“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#468051 Nov 22, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
As for the baptism that you mentioned that is so much a essential part of our salvation...it's all IN the name of the Lord Jesus Christ only as there is no "they" to give homage to in this action, Colossians 3:17 instructs us that what so ever we do in Word or in deed do all IN the name of the Lord Jesus givibg thanks to God and the fatber by him, because again all AUTHORITY is in the name of JESUS CHRIST and that IS the name of the father, and of the son and of the holy ghost.

EDITED FOR SPACE
By mentioning Acts, you reminded me of a past discussion I had with a vehement atheist that attempted to convince all in the thread that the apostles willfully disobeyed the specific command of our anointed Savior. Their point and contention was a simple one. I'm paraphrasing, but they asked, "Why did the apostles baptize in Jesus' name only when Jesus instructed them to baptize, specifically,'in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost'?" This atheist could easily be deemed as one that lacked understanding (and was by some), but nonetheless. Their question was a valid one.

First, I believe that their primary goal was to create more dissension between believers, because (if memory serves me correctly) we were actually discussing whether or not a "trinity" truly exists. Obviously, Matthew 28:19 is a favored verse in such discussions. Regardless, they brought one major point from the verse that we had no choice but to accept.

In Hebrew and Greek, the simple term "and" is used to indicate a continuation. And we can easily see that the term "and" is twice used in the construct of the sentence. And not only that, but a comma is used, too, which indicates a natural division. Therefore, they contended that the verse could be easily reconstructed to read as such:

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and [in the name] of the Son, and [in the name] of the Holy Ghost."

They were right.

They would repeat, as one point of their argument, how that Father's name is "Jehovah," and that the Son's name is "Jesus," but that the Holy Ghost doesn't have a name as Father and Son do. Of course, they would then ask how anyone can baptize and be baptized in all three names when all three don't have names? Then, they would return to their initial argument, accusing the apostles of willfully disobeying our anointed Savior's "specific command." Understanding that the interpretation of the term "name" can exceed that of a personal identification, but can also be used to indicate power and authority, I discussed the matter with the atheist. Sadly, the discussion ended with an agreement to disagree. Even now, I don't believe the atheist cared, either way. But, for the sake of Truth, I did what I believed necessary.

All in all, I understand your point. But, I believe it's important that we remember that all things is to, in the end, give glory to Father. The woman gives glory to the man. Man gives glory to our anointed Savior. Our anointed Savior gives glory to Father. I call this "The Divine Trickle Effect."

Please and if you will. Allow me to slightly alter these next few verses, and tell me if they make sense to you. The alterations will appear in brackets.

Philippians 2:9-11
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a [authority] which is above every [authority];
That at the [authority] of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

KEY POINTS: "..highly exalted him," and "..is Lord."

Also, keep in mind that "Jesus" was a most common name in Israel. And secondly, he wasn't the only one that was believed to be the promised Messiah of prophecy. Therefore, I believe many of these verses that use the term "name" must be directing us to a deeper interpretation.

What say you, my Brother?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#468052 Nov 22, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Serah!Thank you.Same to you my friend.(T) PEACE
Cheers Skom ~ I guess you are in your Thanksgiving day now as mine is drawing to a close. It is a lovely Spring evening here, mid 80's and I might just take little Pugstar out for a stroll. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving; perhaps we don't always appreciate what we have, but in reflection, we have much more than many others.

GOD Bless, enjoy your day, and Peace to you too, friend :)

#468053 Nov 22, 2012
Lawest wrote:
<quoted text> Hey there Serah, you did miss ME but I won't hold it against you, you and yours have a Blessed Thanksgiving as well.(C:
Ahh; let me jump in right now and wish you a very Blessed Thanksgiving, with many more to follow :O)

GOD Bless.....

#468054 Nov 22, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> He has really displayed childish and immature behavior here that's very unbecoming of an adult let alone someone professing to be filled with God, he chosens to result in chikdish name calling instead of civil debate and vilifies those who disagrees with him on anything, but as it is said..........prayer can change things.
Have a Blessed Thanksgiving D.
Prayer and an internet that is working ~ YAY!! I can't believe what a difference a bit of speed makes to the laptop, and no dropping out!! Finally rang my internet provider last night, and they have fixed it for me.... a great Thanksgiving gift :)

#468055 Nov 22, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo!
Now, you've done it! One can of worms and you went and opened it! lol
If you don't mind, I'm going to make this as brief as possible, so you can examine the scriptures yourself and share, with me, your findings. I might not be right in this. Anyway...
We know that the woman is the glory of man, but I don't believe women are made in the image of man. And why not?
I don't believe the man Adam was, literally, the first man created. Rather, I believe he was the first created after mankind was created. And here's why...
In the Hebrew texts, the actual man, Adam, isn't mentioned until Genesis 2:21. The 4 times "Adam" is used prior to verse 21 (vss. 19-20), the literal translation is "man," or "mankind." Even the 3 times after (vs. 23, 3:8, 9) translates, literally, to the same. The man, Adam, isn't mentioned by name again until Genesis 3:17. And after this, even though the name "Adam" appears another 6 times, the man "Adam" isn't mentioned again, literally, until Genesis 5:3. Yes, it's possible that Adam is alluded to, but I'm only suggesting a possibility based on the literal translation. Anyway...
When we read of the creation of mankind, many merely assume that the first human ever was Adam. And then, of course, Eve was made from him. In the meantime, Genesis 1:26-28 raises questions in my ever-seeking mind.
And God said, Let us make ['adam] in our image, after our likeness: and let *THEM (*emphasis mine) have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created ['adam] in his own image, in the image of God created he him; *MALE AND FEMALE CREATED HE THEM.
And God blessed *THEM, and God said unto *THEM.....
I believe that when it's first written, "..in the image of God created he him," that this supposed singularity was used purposely to declare two things-- In no particular order, our "natural use" of one another, as man and woman become "one," and the order in which man is designated as the head of the woman.
Again, I could be wrong. But, this is the conclusion I've come to, so far. And in this conclusion, I've found it a much easier task explaining why Cain feared for his life after he was cast out and how he was able to marry even though only Adam, Eve, Abel, and Cain, were mentioned up to that time.
What say you, my Brother?
Hey BLL, I give some scriptures much thought, as I suppose many of us do, but Genesis 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch gives much to think about too.

Would one call a home of Father, Mother and Son a city?

And Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown...

Where did the giants come from?

Ahhh, much to think about indeed, and I think that is why I love the Bible so much, it surely swims with time and knowledge :)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#468056 Nov 22, 2012
To BROTHER LEE LOVE:

Have to respond in this manner for space as my original response to your post went over Topix 4000 character limit..........what I would say as you asked me is that it appears that we are on the same page as far as Jesus Christ being the ultimate name in authority as well as the only name that we have any hope in as far as salvation is concerned as outlined in Acts 4:12, however it would seem as far as your conversation with that Atheist goes is that like so many people fail to understand wnd including those who profess to be born again Christians is that the terms Father, Son and Holy Ghost are TITLES of the ONE God and NOT NAMES and when you take a candidate under water for baptism as I've said before calling out the titles and not IN the name of Jesus Christ that is not a baptism because you have only repeated after Jesus and have not done what he actually said to do, it should be no secret that I do not believe in the trinitarian doctrine as the Bible lets us know that there is only ONE God who was manifested in three different ways and not three Gods..........Father in creation, Son in redemption and the Holy Ghost in the church today.

The Atheist that you were talking to very likely as you said was probably only trying to csuse division among you and not really interesting in learning for spiritual edification for himself and all involved in the conversation, our former pastor and overseer once warned us to be careful of how deeply you get into these spiritual discussions with unbelievers as you can end up making yourself upset trying to get the understanding of the Word over to them, they have to be honest and sincere in their hearts for the power of God to work with their understanding.

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving BLL.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468057 Nov 22, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh; let me jump in right now and wish you a very Blessed Thanksgiving, with many more to follow :O)
GOD Bless.....
Thank you Serah, I really didn't believe that you forgot me on purpose, happy Thanksgiving and God Bless you as well.(C:

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#468058 Nov 22, 2012
Serah wrote:
Hey BLL, I give some scriptures much thought, as I suppose many of us do, but Genesis 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch gives much to think about too.
Would one call a home of Father, Mother and Son a city?
And Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown...
Where did the giants come from?
Ahhh, much to think about indeed, and I think that is why I love the Bible so much, it surely swims with time and knowledge :)
Greetings, salutations, and shalowm, Serah.

I'm aware of the commonly accepted interpretation of these "giants," but the truth of the matter is, the actual translation of the Hebrew term (nephiyl, or nephil) means, simply, "tyrant," or "bully," and not some extraordinarily large man at the top of a beanstalk, or guarding vegetables for a kid named "Sprout." But, that's an excellent observation, indeed! By examining the verse, it seems to do more than just imply that these "giants" were alive and well even before these "sons of God" decided to come "into the daughters of men."

And you're absolutely right? Why would he build a whole city for himself, his wife, and their son? Or, why would they call whatever plot of land they lived on, and whatever buildings they built on it, a "city?"

Inquiring minds want to know!

Kudos, Serah.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#468059 Nov 22, 2012
The so-called 'Holy Spirit' does not exist as an entity besides God Almighty.

Jesus is not on record for talking a lot about it, men are.

It simply means the power or the force of God Almighty that works behind everything.

“Native Spell Healer”

Since: Nov 12

Pretoria, South Africa

#468060 Nov 22, 2012
Jesus love you and me because he created me and you. we are his children so he cares about us

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#468061 Nov 22, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving Day Everyone.....

“Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year;
to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.”

~ Edward Sandford Martin

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468062 Nov 22, 2012
We Give Thanks

Our Father in Heaven,
We give thanks for the pleasure
Of gathering together for this occasion.
We give thanks for this food
Prepared by loving hands.
We give thanks for life,
The freedom to enjoy it all
And all other blessings.
As we partake of this food,
We pray for health and strength
To carry on and try to live as You would have us.
This we ask in the name of Christ,
Our Heavenly Father.

- Harry Jewell

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468063 Nov 22, 2012
Encouraging Words....

“Come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come to Him with thanksgiving.”

Psalm 95:1-2

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468064 Nov 22, 2012
Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Epi, seem to be hanging in there thanks to friends and my boys. Hoping that Spring will refresh and revive like everything else. Did that make sense?
I'm thankful to be here, thankful to be able to send well wishes to all.
Wondering about W_N's boy, has anyone had any news?
No I'm sorry I haven't...Go on the Why I am no longer a Christian thread and T-mail her. Last time I heard he was going thru re-hab.

Have a great Thanksgiving

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468065 Nov 22, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>GOD's Blessings to you too Sweet Sister, and I hope that your Thanksgiving is wonderful too :)
YOU TOO.....Cyber HUGS to you

>>>>>H_U_G_S <<<<<

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#468066 Nov 22, 2012
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day Everyone. Don't EAT too much....

WE have SO MUCH to be Thankful for!!

“Jesus's strong loving arms”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#468068 Nov 22, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours.

Love you all,
SF

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468069 Nov 22, 2012
StraightForward wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours.
Love you all,
SF
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving SF, hope that all is alright with you and yours and it's good to see you here.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#468070 Nov 22, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
We Give Thanks
Our Father in Heaven,
We give thanks for the pleasure
Of gathering together for this occasion.
We give thanks for this food
Prepared by loving hands.
We give thanks for life,
The freedom to enjoy it all
And all other blessings.
As we partake of this food,
We pray for health and strength
To carry on and try to live as You would have us.
This we ask in the name of Christ,
Our Heavenly Father.
- Harry Jewell
Amen, Happy Thanksgiving Epi.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#468071 Nov 22, 2012
To Everyone who comes to the wsjlm threads today
November 25,2012.

Happy Thanksgiving.
May God Bless all
Have a happy day
With peace and love.
God Bless loveya lil whispers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min It aint necessari... 779,195
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min RiccardoFire 265,584
Will the False Prophet come from the Vatican??? 14 min Mr Koresh 15
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Chess 560,743
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUI... 175,796
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 32 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 441,826
Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 49 min cowboy 58
Moses never existed 3 hr feces for jesus 860
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 10 hr daveo69 72
More from around the web