“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#468138 Nov 23, 2012
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong sir
paulinism have nothing to do with early christiaan fathers and ceasar
Constantine leagalizing world apostazy under direct power of Lord of Darkness and ruler of this earth satan
without of Paul work to all gentiles,today you wouldn't be able to stand up against this false christianity
I hope some day ,God will open your eyes,and maybe in the stream of infinite realm you will start to see awsome beauty of Gods True Gospel to all earth inhabitants
have nice day sir?
Good post BTJ, how're you this evening?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#468139 Nov 23, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
GOoD morning WSJLM -- It's so nice to be able to come in and read the posts and not be back logged by pages and pages to scroll over.
As I read from Dr Billy Graham this morning - I was lead to this one simple little verse that clearly places within my heart as to how I believe.
1st Timothy 16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels,preached unto the gentiles,believed on in the world, received up into glory.
I have listened to Billy Grahams preaching and read his books for as far back as I can remember.
He states if you want to know what God is like, then take a long look at Jesus Christ -- because He was God in human flesh.
Blessings to all -- TLC - Judy
Nice way of putting it Cyber Sister Granny.... by the way, did you see Remudie's reply to you in the old thread? You have to scroll past myth buster (used to be pomona atheist) and a couple of others, but Remudie really wrote you a lovely posting :)

#468140 Nov 23, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"HE came to us, to teach us to love one another,"
I agree with that. The rest IMHO is idle speculation and has nothing to do with salvation so right or wrong opinions don't matter.
IMHO, Angels and demons have nothing to do with this life or the next. If they were that important then Jesus would have mentioned it, right ?
That is the root of my beliefs. There are 1700 years of stuff that people think are important yet in and outside of the Biblical Gospels Jesus never once mentions them. If they were so important why did Jesus talk about figs and mustards seeds instead of talk about angels and demons and His virgin birth, resurrection, deity status, tell us to follow Paul and the RCC and then Luther, explain the Trinity and the Holy Spirit ad infinitum.
It doesn't make sense and modern christianity IMHO makes Jesus look like an idiot at best and a very evil deity at worst.
I can't see how JESUS is made to took like an idiot or evil today, when HE came to teach us to love one another and gave HIS life for us... there are many who toss all sorts of accusations around, but none will even land at HIS feet, IMO.

I believe that ANGELS are well and truly apart of this life and our Heavenly life, and they are mentioned all through the Bible, but I also have my own personal reasons for my strong belief.

If I have time today, I might Google your suggestion in your previous posting...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#468141 Nov 23, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
GOoD morning WSJLM -- It's so nice to be able to come in and read the posts and not be back logged by pages and pages to scroll over.
As I read from Dr Billy Graham this morning - I was lead to this one simple little verse that clearly places within my heart as to how I believe.
1st Timothy 16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels,preached unto the gentiles,believed on in the world, received up into glory.
I have listened to Billy Grahams preaching and read his books for as far back as I can remember.
He states if you want to know what God is like, then take a long look at Jesus Christ -- because He was God in human flesh.
Blessings to all -- TLC - Judy
Good evening Jute;

(John 14:21--1 John 3:1--Romans 8:14-16--Romans 5:5--Psalms 36:7)
Fellowship,sonship and trust.

Hope you are feeling better had a nice Thanksgiving.
I posted this to you simple cause felt a need to share with you.
God bless.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468142 Nov 23, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Shalowm again, my Brother.
I apologize for continuing with this. I'm really not trying to be a jerk. I truly am trying to understand, but my mind won't stop with the questions. Bear with me, please and if you will. Anyway...
I believe I know the scripture you're referring to. At John 10:30, it's recorded that our anointed Savior declared, "I and my Father are one." I don't question this. I agree. But, what I do question is what was meant. Following is an example as to why.
1Corinthians 6:16
What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
Now, what do these two verses, John 10:30 and 1Corinthians 6:16, have in common?
ANSWER: Both use the identical Greek term and definition for "one," which is "heis."
John 10:30
I and my Father are [heis].
What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is [heis] body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
As we can see, Paul used the identical Greek term and definition that's interpreted as "one" at 1Corinthians 6:16 as John used at John 10:30. Now, my questions to you are these.
1) Are we to interpret Paul's use of the term "one" as literal rather than figurative?
2) Does a man and harlot, according to Paul, become "one body," literally?
3) Was Paul simply alluding to how a man and harlot become joined, but in a figurative sense?
As you most likely know, most (if not all) agree that Paul was speaking figuratively. Now, my question to you is this.
1) Knowing that the interpretation of the Greek term and definition is used figuratively at 1Corinthians 6:16, why should we apply a literal interpretation of the same Greek term and definition at John 10:30?
2) Why should we believe that Paul was speaking figuratively, but John literally?
What say you, my Brother?
Good evening BLL, sorry it took me this long to get back to you but it is the first real opportunity that I've had to do so and please do not equate a desire to understand Godly things with being a jerk, we learn by asking praying and allowing the spirit to open up our understanding, the scriptures that you have posted here could be talking about two different things, the union between a man and a women is a physical one, Christ relations to God is a spiritual one as he said in the Word that he proceeded forth and came from God and this pretty much takes us back to what I have been talking to both you and Qu about, taking us right back to the first chapter of John's gospel that the Word which was with God in the beginning and the Word was God and was made flesh and dwelt among us, to me what Paul was doing was using the physical to make an analogy concerning a spiritual matter.

Again Jesus and the Father are one and not two as it is declared all throughout the Word that there is but ONE God and one God only.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#468143 Nov 23, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good post BTJ, how're you this evening?
I am not able to be long time on this topic
I only post few posts and have to work on my assignements given me by Heavenly Gods law

I like this topic, that is all,
I see this old guy G,as believer person, only his faith is contaminated by wisdom of this world
God bless you Lawest 100
and those who are really devoted to God and His Word

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468144 Nov 23, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that GOD made the Giants, perhaps they were needed for hard times and perhaps they became aggressive, such as Goliath... sadly, evil walks hand in hand with many and even GOD is astounded! The Book of JOB is one of my favourites ~ no matter what is put against us, GOD can take it away.
1 Samuel 17:49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David...
GOD indeed gives us inner strength, especially when we have such Faith as David had, that we can triumph when surely triumph seems out of our reach :)
Good evening Serah, yes the piwer of God at work, although the 6th chapter of Genesis talks about Giants and tbe union between the sons of God and human females the main focal point of the chapter was centering on how evil man had became and how it had grieved God that he had created man as just his very thoughts alone was continually evil thus the decision to flood the earth out and cleanse it saving just 8 people, Noah and his wife and their 3 sons and their wives because Noah was a righteous man before the eyes of God who respected God.

And the David and Goliath incident..........what else can it be but the power of God when you can slay a 9 foot plus armored giant with nothing more than a sling shot and a stone.

Blessings.

Location hidden

#468145 Nov 23, 2012
And walk in love as Christ also hath loved us and hath given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

How excellent is Thy lovingkindness O God therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Thy wings.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468146 Nov 23, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lee
Haven't had time to research further on the Holy Spirit yet as there are some things I want to check out in the OT. But just wanted to throw out a few verses into the conversation you and Lawest are having and see what you guys think about them...
1Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
John 20:28
"Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
Colossians 2:9
“For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”
...(T) Peace
Good E Skom, I think that the scriptures that you posted helps to add to the point that I have been making that God and Christ are one and the same, when I used the 1st Timothy scripture to help put this point over someone tried to refute it by saying that merely means that God worked through Jesus physical body but the last part of that verse says it all when it mentions 'was received up into glory' and the beginning of that verse'GOD was' letting us know that Jesus Christ is God almighty and ONE with father.

Peace.

#468147 Nov 23, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening Serah, yes the piwer of God at work, although the 6th chapter of Genesis talks about Giants and tbe union between the sons of God and human females the main focal point of the chapter was centering on how evil man had became and how it had grieved God that he had created man as just his very thoughts alone was continually evil thus the decision to flood the earth out and cleanse it saving just 8 people, Noah and his wife and their 3 sons and their wives because Noah was a righteous man before the eyes of God who respected God.
And the David and Goliath incident..........what else can it be but the power of God when you can slay a 9 foot plus armored giant with nothing more than a sling shot and a stone.
Blessings.
Exactly ~ Faith is a magnificent armor :)

#468148 Nov 23, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
And walk in love as Christ also hath loved us and hath given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
How excellent is Thy lovingkindness O God therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Thy wings.
Indeed those of us who know GOD deep in our Hearts are truly Blessed.... We know HE will take care of the things we would worry about otherwise :)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468149 Nov 23, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are really interested in Angels I suggest looking into Cabbalah. That is where most of the Angel theory in both Christinity and Judaism comes from, not the Bible.
Be warned, it is considered "Gnostic". It is a considered to be a dangerous path to try to follow Angels, fallen or not. Not that I believe such things.
IMHO, angels do not exist. They are basically the lesser gods of Paganism. I don't believe in more than one "supranatural" being and that is God.
Hello G, thanks but I'll pass, I believe that the Bible tells us all we need to know about Angels.

Peace

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468150 Nov 23, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly ~ Faith is a magnificent armor :)
Amen.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468151 Nov 23, 2012
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not able to be long time on this topic
I only post few posts and have to work on my assignements given me by Heavenly Gods law
I like this topic, that is all,
I see this old guy G,as believer person, only his faith is contaminated by wisdom of this world
God bless you Lawest 100
and those who are really devoted to God and His Word
Well put, have a good evening.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#468152 Nov 23, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed those of us who know GOD deep in our Hearts are truly Blessed.... We know HE will take care of the things we would worry about otherwise :)
Amen. So true.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#468153 Nov 23, 2012
People think they should have the RIGHT to abort,aka MURDER,the unborn. Almighty God only intended for sex to be between a husband and a wife. Not between fornicators,adulteres,homosexu als,lesbians,or beastialitists.

#468154 Nov 23, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Amen. So true.
:)

Location hidden

#468155 Nov 23, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed those of us who know GOD deep in our Hearts are truly Blessed.... We know HE will take care of the things we would worry about otherwise :)
The promise that never get broken,nothing is impossible with God and I am with you always.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#468156 Nov 23, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
Hey Lee
Haven't had time to research further on the Holy Spirit yet as there are some things I want to check out in the OT. But just wanted to throw out a few verses into the conversation you and Lawest are having and see what you guys think about them...
1Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
"Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
Colossians 2:9
“For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”
...(T) Peace
1Timothy 3:15-16
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Godliness, indeed, is a great mystery, unless we learn of our Godhead and become one with them. And who's our perfect example? Obviously, our anointed Savior is our perfect example. He was, after all, "God" manifest in the flesh. None can see Father and live, therefore our anointed Savior came to us, to manifest, or reveal, the nature of Father to and for our benefit. And the power and authority our anointed Savior exuded proved he was given the Spirit, which justified his thoughts, actions, reactions, and speech. And the rest is history.

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

And why shouldn't have Thomas addressed our anointed Savior as such? He IS "God." He's not our "God of gods (Deut 10:17)," but he is "God."

"God" and "Lord" are only titles. And none are Father's exclusively. In Hebrew and Greek, the only thing that differentiates the terms "God" and "Lord" are the surrounding context and content. There were no upper and lower-case letters in the original tongues.

Colossians 2:6-10
As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power.

In other words, we've no reason to search anywhere else for the path to righteousness and to become Godlike. All that's to learn, from and about Father, was taught and exemplified by our anointed Savior.

And that's just my quick-take on the subject.

Shalowm, my Brother.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#468157 Nov 23, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good evening BLL, sorry it took me this long to get back to you but it is the first real opportunity that I've had to do so
Fret not thyself, my Brother. I know there's a life outside Topix. And it's good that you have one! lol
LAWEST100 wrote:
and please do not equate a desire to understand Godly things with being a jerk, we learn by asking praying and allowing the spirit to open up our understanding, the scriptures that you have posted here could be talking about two different things, the union between a man and a women is a physical one, Christ relations to God is a spiritual one as he said in the Word that he proceeded forth and came from God and this pretty much takes us back to what I have been talking to both you and Qu about, taking us right back to the first chapter of John's gospel that the Word which was with God in the beginning and the Word was God and was made flesh and dwelt among us, to me what Paul was doing was using the physical to make an analogy concerning a spiritual matter.
Again Jesus and the Father are one and not two as it is declared all throughout the Word that there is but ONE God and one God only.
I'm not sure what you've asserted is accurate, my Brother. First, to quote the verse...

What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

Quoted, above, is how the verse appears. Now, I'll quote the verse again, as I did in my previous post, with the Greek rendering of the term "one," which is identical to the term John used, at John 10:30.

"What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is [HEIS] body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh."

Now, if we'll take a moment to notice, the term "one" actually appears twice, but only once from the Greek "HEIS." The other "one" is different, though. With the Greek rendering of this second "one," the same verse would appear as such...

"What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be [MIA] flesh."

And now, I'd like to quote the verse using both Greek renderings for the term "one."

"What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is [HEIS] body? for two, saith he, shall be [MIA] flesh."

Again, my point is to question the widely accepted interpretation applied to John 10:30, where our anointed Savior declared that he and Father are "one." Following is a verse that also has the term "one" in it, three times. First, I'll quote the actual verse without the Greek rendering. Then, I'll quote it again, but with the Greek rendering.

Matthew 17:4
Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.

"Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; [MIA] for thee, and [MIA] for Moses, and [MIA] for Elias."

Thank you, so much, for your time, consideration, and patience, my Brother. And I truly hope you understand why I question the widely accepted interpretation of the term "HEIS" at both, the above verse and John 10:30. Consider this term "MIA," too, please and if you will.

Until next time...shalowm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Hidingfromyou 778,045
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min onemale 265,425
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Oxbow 560,421
Gay snapchat names 20 min Sammy 169
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 36 min DIVINAX1X 96,850
Porn sites that will not get block from Parenta... (Jul '12) 36 min DIVINAX1X 24
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 54 min Anti-Christ 441,819
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 9 hr yon 4,875
More from around the web