Have a great night brother

(T) Peace

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#468428 Nov 25, 2012
TIM958 wrote:
<quoted text>
We usually think of the true church as an organization with a hierarchy and not the individual believers that the Bible defines the church as. The universal church is made up of all believers in the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ for our sins. And it impossible to be considered as a believing Christian without believing the triune God.
Jhn 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Very true, we do have an unfortunate propensity to perfer to church in denominational and organizational terms often not remembering that the true definition of church is a spiritual body of baptized believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, the elect lady and the bride of Christ.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#468429 Nov 25, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Will do
Have a great night brother
(T) Peace
Likewise bro, Peace.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#468430 Nov 26, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he would agree with you since he said:
"It's unbelievable, to me, that I could have such an impact on a person, in Topix."
I agree as well. Although nothing wrong with thanking people for standing up for someone. Especially when it is character attacks and conversations depend a lot on how one's character is perceived.
(T) Peace
My first thought was that the "impact" was working to the disadvantage of both posters. Regardless ...

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#468431 Nov 26, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Same as usaul. But the 'star of the show' was the sweet potato pie. Yes,Lawd!
Never had sweet potato pie... I know I have to come up yonder to America, just to try the food I hear so much about :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#468432 Nov 26, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Sorry for the double-post, all. Hopefully, our moderators will erase one of them.
And for the record, these were originally posted mid-December of last year.
I wondered where all the double ups went LOL.... I used to wonder what posting numbers they were posted with too, but that got too hard :O)
Believer

London, KY

#468433 Nov 26, 2012
Jesus loves all of us because we are his creation!!! Someone posted about Satan being loose on earth.....the bible says where good is present, evil is also. Satan may tent us and make life hard for us but he cannot touch our souls!!!!

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#468435 Nov 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings, Quin.
Simon Magus is an interesting character indeed. The use of "Magus" would seem to link him to the Magi and Persia. Perhaps more of a Persian influence than Greek (which itself was influenced by Greek philosophy via Alexander the Great).
Hey there, Good Morning... I just figured he might of used magus because of sorcery and the like... that type of thing. From what I understand he was from somewhere in Samaria though. A lot of times the word magi was also linked to astronomy... speaking of which, I believe the Magi that followed the star to see the newborn king were actually descendents of Abraham and his 2nd wife Keturah... I remember that Abraham had given them gifts and sent them to the East and they seemed to have done very well for themselves in terms of mat'l blessings... one of their children, Midian, and assyria. Sheba was a grandchild of Keturah and Abraham... but anyways a prophecy was fulfilled in Isaiah 60:6 as it relates to their descendents bringing gifts hundreds of years later in Matthew 2.

"And all from Sheba will come,

bearing gold and incense

and proclaiming the praise of the Lord."
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#468436 Nov 26, 2012
Believer wrote:
Jesus loves all of us because we are his creation!!! Someone posted about Satan being loose on earth.....the bible says where good is present, evil is also. Satan may tent us and make life hard for us but he cannot touch our souls!!!!
Then WHY did the Lord say that He has 'prepared' a place called 'hell'?? Just because the Lord 'created' someone doesn't 'insure the soul'. Only accepting the Holy Cross of Calvary 'insures' one's soul against Satan.
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#468437 Nov 26, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a pretty picture thatís for sure DR.
Here is a link to some more heinous pictures, innocent babies.
http://www.100abortionpictures.com/Aborted_Ba...
HFN,please,honey,that's a bit too much. No worse than me posting wtc videos,I guess,but showing the aborted babies is horrible. I wish you hadn't done that,but maybe it will stop a lot of women from doing the same thing.
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#468438 Nov 26, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
What or who is stupid.
I was talking 'being stupid''won't deter' them.
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#468439 Nov 26, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodnight DR.
Goodnigh! Good morning!

“Saved. ”

#468440 Nov 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that in a cosmic view. Too deep to get into here but in a way, even "sin" is "good". A modern example would be that without the Holocaust there would be no nation of Israel today. The most beautiful roses blossom in the vilest manure.
I understand what you are trying to say but in my own little view i believe there is no good at all in sin. But I do believe, relating to your example, that the evil "people" try to do to us God can still turn it out for our good and cause that evil that they had set for us to boomerang and fall upon their own head. Those people who caused that holocaust nightmare are still being chased down even today... and the Jews regained a mighty foothold in Israel in 1948 out of that deal.
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#468441 Nov 26, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Never had sweet potato pie... I know I have to come up yonder to America, just to try the food I hear so much about :)
Don't know what you're missing. I went to THREE Wal Marts this weekend looking for just ONE sweet potato pie and NONE of them had even one. BUT,at the same time,all three stores were overstocked with pumpkin pies! I mean,I don't get it!!

“Saved. ”

#468442 Nov 26, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Hello my brother in Christ. Nice of you to speak.:)
Good Morning Dr.

“Saved. ”

#468443 Nov 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
True, it is in the Midrash.
It is interesting that Jews Seperate their scriptures by levels of auhority, Midrash being the least authorative. Christians place everything at the same level which IMHO a shame. The OT according to Judaism is three different levels of authority. The NT IMHO dhould have been treated similarly by Christianity, Gospels, Letters, writings for example. In essesnse, it seems the "level authority" in most denominations places John and Paul's epistles as the highest authority with the rest being only "supporting documentation".
From my own viewpoint and IMHO, I think that more weight is carried in the first 4 books in the NT... and the rest are supporting documentation. I believe that Paul is mentioned quite a bit because of his zeal. Jesus said that Paul would suffer for His Name's sake. Paul was forgiven and was used, I believe, by God to greatly move the church forward, I wonder if Paul suffered the way he did because of his previous actions... because even though one is forgiven doesn't mean that one is left unpunished by God. So anyways, I believe that Stephen's prayer at his matyrdom helped a great deal in initiating Paul's conversion.

“Saved. ”

#468444 Nov 26, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good afternoon bro, hope you're having a Blessed day.
Good Morning Brother...other than the after-thanksgiving-rush-back-h ome-traffic... everything went well.

“Saved. ”

#468445 Nov 26, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
John Adams
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here."
~Patrick Henry
"Man will ultimately be governed by God or by tyrants."
~Benjamin Franklin
"We have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand which preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us."
~Abraham Lincoln's 1863 Thanksgiving Proclamation
http://www.cancertutor.com/Quotes/Quotes_Pres...
Good Morning Skom, thanks for sharing those quotes... I'm basing this from old memory, but I always thought that John Adams was an atheist or agnostic.... if he was that would be interesting that he wrote that. But then again he said moral people also... so there you go.

“Saved. ”

#468446 Nov 26, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
Acts 3:19
Acts 3:20&21
Acts 2:14-18
See Joel 2:28&29
Joel 2:23
See Horea 6:3
Matthew 13:37-39
Revelation 14:14&15
Zechariah 10:1
Good Morning LW, the book God that you asked that I take a look at... it seems like a very interesting book. Perhaps I'll pick it up some time in the future.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#468447 Nov 26, 2012
Morning to Cyber Monday.....:-)

ďIíve been absolutely terrified every moment of my life and Iíve never let it keep me from doing a single thing that I wanted to do.Ē

~ Georgia OíKeeffe

Thought For The Day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 841,271
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 591,253
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min waaasssuuup 4,729
Ask Me A Trivia Question -- 2 -- (Mar '10) 45 min Joe Fryday 191,503
Rajkot gay Topix 45 min rohan 101
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr The swamiji 7,168
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 271,434
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jac 100,178
More from around the web