Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

LAWEST100 wrote:
Good morning BLL, since you've reprinted this post I'll respond again so I'll keep this short for space, I believe that it posdible to know God only by being drawn unto him by salvation only through the Lord Jesus Christ, once your mind becomes open to him than the mystery of the Godhead gradually comes into place for the individual.

A question: do you believe that the average person who has God nowhere on the mind can understand who he is and the mystery of the Godhead?
I hope you're having a good day, my Brother.

So you know, I re-posted my post because I thought it answered Epiphany2's post. Anywho...

You said that you believe it's possible to know God only by being drawn unto him by salvation, which is only through the Lord Jesus Christ. I can agree, but only to an extent. You see, I believe it's possible to learn of "God" by being drawn unto him by salvation, but that, within itself and in my humble opinion, is not knowing "God." That's only acknowledging what He accomplished for our sake. Acknowledging a person for what they've accomplished for us doesn't mean we know that person personally. And I believe that "God" wants us to know him personally, and not just acknowledge what it was He accomplished for us.

Today, there's a myriad of ideas and beliefs regarding our Godhead. And if I can say one thing before I continue, never do we read, anywhere in scripture, that Father, nor our Godhead, are shrouded, even a little bit, in mystery. When we read the definition of eternal life by our anointed Savior, he said it was knowing "the only true God," and our anointed Savior, whom the only true "God" hast sent (John 17:3). What I can agree to is that the mysteries mentioned are pertaining, specifically, to His means of salvation, but never to Himself, nor our Godhead.

Now, you asked if I believe it's possible for an average person who never thinks of "God" to understand who He is and the mystery of our Godhead? NOTE: From the moment I typed the question mark, I tried to think of a better answer than "No." After a few minutes, I couldn't think of anything other than divine interaction. But, other than divine interaction, no. Without the word of "God," on some level, it's not possible without divine interaction. But, in the meantime, even with the word of "God," many still believe our Godhead is a mystery, understood, presumably, by those that have accepted His grace and means of salvation.

The mysteries of our Godhead don't derive from our Godhead. These mysteries are conceived by our own misunderstandings and misinterpretations of scripture, i.e., terms like "one," or the capitalization (or lack thereof) of terms like "God" and "Spirit," or even "Word." But, I, personally, find no mystery. A mystery, to me, is how verse after verse reveals a clear distinction between Father and Son, but many still believe that they're, actually, one and the same. A mystery, to me, is how verse after verse reveals an authority/subservient relationship between Father and Son, but many still believe that they're, actually, equal in authority and power. A mystery, to me, is how these beliefs cause scriptural contradictions, and how we reject them as contradictions, but accept them as mysteries instead. A mystery, to me, is how many believe in this type of Godhead, but can't, really, explain it. 1+1+1 can never equal 1, literally. Figuratively, yes. But, never literally.

Thank you for your time and consideration, LAWEST100.

Until next time...may the shalowm of our 'Elohiym remain with you and yours.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

hick-up wrote:
Excerpt;
That's a lot of hype Lee.
I've been very involved in this room at times, as well as the room that preceeded this one. I've communicated with people that I thought were brillant, even met a couple of them, with one on the list yet to meet. And I've seen posters that I'm sure couldn't communicate with pictures let alone the written word. But what does that prove? What does that change?
You speak of charecter assassination as if what is contained in these threads can some how cause one to fall out of step with life. Nothing in these threads can raise or lower your credit score, raise or lower the cost of insurance, affect a medical diagnosis, change the way your employer views you/your friends/your minister/your family, etc. What is truely important in life is unaffected ...unless one allows it. And that imo would result from a very weak mind.
The sharing of idea's with people of other cultures, people from around the world, has it's advantages ...but I can't think of how one could suffer a single disadvantage, unless they allow it.
Some people allow their lives to center around their television. When they turn the set off the drama remains. They carry it with themselves and apply it to their daily lives. It's an illosury existance that affects their ability to persue real life ...to interact with real people. Topix understands this, as does Jerry Springer ...Reality TV is another prime example. It's nothing more than hoopla and many exist to capitolize on the weakness of mind so many people exhibit.
One should capitolize on the entertainment venue, the sharing of ideas with folks from all corners of the globe, hope to improve one's writing/communicating abilities ...but don't allow Topix to replace what is real.
When one turns their PC off and walks away, their life will resume whether one is prepared for it or not.
I've learned that when people, normally, refer to "real life," they're referring to "face to face" interaction. Nevertheless, Topix is as much a part of "real life" as anything. In Topix, we converse with real people who have real emotions. In saying that...

I explained that my concern is in what the most High thinks of me, first and foremost. As I said, our thoughts, actions, reactions, and speech, are being examined. Our anointed Savior said, "That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment (Matt 12:36)." And here's why my concern in Topix come into play.

In Topix, I enjoy discussing subjects of a biblical, spiritual nature. And as far as I know, people enjoy discussing these subjects with me. I know of a few that rarely discuss anything, but they follow my posts. But, when one comes only to taint what little reputation we gain here, that causes limitations. Do you feel that you have anything of value to offer? If not, then, perhaps, this is why you're not too concerned with your reputation. But, I, on the other hand, think I have some things of value that should be shared. Make no mistake, hick-up. I, in no way, shape, or form, am trying to belittle you, or disrespect you. I'm only trying to express myself. My overall concern, though, is people's (false) accusations overshadowing what's important.

In all of this, I only thanked people for standing up for me. I didn't realize I was committing a crime. And in that, I'm only partially guilty, because had they not stood up for me, I wouldn't have to thank anybody to begin with.

This molehill's starting to become a mountain, now. Please and if you will, let's let it go. I won't thank anybody anymore if that'll make you happier.

Until next time, my friend(?).

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

1 Corinthians 2:7

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not worried.
if you don't worry about them,
it doesn't mean you are free of man made heavy bonds and yokes,
try to throw away all those man yokes,and put only one Yoke
Mat 11;29
Take my yoke upon you,and learn of me;
FOR I AM MEEK AND LOWLY IN HEART;
AND YE SHALL FIND REST UNTO YOUR SOULS

FOR MY YOKE IS EASY,AND BURDEN IS LIGHT.

Annie you will enjoy after this really spiritual and phisical freedom
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with this, it was an extremely ignorant thing for him to say.
I'm sure he was just being sarcastic,but that's besides the point. Many rich people,such as many people in sports and Hollywood have become very spiritually corrupt and disrespectful of towards the Lord through their fame,wealth,and narcissism. http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> It means that people love sweet potato pie a whole more than they like pumpkin pie, self included.
Ya' don't say! If I only had a brain...I would dance and I'd be merry...every thing would be a ding-a-derry.....

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure he was just being sarcastic,but that's besides the point. Many rich people,such as many people in sports and Hollywood have become very spiritually corrupt and disrespectful of towards the Lord through their fame,wealth,and narcissism. http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
Because having all these things in abundance seperates them from the need and urgency of having God, but they may discover otherwise too late.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Ya' don't say! If I only had a brain...I would dance and I'd be merry...every thing would be a ding-a-derry.....
Yea it would be nice if you only had a brain..........

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

John 1:1-4
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Yea it would be nice if you only had a brain..........
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
UPDATE
WaterNymph's son
"He is still recovering and doing well by every Dr's standard. He has several more surgeries to go but has put those off until his wife more recovered from her transplant. Thank all those who asked."
I told her I would pass this on as several people have asked. Please remember to keep him in your prayers
(T) Peace
Hey Skombolis,
Thank you for the update. One of the hardest things is watching a loved one suffer. I feel for him and the family. If you talk to her let her know Iím pulling for them.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey HFN!
Great to see ya
You are welcome my friend
Hope you had a goodf T-day
Man how did these 4 days off go by so quickly?
:) Great to see you too friend.

Yes my Gobble day was great.

The older you get the faster time seems to fly. Plus before you know it you are there. So enjoy and make it count while you can. LOL
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

who="Serah"]<quot ed text>Never had sweet potato pie... I know I have to come up yonder to America, just to try the food I hear so much about :)
We havenít talked in awhile so Iím just saying Hey to my twin.
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Believer wrote:
Jesus loves all of us because we are his creation!!! Someone posted about Satan being loose on earth.....the bible says where good is present, evil is also. Satan may tent us and make life hard for us but he cannot touch our souls!!!!
Hey Believer,
Your right! If our sole belongs to God Satan canít touch it. Thatís a comforting thought.
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>HFN,please,honey,that' s a bit too much. No worse than me posting wtc videos,I guess,but showing the aborted babies is horrible. I wish you hadn't done that,but maybe it will stop a lot of women from doing the same thing.
Sorry about that DR. I donít think some actually know what happens so the pictures help. I didnít know it would bother you quite that much. I did it so that someone who doesnít really know could see.
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning to you HFN, thanks for your response. I'm glad that we can at least disagree agreeably.
:)
<quoted text>I will check it out. I'm just giving my own view and understanding... I understand that others may view it differently.
<quoted text>
Right, I view the part where it says "Great God" as God the Son being referred to here rather than God the Father.
<quoted text>Good Morning to you HFN, thanks for your response. I'm glad that we can at least disagree agreeably.
:)
<quoted text>I will check it out. I'm just giving my own view and understanding... I understand that others may view it differently.
<quoted text>
Right, I view the part where it says "Great God" as God the Son being referred to here rather than God the Father.
<quoted text>Exactly. This is showing the Son of God as part of the Godhead before He came down and was born on earth. But look at what Jesus did in verse 7 thru 8 after He was sent by the Father..
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, AND WAS MADE IN THE LIKENESS OF MEN:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
I used to think that these verses 5-8 were all together talking about Jesus while He was on earth... but verses 5-6 has to deal with His Pre-Incarnation... 7-8 had to deal with his earthly ministry while He was on earth.
But the main point of the verses is that we have a mind of humility. If Jesus, could leave the Glory of Heaven and humble Himself to be a man... then we should be able to follow His lead as He took the "much bigger" initial step.
Hey QI,
I feel the same about being glad we can disagree agreeably.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Qu_innocence wrote:
Sorry HFN... please look at the bottom-half of my last post. But note that Philippians 2:5-6 had to deal with Jesus' pre-existence and verse 2:7-8 had to deal with His earthly existence.
No worries QI. If I havenít already left something out Iím sure I will sooner or later.:)
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Exactomundo... this breaks it on down as far as God's Son being compared to angels. But that part above where I put put in caps, "He saith" above... my question to you is, who is talking here? Isn't it God The Father referring to God His Son?.
<quoted text>
It says made BY him in our limited language but in the Greek that word "BY" actually means "THROUGH"... but for this instance it also means "ON THE ACCOUNT OF".. or "BY REASON OF".
In other words, God The Father started this for His Son... The Son who existed long before the earth was.
It is God calling Jesus God. Again Iím glad we can disagree in a friendly way.:)
HFN
Duh

Framingham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text> Do you feel that you have anything of value to offer? If not, then, perhaps, this is why you're not too concerned with your reputation. But, I, on the other hand, think I have some things of value that should be shared.
What a ego! LOL.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>First and last is another metaphor for eternity to eternity... and everything else in between may I add. There is another cultural sigfnificance to this but hopefully I can get to this later.
<quoted text>As in union or united in agreement.
<quoted text>The Word is God the Son.... but the part where it talks about The Word was with God... God being mentioned there is being referred to God the FAther.
The part being referred to as The Word WAS God... God being mentioned there is God the Son.
Hey HFN, I understand that you may not agree but thank you for the scriptures as they help me to research.
You are right that I donít agree with what you are saying here but you are welcome. We have the right to believe what we believe.:)
HFN

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 451,561 - 451,580 of596,446
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

641 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min wilderide 679,291
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Zioni 109,370
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min LTM 511,666
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min KiMare 89,381
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Aura Mytha 216,329
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 28 min Al Capone 3,303
Gay Snapchat Names 48 min Gaydish523 1,295
teen snapchat nudes 1 hr TheFrozenJogurt 103
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 5 hr JACK 216