“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#467759 Nov 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the question that probably explains the lack of posting unfortunately
Good to see you you Lee. You are one of the posters that consistently bring some integrity and depth to the table. I haven't been around steady, for a a little while anyway, it would be nice if you are back for a minute. I see Judy posting as well. Nice to see you both with the holidays approaching
(T) Peace
I see my name tucked in here, thank you Steve --

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#467761 Nov 18, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Keeping you in prayer my dear friend and borrowing this from Deb --(((((John))))) warm smiles and hugs from Michigan -- TLC - Jute
Thanks Jute. I continue to lift you and yours in prayer as well, knowing that God has His hedge of protection over you, and that He's holding you in his healing hands.

I'm off to bed. Have a good nights sleep. Hope to see you in here later. Much love. God bless.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#467762 Nov 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Hey there Judy, I'm glad to see you making a mild comeback of posting on the golden thread a little more, I must admit to being a little mildly surprised to see you weigh in on some of these issues when most of tbe threads regulars seem to be shying away from it, but I have a question for you my friend as to what exactly are your personal limits on the use of abortion?
Like for example I feel abortion should be used only when a woman has a pregnancy that is a direct danger to either the mother's health or her very life and even then I feel that every viable and possible solution should be explored before tbe decision to abort should be made, Mitt Romney on the other hand who decided to become a moderate much too late in an attempt to get elected for POTUS said that it should be used also for incidents of rape and incest as well.
I submit also that it was very disappointing to me and members of the church for Prez Obama to stand behind same sex marriage of which the Word is not shy about condemning out right, you mention that he also stands behind abortion as well but I would like to point out that republicans ruled the white house for 20 out of the last 32 years and they have done nothing to try and overturn Roe vs Wade themselves and probably because it is upheld by the united states supreme court who initiated the law in 1973, yes this nation is on a gradual steady moral decline but it actually began it's roll back in 1973 and has grown worst on down the years since, would just like to know your deeper thoughts here.
l
Ahhhh the hot seat LOL -- But I assure you Scott I'm on record within these pages of my views on the subject of abortion and homosexuality.

Just kinda got caught up on reiterating a little bit with Docs post --

There are many factors in regards to abortion, and absolutely there are lines to be drawn when a womans life is in jeopardy -- as for rape and incest depending on the ages of a child involved I would leave that to the court but as an adult in no way do I believe in abortion.

And as the old old story goes, don't turn around or you will turn into a pillar of salt -- I believe.

As I just mentioned in an earlier post - President Obama holds great influence such as Oprah -- but they are only puppets on a world stage that is set to usher in the Great Tribulation. The Lord has designated the destruction to the anti christ alone and no one will know who that is until it's too late.

As for me - I believe in Calvary and the victory won there, There is but one King of Kings and He is coming suddenly at the sound of the trumpet to call His Bride home -- I'm just a miniscule part of that Bride and I'm so READY for the call --

And to answer your other questions about all the presidents before and their stands -- Since time began it has been evolving to usher in the Lords plan each has played their part -- God will not be late, nor will He alter it in anyway -- He gave us His Word by men He inpired to write it -- He said it, I believe it and that settles it for me --

So GOod to have you back Scott -- TLC - Judy

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#467763 Nov 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no.. you're fine... each one of us has our own opinions is correct. While being prayerful and studying God's Word, we all have to formulate our own conclusions but it helps to touch base with one another... that's what I mean by we're just sharing info. We may not agree with each other fully on scripture context but it is insightful nonetheless. Have a Good Morning... smile.
Hi Q;

Speaking of opinions if you ever get a chance to get your hands on this book take a peek at it.The name of it is God (brief history) by John Bowker (The human search for eternal truth).Have a good day.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#467764 Nov 18, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well stated Scott -- God opens the eyes of those who truly seek and not one can fool Him -- He sees straight to the heart -- TLC - Judy
Thanks Judy, like I tried to explain God works with the individuals heart and the state of that heart determines how receptive they are to God's Word on how well they can believe unto salvation.

Blessings sis.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#467765 Nov 18, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Jute. I continue to lift you and yours in prayer as well, knowing that God has His hedge of protection over you, and that He's holding you in his healing hands.
I'm off to bed. Have a good nights sleep. Hope to see you in here later. Much love. God bless.
Remember gentle days John -- and I tell you the loving prayer support I received was nothing short of miraculous -- and you have it too my friend.

Rest well and I will be here -- TLC - Jute

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#467766 Nov 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> "Didn't want to risk losing all of those middle east votes"?????.....DOC...... ....people who live in the middle east or anywhere else in the world outside of this country do not get to vote in a united states presidential election process, thats crazy because are not US citizens, you see how crazy and unbalanced you have driven yourself with all of this paranoia delusional self indulgence.
JESUS..........
Hi Scott, I hope you don't mind my view on this --

How long has the middle east been in America setting up Mosques across this nation -- I've even read somewhere in the US there is even Sharia Law inforced --

Anyway -- what I'm trying to say is there not coming there already established here and while American women are aborting their babies at whim these women are not in fact they are multiplying at at a very rapid rate -- there are registered voters legally.

I don't have all the facts and numbers but to be born here makes one a US Citizen am I right? I know this gets deep -- but it all will factor in to the Great Trib one day -- just my thoughts thank you -- TLC - Judy

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467767 Nov 18, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
The President holds a lot of influence Doc but I'm not in the mind set he's the one to bring world destruction -- The Lord has that designated to the anti christ --
However with his wife changing his political views on gay marriages and abortion to obtain the votes - I believe satan jumped on that bandwagon full steam ahead towards Americas continued downward spiral of morality.
Along with powerful influences like Oprah Winfrey that has over 7 million viewers.
Very interesting to see how this all plays out with Jeruseleum right now -- a powder keg over there.
Thank you for your reply and I really do appreciate your input -- we don't always agree but I respect your views -- TLC - Granns
Thank you for this post Judy, although I know that you are not for Prez Obama like Doc and a number of people here, but at least your assessment of the situation is logical sensible and not full of unreasonable fear mongering and blind hatred, what people line Doc and others fail to understand is that I have no problem with people voting for the candidate that they feel best represent their moral and financial interest, again this was very well said and thought out and not faulting the president for the coming arrival of the Anti-Christ, lol.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#467768 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
Paul admits to being a fraud to spread his Gospel:

"To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from Godís law but am under Christís law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."
Okay. If you don't mind, I'm going to give you the "short and sweets."

Paul wasn't a fraud. He was flexible. I thought I gave you a pretty decent explanation in my last post regarding these verses, but I guess I didn't. In short, all people could relate to him even though he remained, at all times, within the confines of the commandments of our anointed Savior. He was at peace with all men, as it's instructed us.
G_O_D wrote:
Note in the parenthesis he admits he is not a Jew.
He said he wasn't under the law, and he was right.

This "law" is specific precepts, namely sacrifices and oblations, and Sabbath requirements. These were fulfilled in and by our anointed Savior.
G_O_D wrote:
Yet here he claims to be a Jew by claiming to be from a tribe that disapeared 500 years before. This demonstrates not only his deciet but his lack of knowledge of the Hebrew Bible and Judaism.
Actually, the majority that remained in the southern kingdom were of Judah, but there were remnants, also, from Benjamin, Levi, Simeon, and Reuben. It's from these tribes the primary "Dispersion" derive.
G_O_D wrote:
"For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham,[of] the tribe of Benjamin."

Not all of the seed of Abraham are Israelites and not all Israelites are Jews. The tribe of Benjamin (and nine other tribes) disappeared with the captivity in Babylon (600BC thru 520BC)
For the most part, yes. And we should define the term "Jew" when using it, as there were 5 common definitions for the term "Jew" throughout their history. In order...

1) One from the tribe of Judah
2) One from the territory of Judah
3) One from the nation of Israel (see "Esther")
4) One from Judea
5) The religious leaders, namely the Pharisees and scribes
G_O_D wrote:
Paul claims that his preaching is above that of message sent from God himself:

"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!"
Paul preached the gospel that he had received from our anointed Savior. He included himself and his companions in his warning, though. "But even if we..."
G_O_D wrote:
Paul promotes being a 'liar for God':

"Let God be true, and every man a liar."
This was his answer when he stated, regarding those of Israel that didn't believe; "..shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?" His statement had nothing to do with condoning and encouraging lying to promote "God."
G_O_D wrote:
and ďIf my lies enhance Godís truthfulness and so increases his glory, why should I be condemned as a sinner?Ē
Verse 8 says, "And not rather,(as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just." Paul was addressing false accusations against them. Not condoning and encouraging sin for the sake of "God."
G_O_D wrote:
Those are couple reasons I do not find Paul to much more than a false prophet. He is an admitted liar, fraud and blasphemer.
I hope my brief comments were enough for you, to reconsider and re-examine your beliefs regarding Paul.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467769 Nov 18, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh the hot seat LOL -- But I assure you Scott I'm on record within these pages of my views on the subject of abortion and homosexuality.
Just kinda got caught up on reiterating a little bit with Docs post --
There are many factors in regards to abortion, and absolutely there are lines to be drawn when a womans life is in jeopardy -- as for rape and incest depending on the ages of a child involved I would leave that to the court but as an adult in no way do I believe in abortion.
And as the old old story goes, don't turn around or you will turn into a pillar of salt -- I believe.
As I just mentioned in an earlier post - President Obama holds great influence such as Oprah -- but they are only puppets on a world stage that is set to usher in the Great Tribulation. The Lord has designated the destruction to the anti christ alone and no one will know who that is until it's too late.
As for me - I believe in Calvary and the victory won there, There is but one King of Kings and He is coming suddenly at the sound of the trumpet to call His Bride home -- I'm just a miniscule part of that Bride and I'm so READY for the call --
And to answer your other questions about all the presidents before and their stands -- Since time began it has been evolving to usher in the Lords plan each has played their part -- God will not be late, nor will He alter it in anyway -- He gave us His Word by men He inpired to write it -- He said it, I believe it and that settles it for me --
So GOod to have you back Scott -- TLC - Judy
Not as good as it is to have you back Jute and thank you for the response, and you're dead right that it is all about the artival of tbe soon coming King, as far as the deceitful political world leader is concerned of whom will deceive many into believing that he is Christ..........it seems to me that as time goes forward the events to be played out very slowly comes into focus like looking at a very blurry picture, we know that Isreal will play a major part in things to come and like you said it's interesting to watch events unfold over in the middle and far east with china.

But the important thing is that we keep our focus on Lord Jesus and to be ready at all times for his coming so that we may be counted worthy to go back with him.

Peace and Blessings my sis.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#467770 Nov 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
That's the question that probably explains the lack of posting unfortunately

Good to see you you Lee. You are one of the posters that consistently bring some integrity and depth to the table. I haven't been around steady, for a a little while anyway, it would be nice if you are back for a minute. I see Judy posting as well. Nice to see you both with the holidays approaching

(T) Peace
Greetings, salutations, and shalowm, by dear Brother!

Thank you, first, for you most kind words. I can't even begin to tell you how true..I mean, nice they are!(grin)

It's odd, because I rarely visit this thread. As I've said before, this thread moves way too quick for me! For a while today, I didn't even realize I was posting here! Then, when I did, I began to wonder where all the regs were!

It's good to "see" you again, Skombolis. And I hope to stick around, for a little while, at least.

And by the way...so far, you're the only one to figure out my "Saul Goode" comment! Someone (Allen Richards) asked me, just today, who "Saul Goode" was?

Until next time...may the shalowm of our 'Elohiym remain with you and yours...

AND THAT GOES FOR ALL OF YOU!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467771 Nov 18, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Scott, I hope you don't mind my view on this --
How long has the middle east been in America setting up Mosques across this nation -- I've even read somewhere in the US there is even Sharia Law inforced --
Anyway -- what I'm trying to say is there not coming there already established here and while American women are aborting their babies at whim these women are not in fact they are multiplying at at a very rapid rate -- there are registered voters legally.
I don't have all the facts and numbers but to be born here makes one a US Citizen am I right? I know this gets deep -- but it all will factor in to the Great Trib one day -- just my thoughts thank you -- TLC - Judy
Don't mind your input into this at all Judy, and as far as I understand it if their children are born here while the parents are living here then I do believe that does make them U.S. citizens, but like yourself I am not 100% certain of immigration laws on these matters, however what you have just explained here and what Doc said does not seem to be the same thing exactly and if what he truly meant is what you just explained..........then he should have been somewhat more specific behind his statements.

But this does seem to paint a pretty dismal picture of things to come and again as I've said in anothet post that it will be very interesting to see how things unfold.

Peace.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#467772 Nov 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for this post Judy, although I know that you are not for Prez Obama like Doc and a number of people here, but at least your assessment of the situation is logical sensible and not full of unreasonable fear mongering and blind hatred, what people line Doc and others fail to understand is that I have no problem with people voting for the candidate that they feel best represent their moral and financial interest, again this was very well said and thought out and not faulting the president for the coming arrival of the Anti-Christ, lol.
What a joy you are Scott -- I tend to look at the big picture that God in His wisdom only gave us a glimpse of -- I am so anxious for what lies ahead as I climb my stairway and head for that top step -- should the Lord decide to tarry in His calling of His Bride.

I carry no doubts about Heaven and I've had enough miraculous events in my life to assure me that it is for real.

As for President Obama I cried when I saw him and his wife dance to At Last with his first election victory -- how far our country had come to finally elect an African American -- I do not hold that against him nor his race just his stands on issues I disagree with.

I don't like the electoral vote, I think every Americans vote should be counted and a president should not be elected before the last states votes are counted in -- can't imagine why anyone would set that system up and it passed thru.

It's been a pleasure to share with you tonight -- and I thank you for your kind comments and politeness.

As Drew says -- Braq on God -- He is worthy.

TLC - Judy

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#467773 Nov 18, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>....Paul wasn't a fraud. He was flexible......
LOL

and Bernie Madoff wan't a theif, he was frugal.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#467774 Nov 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Don't mind your input into this at all Judy, and as far as I understand it if their children are born here while the parents are living here then I do believe that does make them U.S. citizens, but like yourself I am not 100% certain of immigration laws on these matters, however what you have just explained here and what Doc said does not seem to be the same thing exactly and if what he truly meant is what you just explained..........then he should have been somewhat more specific behind his statements.
But this does seem to paint a pretty dismal picture of things to come and again as I've said in anothet post that it will be very interesting to see how things unfold.
Peace.
Again thank you for your reply and I felt I should make the explanation as I think I was probably the first to bring it up -- I dunno LOL these posts can fly sometimes teehee -- it's been a great evening -- TLC - Judy

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#467775 Nov 18, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Okay. If you don't mind, I'm going to give you the "short and sweets."
Paul wasn't a fraud. He was flexible. I thought I gave you a pretty decent explanation in my last post regarding these verses, but I guess I didn't. In short, all people could relate to him even though he remained, at all times, within the confines of the commandments of our anointed Savior. He was at peace with all men, as it's instructed us.
<quoted text>He said he wasn't under the law, and he was right.
This "law" is specific precepts, namely sacrifices and oblations, and Sabbath requirements. These were fulfilled in and by our anointed Savior.
<quoted text>Actually, the majority that remained in the southern kingdom were of Judah, but there were remnants, also, from Benjamin, Levi, Simeon, and Reuben. It's from these tribes the primary "Dispersion" derive.
<quoted text>For the most part, yes. And we should define the term "Jew" when using it, as there were 5 common definitions for the term "Jew" throughout their history. In order...
1) One from the tribe of Judah
2) One from the territory of Judah
3) One from the nation of Israel (see "Esther")
4) One from Judea
5) The religious leaders, namely the Pharisees and scribes
<quoted text>Paul preached the gospel that he had received from our anointed Savior. He included himself and his companions in his warning, though. "But even if we..."
<quoted text>This was his answer when he stated, regarding those of Israel that didn't believe; "..shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?" His statement had nothing to do with condoning and encouraging lying to promote "God."
<quoted text>Verse 8 says, "And not rather,(as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just." Paul was addressing false accusations against them. Not condoning and encouraging sin for the sake of "God."
<quoted text>I hope my brief comments were enough for you, to reconsider and re-examine your beliefs regarding Paul.
A lot of the same old apologetics. All wrong, because Christians refuse to ask Jews anything about Judaism and the Hebrew Scriptures.

There are no Jews outside "the law". That is like saying there are Christian atheists.

The tribe of Benjamin was lost 500 years before Paul or Jesus were born. The term "Jew" in the first century meant a person who belonged to the Jewish faith OR a descendent of the Judeans who were returned from exile in Babylon. The Hebrews who were not taken into captaivity were the Israelites which in the first century were called Smaritans and/or Galilleans interchangeably.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#467776 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"gong back" or "ascending" are both terms that simply mean "dying".

All Spirit of God returns (goes back, ascends, etc.) to God upon death. The nephesh ceases to be and the clay returns to clay and the spirit returns to God. All based on Genesis in the Hebrew original.
Exactly.

But the gospel shows as if his disciples were really dumb and did not understand even his simple language. It is quite obvious from Thomas' statement:

ďLord, we donít know where you are going, so how can we know the way?Ē

And then Jesus did not really show them any way.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#467777 Nov 19, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
The President holds a lot of influence Doc but I'm not in the mind set he's the one to bring world destruction -- The Lord has that designated to the anti christ --
However with his wife changing his political views on gay marriages and abortion to obtain the votes - I believe satan jumped on that bandwagon full steam ahead towards Americas continued downward spiral of morality.
Along with powerful influences like Oprah Winfrey that has over 7 million viewers.
Very interesting to see how this all plays out with Jeruseleum right now -- a powder keg over there.
Thank you for your reply and I really do appreciate your input -- we don't always agree but I respect your views -- TLC - Granns
Yeah,'ol Opie Winfrey done said some REAL bad things about the Lord of the Bible over the years,such as 'I thought about it and I decided I didn't want to worship a 'jealous God.' BUT,just like with O.J. and Obama,just because she's rich and......well,many folks in America still almost worship her. Folks is gone look REAL bewildered,I guess,when they find themselves 'worshippin'' the Lawd when He breaks through tha' clouds one Day,cause theys is so use ta''worshippin'' peoples wit theys 'minds'. Have a nice day,Grann!
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#467778 Nov 19, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> "Didn't want to risk losing all of those middle east votes"?????.....DOC...... ....people who live in the middle east or anywhere else in the world outside of this country do not get to vote in a united states presidential election process, thats crazy because are not US citizens, you see how crazy and unbalanced you have driven yourself with all of this paranoia delusional self indulgence.
JESUS..........
Do you even REALIZE just how stupid it was for you to leave that reply?? Knowest thou not that MILLIONS of people of middle eastern descent live in America,and are REGISTERED TO VOTE??!!
&fe ature=related

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#467779 Nov 19, 2012
Morning.....Morning....Morning

ďA stupid manís report of what a clever man says
can never be accurate, because he unconsciously
translates what he hears into something he can understand.Ē

~ Bertrand Russell

Thought For The Day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 min ChromiuMan 5,461
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min ChristineM 750,564
White women leaving their white families in dro... (Aug '09) 7 min Johnny 137
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min KayMarie 548,611
why are most gay white and latino men bias agai... (Aug '13) 18 min dtong 14
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min ChristineM 229,976
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min who 261,661
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 3 hr MeHere 388
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 4 hr flatbushsam 126

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE