Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#468512 Nov 26, 2012
Believer wrote:
Jesus loves all of us because we are his creation!!! Someone posted about Satan being loose on earth.....the bible says where good is present, evil is also. Satan may tent us and make life hard for us but he cannot touch our souls!!!!
Hey Believer,
Your right! If our sole belongs to God Satan can’t touch it. That’s a comforting thought.
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#468513 Nov 26, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>HFN,please,honey,that' s a bit too much. No worse than me posting wtc videos,I guess,but showing the aborted babies is horrible. I wish you hadn't done that,but maybe it will stop a lot of women from doing the same thing.
Sorry about that DR. I don’t think some actually know what happens so the pictures help. I didn’t know it would bother you quite that much. I did it so that someone who doesn’t really know could see.
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#468514 Nov 26, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning to you HFN, thanks for your response. I'm glad that we can at least disagree agreeably.
:)
<quoted text>I will check it out. I'm just giving my own view and understanding... I understand that others may view it differently.
<quoted text>
Right, I view the part where it says "Great God" as God the Son being referred to here rather than God the Father.
<quoted text>Good Morning to you HFN, thanks for your response. I'm glad that we can at least disagree agreeably.
<quoted text>I will check it out. I'm just giving my own view and understanding... I understand that others may view it differently.
<quoted text>
Right, I view the part where it says "Great God" as God the Son being referred to here rather than God the Father.
<quoted text>Exactly. This is showing the Son of God as part of the Godhead before He came down and was born on earth. But look at what Jesus did in verse 7 thru 8 after He was sent by the Father..
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, AND WAS MADE IN THE LIKENESS OF MEN:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
I used to think that these verses 5-8 were all together talking about Jesus while He was on earth... but verses 5-6 has to deal with His Pre-Incarnation... 7-8 had to deal with his earthly ministry while He was on earth.
But the main point of the verses is that we have a mind of humility. If Jesus, could leave the Glory of Heaven and humble Himself to be a man... then we should be able to follow His lead as He took the "much bigger" initial step.
Hey QI,
I feel the same about being glad we can disagree agreeably.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#468515 Nov 26, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
Sorry HFN... please look at the bottom-half of my last post. But note that Philippians 2:5-6 had to deal with Jesus' pre-existence and verse 2:7-8 had to deal with His earthly existence.
No worries QI. If I haven’t already left something out I’m sure I will sooner or later.:)
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#468516 Nov 26, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Exactomundo... this breaks it on down as far as God's Son being compared to angels. But that part above where I put put in caps, "He saith" above... my question to you is, who is talking here? Isn't it God The Father referring to God His Son?.
<quoted text>
It says made BY him in our limited language but in the Greek that word "BY" actually means "THROUGH"... but for this instance it also means "ON THE ACCOUNT OF".. or "BY REASON OF".
In other words, God The Father started this for His Son... The Son who existed long before the earth was.
It is God calling Jesus God. Again I’m glad we can disagree in a friendly way.:)
HFN
Duh

Framingham, MA

#468517 Nov 26, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text> Do you feel that you have anything of value to offer? If not, then, perhaps, this is why you're not too concerned with your reputation. But, I, on the other hand, think I have some things of value that should be shared.
What a ego! LOL.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#468518 Nov 26, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>First and last is another metaphor for eternity to eternity... and everything else in between may I add. There is another cultural sigfnificance to this but hopefully I can get to this later.
<quoted text>As in union or united in agreement.
<quoted text>The Word is God the Son.... but the part where it talks about The Word was with God... God being mentioned there is being referred to God the FAther.
The part being referred to as The Word WAS God... God being mentioned there is God the Son.
Hey HFN, I understand that you may not agree but thank you for the scriptures as they help me to research.
You are right that I don’t agree with what you are saying here but you are welcome. We have the right to believe what we believe.:)
HFN

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#468520 Nov 26, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
It is God calling Jesus God.....
Like Gollum talking to Smeagal ?

ROFLMAO

Not a very sane deity, eh ?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#468521 Nov 26, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
We haven’t talked in awhile so I’m just saying Hey to my twin.
HFN
Good evening HFN, you've never had Sweet Potato Pie before?.........then you really MUST come up YONDER in america.

Blessings.(C:

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468522 Nov 26, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right that I don’t agree with what you are saying here but you are welcome. We have the right to believe what we believe.:)
HFN
Hey there HFN, not to start up another debate here but I agree with you, I can't see more than ONE God either.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468523 Nov 26, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
It is God calling Jesus God. Again I’m glad we can disagree in a friendly way.:)
HFN
Exactly.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#468524 Nov 26, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
John 1:1-4
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
How about the original version instead of John's rewritten blasphemy against the Spirit of God:

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." Genesis 1:1-3

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468525 Nov 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the original version instead of John's rewritten blasphemy against the Spirit of God:
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." Genesis 1:1-3
It's all the same Word delivered by the same God using two different men, sorry you can't believe that.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#468526 Nov 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
Darwin wrote:

HFN wrote:
No

D wrote:
ROFLMAO

HFN wrote:
You might want to do less of that, you will probably disappear.

D wrote:

HFN wrote:
You are just mistaking God for a science fiction creation.
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#468527 Nov 26, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening HFN, you've never had Sweet Potato Pie before?.........then you really MUST come up YONDER in america.
Blessings.(C:
Hey Lawest,
How is it going in your part of the world?

Yes I’ve tasted and made one but I think DR is talking about a sweet potato pie with spices which I don’t use. So in a way I guess I haven’t, at least not that kind.

Serah hasn’t though and she is from Australia. I’m from the USA.
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#468528 Nov 26, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening HFN, you've never had Sweet Potato Pie before?.........then you really MUST come up YONDER in america.
Blessings.(C:
Adding:
If you have some I wouldn’t complain if you gave me a slice of it. LOL
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#468529 Nov 26, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Hey there HFN, not to start up another debate here but I agree with you, I can't see more than ONE God either.
Thank you for the comment Lawest.:)
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#468530 Nov 26, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468531 Nov 26, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lawest,
How is it going in your part of the world?
Yes I’ve tasted and made one but I think DR is talking about a sweet potato pie with spices which I don’t use. So in a way I guess I haven’t, at least not that kind.
Serah hasn’t though and she is from Australia. I’m from the USA.
HFN
Guess I didn't read that carefully enough in which care sweet potato pie is at it's best when it is just plain sweet potato pie, but I do remember having some with raisins baked into it and it was pretty good but I still perfer it plain and original.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468532 Nov 26, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Adding:
If you have some I wouldn’t complain if you gave me a slice of it. LOL
And you would be welcome to a slice my friend but unfortunately the one that I had last week is long gone, but I'll keep you in mind whenever I get a hold of another.(c:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Buck Crick 853,035
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Pegasus 272,021
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 30 min Brian_G 444,022
Can a White Pride Group not be labeled a racist... (Apr '07) 1 hr UnderstandPeople 6,081
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Toby 100,620
Computer THREATS DISAPPEARING from Topix!: un F... 3 hr who 17
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Student 40,679
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr WasteWater 595,632
The Christian Atheist debate 5 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 726
More from around the web