“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#468538 Nov 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the original version instead of John's rewritten blasphemy against the Spirit of God:
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." Genesis 1:1-3
Good Morning G... how long have you been up man? lol

Nah, it was just the author trying to convey the Gospel of Jesus to pagans. Did you open that link I sent a few days ago? The one about the lady saying, "I speak Jive" (from the movie airplane).

Anyways, he was trying to talk in their language as much as possible.

“Saved. ”

#468539 Nov 27, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey QI,
I feel the same about being glad we can disagree agreeably.
Good Morning HFN, Amen to that...

“Saved. ”

#468540 Nov 27, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Gollum talking to Smeagal ?
ROFLMAO
Not a very sane deity, eh ?
lol... I mean, you do have a point to a degree... but here is a real conversation between Jesus and God The Father at the tomb of Lazarus:

"Then Jesus looked up and said,“Father, I thank you that You have heard me. I knew that you always hear Me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that You sent Me.”

Now I already know you have some qualms about John, the resurrection and the whole bit but the point is... Jesus looked up. His Father was always in heaven.

“Saved. ”

#468541 Nov 27, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
It is God calling Jesus God. Again I’m glad we can disagree in a friendly way.:)
HFN
And I very much agree that it is God calling Jesus God...(Hebrews Chapter 1) though I my beliefs extends to God The Father talking about His Son...

Here is another script where Peter was talking to the Sanhedrin:

Peter: "The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead—whom you had killed by hanging Him on a tree. God exalted Him to His own right hand as Prince and Savior that He might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel. We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

Acts 5

“Saved. ”

#468542 Nov 27, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Religious Affiliation of Second U.S. President John Adams
http://www.adherents.com/people/pa/John_Adams...
Five presidents of the United States were Unitarians: John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Millard Fillmore, Thomas Jefferson, and William Howard Taft.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarianism#Not...
Good Morning Annie, thanks for looking that up for me. I remember a documentary about it but got it wrong I guess. Here are a couple quotes from John Adams though, 2nd President of the U.S.

1. "The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity." – John Adams

2. "The Europeans are all deeply tainted with prejudices, both
ecclesiastical and temporal, which they can never get rid of.
They are all infected with Episcopal and Presbyterian creeds,
and confessions of faith. They all believe that great Principle
which has produced this boundless universe, Newton's universe
and Herschell's universe, came down to this little Ball, to be
spit upon by Jews; and until this awful blasphemy is got
rid of, there never will be any liberal science in the world."
(Adams, Letter to Thomas Jefferson, January 22, 1825)

It's from a Christian website so it's definitely biased in one direction... but I commend you on your pursuit of reading the Constititution and knowledge of certain presidential facts... Have a good one Annie.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search...

“Saved. ”

#468543 Nov 27, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>To all of you who have continued to ask about my son, thank you. I stopped coming here to post because of the negativity. I don't need that in my life. But I do appreciate all who have continued to think of us.
Hope all of you have a great holiday season.
Good Morning WN... thank you and may you also have a wonderful holiday season. You Son is in our thoughts and prayers. Have a good one.

“Saved. ”

#468544 Nov 27, 2012
Prince Helmut Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
agree with your explantation,
this greek word also excluded truine eternal same Godhead,
I know greek language from my old grandmama
and know that those words are directed to someone lower send reqirements to supreme being(for example to judge through lawyer)
have nice and blessed day Q
Why thank you PHP... let me ask you this... when I use the greek word "tithemi"... what english comparison comes to you immediately?

“Saved. ”

#468545 Nov 27, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Trinity was important to know (let alone true) don't you think Jesus would have explained it. Paul doesn't even explain it. It must not be that important to salvation.
No, it's not essential to Salvation. I can tell you though that I recently converted from believing that doctrine... probaly a year more or less. It was a strong part of my psyche at one time and is for most Trinitarians. And because of that, it's a delicate subject to try and dance around...

“Saved. ”

#468546 Nov 27, 2012

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#468547 Nov 27, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know what you're missing. I went to THREE Wal Marts this weekend looking for just ONE sweet potato pie and NONE of them had even one. BUT,at the same time,all three stores were overstocked with pumpkin pies! I mean,I don't get it!!
Ahhh, that's the problem, we don't have Walmart down here LOL

#468548 Nov 27, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Thank you for all the children in the world. Every one is precious, a heritage and gift from you. I pray for protection, guidance, good health, loving families, positive role models, and many blessings upon these children. So many are mistreated. Others are covered in love. Some are spoiled, others have nothing--not even bare necessities. Please reach out and touch them all, and meet every need in the way you see best. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Prime Time with GOd
Amen

#468549 Nov 27, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post BLL (as usual)
I agree...Topix is real (we are communicating with each other) We can use as a Positive thing or a Negarive thing. It is OUR choice....
Have a Blessed day BLL
And I thank GOD for Topix ~ and the friends and family I have made and treasure :)

#468550 Nov 27, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
We haven’t talked in awhile so I’m just saying Hey to my twin.
HFN
Ahhhh..... Love you Twin SeRaH

(((*_*)))

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#468551 Nov 27, 2012
Morning....

“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied
is to do what you believe is great work.”

~ Steve Jobs

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468552 Nov 27, 2012
Today's Prayer

Dear God, I pray that out of your glorious riches, you may strengthen me with power through your Spirit in my inner being, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. And I pray that I, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge; that I may be filled to the measure of all your fullness. In the name of Jesus I come and trust you, amen.(Based on Eph 3:16-19)

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468553 Nov 27, 2012
Encouraging Words....

“So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.”

1 Corinthians 15:58

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468554 Nov 27, 2012
Have a gret day people....

Will catch up Later

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468555 Nov 27, 2012
^^^ correction^^^

Have a GREAT day people

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#468556 Nov 27, 2012
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
who told you this?
No one. That is my conclusion. If you read and study, you will come to the same conclusion.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#468557 Nov 27, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning G... how long have you been up man? lol
Nah, it was just the author trying to convey the Gospel of Jesus to pagans. Did you open that link I sent a few days ago? The one about the lady saying, "I speak Jive" (from the movie airplane).
Anyways, he was trying to talk in their language as much as possible.
He was not only talking in their language but in their religion's cosmology and dogma. Not a substitute for Genesis. The Hebrew Scriptures of Jesus does NOT place 'word','logos' and certainly not Jesus at 'the begining'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 777,772
Samsung Göktürk SAMSUNG Servisi 342 OO 24 Gökt... 5 min sansungrete 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min guest 560,347
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Charlie Sheen 265,411
bless the jews (Nov '08) 50 min blessed day 7,059
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr Clear Dharma 39
Sariyer Samsung Servisi Telefon ( 299 15 34 – 2... 1 hr sansungrete 1
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 hr Johnny 4,871
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 441,810
More from around the web