#468274 Nov 24, 2012
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#468275 Nov 24, 2012
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#468276 Nov 24, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Same as usaul. But the 'star of the show' was the sweet potato pie. Yes,Lawd!
I havenít made one of those in a long time. They are good.
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#468277 Nov 24, 2012
As much as I hate the thought of a 'tracking deice' being attached to someone's person,in the world we live in today,I must agree that hidden tracking devices could possibly discourage criminal activity. http://politix.topix.com/homepage/3531-girl-e...
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#468278 Nov 24, 2012
It's definitely a great idea for females and children.
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#468279 Nov 24, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I havenít made one of those in a long time. They are good.
Yeah,as long as the person making them don't 'overspice' them.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#468280 Nov 24, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah,as long as the person making them don't 'overspice' them.
I donít use spices. As far as the spices go was it similar to pumpkin pie?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#468281 Nov 24, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
As much as I hate the thought of a 'tracking deice' being attached to someone's person,in the world we live in today,I must agree that hidden tracking devices could possibly discourage criminal activity. http://politix.topix.com/homepage/3531-girl-e...
I agree DR it could be used to discourage criminal activity but I donít agree with doing it. It could also be used for control.
HFN

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#468282 Nov 24, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey QI,
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
I would say it made Eve Adams rib used to make a person with all that made it work and her own soul. God made her to be Adamsí wife.
Just to be clear, I do believe Jesus is God in a human body. Sort of like some water is taken from a glass and made into ice. Both are water but one is in a different form.
John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
HFN
Good Evening HFN... it was great and worked out real well. I hope your Thankgiving was great also.

Thanks for you input regarding Adam & Eve. She was most definitely his wife to be sure. "The two shall become one flesh..." yadda yadda...

Concerning Jesus being God "as in" also God the Father... I used to believe that as well. What I've learned is that God doesn't change but our understanding of Him does change or evolve though. As far as Jesus saying that God and His Father are one... but one what? I guess we have assumed all these years that they are one and the same but it doesn't go on to say that they are One and the same. But this expression gives more of an idea of "agreement" or "unity".

If Jesus is also God "as in" God the Father than please explain this scripture:

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, BUT ONLY the Father."
Mark 13

“Saved. ”

#468283 Nov 24, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats fine that way we can follow thru without interruption -- TLC - Judy
Good evening Jute... I understand these views are very traditional but thank you for supporting my right to express some of these views.... smile.

“Saved. ”

#468284 Nov 24, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, Qu_innocence. I appreciate your input.
Keep on rockin' on Bro!

“Saved. ”

#468285 Nov 24, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi QU -- did not God take a rib from Adam and create Eve?--
Yup! Smile.
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
she was not born from his seed.
Exactly.
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
So to me that does not make her a daughter or sister, but as God intended a companion.
Most definitely a companion. She came from Adam's DNA (okay, rib) and that does somehow make her biologically related to Adam.
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Just adding my little two cents in here as I'm reading along -- LOL TLC - Judy
And I appreciate it too.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#468286 Nov 24, 2012
Doctor DUFUS REALITY wrote:
It's impossible to legislate morality ...dufus.

Implantable devices/tracking bracelets bla-bla-bla will work about as good as all the other gimmicks man has used to deter criminal activity.

Lindsay for President!!!

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#468287 Nov 24, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup! Smile.
<quoted text>Exactly.
<quoted text> Most definitely a companion. She came from Adam's DNA (okay, rib) and that does somehow make her biologically related to Adam.
<quoted text>And I appreciate it too.
Morning Qu ...
The writers/translators of the Bible knew nothing of DNA, which brings up an interesting question that has never occured to me before; why a rib ...when God could just of easily of used a fingernail, a hair, or just swabbed Adams mouth?

“Saved. ”

#468288 Nov 24, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Qu ...
Good morning HU.
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
The writers/translators of the Bible knew nothing of DNA, which brings up an interesting question that has never occured to me before; why a rib ...when God could just of easily of used a fingernail, a hair, or just swabbed Adams mouth?
You're right that they didn't know these things which makes it more interesting to me how they could write such things as science confirms, in theory at least, how some of these things are possible. In my view and understanding, Eve was a genetically modified clone. I believe this because the Bible talks about how he took the rib (I believe a cell from the rib) and "made" a woman. That word "made" in the Hebrew means "to build or rebuild". I believe God re-engineered that adult cell structure to make the woman. In theory, I've read that one can get a woman out of a man in a theorized, modified cloning process but not the other way around.

I believe God used a rib.. also translated as "side" in the original because being at one's side IMHO would symbolically indicate companionship or being equals... rather than under the feet... or behind the back... or in front of. The side tells a little story of what God originally intended, that they were suppose to both take dominion of the earth. And even though Adam was created first they were still suppose to be equals.

Genesis 1:26 "let them"... JMO

“Saved. ”

#468289 Nov 24, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with that Gnostic religion either. Let us remember that most of what we assume about "gnosticism" in Christianity is base on two small Egyptian (Coptic) groups' texts. There is much more in the the Jewish tradition of Kabbalah and the Greek neoplatonism (from which John got his "Logos").
What the variety of surviving non-canonical texts show is that prior to Constantine there was no single christian doctrine or belief. There are many who think that nothing existed outside Paul and what would become the RCC for three hundred years. That idea is erroneous.
Good early mornin' G... there was definitely a battle of ideas going on there about Christ in those times... even now. But even though pagan gnosticism existed long before Christianity I believe that Simon Magus, the sorcerer who supposedly got save in the book of Acts, is the actual father of Christian Gnosticism. I believe that he wasn't sincere and eventually merged the Greek philosophy of platoism, mysticism and christianity... at least that is what some histories allude to.

“Saved. ”

#468290 Nov 24, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
QU, I applaud the courage it takes to bring in all that you are --some I understand and some is new to me -- curious as to whether you will bring in anything from the Bema Seat and what your beliefs are in this -- but don't let me distract you -- I'm reading along and may God bless you for taking the time to tackle this endeavor. TLC - Judy
I've seen Skom, RA and some others talking about it before but I never really looked that far into it.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#468291 Nov 24, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good evening BLL and thank you for your understanding, I am quite confident that I am correct in what I have said especially after reading the surrounding verses to that scripture that you posted, this is talking about our bodies being united with Christ's spirit and being one in that regard as well as a scripture warning us against engaging in fornication and to yeild your members ( your body ) unto God's spirit, I don't see that scripture refuting anything about tbe Godhead and the oneness of Christ and the Father being one and the same.
And good evening to you, Brother LAWEST100.

So you know, this will probably be my last installment regarding this topic. And before I continue, I'd like to share with you the pleasure I've had having this discussion with you. I truly appreciate your congeniality. As you most likely know, the ability to remain respectful during discussions is quite rare in many forums and threads of Topix. If you all will have me, I think I might have found a new home. Now, my comment.

I asked that you consider the Greek term "MIA" for its definitive and interpretive use. It seems to me that when the author wished to indicate a literal application of the subject, they would use the Greek term "MIA." But, when the author wished to indicate a figurative application of the subject, they would use the term "HEIS." Throughout the writings of the "New Testament," I've noticed that "HEIS" is commonly used to describe groups, but in a singular fashion. However, when describing a single person, place, or thing, and not in a group, "MIA" is most commonly used. John 10:30 and 1John 5:7-8 are among those that have "HEIS" in their construct.

Again, I truly appreciate your congeniality, and I thank you for discussing this subject with me. Until next time...

May the shalowm of our 'Elohiym remain with you and yours.

“Saved. ”

#468292 Nov 24, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that God is neither good or evil, no more than a shark is good or evil.
One can easily make a scriptural case that God is evil just as easily as one can make a case that God is good.
IMHO as soon as we put human moraks on God we are trying to impose our opinions on God, something that is doomed to failure.
IN Tolkein's work the Silmarilian, the elves are jelous of man and agree with God because God gave humans the gift of death. They felt that immortality was a curse, not a blessing.
The less I fear death, the more I am starting to side with the elves.
My own view is that God is Good... but often misunderstood.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#468293 Nov 24, 2012
1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

This is only one of the most misunderstood and misinterpreted verses in the bible. People, with their agendas, use this to prove that our Father, our anointed Savior and the Holy Spirit, are literally one entity, but three distinct individuals at the same time. They puff themselves up by believing (after being convinced by indoctrination) that this is the mystery of "God" that only they understand, as the Holy Spirit has revealed this mystery to them. Now, before I continue with 1John 5:7, to explain what John meant, I'd like to share with you a scripture that uses this same language. Following is an excerpt from a prayer our anointed Savior prayed to Father.

John 17:21 That they all may be ONE; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be ONE in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

QUESTION: What do these these bear record of? And what makes these three "one?"

Of course, I have to begin by saying that, this "one" does not mean that the three are also one and the same. The Greek reads as such: "OTIS TREIS EISIN OI MARTUROUNTES." Now, if we examine the Greek term "eisin," which is our English "one," we'll see that this is not a numeric indicate. Rather, this "one," or "eisin" means "to agree in one." Now, if we read verse 8 of 1John 5, this says, "And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one." The Greek reads as such: "TO PNEUMA KAE TO UDOR KAI TO AIMA KAI OI TREIS EIS TO EN EISIN." Hopefully, we notice that this Greek term, "eisin," is used again. And again, and as it's translated in our English versions, the definition means "to agree in one." Essentially, then, we can easily translate 1John 5:7 to say, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three agree in one," and not be in error.

QUESTION: If John was not promoting any belief of a so-called "trinity," then what was John referring to?

This takes us back to my initial questions. From 1John 5:5, we read of John declaring, "Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" So, by verse 7, John was offering proof by reminding the church that there are three that bear witness to this fact. But, when was this? The answer is simple, as it was literal events that John was alluding to.

Matthew 3:16-17 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Father: "a voice from heaven"
the Word: "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Holy Ghost: "the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him."

John testified that Father had told him (John 1:33-34), "Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost." Then, John admitted, "And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God."

The error derives from the translator's capitalization of the term "Word" in the verse. Because of this, we believe this "Word" is our anointed Savior. But, as we can see, it's not. To further prove this and to understand 1John 5:8, too, we need not look any further than his crucifixion. Read John 19:34, Luke 23:46-47, Mark 15:37-39, and Matthew 27:50-54, for further proof.

In conclusion, what John was proving at, not only verse 7, but verse 8, too, was not that any so-called "trinity" exists, but that the three mentioned bear record and witness that our anointed Savior is, indeed, the Son of "God," as all three "agree in one." If anything, his baptism and crucifixion testify to this fact!

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Robert F 568,626
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min Just Think 120,775
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min It aint necessari... 796,789
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 9 min alberto 515
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 12 min Paul is dead 2,967
female working girl. 22 min minxy781 1
Scientific proof for God's existence 45 min let your brother rip 647
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min Charlie Sheen 267,585
More from around the web