“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#467892 Nov 19, 2012
Rev 1:4 (Part 2...typed earlier)

"...and from the seven spirits before His throne,"

And the beginning Rev 1:5 says, "and from Jesus Christ..."

So the salutation is passed on from God The Father, The Seven Spirits, and from Jesus Christ. Notice that the Seven Spirits "is" in agreement with The Father and Jesus Christ by sending greetings of Grace & Peace also... Who is that 7 Spirits in disguise? Let's say The Father, Son & Holy Spirit "agree", bear witness and are "united". But who do you think "is" The Seven Spirits? Some say they are Seven Angels that are before the throne of God and there are a myriad of other interpretations. Remember that there are many allegories penned in this letter. The Seven Spirits here is simply referring, in metaphor, to The Holy Spirit. Seven is a Divine & Sacred number in the bible which represents perfection in the sense of totality and completion.

Some use Isaiah 1:2 to show the seven quality, attributes and a complete picture of The Holy Spirit based on Isaiah's prophecy - "The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him, the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.

I believe that is what is meant here. And John wrote down "The Seven Spirits before the Throne"... throne normally speaks of Royal Presence - also in this case, The Presence of The Lord.... but we're not just talking about a limited presence but also an omnipresence of The Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is also here with us. Being that is the case, we can also come boldly before the Throne of Grace as the scriptures said.

Remember that Jesus also had said The Counselor (Holy Spirit) proceeds "from" The Father... if that is the case then the symbology is obvious as that would put The Seven Spirits (The Holy Spirit) before the Throne.

“Saved. ”

#467893 Nov 19, 2012
Edit: Isaiah 11:2

“Saved. ”

#467894 Nov 19, 2012
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

Mohandas Gandhi (Mahatma Gandhi)

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#467895 Nov 19, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
Amen Bro... while I don't believe in the trinity as I was taught, per se... I do believe that The Holy Spirit is a 3rd person in the Godhead. Now I know that it is a mystery but let me ask you a question, if the Son, the Word, whatever one may call Him existed before the earth was... how did God The Father obtain His Son before earth was created if both are male principles?
As I stated, I believe the Holy Spirit is as natural a part of the most High as sight is a perfectly functioning eye.

I believe Father simply willed His only-begotten Son into existence. As Geppetto set his hands in motion to create Pinocchio, Father's desire to have a Son of His own set the Holy Spirit in motion.

In simplest terms, as Father is Himself, the Holy Spirit would (should?) be described as Father's "action." This supernatural "action" was, then, imparted unto His Son.

I believe that many people believe the Holy Spirit is an actual person because the Holy Spirit, many times, is personified in scripture. To note, so aren't many other things, such as hell, wisdom, death, blood, water, and sin. In the mind of the ancient Israelite, though, the personification of the Holy Spirit served to accomplish nothing more than to give glory to the source of all things.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#467896 Nov 19, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Steve.....
GO BUCKS
:-)
Heh...its getting to be that time again!I think Michigan has a shot this year! I havent had bragging rights since I came on Topix. This is the year..i can feel it! LOL

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#467897 Nov 19, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
I definitely agree that Mel was flesh & blood... The only way one can get actual flesh & blood is through human lineage... even God's Son had to be born of a woman in order to link in and identify completely with our humanity, as a flesh & blood individual.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text> But, I find it extremely difficult to reconcile what's written of him.
Again, "Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life."
The author of the letter of Hebrews was simply trying to show his Jewish brothers how superior the Melchizedek priesthood was to the Levitical priesthood. To escape persecution, some Jews who had converted to believing in Jesus considered going back to the Law and adhere to it's precepts.. which includes all of the sacrifices, annual atonements and such. The persecution against Christians were pretty grievous. So anyways, the Melchizdekian priesthood wasn't limited to geneology of who can or cannot be a priest... and all the demanding qualifications like the levites were. The author is trying to show the Jews that, that foreshadowinig prophecy had come to pass through Jesus and that the Law would just put them in bondage again. Notice that Abraham gave tithes freely... under the law you had to give tithes or you were cursed with a curse. Outside the law, we freely give... we're not compelled to. I know that tithes is a small example, but if one was guilty of one point in the law they were guilty of the whole thing. So the whole point to them is, Jesus is our High Priest and knows exactly what we are going through and He is our one-time, one-size-fit-all atonement.

Now I'm typing really fast so please forgive my grammar and such.

So anyways, I believe Melchizedek, the one who met Abram was just a man who by providence was a King and Priest... and God used that example to foreshadow the real thing, which is Christ Jesus, the true High Priest for all.
Kudos, Qu-innocence! You've definitely given me reason to question my belief regarding Melchizedek.

Upon further investigation, based primarily on your post (above), I noticed that verse 6 says, "But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises." Just the fact that in this verse, it uses the term "descent," we've no reason to believe that the use of the phrase "without descent" in verse 3 means that Melchizedek didn't descend from Adam. It's more than possible the author was speaking expressly about Melchizedek's office, which Melchizedek didn't inherit (so to speak). The author was, obviously, expressing the greater authority of Melchizedek compared to that of the Levites, which descended from the same cherished forefather that paid tithes to Melchizedek. And then, through Abraham, "payed tithes in Abraham. For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchizedek met him."

This is definitely food for thought. I'll get back to you on this soon. I've got a lot of studying to do.

Thank you so much for your time, consideration, and patience.

Until next time...may the shalowm of our 'Elohiym remain with you and yours.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#467898 Nov 19, 2012
Qu-innocence wrote:
`
Hebrews 7:3
...but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

This reference, then, is the author's explanation as to how our anointed Savior's priesthood is similar to Melchizedek's, as being "Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life...abideth a priest continually."

Our anointed Savior's only relation to Levi was through Mary's mother. Regardless, Joseph, Mary, and Mary's father, were all descended from Judah. Which brings us to verse 14.

"For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood."

Location hidden

#467899 Nov 19, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
Steve -- I read each of your posts to me and once again I respect your views your opinions and your feelings.
I realize my last break from here was a lengthy one -- I missed a lot.
My friendship with Whispers is on a different level and I know you will respect my feelings as well.
So with this said - I appreciate all you took time to write and explain and can understand why you and John feel the way you do according to all you wrote.
I will keep all this lifted in as humans can't always see --
Just know I love you guys sincerely - nothing can change that -- TLC - Judy
I care about you and Epi a great deal.I am glad our friendship does not require the same perspectives or even the same friends. I respect you guys follow your hearts. If I could do the same and see this the same way I would in a heartbeat because of what you two mean to me.In any event know the same is true for me and the value I put on our friendship will never change.Love always, Steve

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#467900 Nov 19, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
`
I think you've convinced me, Qu_innocence.

Sometimes, it seems to be a curse, but my mind is capable of a myriad of thoughts at one time, and to process all these thoughts in almost lightning speed. While I've been typing to you, I was also scrolling through my mental files of the bible. At one point during this time, I asked myself, "If our anointed Savior was Melchizedek, then why is there no mention of Melchizedek before his meeting with Abraham?" Then, my mind began to focus on all the recorded events prior. "If our anointed Savior appeared as flesh and blood to meet Abraham, then why didn't he do the same when the Israelites were trekking through the wilderness? or entering Canaan? or...?" The questions wouldn't stop until I began this post.

Again, kudos. Praise our 'Elohiym after you read this, as you most likely will anyway.

Until next time...may the shalowm of our 'Elohiym remain with you and yours.

Location hidden

#467901 Nov 19, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know Steve what I remember about Ham is his humbleness - he thought of himself as a turtle or weed -- and as I think of turtle I think of how he won the race -I also know I will meet him in glory one day along with his beautiful Lynn.
I think what always moved me the most was the Lynn dynamic. At the end of the day it was about as simple and pure as a situation can be. Ham was a kind man who missed his wife. If repeatedly given the choice between meaning one amazing thing to the world or meaning the world to one amazing person I think Ham would have chosen love every time. I guess therein lies the irony because it turned out he never had to choose. The love he had for that woman was something I dont think a single person could have witnessed and not taken something beautiful away from the experience. When I think of Ham, it is always synonymous with Lynn. That by itself is quite a legacy. And that was just one of many things he shared.(T) PEACE

“Destruction”

Destruction

#467902 Nov 19, 2012
+
Author : Mehar Baba the Avatar (God-Man)
+

How to Love GOD
Love your fellow beings. If we feel for others in the same way as we feel for our own dear ones, we love God.
----
Look within yourself instead of blaming others.
----
Rob yourself to help others, instead of robbing others to help yourself.
----
Suffer in the sufferings of others and feel happy in the happiness of others.
----
Instead of worrying over your own misfortunes, think how much more fortunate you are than many many others.
----
Endure your lot with patience and contentment, accepting it as His Will.
----
Understand and feel that the greatest act of devotion and worship to God is not to hurt or harm any of His beings.
----
Live for God and die for God, knowing that the goal of life is to Love God, and find Him as your own self.
----
To love God you must love yourself for he created you.
----
Also, to love God, you must accept him and what he does.
----
Dont be greedy to God, dont ask him to help you over and over again.
----
Most importantly.. Dont use Gods name in vain.

“Destruction”

Destruction

#467903 Nov 19, 2012
+
+

How to Love GOD
Love your fellow beings. If we feel for others in the same way as we feel for our own dear ones, we love God.
----
----
----
----
Instead of worrying over your own misfortunes, think how much more fortunate you are than many many others.
----
----
Understand and feel that the greatest act of devotion and worship to God is not to hurt or harm any of His beings.
----
Live for God and die for God, knowing that the goal of life is to Love God, and find Him as your own self.
----
----
----
----
Most importantly.. Dont use GOD s name in vain.

+
May GOD Bless Every Living-Non Living Being.
+

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#467904 Nov 19, 2012
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
his fables and false opinions will lead you to the deep ditch according to Mat 15;14
LET THEM ALONE;THEY BE BLIND LEADERS OF THE BLIND;
AND IF THE BLIND LEAD THE BLIND,BOTH SHALL FALL INTO THE DITCH

He doesn't post his own researches

he posts past 2 years web pages supporting his unbelief,and those internet web pages posted by him,
if you read them carefuly,

THEY ARE BIG MESS,AND CONTRADICT OWN WRITTINGS-This man have nothing to offer
I appreciate your concern.

I believe G_O_D is well read and it is quite obvious that he has read the Bible from the Alpha to the Omega. I can say that because I have also read all versions of the Bible well.

I cannot believe what others, who are dumb, deaf and blind, write about the man, whom God sent.

In Matthew 15:14, Jesus warned about the blind leading the blind and it did come true. We can see how the blind led the blind to quarrel for 300 plus years, only to be led later by a Roman blind, Greek blind included.

If folks had understood Jesus' teaching and preaching well from DAY ONE, the Bishops would not have quarreled for centuries.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#467906 Nov 20, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>As I stated, I believe the Holy Spirit is as natural a part of the most High as sight is a perfectly functioning eye.
I believe Father simply willed His only-begotten Son into existence. As Geppetto set his hands in motion to create Pinocchio, Father's desire to have a Son of His own set the Holy Spirit in motion.
In simplest terms, as Father is Himself, the Holy Spirit would (should?) be described as Father's "action." This supernatural "action" was, then, imparted unto His Son.
I believe that many people believe the Holy Spirit is an actual person because the Holy Spirit, many times, is personified in scripture. To note, so aren't many other things, such as hell, wisdom, death, blood, water, and sin. In the mind of the ancient Israelite, though, the personification of the Holy Spirit served to accomplish nothing more than to give glory to the source of all things.
I agree, the notion that "the Holy Ghost is the 3rd person in the Godhead" is really laughable and ridiculous, I can analogize it in this fashion as if you are a person of great medical skill and you breathe life back into someone by giving them CPR as you are the father and your life saving breath was the spirit that moved to save that individual's life in action, not the best analogy I'm sure but I believe that some will the point.

Peace.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#467907 Nov 20, 2012
Edit: Some will GET the point.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#467908 Nov 20, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! Good one.
:)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#467909 Nov 20, 2012
PrabhSingh wrote:
+
+
How to Love GOD
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
Most importantly.. Dont use GOD s name in vain.
+
May GOD Bless Every Living-Non Living Being.
+
Nice postings, PrabhSingh, and nice to see you in here :)
IMO

United States

#467911 Nov 20, 2012
AnnieJ

Stay safe praying you are not out of power. Looks
like a big storm.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#467912 Nov 20, 2012
Morning Friends

“Real difficulties can be overcome. It is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.“

~ Theodore N. Vail

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#467913 Nov 20, 2012
Today's Prayer

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour" (1 Pet. 5:8). Dear Lord, I am so aware of how Satan picks at me and tries to trip me all the time. I know there are spiritual dangers around me. Please help me to remain alert and to be under the Holy Spirit's control at all times. I want to draw near to You, so the devil will flee. Please protect my family and me from harm and evil. Thank You for Your love, concern, and protection. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime Time with God

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min USA Born 579,596
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Porkpie Hat 270,222
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min waaasssuuup 818,706
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr lovewithin 39,994
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 1 hr Jolly 24,067
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr waaasssuuup 441,989
sex (May '13) 2 hr Hiner94 118
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Good-Evil 2,073
More from around the web