Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#467572 Nov 18, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning
Today is SONday.....
“Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one’s own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression
or persecution of others.”
~ John F. Kennedy
Thought For The Day
Good Morning Ep, this quote reminds me of Fay Ray... in a good way... smile.

#467573 Nov 18, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Qu.....
If you meet Drew, don't forget to call me too....We can all have coffee together (I have met Drew before)
Have a Blessed day today!!
Not a problem Sis.. did you leave from "way out" in Myrtle Beach to come around this region to meet? It would be nice if an interstate highway went straight into Myrtle.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#467574 Nov 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>....Paul: "When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong.".....
LOL

As if he is going to tell his followers that the real Apostles told him to sit down and shut up.

Remember Paul was in Rome and visited Jerusalem only once and very briefly. Also there is much to indicate that his comments on Peter were were possible fabrications as there is much evidence that Peter was never in Rome:

"First of all, there is no place in the New Testament where there is any hint or any record of any kind that Peter was in Rome. In 1 Peter 5:13, it tells us very plainly that he wrote that epistle from the city of Babylon [In Peters day Babylon was still a city and a territory—See Josephus, Antiquities, Book xv, Ch 2, 2. "The ancient city of Mesopotamia, an area which was then a center of pure and uncompromising Judiasim" p. 65, 1 Peter by A. M. Stibbs. ACT 2:9 tells us they were in the Pentecost crowd. "After the fall of Jerusalem in AD 70 Babylonia became, and for centuries remained, a seat of Jewish Schools devoted to the study and interpretation of the law" Dictionary of the Bible, p. 72, by J. J. Davis]. This is far to the east of the Roman Empire and not in Rome which is in the western part of the Empire. This is where Peter apparently had much of his ministry among the many Jews scattered there from previous centuries. He was there preaching that the Messiah had come, that Jesus Christ was that promised Messiah, and that Jesus Christ was the only hope of salvation. He was there preaching to those people when he wrote the epistles of 1 and 2 Peter. He wrote to those who were in what is now Asia Minor or what is now modern Turkey. All of these districts that he mentions are in a little section of eastern Turkey. The New Testament gives no statement or hint whatever that Peter was ever in the City of Rome, the Capital of the Roman Empire in his day.

There is some groundless tradition that says Peter was in Rome. One problem with the tradition is that the tradition is full of errors, mistakes, things that are incorrect. I’ve read parts of Josephus, all of the Apostolic Fathers, in English translation. Time and time again, as I read in these old writings, or check some writers reference to them. The references are there but in the very context in which the references are found the whole thing was full of things that are contradictory to the New Testament. Therefore being contrary to the New Testament their evidence is worthless."

http://www.christianbeliefs.org/articles/pete...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#467575 Nov 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Though the worship of many gods and goddesses existed at that time as it does now... it is written that Melchizedek worshipped the True God, El Elyon. El Elyon was just a way to say "Most High God" in his language just like Allah means "the God" in Arabic or Dios means God in Spanish.
El Elyon shows up in the canaanite pantheon just like the word god (in our own language) shows up in pagan pantheons just like today. Just like Christians say they worship the True God in our day, so was Melchizedek in his day.....
So why did YHWY have to convert Abram, the believer in Melchizedek and El, to monotheism ?

That is like making a big deal about a patriotic citizen of the USA being converted to a believer in democracy.

The interpretation makes no sense at all.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#467576 Nov 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>.... Melchizedek wasn't worshipped but was simply a priest/King of that land,....
So you disagree with the Christian interpretation the Melchie was God and/or Jesus ?

My understanding, based on the Sumerian religion, is that "preist kings" were considered gods themselves. Deification of leaders is the norm rather than the exception throughout human history.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#467577 Nov 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
In this case the sons of God were those of the downline of Seth who "called upon God" as opposed to the downline of Cain (the women of Cain's downline, in this instance)...remember that Cain was cast out of God's presence... That is what I believe as Angels has no sexual organs so to speak, they are neutral as Jesus alluded to. So the above verse has to deal with godly men marrying ungodly women.
BTW, one never hears sons of angels but you do hear sons of men.
<quoted text>satan, though fallen, is also an angelic being... a demon or evil spirit is a fallen angel for those who weren't aware of that.
Good arguement. Will have to give this further consideration. Thanks.

#467578 Nov 18, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to wake up and see scripture being discussed....:-)
Peter and Paul....Two Brothers who were NOT afraid to Stand Up for Jesus and God. Do you think they "hit heads" sometimes? Peter had a temper didn't he? They were just like us...Flaws and All
Ouch....Peter wrote "His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction"
They all seemed to hit heads at one time or another... Paul and Barnabus had a huge argument over Mark (Mark had deserted them over some ministry that was suppose to take place and Paul didn't want Mark to tag along... later on, in another letter Paul called for Mark, that he was needful for the ministry)... Peter was afraid of the Judaizers.. James eventually took over leadership of the church from Peter though Peter was alive... many had deserted Paul as some were bewitched by gnostics and judaizers (protecting the new churches and new believers from the gnostics were a major irritation to John and Paul)... and other faithful friends remained with Paul and ministered to him as we was imprisoned for his faith.

Oh yeah, they had flaws just like us... smile.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#467579 Nov 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I did some more research on this and Melchizedek worshipped El Elyon (which means Most High God), not ba'al or any other deity.
That he held human sacrifice regularly and is the one who wanted Isaac sacrificed isn't found.
From "Sacrifices in the Sumerian Culture" - Lillian Helstad

"Leonard Woolley excavated a cemetery at Ur; dated 3500 BCE. He found tombs of local kings that were not recorded in the Sumerian king-lists. King-lists are written lists of kings who reigned for long periods of time. Woolley started in 1927 to dig in the Royal Cemetery at Ur and startled the world by bringing to light funeral practices that were strange, and which the texts of Sumer had not talked about."
"What one can see in this photograph is the entrance to the tomb chamber where many people were sacrificed about five thousand years ago. The king with its attendants, many or few depending upon the novelty of the king, was laid in the tomb, and the door was sealed. Sacrifices were then made in the little court before the entrance, which would then be filled in with dirt until only the top parts of the wall would show above the ground."

The archaeologoly indicates otherwise.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#467580 Nov 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>...<quoted text>Actually by biblical accounts, Abram left Ur on God's calling long before he met Melchizedek....
He left the capital city, he didn't leave Sumeria, its culture nor its religion.

He, in comparisson, moved from NYC to State College PA.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#467581 Nov 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
Edit: Correction (last post)... "let's not forget to learn the lesson of Gary and Dave who put their total trust in a man.... please don't be mad at me for saying that to you..."
Don't forget that they backed it up with interpretations of the Bible.

#467582 Nov 18, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
It is 2 years today since my dad died....Say a prayer for my family....I really Miss him!!
Thank you Friends....
Have a BLESSED SONday!!
I will pray Sis that God will comfort you and your family during this time.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#467583 Nov 18, 2012
Where to begin....?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#467584 Nov 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>... Jesus came through the tribe of Judah......
Despote the several geneologies, the fact that Jesus's family was in Nazareth/GAlillee would make it very unlikely that they were Judean. They were in the northern kingdom/Israel/Galillee.

It is very likely that Jesus and several of his followers were Samaritans, not Jews. It is also very possible that Jesus' "baptism" by John was during Jesus' conversion from Samaritism to Judaism.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#467585 Nov 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So did Mary Magdalene and his disciples. They too had a Father.
However, Jesus had no father. And the Father was not really his father.
The Father was everybody's Father, not everybody's father.
The tremendous difference between a father and The Father.

Exactly!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#467586 Nov 18, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Where to begin....?
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the world was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Breath of God moved upon the face of the waters.

#467587 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you disagree with the Christian interpretation the Melchie was God and/or Jesus ?
Yes, Melchizedek was a normal human being. The author of Hebrews was just simply explaining how Melchizedek was an archetype of the Messiah and how the prophecy of the Melchizedek order (in Psalm 110) came to pass through Jesus...

"The LORD has sworn and will not change His mind: "You are a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek."
Psalms 110:4
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My understanding, based on the Sumerian religion, is that "preist kings" were considered gods themselves. Deification of leaders is the norm rather than the exception throughout human history.
I've read of some leaders that were worshipped (Nimrod/Semiramis/Tammuz) etc...

But Melchizedek was a "human" King and a Priest of the Most High God... he wasn't the Most High God in bodily form like it was with some of the other pagan kings who were worshipped. Melchie was more like a chieftain (or some elder) of his own tribe of people and ruled that region or bit of land.. In his priestly action with Abram, he was being a facilitator of worship TO the Most High God rather than being worshipped. As a king, it was usually customary to pay tribute to the ruler of that land which one passes through, especially if they are friendly.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#467588 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D...

Pardon my intrusion, but I can't help but wonder...

Which higher, intelligent, supreme being do you worship?

How did you come to learn of this being?

If asked to provide written evidence of this being, what source(s) do you recommend?

#467589 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Despote the several geneologies, the fact that Jesus's family was in Nazareth/GAlillee would make it very unlikely that they were Judean. They were in the northern kingdom/Israel/Galillee.
It is very likely that Jesus and several of his followers were Samaritans, not Jews. It is also very possible that Jesus' "baptism" by John was during Jesus' conversion from Samaritism to Judaism.
Joseph and Mary were cousins from the same Judaean tribe... both of their lineages linked to King David who was from the tribe of Judah... and then the rest of the geneology shows King David's ancestral line and connection to judah.

Remember the Roman census? They had to go back to their home town to be counted (for tax reasons)... that was Bethlehem which was in Judah.

#467590 Nov 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning Qu, on this we completely agree, when one is honest and sincere in belief in God and his Word there is no confusion pertaining to any of the scriptures.
Blessings.
Good Afternoon Bro, Amen... though we disagree on some points we're discussing the scriptures in the spirit of peace between you and I.

#467591 Nov 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm Blessed bro, all power went back to Christ after he was resurrected and before he ascended back into heaven, you know a highly ironic thing happened here on this sunday morning, I woke up intime to catch the church's sunday morning telecast just to hear the contents of the message preached being the VERY SAME SUBJECT THAT YOU AND I HAVE BEEN DEBATING..........that God and Jesus Christ are one and the same, and he preached it as the spirit of God gave it to him to preach in that hour as it was recorded to be viewed one or two weeks later, right on time, the power of God is truly something wonderful and amazing, which you could have seen it as it came from a true anointed man of God.
Peace.
Amen... I love when that happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Bongo 119,230
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 11 min Trump your President 2,691
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Robert F 679,235
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr curtjester1 46,215
These wicked bastards must be exterminated!! 2 hr The Great Alphonso 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr shockVIDEO 982,142
____ 666 ____ here ____ now ____ (*News) 3 hr shockVIDEO 1
More from around the web