stop by tomorrow.. I miss all of you!!
Hi Ll,
I thought of you also.
How have you been?
Maybe it's the holidays ...I remember reading your posts of bussing around the kitchen preparing the feast ...missed that I guess.
I'll look for you later ...
In a few hours okay?

hu

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#468729 Nov 29, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good questions "H". I wondered about some of that myself when I read his post.
Isn't there also a passage that speaks of forgiveness...so that you may be forgiven?
Hi J,
I seem to recall reading something ...
STOP, sheese, I almost told on myself.
I don't wanna be accused of reading my Bible ...might ruin the testimony of those that claim I surely never have/never do.
~smirk~

FYI ...I'm equally pleased to see you posting also.

I wish ya'll would come around more often. The place is kinda a cave without you women-folk here to liven the joint up.

Those were the days ...

hu

“Runner John Green disqualified”

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#468731 Nov 29, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing as Enoch was taken to heaven and returned
Good early morning G... actually, the scriptues says that he (Enoch) WAS NOTfor the Lord took him... "was not", "be no more" "is not" is another euphenism (sp) for died. Sometimes the Lord takes the righteous early... there is a scripture that says something to that effect.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
and there are several instances of people going to heaven (if not returning) and that Elijah is in Heaven and supposed to return (that is why Jews set a plate for him at Passover)
Elijah was supernaturally carried away "through the sky" like Philip in the NT and Ezekiel had been - though in different ways... I believe that there are 3 heavens, 1. Where God's Throne is (spiritual heaven) 2. Space 3. Sky. That word for heaven use there for Elijah in the original is "firmament" or "sky". Elijah was transported way past to where they were looking for him... as far as Elijah returning... well, he wasn't reincarnated but John the Baptist was the new Elijah. He had already come to herald the coming of the Messiah... so what they are doing is of their own, old traditions which is interesting btw...

But Enoch, Elijah and even Moses all died and went to that place called paradise (not heaven) that the Lord Jesus talked about... all humans die. The only exception will be those who are alive when the Lord returns.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
thereand the phrase "Son of Man" means either "good person" or Mankind" that the verse is misinterpretted. the OT is false or Jesus is wrong.
Jesus, being The Son of His God and Father became truly human... true. Jesus attests to this Himself.

Jesus is both the Son of God and the Son of man... He's mixed. Both the OT accounts and Jesus' account concurs...

#468732 Nov 29, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't what the word 'Elohim' used in the Psalm means though. Do we call our Congressmen gods ? There is no indication of simile in the Psalm. It does not say "like gods" it says "Gods".
While the interlinear gives you the original word used... the Bible Concordances actually zooms in onto that word and gives good descriptions. Here is what the Strong's says about the various usages of that word 'Elohim':

"1)(plural)

a) rulers, judges

b) divine ones

c) angels

d) gods

2)(plural intensive - singular meaning)

a) god, goddess

b) godlike one

c) works or special possessions of God

d) the (true) God

e) God

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...

So can one call their Congressman gods? Well, I guess "technically" you can when in the proper context (rulers, judges)... but I wouldn't call them gods as some of them already think too highly of themselves already.

#468733 Nov 29, 2012
@ G, if you read Psalm 82 carefully and without bias you will see that it is talking about "judging righteous judgement." It talks about defending the poor, to stop showing favoritism and the like yadda yadda...

So "gods" being referred to in that Psalms has to do with loving mercy and justice... that is, judging righteously as Jesus, God's Son said to do.

Some other insights:

John 7:24 ... Zachariah 7:9... James 2:4

#468734 Nov 29, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
To the first part, according to Geneis we are only clay and the spirit of God.
Soil (Body), The Spirit of God breathed into Adam, and man became a living soul ---> Body, Spirit of God/human spirit (<----intertwined) & Soul. Interestingly enough... human comes from two words... humus+man... humus means to come from the soil.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing to 'die' however the potential of the spirit can lay dormant, be used for good or be used for evil.
We would call it dormancy... God calls it death because The Spirit of God separated from the spirit of man. So then Adam's structure after the fall was Body, human spirit and soul. Your spirit is that emanating principle of life within you... your soul is your mind, intellect and will. In other words, your soul is your "conscious". So when one dies, their spirit goes back to God, the Body goes back to or towards the earth but the soul's destination is another matter.

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
To be 'reborn' in Judaism and the way I believe Jesus would have used the term, is to simply rouse the dormant spirit for good. That we have a choice in the matter is what makes us gods.
Several times in Genesis it says humans are gods but mortal. Animals do not have free will, not even Angels, only Gods and Humans.
I understand that you may believe that way but even Nicodemus... a Jewish ruler and teacher of the law had a problem understanding what Jesus was talking about being reborn. But in Christian terms, when a person is born again... truly born again... The Holy Spirit comes back and intertwines with their human spirit. That doesn't mean that the person loses their free will... but that the Holy Spirit convicts them of their sin... woos them to live righteously, so forth and so on.

#468735 Nov 29, 2012
Apostle Paul: "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?"

I Corinthians 6:19

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#468736 Nov 29, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening BTJ. Let me preface this by repeating that I didn't say trinity. So I would please ask that you nor anyone else put words in my mouth that I didn't say.
So, for one thing, God is the only one worthy of worship. And Jesus was worshiped while He was on earth; by the wise men in Matt. 2:11, by the leper in Matt. 8:2, by the ruler in Matt. 9:18, by His disciples in Matt. 14:33, etc. Therefore, are we to worship others but God?
Only God can forgive sins and Jesus did forgive sins. In fact, the religious leaders wanted to stone Him for that. Can a mere, mortal man forgive sins?
Are far as the Holy Spirit goes, who can reveal the things of the Father? In 1 Corinthians 2:10, we see that the Holy Spirit reveals to us things which are from God. Romans 8:16 tells us that it is the Holy Spirit that reveals to us that we are children of God. John 16:13 tells us that the Holy Spirit will guide us to all truth, and we know that God cannot lie.
And finally, in Mark 1:10–11 shows us that all three were manifest at the same time. The Father's voice from Heaven, the Spirit descending like a dove and the Son being baptized by John.
These are all straight from His Word and not from some website. Believe me, my intent is not to deceive but to be a help to those who need it.
Anything I post, I encourage others to check it out in the Bible, and if I am in error, I will gladly and humbly pray about it and ask God to show me if I'm in error and ask Him to correct the error of my ways.
Thanks for asking. I truly hope this helps.
Hey Drew

Personally I think it is a waste of time to even respond to that guy but who knows, he may learn something from you so one never knows

I wanted to add two thoughts.

1) In the verse you mentioned earlier

Philippians 2:6-7
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped “but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.”

..I think it is important to note that it says human LIKENESS. Just adds to the point Jesus was much more than simply a man. He just took a form we could understand and as an expression of humility.

2) You are talking to a guy that manifests himself in hundreds of identities on Topix yet seems to doubt the ability for God to so in three. Just found it rather ironic.

I will say I don't agree with Tim that anybody who doesn't believe in the Trinity can't be a real Christian. I think people are going to get themselves into trouble trying to play God. Just my personal opinion. But I do believe all three are God, regardless of the difficulty in trying to explain a nature our minds can barely grasp.

(T) Peace

#468737 Nov 29, 2012
PaintedQuote wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, all of you, for thinking of RR. Just to clear up some misconceptions, before they run like wildfire all over Topix.
She had a relatively uncomplicated surgery on Monday that was related to some peripheral care needs because of her battle with cancer. She had been in remission for some time now and this surgery was intended to make her life much more comfortable - the tube she was hoping to have removed caused her great pain as well as occasional and serious infections.
She came through the surgery fine on Monday but started to struggle with her breathing later in the day. Yesterday, she suffered two heart attacks, the second one being fatal.
She lived with her boyfriend and her children shared time 'tween their father and she and Mike. She was surrounded by family and those that love her and that she loved so much.
I can't tell you how sad we are to have lost her - again, thanks for spreading good wishes out for her - she was irreverent, for sure - wickedly funny and faithfully loyal. She will be missed. We all met on Topix, years and years ago and while many of us no longer post here, we've all remained very close via phone and facebook.
Keep fightin' the good fight, in her spirit!
Thank you for the clarification PQ. I can tell how much you loved her.

#468738 Nov 29, 2012
Prince Helmut Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
instead show us misleaded web sites,
just find time and read library books about latin cruix and greek koin staurous
I post names of those books
Encyclpoedia Britanica 1946, V.6 page 753
W,E,Vine,An expository Dictionary of NT Words Londyn 1962,p.256
G.S,Tyack"The Cross in Ritual,Architecture and Art.Londyn 1900 page 1
J.Garnier'The Worship of Dead' London 1904 page 226
H.Cutner "A short history of Sex Worship."London 1940 p 16,17.and look at
"The Nonchristian Cross p. 183
cross is pagan abominabel thing,never mention in original koine greek as cross on which was killed Jesus Chsit
idiotism of modern 2000 years faken christianity deceived many people, and washed brain worshiping pagan emblems
Q.
This is your pleasure what you believe and what not?,but none of you is going to change fact how was Jesus murdered
people like you only harm yourselves believing fables of translators and writers of own man doctrines
true child of God ,dig deep down to the core facts of first worship,and activity of ancient christian church
mostly true believers never support own claims using misleaded internet web pages written by self appointed spiritual authority- since they are not?
I already am aware that the cross is pagan symbol.. that is why it is a shameful death and even more so to the Messiah. The power of the cross is not the tree or the wood in itself... but the power of the cross is how God's Son was made an atonement for our sin and how His Father reconciled the world back unto Himself. Now since you believe the JW doctrine that you are one of the 144,000 in Revelations, a true child of God doesn't make a habit of cursings like you are apt to do unrepentedly, repeatedly and unashamedly using your Dr. Shrink and Prince aliases. Plus, the last I heard... the last of the 144,000 of the JWs from the original 1914, 1916 doctrine "is not"...(passed on).

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#468739 Nov 29, 2012
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi.
anybody??
Love love love you Judy..Drew..hu..Annie..Skom.
Hey LeLE

Good to see ya!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#468740 Nov 29, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Jewish have no records of JEsus then how could you know anything according to them ?
You statement is an impossibility.
The New Testament holds nothing about Serah, but none the less, she existed. Doesn't mean much and of course, the Jews would never want to admit they crucified their Saviour.... and I can't say I blame them. They are still waiting patiently or impatiently for a day that came and went a couple of thousand years ago :O)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min old_moose 7,132
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 25 min Aura Mytha 123,309
america needs more TRUTH AND JUSTICE 28 min hacksaw 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min onemale 286,524
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min Born Again Holy C... 681,739
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 4 hr Brice N Livingston 2
Interracial experience-Mexican men and Black women (Jul '12) 7 hr Har Har Har 152
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Har Har Har 982,213
More from around the web