|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>As I stated, I believe the Holy Spirit is as natural a part of the most High as sight is a perfectly functioning eye.
I believe Father simply willed His only-begotten Son into existence. As Geppetto set his hands in motion to create Pinocchio, Father's desire to have a Son of His own set the Holy Spirit in motion.
In simplest terms, as Father is Himself, the Holy Spirit would (should?) be described as Father's "action." This supernatural "action" was, then, imparted unto His Son.
I believe that many people believe the Holy Spirit is an actual person because the Holy Spirit, many times, is personified in scripture. To note, so aren't many other things, such as hell, wisdom, death, blood, water, and sin. In the mind of the ancient Israelite, though, the personification of the Holy Spirit served to accomplish nothing more than to give glory to the source of all things.
I agree, the notion that "the Holy Ghost is the 3rd person in the Godhead" is really laughable and ridiculous, I can analogize it in this fashion as if you are a person of great medical skill and you breathe life back into someone by giving them CPR as you are the father and your life saving breath was the spirit that moved to save that individual's life in action, not the best analogy I'm sure but I believe that some will the point.

Peace.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Edit: Some will GET the point.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! Good one.
:)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

PrabhSingh wrote:
+
Author : Mehar Baba the Avatar (God-Man)
+
How to Love GOD
Love your fellow beings. If we feel for others in the same way as we feel for our own dear ones, we love God.
----
Look within yourself instead of blaming others.
----
Rob yourself to help others, instead of robbing others to help yourself.
----
Suffer in the sufferings of others and feel happy in the happiness of others.
----
Instead of worrying over your own misfortunes, think how much more fortunate you are than many many others.
----
Endure your lot with patience and contentment, accepting it as His Will.
----
Understand and feel that the greatest act of devotion and worship to God is not to hurt or harm any of His beings.
----
Live for God and die for God, knowing that the goal of life is to Love God, and find Him as your own self.
----
To love God you must love yourself for he created you.
----
Also, to love God, you must accept him and what he does.
----
Dont be greedy to God, dont ask him to help you over and over again.
----
Most importantly.. Dont use GOD s name in vain.
+
May GOD Bless Every Living-Non Living Being.
+
Nice postings, PrabhSingh, and nice to see you in here :)
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

http://news.yahoo.com/ind-house-explosion-now... The ex-husband's involved. WATCH AND SEE.
IMO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

AnnieJ

Stay safe praying you are not out of power. Looks
like a big storm.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Morning Friends

“Real difficulties can be overcome. It is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.“

~ Theodore N. Vail

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Today's Prayer

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour" (1 Pet. 5:8). Dear Lord, I am so aware of how Satan picks at me and tries to trip me all the time. I know there are spiritual dangers around me. Please help me to remain alert and to be under the Holy Spirit's control at all times. I want to draw near to You, so the devil will flee. Please protect my family and me from harm and evil. Thank You for Your love, concern, and protection. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Encouraging Words....

“"And the King will say,'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!'”

Matthew 25:40

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

IMO wrote:
AnnieJ
Stay safe praying you are not out of power. Looks
like a big storm.
I was just thinking of Annie J...Was there a bad storm in the Seattle area?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening Bro Lee, every once in a while I will bounce something off of a JW also (there right there at the far end of the Walmart)... I don't necessarily agree with all of their views but if I get stuck on something they may say something that might trigger another way for me to view the issue.
<quoted text>I think it was more like role-play that the Melchizekian Priest took on when he assumed the post. Kind of like the Pope, when he assumes the position, is believed to be Christ's supreme representative on earth and has the keys to heaven, supposedly... or like Pharaoh who was thought to be Ra's manisfestion on earth. Role play imho... but concerning Mel also, I believe he was a real human being like the rest of us... his name could've been a title but the role was a shadow of things to come. The key words to me is "like unto" the Son of God.. not that he was the Son of God.
<quoted text>So are you saying that Mel was the pre-incarnate Christ or that He was a mysterious person that didn't come through the human lineage of Adam like everyone else did?
<quoted text>I pretty much agree with that from a physical standpoint... I believe The Church.. the true church (the called-out people) are that temple in a spiritual sense. And Jesus is the foundation.
Love your and BLL's discussion of "Mel"

:-)
IMO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Drew H wrote:
While we, as mortal humans, would like to think that we can figure all things out, we must face the reality that there are certain things about God that are impossible to understand. He is from everlasting to everlasting, but all that we have ever experienced in life has or will at some point no longer be.
The triune nature of God is one of those things that we will never be able to grasp. It defies logic, but we must remember that God is supernatural and we are natural.
We invent doctrines and dogmas that we strip mine the Bible to try to validate, but more often than not we fail to consider the passages in there true context. We forget that God, throughout the ages, even though he is immutable, has instituted various methods of dealing with mortals, and we try to apply those from the past, which are no longer applicable, to the current age, or world, today.
So many miss the point that salvation, made available by God, has always been by faith. In this present age, we receive faith by grace from the Father, and He afforded it to us through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, who lived a perfect life and offered Himself as the only suitable substitute to pay a debt than in no way could we ever repay.
Believe me when I say that man plays no part in the salvation equation. God not only initiates it, He sustains it and He follows it through to completion. This is not just evidenced in the New testament scriptures, but is clearly seen in the Old Testament as well.
And while I am truly very grateful that He chose me, I still am at a loss as to why. I know that I am an undeserving wretch not worthy of an ounce of mercy, but we must remember that it is God who decides to whom He grants mercy. Just look at the world today. We think that many who receive His mercy surely don't deserve it. And we also see those who we think deserve mercy but seem as though they never receive any. Once again, this defies human logic, but there again, God, who is supernatural, is the standard, and all of His choosing and dispensing is righteous. I don't understand it, but once I came to grips with it, a new door to my understanding of His Word was opened.
Lord knows, I don't know or understand it all, but I do know that we all need a shot of humility every now and again, and it is my contention that God will give that shot of humility to all genuine believers to keep us on an even keel. It is my prayer that God will never allow me to place myself above any other human, believer or not, because I know from whence I came. So remember that not all will answer His call, and it is not up to us to condemn any other person. He is the righteous judge of all things, and He sets the standards, which none of us, on our own will ever achieve. Moreover, praise His holy name because He did provide us a vehicle and a path back to Him and that vehicle and path, as it is written in His Word and revealed by the Holy Spirit, is the Lord and Savior, His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, not any particular thing or things that we have personally done. This, in and of itself, should provide us, each and all, with that needed daily dose of humility.
So during this Thanksgiving season, we should all take some time to reflect on what is now and what could have been had we not received His call.
I hope that everyone has a wonderful evening and a better tomorrow.
Brag on God!
Preach on it Bro.....The "Brag on God" Preacher

I am Thankful for you Drew....That is so great Kim got a good job with benefits...That is an answer to prayer for sure. My grandaughter moved out with her Mom in Missouri....She is doing good....:-)

Gods Love to ya

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

IMO wrote:
http://news.msn.com/us/storms- roll-across-northwest-causing- 1-death
Thanks In my opinion.....2 inches of rain in six hours is alot

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Heh...its getting to be that time again!I think Michigan has a shot this year! I havent had bragging rights since I came on Topix. This is the year..i can feel it! LOL
OK......We will see.......Bwa...Ha...Ha..Ha

:-P

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I care about you and Epi a great deal.I am glad our friendship does not require the same perspectives or even the same friends. I respect you guys follow your hearts. If I could do the same and see this the same way I would in a heartbeat because of what you two mean to me.In any event know the same is true for me and the value I put on our friendship will never change.Love always, Steve
:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I think you've convinced me, Qu_innocence.
Sometimes, it seems to be a curse, but my mind is capable of a myriad of thoughts at one time, and to process all these thoughts in almost lightning speed. While I've been typing to you, I was also scrolling through my mental files of the bible. At one point during this time, I asked myself, "If our anointed Savior was Melchizedek, then why is there no mention of Melchizedek before his meeting with Abraham?" Then, my mind began to focus on all the recorded events prior. "If our anointed Savior appeared as flesh and blood to meet Abraham, then why didn't he do the same when the Israelites were trekking through the wilderness? or entering Canaan? or...?" The questions wouldn't stop until I began this post.
Again, kudos. Praise our 'Elohiym after you read this, as you most likely will anyway.
Until next time...may the shalowm of our 'Elohiym remain with you and yours.
Whoa...You don't see this much....^^^^

I wish I had your mental ability...."my mind is capable of a myriad of thoughts at one time, and to process all these thoughts in almost lightning speed."
Awesome.....That is a Blessings from God (well maybe sometimes NOT)

Hope you stick around more BLL....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice postings, PrabhSingh, and nice to see you in here :)
Serah Friend.....How are you doing? I haven't seen you or Irirra arond here lately....Miss you

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, the notion that "the Holy Ghost is the 3rd person in the Godhead" is really laughable and ridiculous, I can analogize it in this fashion as if you are a person of great medical skill and you breathe life back into someone by giving them CPR as you are the father and your life saving breath was the spirit that moved to save that individual's life in action, not the best analogy I'm sure but I believe that some will the point.
Peace.
WoW! Something we agree upon!

<smile>

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

PrabhSingh wrote:
+
Author : Mehar Baba the Avatar (God-Man)
+
How to Love GOD
Love your fellow beings. If we feel for others in the same way as we feel for our own dear ones, we love God.
----
Look within yourself instead of blaming others.
----
Rob yourself to help others, instead of robbing others to help yourself.
----
Suffer in the sufferings of others and feel happy in the happiness of others.
----
Instead of worrying over your own misfortunes, think how much more fortunate you are than many many others.
----
Endure your lot with patience and contentment, accepting it as His Will.
----
Understand and feel that the greatest act of devotion and worship to God is not to hurt or harm any of His beings.
----
Live for God and die for God, knowing that the goal of life is to Love God, and find Him as your own self.
----
To love God you must love yourself for he created you.
----
Also, to love God, you must accept him and what he does.
----
Dont be greedy to God, dont ask him to help you over and over again.
----
Most importantly.. Dont use Gods name in vain.
Good things to ponder on....

Thanks Prabh....God be with you also

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

538 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min shyam 4,557
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 532,461
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min WildWeirdWillie 172,274
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min Hidingfromyou 720,283
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min waaasssuuup 224,042
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 33 min Dalit Trolls Biffers 114,982
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 40 min Jennette 161
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 17 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••