Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#468524 Nov 26, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
John 1:1-4
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
How about the original version instead of John's rewritten blasphemy against the Spirit of God:

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." Genesis 1:1-3

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#468525 Nov 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the original version instead of John's rewritten blasphemy against the Spirit of God:
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
It's all the same Word delivered by the same God using two different men, sorry you can't believe that.
Here For Now

Knoxville, TN

#468526 Nov 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Gollum talking to Smeagal ?
ROFLMAO
Not a very sane deity, eh ?
Darwin wrote:

HFN wrote:
No

D wrote:
ROFLMAO

HFN wrote:
You might want to do less of that, you will probably disappear.

D wrote:

HFN wrote:
You are just mistaking God for a science fiction creation.
HFN
Here For Now

Knoxville, TN

#468527 Nov 26, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening HFN, you've never had Sweet Potato Pie before?.........then you really MUST come up YONDER in america.
Blessings.(C:
Hey Lawest,
How is it going in your part of the world?

Yes I’ve tasted and made one but I think DR is talking about a sweet potato pie with spices which I don’t use. So in a way I guess I haven’t, at least not that kind.

Serah hasn’t though and she is from Australia. I’m from the USA.
HFN
Here For Now

Knoxville, TN

#468528 Nov 26, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening HFN, you've never had Sweet Potato Pie before?.........then you really MUST come up YONDER in america.
Blessings.(C:
Adding:
If you have some I wouldn’t complain if you gave me a slice of it. LOL
Here For Now

Knoxville, TN

#468529 Nov 26, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Hey there HFN, not to start up another debate here but I agree with you, I can't see more than ONE God either.
Thank you for the comment Lawest.:)
HFN
Here For Now

Knoxville, TN

#468530 Nov 26, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly.
:)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468531 Nov 26, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lawest,
How is it going in your part of the world?
Yes I’ve tasted and made one but I think DR is talking about a sweet potato pie with spices which I don’t use. So in a way I guess I haven’t, at least not that kind.
Serah hasn’t though and she is from Australia. I’m from the USA.
HFN
Guess I didn't read that carefully enough in which care sweet potato pie is at it's best when it is just plain sweet potato pie, but I do remember having some with raisins baked into it and it was pretty good but I still perfer it plain and original.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468532 Nov 26, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Adding:
If you have some I wouldn’t complain if you gave me a slice of it. LOL
And you would be welcome to a slice my friend but unfortunately the one that I had last week is long gone, but I'll keep you in mind whenever I get a hold of another.(c:

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468533 Nov 26, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the comment Lawest.:)
HFN
Thank you HFN, but I guess I'm like the prophet ( not that I'm putting myself on that level by any means ) when I hear error concerning the Word it's like fire shut up in my bones and I feel compelled to point it out.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#468534 Nov 26, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> It's all the same Word ...
No. It isn't. John added to Genesis to support his own opinion. A Roman Emperor said it was OK, not God.
Sorry you can't tell the difference.

This is the kind deceit and/or insanity that drives me (and many others) from Christianity.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#468535 Nov 26, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just mistaking God for a science fiction creation.
Nipe. You are the "Real Christian"(tm), not me.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#468536 Nov 26, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you HFN, but I guess I'm like the prophet ( not that I'm putting myself on that level by any means ) when I hear error concerning the Word it's like fire shut up in my bones and I feel compelled to point it out.
No brother, it's not error. It's simply your own self-admiration, denominational interpretation and mentally conditioned beliefs that's rising up and causinig fire in your bones... and my interpretation and beliefs that is contrary to that in where we differ... that's all it is in a nutshell.

But you are right when you say that the doctrine of the Trinity is an error, but you are in error yourself calling Jesus God the Father. He was always the Son, never the Father. Sorry, but that is the way it is.

If I don't respond in kind to any further posts regarding this matter is only because this post was only a reply to you saying my interpretation was an error. Fair is fair.

#468537 Nov 26, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you HFN, but I guess I'm like the prophet ( not that I'm putting myself on that level by any means ) when I hear error concerning the Word it's like fire shut up in my bones and I feel compelled to point it out.
Good Morning to you btw...

#468538 Nov 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning G... how long have you been up man? lol

Nah, it was just the author trying to convey the Gospel of Jesus to pagans. Did you open that link I sent a few days ago? The one about the lady saying, "I speak Jive" (from the movie airplane).

Anyways, he was trying to talk in their language as much as possible.

#468539 Nov 27, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey QI,
I feel the same about being glad we can disagree agreeably.
Good Morning HFN, Amen to that...

#468540 Nov 27, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
lol... I mean, you do have a point to a degree... but here is a real conversation between Jesus and God The Father at the tomb of Lazarus:

"Then Jesus looked up and said,“Father, I thank you that You have heard me. I knew that you always hear Me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that You sent Me.”

Now I already know you have some qualms about John, the resurrection and the whole bit but the point is... Jesus looked up. His Father was always in heaven.

#468541 Nov 27, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
It is God calling Jesus God. Again I’m glad we can disagree in a friendly way.:)
HFN
And I very much agree that it is God calling Jesus God...(Hebrews Chapter 1) though I my beliefs extends to God The Father talking about His Son...

Here is another script where Peter was talking to the Sanhedrin:

Peter: "The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead—whom you had killed by hanging Him on a tree. God exalted Him to His own right hand as Prince and Savior that He might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel. We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

Acts 5

#468542 Nov 27, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Religious Affiliation of Second U.S. President John Adams
http://www.adherents.com/people/pa/John_Adams...
Five presidents of the United States were Unitarians: John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Millard Fillmore, Thomas Jefferson, and William Howard Taft.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarianism#Not...
Good Morning Annie, thanks for looking that up for me. I remember a documentary about it but got it wrong I guess. Here are a couple quotes from John Adams though, 2nd President of the U.S.

1. "The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity." – John Adams

2. "The Europeans are all deeply tainted with prejudices, both
ecclesiastical and temporal, which they can never get rid of.
They are all infected with Episcopal and Presbyterian creeds,
and confessions of faith. They all believe that great Principle
which has produced this boundless universe, Newton's universe
and Herschell's universe, came down to this little Ball, to be
spit upon by Jews; and until this awful blasphemy is got
rid of, there never will be any liberal science in the world."
(Adams, Letter to Thomas Jefferson, January 22, 1825)

It's from a Christian website so it's definitely biased in one direction... but I commend you on your pursuit of reading the Constititution and knowledge of certain presidential facts... Have a good one Annie.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search...

#468543 Nov 27, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>To all of you who have continued to ask about my son, thank you. I stopped coming here to post because of the negativity. I don't need that in my life. But I do appreciate all who have continued to think of us.
Hope all of you have a great holiday season.
Good Morning WN... thank you and may you also have a wonderful holiday season. You Son is in our thoughts and prayers. Have a good one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min who 282,922
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 25 min The Doctor 445,523
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 34 min The Doctor 70,420
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 3,013
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr confrinting with ... 658,504
Who won the debate 2016 ? 1 hr andet1987 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 974,676
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 5 hr Helper 89
More from around the web