Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Annie...part 2....first then maybe they would be better equipped to either avoid the pitfalls or deal with them when they come. The second biggest problem is waste and beuracracy. This government has a pentagon that spends $400 on a hammer but we don't have enough soup in the soup kitchens.And there is so much red tape of ppl in Washington making decisions without a clue what things are really like on the street level.So much money is wasted , spent innefficiently, scammed, stolen etc, most charitees are scams as u only need to give away 10% of what u take in to qualify as a charitee and that's if someone looks at ur books, etc that we need people that are vetted someone to have local control. In detroit the ex-mayor set up a private fund for donations where it supposed to go to education and other things for inner-city youths and he used it as his personal bank account and because it was a private fund technically it is under no legal obligation to do any public good. but half the donors didnt know that.cont

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Annier...part 3....and the other half was using it to funnel bribes for "pay-to-play" business dealings. This country has the funds and it has the resources. But by the time people steal, mismanage, waste, or scam from the till there is never enough left. Time to fix the laws and enforce them if we want any chance of fixing the system. IMO.(T) Peace
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/3404-woman-... While this was a tragic situation,I stillwant to applaud Ireland for making abortion ILLEGAL. Praise the Lord Christ Almighty for nations like Ireland that RESPECT the little ones of the womb!!
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

@HU...well lets face it, politics have become about two things when it comes to elections and that is fear aand negativity. But look at the tactics used against Obama last election. Using his middle name and claiming not only he is a Muslim but secretly wants to destroy the country. The only thing they didnt do is actually come out and say he is a terrorist. Did the dems use fear too? Yes. they basically said with Obama u know what u get. with Romney it could be anything and to paint him as part of the good ol boy white rich establishment of men who are anti-women. But by the time repub running for office were done saying 'legitimate rape' an 'God intended it' if a woman got pregnant during rape, calling a woman oppenent a dog, and romney saying he would defund planned parenthood and pbs and u end if with a 20% disparity between women who voted dem. Elections are won or lost with whoever can find a few crazy statements from the other side, a few mistepss, and who can fan the flames of hysteria the best. cont

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Hu...part 2. U think Romney really doesnt care about 47% of the country? U think Obama really is just pro-trans-sexual? These politicians will say whatever their focus groups and balloon polls tell them to say to whatever group. Sometimes it works and other times it backfires. At all times it is done to get money to pay for campaigns to ultimately get the needed votes. Then whatever puppet gets elected and the ones with power go back to running things. We gotta scrap this 2party system. No favors owed, no quid pro quo, no figureheads. We need to vote candidates based on merit, we need to demand results, and we need to recall them when they stop representing the will of their constituents. The biggest scam the powerful have run on this country is that our vote matters. Elections simply appease the masses. Democracy is an awesome concept. what we have now is simply the illusion of democracy. the problem is..is there even a bottom any more that things can hit b4 ppl care enough to force change? cont..

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
@HU...well lets face it, politics have become about two things when it comes to elections and that is fear aand negativity. But look at the tactics used against Obama last election. Using his middle name and claiming not only he is a Muslim but secretly wants to destroy the country. The only thing they didnt do is actually come out and say he is a terrorist. Did the dems use fear too? Yes. they basically said with Obama u know what u get. with Romney it could be anything and to paint him as part of the good ol boy white rich establishment of men who are anti-women. But by the time repub running for office were done saying 'legitimate rape' an 'God intended it' if a woman got pregnant during rape, calling a woman oppenent a dog, and romney saying he would defund planned parenthood and pbs and u end if with a 20% disparity between women who voted dem. Elections are won or lost with whoever can find a few crazy statements from the other side, a few mistepss, and who can fan the flames of hysteria the best. cont
Or have a hurricane come through and get good optics with a republican 'fire brand' governor of one of the states affected. I'm not say that pulled him across the finish line ,but it didn't hurt;)

Or not have all your base come out for various reasons or trip and fumble near the end zone...

Sure ,the list goes on.

Have you started reading the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act yet? Daunting task...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Hu...part 3..I dont think there is. The apathy is mind-boggling. unfortunately some of it is understandable when the second question is "even if ppl do care is there anything we can do that will bring about real change and even if we do..are the problems fixable?" I'd guess most ppl think 'no'. so we are on our own which brings me to ur 2nd point about whats wrong with this picture. We have 1 chance as a country imo and that is we do it ourselves from the communitees on up. The teach a man to fish approach and protect your own. As communitees we need to help police them, ensure our education and training is good, give a hand to those in hard times and become as self-sufficiant as possible. take gov help where it is but communitiies used to look out for their own. there is no sense of family, no sense of community, no nothing. Cus nobody is coming to help and soon if this country becomes a 2 class country it will be too late. I dont know how much more inefficient and corrupt gov can get b4 ppl say enough.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jack,
I'm well, here's hoping you are also.
I watched 5 minutes of A Time for Choosing. I would like to watch it all. The thing is, I'm on wireless internet and because it's a moving picture ...I just can't afford the bytes necessary to veiw 30 minutes of this dialogue.
Text is affordable. Can you post a link?
Thanks ...
Sure Ken ,understand, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

http://www.catholic.org/national/national_sto... I will never let the world forget you,Precious little flower of Christ the Lord!!! I will never let the world forget how those passersby IGNORED you,little Precious One!!!!NEVER!!! Not in THIS world!! NEVER!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

@..Senacus...I hear ya on the age discrimination. Before when the economy was good it was just about getting rid of people before healthcare costs became counter-productive. But now to bring someone in 35 or older where experience isnt a good thing but now means someone either would expect to be compensated for it as they are more qualified or they are getting way underpaid and they figure the person wont be happy. They figure older ppl are set in their ways and harder to train too. So like u said now they have the pick-of-the-litter. Which doesnt necessarily mean the best worker, although they can now hire ppl with doctorates to do jobs that barely required a college degree but means they can bring someone in young, cheap, with low healthcare, train them in the company mold and get the most years out of them. Its simply a numbers game now. The most work for the cheapest price. It is an awful, awful time to be out of work, especially for anyone over 30. Like u said, recruiters wont even return a phone call.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Or have a hurricane come through and get good optics with a republican 'fire brand' governor of one of the states affected. I'm not say that pulled him across the finish line ,but it didn't hurt;)
Or not have all your base come out for various reasons or trip and fumble near the end zone...
Sure ,the list goes on.
Have you started reading the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act yet? Daunting task...
No I havent looked at it at all yet. Whats your initial impression? Any points you can summarize for me? I have unfortunately been unable to stay as informed as I would like, just too tired most the time to undertake something like that. Any info would be appreciated.(T) PEACE
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/11/14/romn... There's nothing to discuss!! The REAL reason Romney lost to Obama is that he depended on the white vote to be the 'hail Mary!' that would get him into the whitehouse. And just like a few members of the LAPD and the District Attorney's Office planting and manufacturing evidence against Prune Juice,it failed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not say that pulled him across the finish line ,but it didn't hurt;)Or not have all your base come out for various reasons or trip and fumble near the end zone...
Sure ,the list goes on....
It is hard to know how much the hurricane hurt the Repubs but admittedly when someone is trying to close the gap it was days and focus they could ill-afford. What really killed them was the Hispanic vote. The talk of self-deportation and trying to make it harder for ppl to vote saw a record number of Hispanics voting and most for Obama. But imo the Tea Party is what is really hurting u guys. Not just in the way it energizes only the more extreme base resulting in nominations over moderates but lost elections but the things some of the say splits ur their own party and is polarizing to the indepenent voter. The ones they get they would have still gotten w/ moderates but they lose everyone else. Both parties used to lean towards the middle. Its all extremists now imo.(T) PEACE

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Ken ,understand, here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Hi Jack,
It's a moving picture ...
I can only afford it if I can read it.
Thanx ...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

~*~*~*~Morning~*~*~*~

Cultivate the habit of attention and try to gain opportunities to hear wise men and women talk.
Indifference and inattention are the two most
dangerous monsters that you will ever meet.
Interest and attention will insure to you an education.”

~ Robert A. Millikan

Thought For The day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Today's Prayer

Dear Father in Heaven, You are Sovereign, Our Lord God Almighty. I pray that your hand will be upon those who the majority of American citizens have chosen to lead this great nation. I pray that our leaders who are Christians will be encouraged and rely on the strength and guidance of your Holy Spirit. I pray that those who are not Christians will see your work in the lives of those who are, that they will recognize the need for your help and your blessing, and that they will feel their need for the Savior. I pray that all will have wisdom and work together to solve the problems we face, the crises that come, and the many decisions that must be made. I pray for protection for our leaders and our country. I pray for our people to remain united. I pray for your Spirit to knock on the doors of every heart. And I pray for your mercy. Thank you, Father. In the name of Jesus, amen.

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Encouraging Words.....

“No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.”

Micah 6:8

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Has anyone heard from RA? I wonder how he is feeling?

Have a great day

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>

Here one for you that is going on out here in the land of enchantment.
Even in the land of enchantment? Oh No!
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
rides a old bike to the ramp on the Highway and holds a sign up that read I am hunger.
His sign reads "I am hunger" huh? Even the people in your stories talk like you I guess.
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Another man who has apartment and draws a retirment check every month.He goes dressed in raggie clothes everyday and goes to a liguor store and point blank ask people can you spare some change or can you spare a dollar.This one pinches $75.00 dollars aday out of people.
Now you may wonder how do I know this.I watched them both and done some checking for myself to see if there need is really a true need.This is how I discovered what there scam is.It is a real shame.
While I am sure you would know all about scamming people, how in the world could you know the man makes $75 a day? And how would you know this man gets a retirement check? Seriously, how could you know what this man receives in the mail let alone what benefits he receives let alone what he averages a day by panhandling? It is supposed to believable you learned this information while watching him??

You are so full of crap

Whatever reason you decided to lie and involve yourself in this exchange with Annie, this story having a shred of truth to it certainly wasn't the reason
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a good day.God bless you.
Yes, don't forget the God Bless.

The reason I still even check in is mostly nostalgia and part denial. I guess this room really is on its last leg. People may have varying opinions as to why that is. Not me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 450,341 - 450,360 of596,600
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

585 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 min Adam 89,587
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min KiMare 217,135
The sad REALITY of being a gay atheist 6 min Adam 7
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 10 min Ed Teach 52,518
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Gods R Delusions x Mine 512,275
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 16 min Adam 36 36,108
Why do homosexuals approach little boys in thei... 16 min Adam 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Catcher1 680,620
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr Haydos 272
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Uzi 109,735
•••
•••
•••