Comments
451,101 - 451,120 of 599,943 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#468126 Nov 23, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
.... I see a pattern in the OT of it saying the Spirit of God came UPON them and not things like "dwelled in them:
I am wondering of the best way to describe the Spirit of God might be to say "touched by God". Whether when getting the breath of life or being instructed or being moved to act in a certain way; these are all things that would be the result of an interaction with God through His Spirit....
But why then even make a distinction at all? Why not just say God came upon someone or God breathed life into someone or God instructed someone?.....
To the first part, that is exactly the way it is read in Hebrew.

To the second part, there are two problems with the English Bible. First is that it is a translation of a translation of a translation and not even in Modern English. Second it looses almost every Hebrew idiom and coloquilism of the original.

Lastly is a problem in Christinaity (and some denomonations of Judaism), The Hebrew Scriptures are written in poetic form. It is written to be engaging and interesting. If it was written using the exact same boring words "came upon" and "dwelled in" and no other ways of saying that then it would be as dull and boring and forgotten as the list of "begats".

God "inspires" everything and that "inspiration" is not "breath or spirit in the literal physical sense but a figurative metaphisical one.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#468127 Nov 23, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
To the first part, that is exactly the way it is read in Hebrew.
To the second part, there are two problems with the English Bible. First is that it is a translation of a translation of a translation and not even in Modern English. Second it looses almost every Hebrew idiom and coloquilism of the original.
Lastly is a problem in Christinaity (and some denomonations of Judaism), The Hebrew Scriptures are written in poetic form. It is written to be engaging and interesting. If it was written using the exact same boring words "came upon" and "dwelled in" and no other ways of saying that then it would be as dull and boring and forgotten as the list of "begats".
God "inspires" everything and that "inspiration" is not "breath or spirit in the literal physical sense but a figurative metaphisical one.
good for you,
it means you also are not literal, only figurative metaphisical one,rambling like self appointed holy spirit on this cyber space.
dynamic absolute powerful force of Gods inteligence energy is not metaphorical or not 3rd person of demon teachings trinity

have fun sir?

Location hidden

#468128 Nov 23, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There were many sages and wise men in the past, who had given laws, wisdom and knowledge. It was not just the Bible.
Was there any Bible 2,000 years before Moses? The sayings and teachings of wise men of China and India pre-dated the Bible and the Patriarchs.
They were far more moral than the folks of the Bronze Age Bible.
Jesus was not the only person, who taught, Mate! You know well that Jesus did not bring anything new and nor did he come with anything new.
Please stop patronizing, let others speak freely and discuss your Bible and if you like, the Jewish Bible too, with me as I do have knowledge of the three Bibles, namely the Jewish Bible, the Catholics' Bible and the protestants' Bible.
good for you,
and your statement makes you proud of your earthly three Bible knowledge?

I know that exist only 1 Bible,not 3.

what was before Moses ? for sure you doesn't know this,only count on outside sources- if they are true or false sources,it is up to you,and to your choice.

instead partonize your claims more superior from Bible according to your claim

at first find proper place to preach your theories,or start read daily ONLY ONE EXISTING BIBLE NOT 3 ,like you are saying.

May have sir,always good days,and proper understanding plus respect of others beliefs,
Just don't force your muts posts,trying to dictate someone beliefs

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#468129 Nov 23, 2012
GOoD morning WSJLM -- It's so nice to be able to come in and read the posts and not be back logged by pages and pages to scroll over.

As I read from Dr Billy Graham this morning - I was lead to this one simple little verse that clearly places within my heart as to how I believe.

1st Timothy 16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels,preached unto the gentiles,believed on in the world, received up into glory.

I have listened to Billy Grahams preaching and read his books for as far back as I can remember.

He states if you want to know what God is like, then take a long look at Jesus Christ -- because He was God in human flesh.

Blessings to all -- TLC - Judy

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#468130 Nov 23, 2012
1st Timothy 3:16

“Love much, trust none”

There

#468131 Nov 23, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you BLL, and I defintely agree with you that fallen angels / demons are responsible for certain terminal illnesses that human kind suffer such as various forms forms of cancer and other diseases that man has yet to find a permanent cure to, and I believe that they torture people in other ways as well including certain forms of mental illness just for example, the bible itself bares these things out, and they also know those specifically who belong to Christ Jesus as the demon possessed man who told the false disciples 'Jesus i know, and Paul i know but who are you?' and the demon that was in that man the bible says jump on them and overpowered them and ran them out of that house hurt and naked, that would actually sound humorous if it wasn't so dangerous and creepy.
Howevet I still don't believe that they have the ability to procreate with human women, at least not anymore, but I agree with the idea that those angels that left their habitation and are being reserved in chains of darkness are a different group aside from that 3rd of the heavenly host that rebelled along side satan.
If you are really interested in Angels I suggest looking into Cabbalah. That is where most of the Angel theory in both Christinity and Judaism comes from, not the Bible.

Be warned, it is considered "Gnostic". It is a considered to be a dangerous path to try to follow Angels, fallen or not. Not that I believe such things.

IMHO, angels do not exist. They are basically the lesser gods of Paganism. I don't believe in more than one "supranatural" being and that is God.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#468132 Nov 23, 2012
TRUTH HITMAN IS BACK wrote:
ATTENTION TO ALL SO CALLED CHRITIANS ON THIS THREAD
YOU HAVE BEEN LIED TOO BECAUSE NONE OF YOU READ THE BIBLE YOU ALL GO ON SUNDAY SCHOOLs DOCTRINES AND FALSE CLAIMS OF HOPE BY MASIONIC PREACHERS
Some church denominations are also led by avowed Masons. For example, a 1991 survey by the Southern Baptist Convention Sunday School Board found that 14% of SBC pastors and 18% of SBC deacon board chairs were Masons; it is also estimated that SBC members comprise 37% of total U.S. lodge membership.(A 2000 updated SBC report found that over 1,000 SBC pastors are Masons.)
Henry Wilson Coil is the author of the encyclopedia that many lodges now accept as their authoritative source (Coil's Masonic Encyclopedia). Coil says that if Freemasonry is not a religion, nothing would have to be added to make it such, and that the religious service at the funeral of a Mason is evidence enough that Freemasonry is a religion. But the fact that Freemasonry is religion would not necessarily condemn it, except that the views of the Masonic religion are in open conflict with Biblical Christianity, so much so that, in our opinion, a knowledgeable and committed Mason could not possibly be a true Christian.
MASON OATHS:
Most do not realize the terrible oaths that Masons are required to take for each advancing degree in this cult. Each Entering Apprentice, for example, is required to repeat:.
"... most solemnly and sincerely promise and swear, that I will always hail, ever conceal, and never reveal, any of the arts, parts or points of the hidden mysteries of ancient Freemasonry.... All this I most solemnly, sincerely promise and swear, with a firm and steadfast resolution to perform the same, without any mental reservation or secret evasion of mine whatever binding myself under no less a penalty than that of having my throat cut across, my tongue torn out by its roots, and buried in the rough sand of the sea at low water mark where the tide ebbs and flows twice in twenty-four hours, should I ever knowingly or willingly violate my solemn oath and obligation as an Entered Apprentice Mason. So help me, God."
Each succeeding degree has a similar horrible oath and penalty connected with it.
MASONS AND THE BIBLE:
Masons do not adjust their beliefs to fit the Bible, the Bible is adjusted to fit their beliefs. A Mason's loyalty is never to God but to the Lodge.
known PASTOR MASONS
Pat Robertson Here is another photo of Pat Robertson giving an occult gesture, this time the Masonic Sign of Fellow Craft, or the Devil's Claw, in a front page photo shoot for Time Magazine on February 17th 1986.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/pat_rob...
Here is Benny Hin Kenneth Copland throwing up there MASIONIC DEVIL SIGNS
http://www.informationliberation.com/files/18...
Billy Graham Graham's undeniable Masonic GESTURE on the cover of TIME MAGAZINE:
http://www.declaringthywordministries.com/bil...
The Masonic Handshake
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/2242/acode...
JOHN DARBY: John Nelson Darby, who is considered the father of dispensationalism, first proposed the pretribulation rapture in 1827
What the people are not told is that, John Nelson Darby was a member of the secret order of Freemasonry, in which in 1832 at the Powerscourt Conference, he introduced his teaching of the "Secret Rapture
SHALAM!
Psalms 145:17
Isaiah 53:11
Acts 2:27
Deuteronomy 32:4
Job 36:5
Colossians 2:3
Deuteronomy 7:9

“Love much, trust none”

There

#468133 Nov 23, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>...I have given much thought to JESUS knowing exactly what HE was in for when HE came to us, to teach us to love one another, and that as now JESUS sits on the right hand side of GOD, HE is closer to GOD than all of those other 10's of thousand of 10's of thousands of Angels. But of course, these are only my thoughts and my opinion :)
"HE came to us, to teach us to love one another,"

I agree with that. The rest IMHO is idle speculation and has nothing to do with salvation so right or wrong opinions don't matter.
IMHO, Angels and demons have nothing to do with this life or the next. If they were that important then Jesus would have mentioned it, right ?

That is the root of my beliefs. There are 1700 years of stuff that people think are important yet in and outside of the Biblical Gospels Jesus never once mentions them. If they were so important why did Jesus talk about figs and mustards seeds instead of talk about angels and demons and His virgin birth, resurrection, deity status, tell us to follow Paul and the RCC and then Luther, explain the Trinity and the Holy Spirit ad infinitum.

It doesn't make sense and modern christianity IMHO makes Jesus look like an idiot at best and a very evil deity at worst.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#468134 Nov 23, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that. The rest IMHO is idle speculation and has nothing to do with salvation so right or wrong opinions don't matter.
IMHO, Angels and demons have nothing to do with this life or the next. If they were that important then Jesus would have mentioned it, right ?

That is the root of my beliefs. There are 1700 years of stuff that people think are important yet in and outside of the Biblical Gospels Jesus never once mentions them. If they were so important why did Jesus talk about figs and mustards seeds instead of talk about angels and demons and His virgin birth, resurrection, deity status, tell us to follow Paul and the RCC and then Luther, explain the Trinity and the Holy Spirit ad infinitum.

It doesn't make sense and modern christianity IMHO makes Jesus look like an idiot at best and a very evil deity at worst.
GOOD POST, G-O_D

Jesus came to teach. He tried to remove the huge burden of religion, which the Pharisees and the Sadducees had placed on people.

That is what we see him doing.

And modern Christianity placed the burden of three Gods on people.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#468135 Nov 23, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOD POST, G-O_D
Jesus came to teach. He tried to remove the huge burden of religion, which the Pharisees and the Sadducees had placed on people.
That is what we see him doing.
And modern Christianity placed the burden of three Gods on people.
Agreed. Paulinism took us out of a frying pan and into a fire.

Location hidden

#468136 Nov 23, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are really interested in Angels I suggest looking into Cabbalah. That is where most of the Angel theory in both Christinity and Judaism comes from, not the Bible.
Be warned, it is considered "Gnostic". It is a considered to be a dangerous path to try to follow Angels, fallen or not. Not that I believe such things.
IMHO, angels do not exist. They are basically the lesser gods of Paganism. I don't believe in more than one "supranatural" being and that is God.
angels in ancient antiquity were described as powers sent by God to the manking
also messengers,4 winds, 4 seasons, fire,water,air, etc....in their antiquity minds were angels,and active by angels controled those powers

also is water,fire,air, 4 seasons,4 winds, storms exists till today,exists also control of all those powers alloved by God to all those angels-messengers.
Angel exists forever

veda books of wisdom describe those earth and Universe keepers as watch securities messengers supervising activity of sun,moon,antidimensional entry gates to the all heavens,even after thrown Adam from Paradise Angels of Fire were protecting paradise gate from entering Adam back to the paradise,

so ,your lack of ancient history is clearly shown to all of us,
that you are just simple earthly human searching for answers in noncanocical books,internet webs,
Instead ask and search Bible with Gods Help

have good day sir g.

Location hidden

#468137 Nov 23, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Paulinism took us out of a frying pan and into a fire.
wrong sir
paulinism have nothing to do with early christiaan fathers and ceasar
Constantine leagalizing world apostazy under direct power of Lord of Darkness and ruler of this earth satan

without of Paul work to all gentiles,today you wouldn't be able to stand up against this false christianity

I hope some day ,God will open your eyes,and maybe in the stream of infinite realm you will start to see awsome beauty of Gods True Gospel to all earth inhabitants

have nice day sir?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#468138 Nov 23, 2012
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong sir
paulinism have nothing to do with early christiaan fathers and ceasar
Constantine leagalizing world apostazy under direct power of Lord of Darkness and ruler of this earth satan
without of Paul work to all gentiles,today you wouldn't be able to stand up against this false christianity
I hope some day ,God will open your eyes,and maybe in the stream of infinite realm you will start to see awsome beauty of Gods True Gospel to all earth inhabitants
have nice day sir?
Good post BTJ, how're you this evening?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

And thank you JESUS for caring

#468139 Nov 23, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
GOoD morning WSJLM -- It's so nice to be able to come in and read the posts and not be back logged by pages and pages to scroll over.
As I read from Dr Billy Graham this morning - I was lead to this one simple little verse that clearly places within my heart as to how I believe.
1st Timothy 16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels,preached unto the gentiles,believed on in the world, received up into glory.
I have listened to Billy Grahams preaching and read his books for as far back as I can remember.
He states if you want to know what God is like, then take a long look at Jesus Christ -- because He was God in human flesh.
Nice way of putting it Cyber Sister Granny.... by the way, did you see Remudie's reply to you in the old thread? You have to scroll past myth buster (used to be pomona atheist) and a couple of others, but Remudie really wrote you a lovely posting :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

And thank you JESUS for caring

#468140 Nov 23, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't see how JESUS is made to took like an idiot or evil today, when HE came to teach us to love one another and gave HIS life for us... there are many who toss all sorts of accusations around, but none will even land at HIS feet, IMO.

I believe that ANGELS are well and truly apart of this life and our Heavenly life, and they are mentioned all through the Bible, but I also have my own personal reasons for my strong belief.

If I have time today, I might Google your suggestion in your previous posting...

Location hidden

#468141 Nov 23, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
Good evening Jute;

(John 14:21--1 John 3:1--Romans 8:14-16--Romans 5:5--Psalms 36:7)
Fellowship,sonship and trust.

Hope you are feeling better had a nice Thanksgiving.
I posted this to you simple cause felt a need to share with you.
God bless.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468142 Nov 23, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Shalowm again, my Brother.
I apologize for continuing with this. I'm really not trying to be a jerk. I truly am trying to understand, but my mind won't stop with the questions. Bear with me, please and if you will. Anyway...
I believe I know the scripture you're referring to. At John 10:30, it's recorded that our anointed Savior declared, "I and my Father are one." I don't question this. I agree. But, what I do question is what was meant. Following is an example as to why.
1Corinthians 6:16
What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
Now, what do these two verses, John 10:30 and 1Corinthians 6:16, have in common?
ANSWER: Both use the identical Greek term and definition for "one," which is "heis."
John 10:30
I and my Father are [heis].
1Corinthians 6:16
What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is [heis] body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
As we can see, Paul used the identical Greek term and definition that's interpreted as "one" at 1Corinthians 6:16 as John used at John 10:30. Now, my questions to you are these.
1) Are we to interpret Paul's use of the term "one" as literal rather than figurative?
2) Does a man and harlot, according to Paul, become "one body," literally?
3) Was Paul simply alluding to how a man and harlot become joined, but in a figurative sense?
As you most likely know, most (if not all) agree that Paul was speaking figuratively. Now, my question to you is this.
1) Knowing that the interpretation of the Greek term and definition is used figuratively at 1Corinthians 6:16, why should we apply a literal interpretation of the same Greek term and definition at John 10:30?
2) Why should we believe that Paul was speaking figuratively, but John literally?
What say you, my Brother?
Good evening BLL, sorry it took me this long to get back to you but it is the first real opportunity that I've had to do so and please do not equate a desire to understand Godly things with being a jerk, we learn by asking praying and allowing the spirit to open up our understanding, the scriptures that you have posted here could be talking about two different things, the union between a man and a women is a physical one, Christ relations to God is a spiritual one as he said in the Word that he proceeded forth and came from God and this pretty much takes us back to what I have been talking to both you and Qu about, taking us right back to the first chapter of John's gospel that the Word which was with God in the beginning and the Word was God and was made flesh and dwelt among us, to me what Paul was doing was using the physical to make an analogy concerning a spiritual matter.

Again Jesus and the Father are one and not two as it is declared all throughout the Word that there is but ONE God and one God only.

Location hidden

#468143 Nov 23, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good post BTJ, how're you this evening?
I am not able to be long time on this topic
I only post few posts and have to work on my assignements given me by Heavenly Gods law

I like this topic, that is all,
I see this old guy G,as believer person, only his faith is contaminated by wisdom of this world
God bless you Lawest 100
and those who are really devoted to God and His Word

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468144 Nov 23, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that GOD made the Giants, perhaps they were needed for hard times and perhaps they became aggressive, such as Goliath... sadly, evil walks hand in hand with many and even GOD is astounded! The Book of JOB is one of my favourites ~ no matter what is put against us, GOD can take it away.
1 Samuel 17:49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David...
GOD indeed gives us inner strength, especially when we have such Faith as David had, that we can triumph when surely triumph seems out of our reach :)
Good evening Serah, yes the piwer of God at work, although the 6th chapter of Genesis talks about Giants and tbe union between the sons of God and human females the main focal point of the chapter was centering on how evil man had became and how it had grieved God that he had created man as just his very thoughts alone was continually evil thus the decision to flood the earth out and cleanse it saving just 8 people, Noah and his wife and their 3 sons and their wives because Noah was a righteous man before the eyes of God who respected God.

And the David and Goliath incident..........what else can it be but the power of God when you can slay a 9 foot plus armored giant with nothing more than a sling shot and a stone.

Blessings.

Location hidden

#468145 Nov 23, 2012
And walk in love as Christ also hath loved us and hath given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

How excellent is Thy lovingkindness O God therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Thy wings.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min onemale 258,001
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min It aint necessari... 733,039
Are truck drivers faithful?? (Sep '08) 12 min Ginger 64 169
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 15 min tamil 5,319
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min guest 538,995
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 18 min eduardomanalo 117,973
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 29 min Tuco Blondie 226,358
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Blck 106
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••