“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#467864 Nov 19, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Q;
Speaking of opinions if you ever get a chance to get your hands on this book take a peek at it.The name of it is God (brief history) by John Bowker (The human search for eternal truth).Have a good day.
Hey LW, thank you. I'll take a look at some of the reviews on it sometime.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#467865 Nov 19, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
Edit add: They wouldn't give that kind of money up... not without a fight... even if they did started the wager and were found to be wrong. JMO
Bishop was a true man of his word bro, if someone was able to condemn one thing that he preached with theWord he would've given him the money but not too many tried, many sent in letters to him trying to corral him over certain scriptures which he would have read over the airways and he always effectively exposed tbeir foolishness over the airways with the Word of God, you see we labor in judgement work my friend and with the souls of many hanging in the balance people need to know the truth about everything in the gospel that affects us directly in our daily lives.

“Saved. ”

#467866 Nov 19, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening bro, on the contrary bishop didn't "didn't put that kind of money up over a wager" to play games and place bet's he was dealing with a lot bring attack from all manner of hypocrites and false prophets and pretenders, many of whom were deceiving people on a wide spread level and had nothing in mind but building upon their OWN established church organizations and reedily garnishing as much money as they can get their hands on to do it and all the while blasting against the truth preached in it's fullness and attacking him for preaching it, the man of God knew what he was doing and why and he was a devout man who followed the lead of the spirit only, God taught the saints through him for 47 long years as he toiled and labored in the gospel through alot of tribulation over that giving him a Godly wisdom that you and I and many others would highly blessed if we could amass at least half of.
Peace my friend. ;)
I hear you Bro.. I don't have any doubts of what you say... but he was still just a man and probaly had some faults like you and me, right?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467867 Nov 19, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for asking about Wayne -- he is on insulin 3 times a day now so his sugar is more under control, but hey we're aging and it does take it's toll LOL --
I catch him napping more than usual but he is such an early riser - I remember how his dad would pound with his cane on bedroom doors to wake all the kids and holler Daylight in the swamp, ma's got breakfast gong up and attem -- then after breakfast his dad would sleep the morning away in his recliner teehee --
Sometimes the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree father and son --
I'm just so thankful for 43 years and still counting with him -- I guess I will keep him TLC - Judy
I'm glad to hear that he is doing well, right now I am on insulin myself but hope to be off of it someday soon, so God is a healer and have healed and cured me and others around me of many things in the past, you two continue to take care of yourselves. Blessings.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467868 Nov 19, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I hear you Bro.. I don't have any doubts of what you say... but he was still just a man and probaly had some faults like you and me, right?
I'm sure that he did my friend and I do not believe that I've said or implied anything to the contrary, I was simply pointing out his exemplary diligence to God during his service for so many years right up to the time he died, but all the GLORY belonged to GOD and not man.

Blessings.

“Saved. ”

#467869 Nov 19, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Bishop was a true man of his word bro, if someone was able to condemn one thing that he preached with theWord he would've given him the money but not too many tried, many sent in letters to him trying to corral him over certain scriptures which he would have read over the airways and he always effectively exposed tbeir foolishness over the airways with the Word of God, you see we labor in judgement work my friend and with the souls of many hanging in the balance people need to know the truth about everything in the gospel that affects us directly in our daily lives.
I understand that he was a God fearing man from what I've read. By corraling you probaly meant marriage/divorce issues, women preachers, women wearing shorts and the like. How long did you get to know him personally?

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#467870 Nov 19, 2012
While we, as mortal humans, would like to think that we can figure all things out, we must face the reality that there are certain things about God that are impossible to understand. He is from everlasting to everlasting, but all that we have ever experienced in life has or will at some point no longer be.

The triune nature of God is one of those things that we will never be able to grasp. It defies logic, but we must remember that God is supernatural and we are natural.

We invent doctrines and dogmas that we strip mine the Bible to try to validate, but more often than not we fail to consider the passages in there true context. We forget that God, throughout the ages, even though he is immutable, has instituted various methods of dealing with mortals, and we try to apply those from the past, which are no longer applicable, to the current age, or world, today.

So many miss the point that salvation, made available by God, has always been by faith. In this present age, we receive faith by grace from the Father, and He afforded it to us through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, who lived a perfect life and offered Himself as the only suitable substitute to pay a debt than in no way could we ever repay.

Believe me when I say that man plays no part in the salvation equation. God not only initiates it, He sustains it and He follows it through to completion. This is not just evidenced in the New testament scriptures, but is clearly seen in the Old Testament as well.

And while I am truly very grateful that He chose me, I still am at a loss as to why. I know that I am an undeserving wretch not worthy of an ounce of mercy, but we must remember that it is God who decides to whom He grants mercy. Just look at the world today. We think that many who receive His mercy surely don't deserve it. And we also see those who we think deserve mercy but seem as though they never receive any. Once again, this defies human logic, but there again, God, who is supernatural, is the standard, and all of His choosing and dispensing is righteous. I don't understand it, but once I came to grips with it, a new door to my understanding of His Word was opened.

Lord knows, I don't know or understand it all, but I do know that we all need a shot of humility every now and again, and it is my contention that God will give that shot of humility to all genuine believers to keep us on an even keel. It is my prayer that God will never allow me to place myself above any other human, believer or not, because I know from whence I came. So remember that not all will answer His call, and it is not up to us to condemn any other person. He is the righteous judge of all things, and He sets the standards, which none of us, on our own will ever achieve. Moreover, praise His holy name because He did provide us a vehicle and a path back to Him and that vehicle and path, as it is written in His Word and revealed by the Holy Spirit, is the Lord and Savior, His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, not any particular thing or things that we have personally done. This, in and of itself, should provide us, each and all, with that needed daily dose of humility.

So during this Thanksgiving season, we should all take some time to reflect on what is now and what could have been had we not received His call.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful evening and a better tomorrow.

Brag on God!

“Saved. ”

#467871 Nov 19, 2012
REVELATION

Rev 1:4 (Part 1)

John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from Him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne,

Remember that there are many allegories in this letter. While John is penning this letter to seven churches in the province of Asia... The Holy Spirit would eventually let it be made known to The Church world-wide. With this in mind, isn't it a coincidence that John used the number Seven? Seven, in biblical terms, is a divine number which represents perfection in the sense of totality and completion.

For those of you following this study, we'll get more into the names and the meaning of the names of those seven churches. But what I find interesting is that if you were to find the location of these churches on the map... then take a pencil and draw a line from city to city... you will see the number 7 sitting sideways, from east to west.

John passes on the salutation of Grace and Peace... Grace - we are saved by it through faith... Peace - peace & good will towards men through our Savior Jesus Christ.

"...from Him who is, and who was, and who is to come"... It's referring to God The Father

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467872 Nov 19, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I understand that he was a God fearing man from what I've read. By corraling you probaly meant marriage/divorce issues, women preachers, women wearing shorts and the like. How long did you get to know him personally?
Those things snd other issues bro, and dealing with false prophets in general many of whom crept in unaware as the Word warned would happen, but God gave him the victory over the opposition and we're blessed to have another man of God toiling in the gospel of truth, I came to know bishop pretty well he was a man of no non sense when it came to the service of our Lord, he didn't play and he was well respected and loved by the saints for it, the Lord used him to build much upon the foundation laid by the former Apostles and God's work continue to press forward.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#467873 Nov 19, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey LW, thank you. I'll take a look at some of the reviews on it sometime.
Hi Q;

The book tells of the human search for truth has led to the massive achievement of science and technology.It has lead also to God:The book tells the story of that search for God.

It explains how the search for Goddness and God began and developed,how the human brain and body open the way to God,how the meaning of God is expressed in art,sex,story,music,architectu re,
how science and God belong together in the human search for truth,
how that search led to amazing discovers.

It explores why evil acts are committed in the name of God,why the death of God occurs so often and yet God still persists,why prayer and praise are such an important part of human nature,why the search for God points to the revelation of God.

A brief History an unparalleled exploration of the human search for eternal truth in all ages and cultures.

Just sharing this with you.If you decide to check it out.
God Bless.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#467874 Nov 19, 2012
Drew H wrote:
While we, as mortal humans, would like to think that we can figure all things out, we must face the reality that there are certain things about God that are impossible to understand. He is from everlasting to everlasting, but all that we have ever experienced in life has or will at some point no longer be.
The triune nature of God is one of those things that we will never be able to grasp. It defies logic, but we must remember that God is supernatural and we are natural.
We invent doctrines and dogmas that we strip mine the Bible to try to validate, but more often than not we fail to consider the passages in there true context. We forget that God, throughout the ages, even though he is immutable, has instituted various methods of dealing with mortals, and we try to apply those from the past, which are no longer applicable, to the current age, or world, today.
So many miss the point that salvation, made available by God, has always been by faith. In this present age, we receive faith by grace from the Father, and He afforded it to us through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, who lived a perfect life and offered Himself as the only suitable substitute to pay a debt than in no way could we ever repay.
Believe me when I say that man plays no part in the salvation equation. God not only initiates it, He sustains it and He follows it through to completion. This is not just evidenced in the New testament scriptures, but is clearly seen in the Old Testament as well.
And while I am truly very grateful that He chose me, I still am at a loss as to why. I know that I am an undeserving wretch not worthy of an ounce of mercy, but we must remember that it is God who decides to whom He grants mercy. Just look at the world today. We think that many who receive His mercy surely don't deserve it. And we also see those who we think deserve mercy but seem as though they never receive any. Once again, this defies human logic, but there again, God, who is supernatural, is the standard, and all of His choosing and dispensing is righteous. I don't understand it, but once I came to grips with it, a new door to my understanding of His Word was opened.
Lord knows, I don't know or understand it all, but I do know that we all need a shot of humility every now and again, and it is my contention that God will give that shot of humility to all genuine believers to keep us on an even keel. It is my prayer that God will never allow me to place myself above any other human, believer or not, because I know from whence I came. So remember that not all will answer His call, and it is not up to us to condemn any other person. He is the righteous judge of all things, and He sets the standards, which none of us, on our own will ever achieve. Moreover, praise His holy name because He did provide us a vehicle and a path back to Him and that vehicle and path, as it is written in His Word and revealed by the Holy Spirit, is the Lord and Savior, His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, not any particular thing or things that we have personally done. This, in and of itself, should provide us, each and all, with that needed daily dose of humility.
So during this Thanksgiving season, we should all take some time to reflect on what is now and what could have been had we not received His call.
Brag on God!
Hi Drew. I have a post in response to what you posted here but it won't fit here so it's in my next post.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#467875 Nov 19, 2012
Good evening Drew.

Great post. You were clearly led by the Spirit when you wrote it. Well done, and thank you for sharing it with us.

God bless you.
_______

Romans 8:1-10.

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

“Saved. ”

#467876 Nov 19, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Those things snd other issues bro, and dealing with false prophets in general many of whom crept in unaware as the Word warned would happen, but God gave him the victory over the opposition and we're blessed to have another man of God toiling in the gospel of truth, I came to know bishop pretty well he was a man of no non sense when it came to the service of our Lord, he didn't play and he was well respected and loved by the saints for it, the Lord used him to build much upon the foundation laid by the former Apostles and God's work continue to press forward.
I was looking in on your church's website and nice website, btw. Bishop Hunter was considered a Chief Apostle from what I saw. Well, I do believe that Apostles are not limited to the the twelve and Paul also. So anyways, that part is interesting. I didn't know the Bishop as you did, not at all actually... so perhaps he would have given up the 6 million dollars then, smile.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#467877 Nov 19, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
I think it was more like role-play that the Melchizekian Priest took on when he assumed the post. Kind of like the Pope, when he assumes the position, is believed to be Christ's supreme representative on earth and has the keys to heaven, supposedly... or like Pharaoh who was thought to be Ra's manisfestion on earth. Role play imho... but concerning Mel also, I believe he was a real human being like the rest of us...
As I believe, he appeared, indeed, as flesh and blood, like us. But, I find it extremely difficult to reconcile what's written of him.

Again, "Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life." As I believe, Hebrews 7:3 clearly differentiates this "king of righteousness" from the rest of us.
Qu_innocence wrote:
his name could've been a title but the role was a shadow of things to come.
Or, a past, present, and future position always held by our anointed Savior.

The "order" is a position, or rank. Note that this "order" of priesthood is not after our anointed Savior, but Melchizedek. It's written, to our anointed Savior, that "Thou art a priest for ever after the order," or rank, "of Melchizedek."
Qu_innocence wrote:
The key words to me is "like unto" the Son of God.. not that he was the Son of God.
The key word, to me, is "made."

It's written, again and first, "Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life." Then, the author of "Hebrews" makes a most clear comparison. But, to whom? "..but made like unto the Son of God," he wrote. As I believe, the author wasn't making any distinction between Melchizedek and our anointed Savior. Rather, he was declaring the similarity between the two.
Qu_innocence wrote:
So are you saying that Mel was the pre-incarnate Christ or that He was a mysterious person that didn't come through the human lineage of Adam like everyone else did?
Again, it's written of this "king of righteousness"; "Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life." This would be a most extraordinary and highly unusual occurrence if Melchizedek was a common-born man and offspring of Adam. It's particularly because of this statement and his name-title that causes me to believe that Melchizedek must be our anointed Savior manifested as flesh and blood before he was born of a woman.
Qu_innocence wrote:
I will have to respectfully disagree with JWs here... referring to Hebrews chapter 1 that there is marked difference between The Son of God and an Angel. Though the Jews did see Michael in some ways as their protector. I view the Heavenly Angels as fellow-servants but not family.
In this, I'll agree, but only to an extent.

You'll notice that the term "archangel" only appears three times in scripture. "Archangel" means "a ruler of angels, a superior angel." "Archangel," too, only appears in singular tense and never plural, so only one archangel exists. In addition and as you pointed out, "angel" means "messenger," for the most part. Therefore, the term diminishes absolutely nothing from our anointed Savior. And lastly, I believe that he's the "Angel of [Father's] presence," as I believe Isaiah called him, recorded at Isaiah 63:9.

“Saved. ”

#467878 Nov 19, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Q;
The book tells of the human search for truth has led to the massive achievement of science and technology.It has lead also to God:The book tells the story of that search for God.
It explains how the search for Goddness and God began and developed,how the human brain and body open the way to God,how the meaning of God is expressed in art,sex,story,music,architectu re,
how science and God belong together in the human search for truth,
how that search led to amazing discovers.
It explores why evil acts are committed in the name of God,why the death of God occurs so often and yet God still persists,why prayer and praise are such an important part of human nature,why the search for God points to the revelation of God.
A brief History an unparalleled exploration of the human search for eternal truth in all ages and cultures.
Just sharing this with you.If you decide to check it out.
God Bless.
Thanks LW for the summary, sounds interesting and the authors name seems familiar too. I'll check out some of the reviews on it by the readers sometime in the near future. It was a nice day but pretty nippy out in my neck of the woods. Stayed inside most of the day... didn't feel like I was completely off today like I should... because work called and I pretty much ignored the phone. That always leaves an uneasy feeling. Anyways, I'm about to head out shortly... hope you have a good night and please keep sending those scriptures. Smile.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#467879 Nov 19, 2012
Drew H wrote:
Brag on God!
What a powerful msg Drew -- I am so thankful for the presence of some of the most devoted Christian posters right here in the Golden Thread that Topix has to offer.

There are times when such a post is brought that satan himself has to cringe at the illumination that surrounds the message.

What a blessing you have brought and to everyone that sets the higher example of His love --

You truly touch my life Drew and you always have, even being so tired as you are -- I so appreciate you taking the time to just share it in all it's glory -
TLC - Judy

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#467880 Nov 19, 2012
Ohoh when I posted it said I had to many characters so I kept deleting to get my post to fit -- couple versions are coming thru teehee -- oh well -- love to you Drew Happy Thanksgiving --

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467881 Nov 19, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I was looking in on your church's website and nice website, btw. Bishop Hunter was considered a Chief Apostle from what I saw. Well, I do believe that Apostles are not limited to the the twelve and Paul also. So anyways, that part is interesting. I didn't know the Bishop as you did, not at all actually... so perhaps he would have given up the 6 million dollars then, smile.
(c:

“Saved. ”

#467882 Nov 19, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>As I believe, he appeared, indeed, as flesh and blood, like us.
I definitely agree that Mel was flesh & blood... The only way one can get actual flesh & blood is through human lineage... even God's Son had to be born of a woman in order to link in and identify completely with our humanity, as a flesh & blood individual.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text> But, I find it extremely difficult to reconcile what's written of him.
Again, "Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life."
The author of the letter of Hebrews was simply trying to show his Jewish brothers how superior the Melchizedek priesthood was to the Levitical priesthood. To escape persecution, some Jews who had converted to believing in Jesus considered going back to the Law and adhere to it's precepts.. which includes all of the sacrifices, annual atonements and such. The persecution against Christians were pretty grievous. So anyways, the Melchizdekian priesthood wasn't limited to geneology of who can or cannot be a priest... and all the demanding qualifications like the levites were. The author is trying to show the Jews that, that foreshadowinig prophecy had come to pass through Jesus and that the Law would just put them in bondage again. Notice that Abraham gave tithes freely... under the law you had to give tithes or you were cursed with a curse. Outside the law, we freely give... we're not compelled to. I know that tithes is a small example, but if one was guilty of one point in the law they were guilty of the whole thing. So the whole point to them is, Jesus is our High Priest and knows exactly what we are going through and He is our one-time, one-size-fit-all atonement.

Now I'm typing really fast so please forgive my grammar and such.

So anyways, I believe Melchizedek, the one who met Abram was just a man who by providence was a King and Priest... and God used that example to foreshadow the real thing, which is Christ Jesus, the true High Priest for all.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467883 Nov 19, 2012
Drew H wrote:
Brag on God!
Excellent commentary and worthy of a re-post

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min lightbeamrider 778,108
I like underage girls (Apr '09) 7 min TexasCPChampion 16
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min Remnant of 144000 39,384
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 12 min Trannyfucker 136
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min confrinting with ... 560,432
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min KiMare 96,851
Moses never existed 32 min KiMare 824
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 33 min Lumajuice 441,821
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min onemale 265,435
More from around the web