Comments
450,621 - 450,640 of 599,907 Comments Last updated 17 min ago

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#467627 Nov 18, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't mind, I'd like to add that if our anointed Savior, like Father, could not be tempted, or was unable to sin, then his being tempted, all in all, was pointless, and makes null and void the fact that he conquered sin. None can't conquer what they never confront.
Additionally, he was our substitute on the cross. A substitute must, especially in the case of his sacrifice, identify perfectly with the initial subject, being susceptible to sin. As our sacrifice, he could not be unclean, nor a sinner, as such sacrifices were prohibited by the law. To avoid uncleanness, he was conceived without an earthly father. To remain perfect, he had to overcome every temptation while being just as susceptible to sin as we are. If he was not susceptible to sin, then he would not have been a proper, acceptable substitute.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
What I meant by my earlier post is that Jesus is God the Son... that He has and always had (even before the earth was formed) his own uniqueness from God The Father. But being sent to make atonement He became the Son of man also and you know that story goes.

So being that the Son of God became the Son of man He could tempted by evil... but God, His Father, cannot be tempted by evil nor does He tempt anyone to do evil. In my understanding God the Son isn't and was never God The Father... He has always simply been God's Son.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#467628 Nov 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Afternoon Bro, Amen... though we disagree on some points we're discussing the scriptures in the spirit of peace between you and I.
Absolutely, good A bro.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#467629 Nov 18, 2012
Well folks, believe when I say that i hate to go because the conversation is really good... but gotta go to work and I'm a little behind schedule getting there. I was hoping to get to Revelation 1:4 but perhaps I can get to it in The AM.

Have a blessed day and thanks for the discussion.

:)
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#467630 Nov 18, 2012

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#467631 Nov 18, 2012
Which higher, intelligent, supreme being do you worship?

How did you come to learn of this being?

If asked to provide written evidence of this being, what source(s) do you recommend?
G_O_D wrote:
I believe in God. The non-anthropomophic creative force from which the entire universe came into being and whose rules govern it.

I see God in action every day of my life. That is the 'proof'.

Just as I do not have to be an electrician to accept that electricity is real, I do not need a religion to understand that God is real.
I ask, again, and add; How did you come to learn of this being? and when?

And atheists contend that the thoughts, actions, reactions, and speech of everyday life, positive and negative, disproves the existence of any "God/god." How does your answer and belief contend with that of an atheist?

And I can agree with your last statement, but without some form of religion, how did you come to even an acknowledgement of a higher power?
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#467632 Nov 18, 2012

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#467633 Nov 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Yes indeed... that is what makes Jesus Sonship so unique... His true Daddy was God The Father... Big Daddy.
That may be true but if it is so meaningless that Mark and John left it out of their Gospel and Luke and Matthew* do not implicitly state that Jesus is the literal child of God ?

* Matthew says Jesus was "of the Spirit of God" as were many children in the OT, Serah and Elizabeth (John the Baptists Mother) for example.

Luke even states that John and Jesus were almost identical and both were sinless:

"And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless." Luke 1:6

This ties in with my beliefs that John and Jesus had to be all but identical to fulfill Leviticus 16.

"And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats; one lot for the Lord, and the other lot for the scapegoat." - Lev. 16:8
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#467635 Nov 18, 2012
http://www.furrytalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2... Get yo thumb outta' yo mouth,bowy!!!!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#467636 Nov 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, they were all lost tribes (so it would seem) when they got scattered into exile.. but mostly their tribalship got diluted. Eventually, the people who had called themselves Benjaminites merged in with Judah and just considered themselves Jews... but some Jews still kept accurate geneologies like other non-jewish people do today.
Yet Paul was from what is now called the nation of Turkey and not a Jew or Judean.

He was just "lying for God" as he admits with his own words:

"For the Jews, I pretended to be a Jew" 1 Corinthians 9:20

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467637 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean I have to accept your opinion.
ROFLMAO I
I prefer using the Scriptures to explain reality, not using it to deny the truth.
I'm sorry but you fail so miserably at it because you have to first have a true solid understanding of that very thing before you can use it in the capacity to explain reality or anything else for that, you can never have a true deep rooted understanding of God's Word when you deny any part of it as being untrue because of a fixated dislike for one of the men that God revealed his Word through, thats disbelief and you cannot be blessed with the mysteries by rsvelation of his spirit, you see that makes you perhaps the least qualified person here in an attempt to explain about God and "reality" in general, I'm sorry to say all of that but there are others here as well who knows that is true.

Have a Blessed day D.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#467638 Nov 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I'll get more in depth with this post 2morrow. smile.
While this debate is heated, It is at least on topic. Maybe this thread could be revived?

At least it is making is study more than politics and personalities. <smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#467639 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no records of Rome ever performing a census as described in the Bible. Rather, it is contraindicated by all other sources and archaelogy.
The closest one cancome is the cencus of Emperor Augustus (27 BC AD 14) which places it long after Jesus "sat on the steps of the Temple".
It is more likely that in the telling of the legends, timelines got confused.
I made a grave error. make that "before Jesus sat on the steps".

The point was that the Methods of a Roman Census are in error, not the event. There was never a depletion of a nation's populace to come to their capitol for a head count. A cencus would have gone around the nation to assess its wealth for tax purposes.

The modern notion of census is not what the Romans did.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#467640 Nov 18, 2012

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#467641 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
ROFLMAO

So the JW's are right and the "real christians" are wrong.
1) I find it quite odd that you would even refer to any as "real christians" in this case, even if you did use quotations. I must conclude, then, that you're prone to using certain names, titles, and/or what-have-you, when it seems it might benefit your agenda(s).

2) I find it troubling that you would so easily succumb to ridicule and attempt to laugh me to scorn just because I admitted to agreeing with "Jehovah's Witnesses" and their assertions regarding Melchizedek. Apparently, your spiritual leader, "from which the entire universe came into being and whose rules govern it," governs nature, but not your attitude and behavior.

3) Do you dislike "Jehovah's Witnesses" for justifiable reasons, or do you just dislike "Jehovah's Witnesses" more than other adherents of Christendom?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#467642 Nov 18, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>People who sneak into commerical airliner schools just so they can crash jumbo jets into 110 story buildings also understand that God is...R-E-A-L. But without TRULY accepting the Holy Cross of Calvary,all roads,and flightpaths,still lead straight....to HELL.
And Christians, even preists and preachers, who were "TRULY accepting the Holy Cross of Calvary" have raped children.

Did you have a point ?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467643 Nov 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>3 million eh? He has that much? I'll take on the challenge with all due respect to him. Please ask Him about Revelations 2:18... I didn't see a mention of it in his article. Maybe I missed it.
Bishop passed away 21 years ago, he is resting IN Christ after his many years of long labor and his works do follow him, however I would have liked to see you try at that 6 million I believe it would have been most entertaining as bishop really had a talent for putting a cap on these type of issues, but I have a God given gift for understanding the Godhead and if you wish you could call or E-mail Bishop Tisdale about this subject and he could likely explain it better to you than I, call me and I'll give you the inform that you need.

Blessings.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#467644 Nov 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry but I rejected your "facts" because they fall in contradictory with what I know from God's spirit to be true, you rely far too heavily on historical tidbits that are not always factual and it will ultimately let you down.
So you believe your interpretation of Scriptures is truth while the clay tablets from Ur sitting in museums are figments of imagination.

This is the major reason I reject your opinion.
You can't tell the difference between reality and the voices in your head.

You should talk to your doctor about Haldol.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#467645 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I made a grave error. make that "before Jesus sat on the steps".
The point was that the Methods of a Roman Census are in error, not the event. There was never a depletion of a nation's populace to come to their capitol for a head count. A cencus would have gone around the nation to assess its wealth for tax purposes.
The modern notion of census is not what the Romans did.
I'm sorry D but you have made sooooooooooo many more errors than you probably realize, I don't believe you really have any clue my friend.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#467646 Nov 18, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>1) I find it quite odd that you would even refer to any as "real christians" in this case, even if you did use quotations. I must conclude, then, that you're prone to using certain names, titles, and/or what-have-you, when it seems it might benefit your agenda(s).
2) I find it troubling that you would so easily succumb to ridicule and attempt to laugh me to scorn just because I admitted to agreeing with "Jehovah's Witnesses" and their assertions regarding Melchizedek. Apparently, your spiritual leader, "from which the entire universe came into being and whose rules govern it," governs nature, but not your attitude and behavior.
3) Do you dislike "Jehovah's Witnesses" for justifiable reasons, or do you just dislike "Jehovah's Witnesses" more than other adherents of Christendom?
My comment was that most Christians do not consider the JW's to be Chrisitans.

I like JW's by the way. I have spent a few afternoons discussing scriptures with them.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#467647 Nov 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>...I have a God given gift for understanding the Godhead .....
As does Quin, myself and many others here. You aren't that special.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 7 min Tender Mercies 503
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Robert F 538,949
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min bad bob 173,280
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min It aint necessari... 732,967
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Patrick 226,341
China Sees Growth in a Web of Fast Trains (Feb '10) 23 min RayH 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min WasteWater 257,996
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Figaro 105
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••