Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#467223 Nov 14, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good afternoon everyone.
Good afternoon Lawest;

Hope you are doin well.Tis cold out here today jacket weather.
Have a good day.God bless

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#467224 Nov 14, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Annie;
Here one for you that is going on out here in the land of enchantment.
Is a fellow who picks up odd jobs all week long from people
in the area and the people pay him real good even give him tips.
He works Monday thru Friday for people.But on weekends he dresses
up in raggie clothes and rides a old bike to the ramp on the Highway and holds a sign up that read I am hunger.People will hand him money left and right that come up on that ramp.
Another man who has apartment and draws a retirment check every month.He goes dressed in raggie clothes everyday and goes to a liguor store and point blank ask people can you spare some change or can you spare a dollar.This one pinches $75.00 dollars aday out of people.
Now you may wonder how do I know this.I watched them both and done some checking for myself to see if there need is really a true need.This is how I discovered what there scam is.It is a real shame.
Have a good day.God bless you.
Yes LW I am well aware that some people are dishonest and will take advantage of those that try to help. These two men must have been Democrats since Democrats are the only ones who have their hands out.

Another reason they must have been Democrats is because no Republican has ever been on government assistance.

sigh...

I think that I am done now...the last several months have not been enjoyable on this thread...too much arguing for me...too much neighbor against neighbor. Too much work to find what we have in common.

Have a great evening LW...and I hope that you are well.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#467225 Nov 14, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes LW I am well aware that some people are dishonest and will take advantage of those that try to help. These two men must have been Democrats since Democrats are the only ones who have their hands out.
Another reason they must have been Democrats is because no Republican has ever been on government assistance.
sigh...
I think that I am done now...the last several months have not been enjoyable on this thread...too much arguing for me...too much neighbor against neighbor. Too much work to find what we have in common.
Have a great evening LW...and I hope that you are well.
Hi Annie;

Well,I was speaking of the homeless and those in need and thoses not in need.I was speaking of street scam.Democrats nor republican certainly was not on my mind while speaking of this.Excuse me for trying to share with you.I make a note not to bother you in the future.thank you but no thank you.No problem for me for sure.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#467226 Nov 14, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Annie;
Here one for you that is going on out here in the land of enchantment.
Is a fellow who picks up odd jobs all week long from people
in the area and the people pay him real good even give him tips.
He works Monday thru Friday for people.But on weekends he dresses
up in raggie clothes and rides a old bike to the ramp on the Highway and holds a sign up that read I am hunger.People will hand him money left and right that come up on that ramp.
Another man who has apartment and draws a retirment check every month.He goes dressed in raggie clothes everyday and goes to a liguor store and point blank ask people can you spare some change or can you spare a dollar.This one pinches $75.00 dollars aday out of people.
Now you may wonder how do I know this.I watched them both and done some checking for myself to see if there need is really a true need.This is how I discovered what there scam is.It is a real shame.
Have a good day.God bless you.
I just gave my buddy's sister a bowl of homemade veggie/beef soup. Rather than say thank you she chose to bitch because the celery is still a little crunchy.

Crunchy celery doens't bother me a bit. I'm thankful to have soup.

I guess it takes all kinds ...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#467227 Nov 14, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
I just gave my buddy's sister a bowl of homemade veggie/beef soup. Rather than say thank you she chose to bitch because the celery is still a little crunchy.
Crunchy celery doens't bother me a bit. I'm thankful to have soup.
I guess it takes all kinds ...
Hi Hickup;

Could I please have a bowl of that soup you made.I'll take that celery anyway you want to serve it and not say a word.Thank you and with that thank you a (((hug))) and a kiss.Your 100% right this world sure has a variety.Stay safe and take care,stay happy.

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#467228 Nov 14, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
I just gave my buddy's sister a bowl of homemade veggie/beef soup. Rather than say thank you she chose to bitch because the celery is still a little crunchy.
Crunchy celery doens't bother me a bit. I'm thankful to have soup.
I guess it takes all kinds ...
sir
my daily observation of this golden country is simple,
homeless people are not product of this system,
this system offer shelters, free church food, foodstasmps even health care for many ofthem

American homeless is volutary adventure to draw money from people on the corners of big cities or tourist areas,

I saw realy homeless overseas during comunism time, crowds of people sleeping on the bas stop places,or train stations hungry and biten by red militia

but here? there is only joke,
they are hungry not bread, only beverages or drugs,

some few of them maybe are in daily need,

but Social Services are able to help them,or even churches, of city night shelters

I saw by walmart 6 times same guy asking for few dollars to fill gas tank to drive back to his home in delevare,

what a heck is this guy,6 times asking same people for gas(whiskey) make him completly street criminal

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#467229 Nov 14, 2012
@Annie...gonna respond here for space..hope u see it.Yeah i hear ya on the Subway thing. IMO.one of the hardest things to do in this world is to not start lumping ppl in a group because a few bad experiences really can stick with a person. I know u dont do that. I have found for me that making it an amount where even if they conned me it is no big deal helps and partly simply cus i dont have the funds and partly for me own satisfaction and protection i try to give more of my time than my money. it is darn near impossible to scam someone out of their time cus there is no way to hide an agenda. If someone needs a ride or help moving something or to talk or a Christmas tree brought over and put up or a bunch of little services a charity i work with offers there is no way it is anything other than what it is. As for the root causes or solutions imo our two biggest problems are A) This country is reactionary. if we educated someone and taught them a skill or got them rides to interviews or whatever..cont
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#467230 Nov 14, 2012
Today is the day of your salvation,for the Lord Jesus Christ hased not promised you tomorrow.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#467231 Nov 14, 2012
Annie...part 2....first then maybe they would be better equipped to either avoid the pitfalls or deal with them when they come. The second biggest problem is waste and beuracracy. This government has a pentagon that spends $400 on a hammer but we don't have enough soup in the soup kitchens.And there is so much red tape of ppl in Washington making decisions without a clue what things are really like on the street level.So much money is wasted , spent innefficiently, scammed, stolen etc, most charitees are scams as u only need to give away 10% of what u take in to qualify as a charitee and that's if someone looks at ur books, etc that we need people that are vetted someone to have local control. In detroit the ex-mayor set up a private fund for donations where it supposed to go to education and other things for inner-city youths and he used it as his personal bank account and because it was a private fund technically it is under no legal obligation to do any public good. but half the donors didnt know that.cont

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#467232 Nov 14, 2012
Annier...part 3....and the other half was using it to funnel bribes for "pay-to-play" business dealings. This country has the funds and it has the resources. But by the time people steal, mismanage, waste, or scam from the till there is never enough left. Time to fix the laws and enforce them if we want any chance of fixing the system. IMO.(T) Peace
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#467233 Nov 14, 2012
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/3404-woman-... While this was a tragic situation,I stillwant to applaud Ireland for making abortion ILLEGAL. Praise the Lord Christ Almighty for nations like Ireland that RESPECT the little ones of the womb!!
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#467234 Nov 14, 2012

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#467235 Nov 14, 2012
@HU...well lets face it, politics have become about two things when it comes to elections and that is fear aand negativity. But look at the tactics used against Obama last election. Using his middle name and claiming not only he is a Muslim but secretly wants to destroy the country. The only thing they didnt do is actually come out and say he is a terrorist. Did the dems use fear too? Yes. they basically said with Obama u know what u get. with Romney it could be anything and to paint him as part of the good ol boy white rich establishment of men who are anti-women. But by the time repub running for office were done saying 'legitimate rape' an 'God intended it' if a woman got pregnant during rape, calling a woman oppenent a dog, and romney saying he would defund planned parenthood and pbs and u end if with a 20% disparity between women who voted dem. Elections are won or lost with whoever can find a few crazy statements from the other side, a few mistepss, and who can fan the flames of hysteria the best. cont

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#467236 Nov 14, 2012
Hu...part 2. U think Romney really doesnt care about 47% of the country? U think Obama really is just pro-trans-sexual? These politicians will say whatever their focus groups and balloon polls tell them to say to whatever group. Sometimes it works and other times it backfires. At all times it is done to get money to pay for campaigns to ultimately get the needed votes. Then whatever puppet gets elected and the ones with power go back to running things. We gotta scrap this 2party system. No favors owed, no quid pro quo, no figureheads. We need to vote candidates based on merit, we need to demand results, and we need to recall them when they stop representing the will of their constituents. The biggest scam the powerful have run on this country is that our vote matters. Elections simply appease the masses. Democracy is an awesome concept. what we have now is simply the illusion of democracy. the problem is..is there even a bottom any more that things can hit b4 ppl care enough to force change? cont..

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#467237 Nov 14, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
@HU...well lets face it, politics have become about two things when it comes to elections and that is fear aand negativity. But look at the tactics used against Obama last election. Using his middle name and claiming not only he is a Muslim but secretly wants to destroy the country. The only thing they didnt do is actually come out and say he is a terrorist. Did the dems use fear too? Yes. they basically said with Obama u know what u get. with Romney it could be anything and to paint him as part of the good ol boy white rich establishment of men who are anti-women. But by the time repub running for office were done saying 'legitimate rape' an 'God intended it' if a woman got pregnant during rape, calling a woman oppenent a dog, and romney saying he would defund planned parenthood and pbs and u end if with a 20% disparity between women who voted dem. Elections are won or lost with whoever can find a few crazy statements from the other side, a few mistepss, and who can fan the flames of hysteria the best. cont
Or have a hurricane come through and get good optics with a republican 'fire brand' governor of one of the states affected. I'm not say that pulled him across the finish line ,but it didn't hurt;)

Or not have all your base come out for various reasons or trip and fumble near the end zone...

Sure ,the list goes on.

Have you started reading the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act yet? Daunting task...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#467238 Nov 14, 2012
Hu...part 3..I dont think there is. The apathy is mind-boggling. unfortunately some of it is understandable when the second question is "even if ppl do care is there anything we can do that will bring about real change and even if we do..are the problems fixable?" I'd guess most ppl think 'no'. so we are on our own which brings me to ur 2nd point about whats wrong with this picture. We have 1 chance as a country imo and that is we do it ourselves from the communitees on up. The teach a man to fish approach and protect your own. As communitees we need to help police them, ensure our education and training is good, give a hand to those in hard times and become as self-sufficiant as possible. take gov help where it is but communitiies used to look out for their own. there is no sense of family, no sense of community, no nothing. Cus nobody is coming to help and soon if this country becomes a 2 class country it will be too late. I dont know how much more inefficient and corrupt gov can get b4 ppl say enough.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#467239 Nov 14, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jack,
I'm well, here's hoping you are also.
I watched 5 minutes of A Time for Choosing. I would like to watch it all. The thing is, I'm on wireless internet and because it's a moving picture ...I just can't afford the bytes necessary to veiw 30 minutes of this dialogue.
Text is affordable. Can you post a link?
Thanks ...
Sure Ken ,understand, here's the link:

Doctor REALITY

United States

#467240 Nov 14, 2012
http://www.catholic.org/national/national_sto... I will never let the world forget you,Precious little flower of Christ the Lord!!! I will never let the world forget how those passersby IGNORED you,little Precious One!!!!NEVER!!! Not in THIS world!! NEVER!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#467241 Nov 14, 2012
@..Senacus...I hear ya on the age discrimination. Before when the economy was good it was just about getting rid of people before healthcare costs became counter-productive. But now to bring someone in 35 or older where experience isnt a good thing but now means someone either would expect to be compensated for it as they are more qualified or they are getting way underpaid and they figure the person wont be happy. They figure older ppl are set in their ways and harder to train too. So like u said now they have the pick-of-the-litter. Which doesnt necessarily mean the best worker, although they can now hire ppl with doctorates to do jobs that barely required a college degree but means they can bring someone in young, cheap, with low healthcare, train them in the company mold and get the most years out of them. Its simply a numbers game now. The most work for the cheapest price. It is an awful, awful time to be out of work, especially for anyone over 30. Like u said, recruiters wont even return a phone call.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#467242 Nov 14, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Or have a hurricane come through and get good optics with a republican 'fire brand' governor of one of the states affected. I'm not say that pulled him across the finish line ,but it didn't hurt;)
Or not have all your base come out for various reasons or trip and fumble near the end zone...
Sure ,the list goes on.
Have you started reading the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act yet? Daunting task...
No I havent looked at it at all yet. Whats your initial impression? Any points you can summarize for me? I have unfortunately been unable to stay as informed as I would like, just too tired most the time to undertake something like that. Any info would be appreciated.(T) PEACE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min PadMark 678,808
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 45 min Sigmund Drumpf 2,300
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 59 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,829
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr ROCCO 118,815
ladies have you ever cheated on your BF while h... (Sep '15) 2 hr Crazy night 12
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 2 hr Red nissan 74
Cammack Village PUNKS 3 hr Snails Pace 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 hr May2017 NewsGlobal 982,133
More from around the web