Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#467971 Nov 20, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
Hold on, let me find a place to hide from the stone throwing....
Good evening Qu, I'm not going to throw any stones at you but I will only say that I am mildly surprise and disappointed to see you are still holding on to this heresy, me?.........I have to hold on to the scriptures and thank God that he has rooted and ground me in HIS Holy truth steadfast and stable, YOU LORD JESUS!!!!!!!
Blessings my brother.:)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467972 Nov 20, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Thank you all for thinking of me...I am just fine. LOL I actually didn't even know that they considered yesterday a disastrous storm until I read IMO's link. It did rain more than normal for Seattle and the wind was strong but I am used to east coast storms which in my opinion is much worse. In Seattle we normally just get what is referred to as a mizzle (somewhere in between a drizzle and a mist)...and we get a lot of that!
I do appreciate the concern...it is always nice to know that someone is thinking of you.
Good E Annie, I would like to express my relief as well that you are ok.

Blessings.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467973 Nov 20, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say in reading scripture this seems to be more prevalent in the NT but the Bible seems to clearly show all three as separate entities and the Spirit not simply being the spirit of God
Matthew 28:19
Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
1John 14:16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
*notice the word ANOTHER
1John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Good E Skom, I hope that all is well with you, I have to disagree with you here my friend, I just don't see three Gods when the bible makes it so clear through out the Word that there is only ONE, and to say that they are three seperate entities is to me saying that there is three gods and the bible just do not say that, so lets examine some of these scriptures that you have posted, Jesus said to baptize them in the NAME ( singular ) not NAMES ( Plural ) of the father, and of the son and of the holy ghost and thats because God operates in ONE name in this dispensation of truth and grace, at the ladt supper when when he said that the father will send you another comforter in my name, remember Jesus was still among them in the flesh and also told them that he go away and yet come unto them again, because he is the Holy Ghost in spirit and not in the flesh and so when Jesus left them by ascending back into heaven after his death, burial and resurrection he returned unto them again in the form of the Holy Ghost to dwell with and within them as he promised them tbat he would.

The third scripture that you posted I have also covered with Qu, the father, the word ( not the son ) and the holy ghost bear record in heaven but these three are ONE and it goes on to read in the next verse that there are 3 that bear record in the earth, the water, the blood and the spirit and these 3 agree in ONE and tbat is the human body of which have water blood and a spirit in it but it is still ONE human body, there is not 3 Gods sitting on a throne in heaven but one God only, and Jesus sitting on the right hand of the father is a metaphor meaning that all power is in his name and not a physical position, Ephesians 4:4 says there is ONE Lord,one faith and one baptism, colosians 2:9 says that the fullness of the Godhead is all in HIM ( not THEM or HER ) tell is more to confirm this but I'll stop for right now.

Peace.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467974 Nov 20, 2012
Excuse some of the misspelled words like tbat instead of THAT because I am typing from the virtual keyboard of my cell phone and do not always catch the misspellings before aI post them, it is very frustrating.

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#467975 Nov 20, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you BTJ, hope you are well today, in the greek translation of the new testament Jesus and others refered to the Holy Ghost several times in the male context and that is what I have to believe on, scripture, you have a Blessed evening my friend.(C:
trasnslators described Holy Ghost as male
are wrong,because this term only exists on this earth as 2 separate beings male and female from ONE HEAVENLY GENDER

I humbly explain biblicaly sense ot this word Holy Ghost pr Holy Spirit

Holy Ghost is most common ma,e for Holy Spirit in English prior to the 20 century
it is the name of KJ V of the Bible and still used by concervative Pentecostal groups and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints
1901 American Standard Version of the Bible translated the name as Holy Spirit Revised Version 1881-1885 did the same and ASV was based on them

THE GENDER OF HOLY SPIRIT

The biblical Hebrew word of spirit is RUWHAH(translated as ruach)
in hebrew means;wind .breath, inspiration etc....
The noun is grammaticaly feminine not male

In the "Odes of Salomon" the oldest surviving christian hymnal,the HolY sPIRIT IS GRAMMATICALY female.
The Greek word for Spirit is"pneuma" or Parakletos ,is of the neutral geneder
THE HOLY SPIRIT IN ALL TRANSLATIONS IS TRANSLATED IN MASCULINE TERMS ONLY IN LATI AND ENGLISH

The term"HOLY GHOST" is mostly used by American Christians,not foreign countries christians, in foreign transaltions foreign christians doesn't have term "Holy Gost"

but "HOLY SPIRIT"is the common European term

according to our age,
we are living in the AGE OF SPIRIT(not God Spirit)GODS GREATH SOUROUNDED WHOLE EARTH

ot period,under this view may be called AGE OF THE FATHE;
The period covered by the Gospels,the Age of the Son,or second advent of Christ,
THE AGE OF SPIRIT

May God bless you Lawest100

and thanks you for understanding biblical values of our precious G-D YHVH Ancient of the Days and His only first begotten SON Jesus Christ
who is GODHEAD OF HIS ONLY TRUE SPIRITUAL CHURCH BODY

ABOVE ALL OF THEM,EXIST G-D HaSHEME YHVH EL SHADDAI(ALMIGHTY AND ONLY ONE ABSOLUTE SUPREME FATHER OF ALL LIFES

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#467977 Nov 20, 2012
@Lawest..have to respond here for space. my phone is a hassle as well, it gives me less characters to work with for some reason. First..thanks for the response. And I have to go back when I have time to read the whole chapter to get a better feel for that verse but it is an interesting take that ANOTHER might be in reference to Christ after he left and not to the Lord. After all this is in John who also says the Holy Spirit was not given until Christ was fully glorified so it may well be in reference to after Jesus was ressurected. I will say I agree both that all 3 are male and that there is only one God. I guess it just comes down to whether one God can also be all 3. I will say there is very few verses in the OT that say Holy Spirit. There may have only been one when I looked into this a long time ago. It was always the spirit of God. I think the idea of the trinity def came about in the NT but that could be because Jesus was unknown to us prior. But some good seeds for conversation an thought.thx(T) PEACE

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#467978 Nov 20, 2012
John 14:16
John 16:7
John 16:26
John 18:8

John 15:26
John 16:13

The Spirit
speaks 1 Timothy 4:1
teaches 1 Corinthians 2:3
bears witness Romans 8:16
Makes intercessian Romans 8:26
Distributes the gifts 1 Corinthians 12:11
Invites the sinner Revelation 22:17

John 14:17
Corinthians 2:10
2 Peter 1:21
1 Peter 1:12

Location hidden

#467979 Nov 20, 2012
John 14:17
John 14:18
Matthew 28:20
John 14:21-23
Ephesians 1:13

Ephesians 4:30
Gensis 6:3
Psalms 51:11

Luke 11:13
Revelation 3:20

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#467980 Nov 20, 2012

Location hidden

#467981 Nov 21, 2012
hick-up wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/senate-b ill-rewrite-lets-feds-read-you r-e-mail-without-warrants-1919 30756.html
Geez what next.Does this mean they be getting into my jokes I write.How come they want to ruin a good time.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467982 Nov 21, 2012
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
trasnslators described Holy Ghost as male
are wrong,because this term only exists on this earth as 2 separate beings male and female from ONE HEAVENLY GENDER
I humbly explain biblicaly sense ot this word Holy Ghost pr Holy Spirit
Holy Ghost is most common ma,e for Holy Spirit in English prior to the 20 century
it is the name of KJ V of the Bible and still used by concervative Pentecostal groups and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints
1901 American Standard Version of the Bible translated the name as Holy Spirit Revised Version 1881-1885 did the same and ASV was based on them
THE GENDER OF HOLY SPIRIT
The biblical Hebrew word of spirit is RUWHAH(translated as ruach)
in hebrew means;wind .breath, inspiration etc....
The noun is grammaticaly feminine not male
In the "Odes of Salomon" the oldest surviving christian hymnal,the HolY sPIRIT IS GRAMMATICALY female.
The Greek word for Spirit is"pneuma" or Parakletos ,is of the neutral geneder
THE HOLY SPIRIT IN ALL TRANSLATIONS IS TRANSLATED IN MASCULINE TERMS ONLY IN LATI AND ENGLISH
The term"HOLY GHOST" is mostly used by American Christians,not foreign countries christians, in foreign transaltions foreign christians doesn't have term "Holy Gost"
but "HOLY SPIRIT"is the common European term
according to our age,
we are living in the AGE OF SPIRIT(not God Spirit)GODS GREATH SOUROUNDED WHOLE EARTH
ot period,under this view may be called AGE OF THE FATHE;
The period covered by the Gospels,the Age of the Son,or second advent of Christ,
THE AGE OF SPIRIT
May God bless you Lawest100
and thanks you for understanding biblical values of our precious G-D YHVH Ancient of the Days and His only first begotten SON Jesus Christ
who is GODHEAD OF HIS ONLY TRUE SPIRITUAL CHURCH BODY
ABOVE ALL OF THEM,EXIST G-D HaSHEME YHVH EL SHADDAI(ALMIGHTY AND ONLY ONE ABSOLUTE SUPREME FATHER OF ALL LIFES
Thank you BTJ, may God Blessyou and yours as well.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467983 Nov 21, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
@Lawest..have to respond here for space. my phone is a hassle as well, it gives me less characters to work with for some reason. First..thanks for the response. And I have to go back when I have time to read the whole chapter to get a better feel for that verse but it is an interesting take that ANOTHER might be in reference to Christ after he left and not to the Lord. After all this is in John who also says the Holy Spirit was not given until Christ was fully glorified so it may well be in reference to after Jesus was ressurected. I will say I agree both that all 3 are male and that there is only one God. I guess it just comes down to whether one God can also be all 3. I will say there is very few verses in the OT that say Holy Spirit. There may have only been one when I looked into this a long time ago. It was always the spirit of God. I think the idea of the trinity def came about in the NT but that could be because Jesus was unknown to us prior. But some good seeds for conversation an thought.thx(T) PEACE
I look forward to a nice healthy debate on it my friend, have a Blessed night.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#467985 Nov 21, 2012
Morning....running Late today

All cruelty springs from weakness.”

~ Seneca

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#467986 Nov 21, 2012
Today's Prayer

God, I know that You have begun a work in me. I'm trusting You to "carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Please keep my eyes open, that I will see what is Your work and Your will; that I will follow You and You only; that I will obey Your prompting and resist the detours and roadblocks that Satan will attempt to put in the way. Please give me wisdom and strength for the journey. With thanksgiving and praise for You, amen.

Prime Time With God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#467987 Nov 21, 2012
Verse for today

"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

Philippians 3: 13, 14

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#467988 Nov 21, 2012
Have a great day.....Getting ready for Thanksgiving.....

Later

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#467989 Nov 21, 2012
GOoD morning from balmy foggy Michigan - we may have a near record setting warm Thanksgiving Day then brace for winter come Friday LOL --

I too have a lot of preparation today but lucky that two sisters are sharing in putting all this together --

So much to be thankful for and I will check in from time to time today -- I've so enjoyed reading the posts.

Happy Thanksgiving TLC Judy

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#467990 Nov 21, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you didn't mention that,in many Greek translations,the femine form of God's Spirit is translated as "Sophia". <smile>
Some Gnostic sects had a field day with that word.
Ok folks, you can chuck them rocks at me instead of Quin. LOL
Good morning G... How are you? Yes... and then they divided it between lower and upper sophia. <<<facepalm>> >

I had a tanakh hebrew-english trans. that I gave away some time ago but in the introduction they were explaining how the hebrew was eventually translated into Greek mostly for the Alexandria, Egyptian Jews... But anyways, I'm sure you know what happens eventually with the usage of the term "sophia" but my understanding is that the term got mixed into platoism, mysticism and gnosticm... and that is where that gnostice upper/lower sophia doctrine had come from.

#467991 Nov 21, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
GOoD morning from balmy foggy Michigan - we may have a near record setting warm Thanksgiving Day then brace for winter come Friday LOL --
I too have a lot of preparation today but lucky that two sisters are sharing in putting all this together --
So much to be thankful for and I will check in from time to time today -- I've so enjoyed reading the posts.
Happy Thanksgiving TLC Judy
Good Morning Jute, it was unusually warmer day here as well, yesterday. Thank you for being you sister. You are a blessing to us. Happy Thanksgiving! smile.

#467992 Nov 21, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the way Aremaic and Greek is written they use masculine and feminine forms of words but that does not denote gender.
But same verse as in my other post
John 14:16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
The Holy Spirit is refereed to as HE and in this case it would be gender, not simply the masculine form of a word.
(T) Peace
Good Morning Skom, topix just ate my reply to this post... hold on a sec let me type it in word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min bagittagit 980,038
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Bongo 99,697
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min guest 670,157
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 18 min bad bob 20
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 48 min WildWeirdWillie 184,257
jones-tardy family reunion 2017 1 hr JonesTardy2017 1
____*antichrist & israel march 2017____ 1 hr YTube2017News 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr chazmo 286,432
More from around the web