Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is another problem with Christianity. The apostles were clueless while he was alive yet the Church makes them to be perfect mouths of God himself after JEsus dies. The there is Paul who never met Jesus and knew nothing about Him but is all but a God himself in Christianity.
Indeed!

Paul was definitely a fraud. In fact, we do not see him teaching or preaching what Jesus said.

Had Paul not gone West (Greece, Turkey and Rome), there would have been no Roman or Pauline Christianity.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed!
Paul was definitely a fraud. In fact, we do not see him teaching or preaching what Jesus said.
Had Paul not gone West (Greece, Turkey and Rome), there would have been no Roman or Pauline Christianity.
Double Fine likes Paul.

Along with John, George and Ringo

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I just got my kitchen cleaned up and a load of laundry in and now I feel all washed out teehee --
But all is well my friend -- TLC - Judy
Good to hear Judy, sometimes a little light work can have good therapuetic effect but don't over assert yourself my friend allow your strength to build up a little more, how's your hubby doing btw?

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed!
There was no need to make Paul's epistles the "Word of God" though and although Paul might have been the first to preach to pagans, he certainly wasn't the last as evidenced by the several different pagan Christian sects that Constantine forced to accept Roman Paulinism.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember well the early days and the famous lawnmower discussion with Ham -- Because I knew Hams heart and GOoDness I could see the points he was trying to make - Your guard was up as you were new here - but thank God thru time - you took time to listen with your heart and that is where you started to change.
On Ham's one year anniversary quite a few people stopped in to remember him and out of respect for that several people, myself included, suggested that should be a day to set aside differences and wanted the day to peaceful. Larry implied he saw this as hypocritical because he said Ham had been involved in disagreements himself at times and wanted to know why we had not set aside a day for Micah as well.

I thought he missed the point as I don't think anyone was suggesting someone was perfect since nobody but Jesus is. Ham did strive for peace more than most and is something he should be remembered for. But the point as I saw it anyway was that people wanted a day to remember someone they cared deeply for and there should be things that supersede any personal animus. It is somewhat of an unwritten rule among civilized people IMO that we respect a day set aside for a memorial.

I mention that in part to segue into my next thought which is that while Ham and I had the occasional disagreement I respected the man a great deal. I remember all the good conversations and the numerous times he displayed a heart rarely seen in people these days. That he and I didn't always agree also didn't change the fact that I learned from him and took many positives away from his example. I think the sum of a man is what we look at and Ham brought a lot of love to the table.

to be cont

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>

I too remember how Kay was so misunderstood by a few in here as she had problems with explanation as I see with Whispers now --
Kay has long been one of my favorites on Topix. The communication barrier exists because of a legitimate challenge she deals with, although for those that have come to know her she has become very easy to understand. Respectfully I don't see the situations as comparable. Even those closest to Whispers suggested she was pretending to talk how she does simply because it is fun for her to do so. That suggestion came on the heels of mounting examples of posts where she could express herself quite well. People's writing styles many differ slightly from post to post or depending on who they are talking to. What they don't do is jump from not being fluent in English to being articulate.
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth my friend, we know her in the real world and she is a loving most kindhearted hard working woman you'd ever have the pleasure to get to know -- I'm hoping you and John would reevaluate your opinions and open your views for a change of heart
I don't know if you have been asked to reach out to me or simply if you felt the desire to. I don't begrudge either. But I can't speak to her heart as I do not know her well enough and only God can ultimately judge it. What I can go by is what I have seen and that has been a long, repeated pattern of dishonesty, manipulations, and games.

I no longer care what motivates someone to lie. Whether they are insecure or desire acceptance or simply just enjoy fooling others is not important to me. You either can take someone at their word or you can not and nothing i have seen suggests she can be. A woman almost 70 doesn't make old age jokes about someone in their early 80's. An almost 70 year old grandmother is not on other sites talking about getting rode hard and wet like a douche nor does she then lie about those posts being hers or fake her speech for fun. A grandmother at almost 70 isn't making nonsensical posts in the middle of the night nor is she making up stories that don't pass even the barest litmus test for credibility. And she doesn't alter scripture not hide behind it to disguise (poorly) personal insults.

to be cont

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

@Judy

These are my opinions. I can not prove them but I don't see them changing. And the reasons I gave are just the tip of the iceberg. I did however give her the opportunity for over a year to go her way and i would go mine. She not only did not take it, she chided me as being less than a man and accused me of running from a fight, claimed I was hiding behind my skirt, that I would not dictate to her how she posts, and even accused me of molesting children at one point. She has made her bed. Does that mean I can't forgive or can't move on? No. But I believe her to be dishonest. And when I see examples of it I call them out. If they weren't so obvious she would have a response. The only time she has nothing to say in return is when she can't say anything. At least nothing that would be believable IMO.

I have no problem with you feeling differently. But I can't have a change of heart when I believe in mine someone is not honest. I am sorry my friend but some things simply are what they are and I can't in good conscience pretend otherwise. If others have found a friend in her then I wish them all the happiness from that as possible. I have no desire to interfere. But I can't turn back the clock. If she were to ever take responsibility it would be a different matter. But so long as lies are being presented as truths I can't see how my view will change

(T) Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>

Anyway -- I saw that GOoD in you from the get go even when you were fighting so hard against it -- You are very dear to me and I'm not trying to embarrass you by being mushy -- I feel the same for John as he was one of the first I met on Topix -- he had my back in some fierce altercations.
But X was also one of the first I met and that went over like a lead baloon teehee --
Whats important to me is the friendship we have for eternity and I'm hoping as your friend you take what I say to heart -- or at least think about it thru an open heart o;k --
And I will end by saying that is one of the sweetest compliments to say you see Jesus in me -- I truly have His love in my heart. If I an project that then I know He truly is working thru me. And to Him be the Glory --
TLC - Judy
You have not embarrassed me by being mushy. We have known each other for quite some time and have talked in and out of the room and about things close to our heart. The closeness is something I value as is the honesty and openness we have always shared

I do hope others have been reciprocal in that honesty. This is a poster that made 3 posts in all of Topix before coming straight to this room. Posts indicative of a very different poster. And despite not being on Facebook and not knowing any posters in this room outside of here I have to admit i find it disconcerting how many posters I have come to realize she communicates with through email and for how long. It is like almost immediately from showing up here she got as many emails as possible and starting developing these relationships with people she supposedly did not know prior and had no real reason to contact imo outside of the room.

I don't think I emailed anybody except one or two people for like the first year and i am more open than most. I have seen this pattern repeatedly with one other poster. Identity after identity after identity where she would make a few posts somewhere else to show a "history" and then come straight here and try to immediately start emailing people and getting as close a possible. I also know how dangerous this poster is in real life.

I know how easy it is to fake a caller ID and to set up a fake white pages account. In fact I noticed as soon as I demonstrated both she had immediate replies. The first saying i was a trouble maker and to the White pages suddenly announcing how she had lived all over the place and in big cities before moving to the country. Something she never mentioned before but conveniently after I said anybody could set up a White pages account claiming any location and just put their cell phone number from anywhere. I'd bet money her number is not from her claimed location.

But this is the last I will say about it. It is very difficult to suggest someone has been fooled imo without it being taken as a slight to their intellect. It honestly is nothing of the sort as I think you guys are dealing with a sociopath. Nobody would be happier if i am wrong than me. I wish you the best

(T) Peace

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no need to make Paul's epistles the "Word of God" though and although Paul might have been the first to preach to pagans, he certainly wasn't the last as evidenced by the several different pagan Christian sects that Constantine forced to accept Roman Paulinism.
Yes, there was no need at all.

Christian scripture is the only scripture that contains a man's letters. The whole mess was created by Romans, who read Paul's letters and John's sheer incoherence and nonsense. I don't think John, the writer ever sat in the company of Jesus.

And nobody knows what gospel did Paul preach? When Paul was preaching, there was not a single gospel out of the four in the market or in the streets. All four gospels and Revelation stand cursed and condemned under Galatians' Clause 1:8 and I am sure you are aware of that.

Good night from my side.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine likes Paul.
Along with John, George and Ringo
lol! Good one.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

@ G_O_D

What is your view on Hebrews. I think it is a heavily forged document.

Why was it named Hebrews, when there were no Hebrews left at all?

Please let me have your opinion on this. Thanks.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your reply and you have every right to be as anonymous as you choose to be.
I too agree this generation shall not pass away before we hear the trumpet sound --
On my birthday this year I was diagnosed with colon cancer -- I gotta tell you, tis true your life really passes before you visually when you hear those words.
I have been blessed that surgeons were able to get it all and I don't need chemo or radiation, but all the while lying in the hospital bed -- I really did a lot of soul searching and truly want to excel my life in serving the Lord in however He directs my path.
So whatever gets layed upon my heart will definetely go into print, because I am not afraid to put it out here.
I look forward to hearing more from you --
TLC - Mrs Jute
i appreciate your kind words
and am sure that God asppoint for each one of us,His own time to live and to departure,regardless of earthly sufferings,diseases or sickness
I sincerely wish you long possible health and good spiritual mature hope to have eternal better life
God bless you mrs Jute

I also am not affraid to post all what I think,about christianity

but I quess we have to put a side our hostilities and divission,and much as possible to only deffend Gods Word and tell others about this awsome eternal bright future under God rulership

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
She may have changed it already if she saw your post but I clicked on her name and there is no envelope showing on mine but it does say
"Send a Message
to Old School Granny"
Where I can click on to T-mail. Maybe different browsers show different things?
Either way, it should be working now. She probably saw your msg but just wanted to let you know my browser (Firefox 16.0.2) doesn't even show an envelope but it still can t-mail
(T) Peace
Thanks Steve.....

GO BUCKS

:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
and Bernie Madoff wan't a theif, he was frugal.
who is Bernie Madoff?
your russian zionistic teacher of all fables and lies about NT?

it is complete nonsense and spiritual insanity

Comparing known Paul writtings preserved about 2000 years,
to someone like hell only knows who this Madoff is?

I know who Puttin is?but Madoff? tell us more about your own in young age teacher Madoff?he he heeeee

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

bmz wrote:
@ G_O_D
What is your view on Hebrews. I think it is a heavily forged document.
Why was it named Hebrews, when there were no Hebrews left at all?
Please let me have your opinion on this. Thanks.
his fables and false opinions will lead you to the deep ditch according to Mat 15;14
LET THEM ALONE;THEY BE BLIND LEADERS OF THE BLIND;
AND IF THE BLIND LEAD THE BLIND,BOTH SHALL FALL INTO THE DITCH

He doesn't post his own researches

he posts past 2 years web pages supporting his unbelief,and those internet web pages posted by him,
if you read them carefuly,
THEY ARE BIG MESS,AND CONTRADICT OWN WRITTINGS-This man have nothing to offer

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,nor standeth in the way of sinners not sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the Lord and in his law doeth he mediate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,that bringeth forth his fruit in his season,his leaf also shall not wither,and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

The ungodly are not so,but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

The Lord knoweth the way of the righteous,but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Psalms 1

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
who is Bernie Madoff?
your russian zionistic teacher of all fables and lies about NT?
it is complete nonsense and spiritual insanity
Comparing known Paul writtings preserved about 2000 years,
to someone like hell only knows who this Madoff is?
I know who Puttin is?but Madoff? tell us more about your own in young age teacher Madoff?he he heeeee
Good afternoon BTJ, hope you are doing well today, the link below will all about who bernie madoff is, have a Blessed evening http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Madoff

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Good late afternoon folks, just getting onboard but may not be able to stay long... suppose to be off today but the job keeps calling. So I'm just trying to ignore the phone right now, for a little while anyways... smile.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Brother Lee Love wrote:
Regarding Melchizedek, I agree with "Jehovah's Witnesses" interpretation.
Good evening Bro Lee, every once in a while I will bounce something off of a JW also (there right there at the far end of the Walmart)... I don't necessarily agree with all of their views but if I get stuck on something they may say something that might trigger another way for me to view the issue.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
First, it's written of him: "Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God..."
In saying that he was made "like unto the Son of God,"
I think it was more like role-play that the Melchizekian Priest took on when he assumed the post. Kind of like the Pope, when he assumes the position, is believed to be Christ's supreme representative on earth and has the keys to heaven, supposedly... or like Pharaoh who was thought to be Ra's manisfestion on earth. Role play imho... but concerning Mel also, I believe he was a real human being like the rest of us... his name could've been a title but the role was a shadow of things to come. The key words to me is "like unto" the Son of God.. not that he was the Son of God.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
this must be in reference to how our anointed Savior was conceived in the womb of Mary. Like the creation of the very first man, intercourse was unnecessary in order for our anointed Savior to be conceived. Melchizedek's origins must have been identical, then. He wasn't conceived, nor born. He just was.
So are you saying that Mel was the pre-incarnate Christ or that He was a mysterious person that didn't come through the human lineage of Adam like everyone else did?
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Also, to call Melchizedek the "king of Salem" identifies with our anointed Savior being appointed King, as well. "Salem" is nothing more than another name for Jerusalem. And Jerusalem is, after all, the resting place of "God's" earthly throne, even if a temple doesn't exist. Jerusalem is, with or without a temple, Zion.
I pretty much agree with that from a physical standpoint... I believe The Church.. the true church (the called-out people) are that temple in a spiritual sense. And Jesus is the foundation.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Brother Lee Love wrote:
Titles are most significant throughout the bible. Many times, titles are given as names. "Melchizedek" is one of these. As I believe, "Melchizedek" is the name and title of our anointed Savior as he appeared as a terrestrial being, but before he was born of a woman.
Okay I see... I used to believe that Mel was the pre-incarnate Christ also.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
When he was born of a woman, he was given a different name and title that identified with his overall mission. When in the spirit-realm, he was referred to, man times, as "the Angel of YHWH." And like "Jehovah's Witnesses," I believe that other than this title, that he was also called "Michael" when in the spirit-realm.
I will have to respectfully disagree with JWs here... referring to Hebrews chapter 1 that there is marked difference between The Son of God and an Angel. Though the Jews did see Michael in some ways as their protector. I view the Heavenly Angels as fellow-servants but not family.

Similar to this, if My Dad owned a business and he hired employees not related to him... then he hired me. Well, we would all be employees but we aren't all family. Actually, the scriptures go on to say that one day we will judge angels.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
NOTE: For what reason would Abram offer tithes to Melchizedek unless he had knowledge of who Melchizedek was beforehand?
They both worshipped the Most High God... Abram was obedient to God long before he met Mel... and what they had in common was that Mel was the high priest of that same Most High God. But also being a King it was customary in those times for the sojourner to offer tribute to the ruler of the land or region. Especially when they provide sustenance as Mel brought the bread (food) and wine. As a King, I wonder if Mel was ecstatic about the Kings of Sodom, Gomorrah and the rest being defeated. As a high priest he must've abhorred Sodom's ways. But also as a Priest and representative of the most High God, he blessed Abraham. But just because he blessed Abraham doesn't mean that he was the pre-incarnate Christ. Even Isaac blessed Jacob and Jacob his sons... etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 450,901 - 450,920 of596,628
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

590 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min truth 512,394
Goat Simulator Free Download Pc Game 3 min jaman 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min River Tam 680,988
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Some1 Else 89,636
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Sheilaa 109,811
Proof Jesus never existed (Aug '09) 23 min Some1 Else 12,240
Modi Builders Complaints (Dec '12) 35 min Modi Builders 9
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr relish45 290
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr number four 217,305
•••
•••
•••