“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#467748 Nov 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> "Didn't want to risk losing all of those middle east votes"?????.....DOC...... ....people who live in the middle east or anywhere else in the world outside of this country do not get to vote in a united states presidential election process, thats crazy because are not US citizens, you see how crazy and unbalanced you have driven yourself with all of this paranoia delusional self indulgence.
JESUS..........
Seems there are a few things we can all agree on. <smile>

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#467749 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>

Paul promotes being a 'liar for God':
"Let God be true, and every man a liar."
and
“If my lies enhance God’s truthfulness and so increases his glory, why should I be condemned as a sinner?”
Those are couple reasons I do not find Paul to much more than a false prophet. He is an admitted liar, fraud and blasphemer.
Look in context though my friend. You quoted Romans 3:7 but look at the verses right before it:

Romans 3

5But," some might say, "our sinfulness serves a good purpose, for it helps people see how righteous God is. Isn't it unfair, then, for him to punish us?" (This is merely a human point of view.)

6Of course not! If God were not entirely fair, how would he be qualified to judge the world?

It is talking about people who claim it is ok to lie if their lies serve a good purpose. And if their lies serve a good purpose then wouldn't it be unfair for God to punish them? And Paul answers emphatically..OF COURSE NOT! How could God ever be considered wrong in His judgement if he is qualified to judge the world. And clearly then God has found it wrong for those to lie, even if they believe that lie does some good. Then it goes on to say...

7"But," someone might still argue, "how can God condemn me as a sinner if my dishonesty highlights his truthfulness and brings him more glory?"

It is the same rationalization as before which Paul has just said it is not unfair for God to punish those who lie in His name. The next verse says some people attribute this belief to them anyway:

8And some people even slander us by claiming that we say, "The more we sin, the better it is!" Those who say such things deserve to be condemned.

..but Paul says that is not what they believe. Not only it is not unfair for God to punish a man for lying for any reason, he goes on to explain Jews are not better than Gentiles because all men fall sway to sin. And that no man is righteous

9Well then, should we conclude that we Jews are better than others? No, not at all, for we have already shown that all people, whether Jews or Gentiles,[fn] are under the power of sin.

10As the Scriptures say, "No one is righteous— not even one.

11No one is truly wise; no one is seeking God.

The message I take from this is the following:

All men sin. And those under the power of sin are not seeking God. Their lies are not justified no matter why they tell them. And being a Jew doesn't make one naturally better than a Gentile. No man is righteous without Christ. He is under sin. This is why all men, whether it be Jew or Gentile, needs Christ

(T) Peace

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#467750 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul admits to being a fraud to spread his Gospel:
"To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."
Note in the parenthesis he admits he is not a Jew. Yet here he claims to be a Jew by claiming to be from a tribe that disapeared 500 years before. This demonstrates not only his deciet but his lack of knowledge of the Hebrew Bible and Judaism.
"For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham,[of] the tribe of Benjamin."
Not all of the seed of Abraham are Israelites and not all Israelites are Jews. The tribe of Benjamin (and nine other tribes) disappeared with the captivity in Babylon (600BC thru 520BC)
Paul claims that his preaching is above that of message sent from God himself:
"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!"
and
“If my lies enhance God’s truthfulness and so increases his glory, why should I be condemned as a sinner?”
Those are couple reasons I do not find Paul to much more than a false prophet. He is an admitted liar, fraud and blasphemer.
I am glad you posted this though as when I saw that part about lying in God's name I just had to look it up because that would have been pretty darn hard to explain. So that is just one of the reasons I always like biblical debates as they often force people to look up verses and study and learn more.

As for the first part I think Paul is simply saying he approached people in a way that would best make him someone they could relate to. Not that he deceived them but rather that he approached them on familiar ground. It is an effective way to witness IMO and reminded me of this:

Acts 2

"6When they heard the loud noise, everyone came running, and they were bewildered to hear their own languages being spoken by the believers.

7They were completely amazed. "How can this be?" they exclaimed. "These people are all from Galilee,

8and yet we hear them speaking in our own native languages!"

...everybody could understand despite them coming from places where they speak different languages. Everyone can relate to God's Word as it is universal. In this case it was literal. In Paul's case he simply witnessed in the most effective way to reach someone.

JMO

(T) Peace

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#467751 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems there are a few things we can all agree on. <smile>
Lol, I just thought tbat statement was so outrageously over the top that I just had to respond to it, however when he says things like that I seriously do wonder about the state of his rationality.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#467752 Nov 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you posted this though as when I saw that part about lying in God's name I just had to look it up because that would have been pretty darn hard to explain. So that is just one of the reasons I always like biblical debates as they often force people to look up verses and study and learn more.
As for the first part I think Paul is simply saying he approached people in a way that would best make him someone they could relate to. Not that he deceived them but rather that he approached them on familiar ground. It is an effective way to witness IMO and reminded me of this:
Acts 2
"6When they heard the loud noise, everyone came running, and they were bewildered to hear their own languages being spoken by the believers.
7They were completely amazed. "How can this be?" they exclaimed. "These people are all from Galilee,
8and yet we hear them speaking in our own native languages!"
...everybody could understand despite them coming from places where they speak different languages. Everyone can relate to God's Word as it is universal. In this case it was literal. In Paul's case he simply witnessed in the most effective way to reach someone.
JMO
(T) Peace
If it were an isolated inceident I would tend to agree with you.However, taken as a collective work of the same man, his own words condemn him as nothing morehtan a con-man in my opinion...even if he thought he was doing "God's work". Camping thought he was doing God's work, too.

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." - anonymous

Saint Bernard of Clairvaux wrote, "L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontes et desirs" (hell is full of good wishes and desires)

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#467753 Nov 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Judy!
Great to see ya posting. Hope that means you are continuing to feel better
Well another Thanksgiving just around the corner. Like always, a lot to be thankful for.
To the continued health and happiness of you and yours and the same to those who continue to share the holidays in out little cyber-family.
(T) Peace
Very well said Steve -- and I wish the very same for you and your family as well.

Yep me and my personality are definetely back LOL -- or is that teehee

Happy Thanksgiving and hope you get it off with pay -- TLC - Judy

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#467754 Nov 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, that sounds serious although hopefully manageable with today;'s technology. Obviously it would be nice to see it get a little higher on its own although I am, glad to know it has at least shown some improvement.
Is there anything you can try between now and the 4th that might help the number go a little higher? Or is it one of those things where it simply is where it is? I don't know much about this but am wondering if it might continue to grow stronger with time and eliminate the need for the defibrillator implant? Or is that maybe the best option no matter what just as kind of a safety backup?
Please make sure to keep me in the loop. Hope you get to have a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving with the family and get good news on the 4th. Will be saying prayers.(T) Peace
Good evening Skom.

You're right about "modern technology". Without out it I sure wouldn't be here now. And I thank God for that.

As you know the heart is a muscle and with the proper exercise and care it can get stronger. And they've got me on a medication now that is made to help strengthen the heart and bring my heart fraction numbers up. They didn't have me on it after my heart attack and didn't put me on until about a month ago because it's a medication that's hard the kidneys and they were really worried about my kidneys after my heart attack. But since then all the tests show the my kidneys are fine. So now they feel I'm okay to take that medication. And hopefully that medication will continue to increase my numbers.

As far as what the Doctor tells me on the 4th it's kind of up in the air. Because between now and then I don't have any tests scheduled that will show if my heart numbers have gone up anymore or not. And I don't know if the Doctor will order anymore tests before he tells me what he thinks should be done.

I'll keep you guys updated. Have a great evening.

God bless.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#467755 Nov 18, 2012
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
how are you doing mrs JUTE
Yea?I am with people like you and am deeply sure that our Lord is on the corner of our life-this generation will not pass away.
God bless you madam Jute
some posters are thinkng ,I am dr shrink?
No? I am not any doctor
I appreciate your reply and you have every right to be as anonymous as you choose to be.

I too agree this generation shall not pass away before we hear the trumpet sound --

On my birthday this year I was diagnosed with colon cancer -- I gotta tell you, tis true your life really passes before you visually when you hear those words.

I have been blessed that surgeons were able to get it all and I don't need chemo or radiation, but all the while lying in the hospital bed -- I really did a lot of soul searching and truly want to excel my life in serving the Lord in however He directs my path.

So whatever gets layed upon my heart will definetely go into print, because I am not afraid to put it out here.

I look forward to hearing more from you --

TLC - Mrs Jute

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#467756 Nov 18, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening Skom.
You're right about "modern technology". Without out it I sure wouldn't be here now. And I thank God for that.
As you know the heart is a muscle and with the proper exercise and care it can get stronger. And they've got me on a medication now that is made to help strengthen the heart and bring my heart fraction numbers up. They didn't have me on it after my heart attack and didn't put me on until about a month ago because it's a medication that's hard the kidneys and they were really worried about my kidneys after my heart attack. But since then all the tests show the my kidneys are fine. So now they feel I'm okay to take that medication. And hopefully that medication will continue to increase my numbers.
As far as what the Doctor tells me on the 4th it's kind of up in the air. Because between now and then I don't have any tests scheduled that will show if my heart numbers have gone up anymore or not. And I don't know if the Doctor will order anymore tests before he tells me what he thinks should be done.
I'll keep you guys updated. Have a great evening.
God bless.
Keeping you in prayer my dear friend and borrowing this from Deb --(((((John))))) warm smiles and hugs from Michigan -- TLC - Jute

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#467757 Nov 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No they are not, I have already heard of some of the contradictions in those books when sized up against the bible, the difference with you is that you cannot believe the Word of God and do not give real credence to it, wnd you are in a pitiful state of mind and spirit because you have put your trust and belief in the letter and not in the mysteries of God, which is why it is all hidden from you.
Very well stated Scott -- God opens the eyes of those who truly seek and not one can fool Him -- He sees straight to the heart -- TLC - Judy

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#467758 Nov 18, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>...all the 'puppets' are in play,huh?! Very interesting way of putting it. Well,you know what?? If many people are suspicious and untrusting of what they belive Barack Obama's REAL intentions are for America and beyond,just look at it this way: That just means that the final end of evil is that much closer to it's eternal end. Now does that mean that turbulent times on a scale unlike anything the world has ever seen won't come before the the Lord returns?? Unfortunately,the answer is 'no'. I truly truly believe that when the book of Revelation says that Satan the devil,the fallen angels,the False Prophet,and the anti-christ will be tormented in hell FOREVER AND EVER,I truly believe that it means....FOREVER...WITHOUT END. So can you imagine what must constantly go through the evil,wicked,lying mind of the devil when he knows what awaits him after the last human soul has been saved,and the rule of fallen man finally comes to it's end?? Any,and every,human being who is still a 'candidate' for salvation constantly stays on the devil's 'radar'. And he wants a person to die having rejected the Lord Jesus Christ MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE in the world. That is his ULTIMATE SATISFACTION. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well,Grann!!!
The President holds a lot of influence Doc but I'm not in the mind set he's the one to bring world destruction -- The Lord has that designated to the anti christ --

However with his wife changing his political views on gay marriages and abortion to obtain the votes - I believe satan jumped on that bandwagon full steam ahead towards Americas continued downward spiral of morality.

Along with powerful influences like Oprah Winfrey that has over 7 million viewers.

Very interesting to see how this all plays out with Jeruseleum right now -- a powder keg over there.

Thank you for your reply and I really do appreciate your input -- we don't always agree but I respect your views -- TLC - Granns

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#467759 Nov 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the question that probably explains the lack of posting unfortunately
Good to see you you Lee. You are one of the posters that consistently bring some integrity and depth to the table. I haven't been around steady, for a a little while anyway, it would be nice if you are back for a minute. I see Judy posting as well. Nice to see you both with the holidays approaching
(T) Peace
I see my name tucked in here, thank you Steve --

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#467761 Nov 18, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Keeping you in prayer my dear friend and borrowing this from Deb --(((((John))))) warm smiles and hugs from Michigan -- TLC - Jute
Thanks Jute. I continue to lift you and yours in prayer as well, knowing that God has His hedge of protection over you, and that He's holding you in his healing hands.

I'm off to bed. Have a good nights sleep. Hope to see you in here later. Much love. God bless.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#467762 Nov 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Hey there Judy, I'm glad to see you making a mild comeback of posting on the golden thread a little more, I must admit to being a little mildly surprised to see you weigh in on some of these issues when most of tbe threads regulars seem to be shying away from it, but I have a question for you my friend as to what exactly are your personal limits on the use of abortion?
Like for example I feel abortion should be used only when a woman has a pregnancy that is a direct danger to either the mother's health or her very life and even then I feel that every viable and possible solution should be explored before tbe decision to abort should be made, Mitt Romney on the other hand who decided to become a moderate much too late in an attempt to get elected for POTUS said that it should be used also for incidents of rape and incest as well.
I submit also that it was very disappointing to me and members of the church for Prez Obama to stand behind same sex marriage of which the Word is not shy about condemning out right, you mention that he also stands behind abortion as well but I would like to point out that republicans ruled the white house for 20 out of the last 32 years and they have done nothing to try and overturn Roe vs Wade themselves and probably because it is upheld by the united states supreme court who initiated the law in 1973, yes this nation is on a gradual steady moral decline but it actually began it's roll back in 1973 and has grown worst on down the years since, would just like to know your deeper thoughts here.
l
Ahhhh the hot seat LOL -- But I assure you Scott I'm on record within these pages of my views on the subject of abortion and homosexuality.

Just kinda got caught up on reiterating a little bit with Docs post --

There are many factors in regards to abortion, and absolutely there are lines to be drawn when a womans life is in jeopardy -- as for rape and incest depending on the ages of a child involved I would leave that to the court but as an adult in no way do I believe in abortion.

And as the old old story goes, don't turn around or you will turn into a pillar of salt -- I believe.

As I just mentioned in an earlier post - President Obama holds great influence such as Oprah -- but they are only puppets on a world stage that is set to usher in the Great Tribulation. The Lord has designated the destruction to the anti christ alone and no one will know who that is until it's too late.

As for me - I believe in Calvary and the victory won there, There is but one King of Kings and He is coming suddenly at the sound of the trumpet to call His Bride home -- I'm just a miniscule part of that Bride and I'm so READY for the call --

And to answer your other questions about all the presidents before and their stands -- Since time began it has been evolving to usher in the Lords plan each has played their part -- God will not be late, nor will He alter it in anyway -- He gave us His Word by men He inpired to write it -- He said it, I believe it and that settles it for me --

So GOod to have you back Scott -- TLC - Judy

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#467763 Nov 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no.. you're fine... each one of us has our own opinions is correct. While being prayerful and studying God's Word, we all have to formulate our own conclusions but it helps to touch base with one another... that's what I mean by we're just sharing info. We may not agree with each other fully on scripture context but it is insightful nonetheless. Have a Good Morning... smile.
Hi Q;

Speaking of opinions if you ever get a chance to get your hands on this book take a peek at it.The name of it is God (brief history) by John Bowker (The human search for eternal truth).Have a good day.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467764 Nov 18, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well stated Scott -- God opens the eyes of those who truly seek and not one can fool Him -- He sees straight to the heart -- TLC - Judy
Thanks Judy, like I tried to explain God works with the individuals heart and the state of that heart determines how receptive they are to God's Word on how well they can believe unto salvation.

Blessings sis.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#467765 Nov 18, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Jute. I continue to lift you and yours in prayer as well, knowing that God has His hedge of protection over you, and that He's holding you in his healing hands.
I'm off to bed. Have a good nights sleep. Hope to see you in here later. Much love. God bless.
Remember gentle days John -- and I tell you the loving prayer support I received was nothing short of miraculous -- and you have it too my friend.

Rest well and I will be here -- TLC - Jute

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#467766 Nov 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> "Didn't want to risk losing all of those middle east votes"?????.....DOC...... ....people who live in the middle east or anywhere else in the world outside of this country do not get to vote in a united states presidential election process, thats crazy because are not US citizens, you see how crazy and unbalanced you have driven yourself with all of this paranoia delusional self indulgence.
JESUS..........
Hi Scott, I hope you don't mind my view on this --

How long has the middle east been in America setting up Mosques across this nation -- I've even read somewhere in the US there is even Sharia Law inforced --

Anyway -- what I'm trying to say is there not coming there already established here and while American women are aborting their babies at whim these women are not in fact they are multiplying at at a very rapid rate -- there are registered voters legally.

I don't have all the facts and numbers but to be born here makes one a US Citizen am I right? I know this gets deep -- but it all will factor in to the Great Trib one day -- just my thoughts thank you -- TLC - Judy

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467767 Nov 18, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
The President holds a lot of influence Doc but I'm not in the mind set he's the one to bring world destruction -- The Lord has that designated to the anti christ --
However with his wife changing his political views on gay marriages and abortion to obtain the votes - I believe satan jumped on that bandwagon full steam ahead towards Americas continued downward spiral of morality.
Along with powerful influences like Oprah Winfrey that has over 7 million viewers.
Very interesting to see how this all plays out with Jeruseleum right now -- a powder keg over there.
Thank you for your reply and I really do appreciate your input -- we don't always agree but I respect your views -- TLC - Granns
Thank you for this post Judy, although I know that you are not for Prez Obama like Doc and a number of people here, but at least your assessment of the situation is logical sensible and not full of unreasonable fear mongering and blind hatred, what people line Doc and others fail to understand is that I have no problem with people voting for the candidate that they feel best represent their moral and financial interest, again this was very well said and thought out and not faulting the president for the coming arrival of the Anti-Christ, lol.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#467768 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
Paul admits to being a fraud to spread his Gospel:

"To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."
Okay. If you don't mind, I'm going to give you the "short and sweets."

Paul wasn't a fraud. He was flexible. I thought I gave you a pretty decent explanation in my last post regarding these verses, but I guess I didn't. In short, all people could relate to him even though he remained, at all times, within the confines of the commandments of our anointed Savior. He was at peace with all men, as it's instructed us.
G_O_D wrote:
Note in the parenthesis he admits he is not a Jew.
He said he wasn't under the law, and he was right.

This "law" is specific precepts, namely sacrifices and oblations, and Sabbath requirements. These were fulfilled in and by our anointed Savior.
G_O_D wrote:
Yet here he claims to be a Jew by claiming to be from a tribe that disapeared 500 years before. This demonstrates not only his deciet but his lack of knowledge of the Hebrew Bible and Judaism.
Actually, the majority that remained in the southern kingdom were of Judah, but there were remnants, also, from Benjamin, Levi, Simeon, and Reuben. It's from these tribes the primary "Dispersion" derive.
G_O_D wrote:
"For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham,[of] the tribe of Benjamin."

Not all of the seed of Abraham are Israelites and not all Israelites are Jews. The tribe of Benjamin (and nine other tribes) disappeared with the captivity in Babylon (600BC thru 520BC)
For the most part, yes. And we should define the term "Jew" when using it, as there were 5 common definitions for the term "Jew" throughout their history. In order...

1) One from the tribe of Judah
2) One from the territory of Judah
3) One from the nation of Israel (see "Esther")
4) One from Judea
5) The religious leaders, namely the Pharisees and scribes
G_O_D wrote:
Paul claims that his preaching is above that of message sent from God himself:

"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!"
Paul preached the gospel that he had received from our anointed Savior. He included himself and his companions in his warning, though. "But even if we..."
G_O_D wrote:

This was his answer when he stated, regarding those of Israel that didn't believe; "..shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?" His statement had nothing to do with condoning and encouraging lying to promote "God."
G_O_D wrote:
and “If my lies enhance God’s truthfulness and so increases his glory, why should I be condemned as a sinner?”
Verse 8 says, "And not rather,(as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just." Paul was addressing false accusations against them. Not condoning and encouraging sin for the sake of "God."
G_O_D wrote:
I hope my brief comments were enough for you, to reconsider and re-examine your beliefs regarding Paul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 min Johnny 3,064
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Aura Mytha 738,754
Sexual Orientation is NOT a Choice 5 min Rosa_Winkel 67
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Thinking 227,410
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min DNF 95,444
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min atemcowboy 542,123
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min JudgeNJury 259,224
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 34 min An NFL Fan 118,221
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr Chlo-chan 149
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••