Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
(((*()*)))
Koala hugs Serah, Lawest, anybody. I have to go climb a tree, or pass out on eucalyptus with this flu.
OK...I accept your Koala hug....(((*()

And raise you a Sister In Christ Hug.....>>>>>P_ W_<<<<<

((*L-))

On the Road

Shalom

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

PW....

Did you read this yesterday? I thought of you when it said "Don't shoot butterflies with rifles"....

A Recipe For Sanity

Are you worsted in a fight? Laugh it off.
Are you cheated of your right? laugh it off.
Don’t make tragedy of trifles,
Don’t shoot butterflies with rifles. Laugh it off. Does your work get into kinks? Laugh it off.
Are you near all sorts of brinks? Laugh it off.
If it’s sanity you’re after, There’s no recipe like laughter, Laugh it off.

~ Henry Rutherford Elliot

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Crews are coming from many different areas of the country, the region can use all the help it can get at this time. Cell towers are still spotty in many areas, but my brother has been able to get out some texts,and thing ain't pretty. Some inlaws almost had their generator stolen right off their back patio, a neighbor stopped them(who btw they are sharing power with). Roving gangs looking for easy pickings in the confusion and in another's misfortune.
This event is a reason I left(one of many), Long Island is a bottleneck through NYC , the city is your only way out and off the Island should a disaster strike(or, you could "borrow" someones boat and go to Conn.). 9/11 was a wake up call, I remember telling family members I'll be stepping up plans to get back "home" (Pa.)- and was within a year and a half.
See you changed your avatar too, a picture of the 'back 40'?
Did you hear that in New Jersey they turned some lineman away (from the South) becasue they weren't Union workers?

I have seen some previews of "The Long Island Medium"...And does she have a accent....Does your family?

BTW....Happy Belated Birthday

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Friend.....
I saw the pictures.....That part of Australia is dry isn't it?...Is it far into the Outback?....Did you see any kangeroos?....I'm glad the family had a bonding expeirence. Didn't you say that is where you will be interred also?
You know Life is but a VAPOR....That is why we MUST live it the biblical way....LOVE one another!!
GOD Bless!!!!
HI Friend :)

It is dry up there, about 2.5 hours driving into the outback, and we did see kangaroos although sadly, a lot of them were road kill.

That is where I want to end up, there is breathing space up there, and you are right, Loving one another and sharing GOD's Blessings is the best thing we can do for each other :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK...I accept your Koala hug....(((*()
And raise you a Sister In Christ Hug.....>>>>>P_ W_<<<<<
((*L-))
On the Road
Shalom
Ahh; just saw that Irrira has the dreaded flu, and I too accept and return the Koala hugs.... and of course, a Sister in Christ Hug to boot

(((*_*)))

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Have a great day today....It will be 75 and Sunny here

God Bless....Love ya'll

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

RA....

You said you were having a Heart scan on Tuesday to see the damage to the Heart. Did you receive any input yet?....Hope the damage was minimal.....

Have a great Fall day!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you changed your Avatar to the Mountain behind you...Awesome LW....
You are coming along in your computer skills....LOL
Have a great day LW....Love ya
Hi Epi;

Lol sure glad your joking about cp skills.When PW find the message I left her no tellin what she is going to think.Took some advise from a nut that knew no more than me lol.One of those smoother than cream talkers lol about how to cut and paste.Well it sounded good anyway and you know me just had to try it.lol lol.At least I found the mountain in the back yard on the right button.lol.I understand critters and the wild better than theses machines all fingers and buttons.lol.I off for another adventure today.You have a good day.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>LOL... Just came across this posting, and definitely agree with you that your image suits you :)
my christan salute to you
and thanks for respond
for me I got nothing left or any need of anything from this earth,

'"precious in Gods eyes is death of His Saints" Psalm 116;11

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
RA....
You said you were having a Heart scan on Tuesday to see the damage to the Heart. Did you receive any input yet?....Hope the damage was minimal.....
Have a great Fall day!!
Good afternoon Epi, hope your day is going well. I had the MRI on Tuesday but I haven't heard anything about it yet. I have an appointment with my Cardiologist coming up on Friday, so I'll find out the results then.

I started my cardiac rehab at the local Hospital on Wednesday. It went well. I go to that 3 days a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) for about and hour and a half per day. They work you pretty much at your own pace (what you can tolerate). They have you hooked up to a heart monitor and check your blood pressure often during the time you're working out.

I'm really glad I'm able to do it at the local Hospital. Because if I had to go to the Hospital in Fort Wayne where they took me when I had my heart attack it would mean I would have to drive approximately 180 miles per week. Where as the local Hospital is less than a mile from where I live.

Hope you have a great day. God bless.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

I was following along with a conversation on WINLAC this morning...not sure what started it but eventually ended up at civil law vs biblical law. I knew that it was mentioned in the Bible so I went to refresh myself with what it said. Some how in the process I ended up at this verse.

Romans 13:8

[8] Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

My first thought was...is it saying not to have any debt (Owe no man any thing).

To keep it in context I also read verses 9 and 10.

[9] For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

[10] Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

I also read Matthew Henry's commentary (I know that several of you respect his interpretation of the Bible). It is as follows...

Commentary on Romans 13:8-10

Christians must avoid useless expense, and be careful not to contract any debts they have not the power to discharge. They are also to stand aloof from all venturesome speculations and rash engagements, and whatever may expose them to the danger of not rendering to all their due. Do not keep in any one's debt. Give every one his own. Do not spend that on yourselves, which you owe to others. But many who are very sensible of the trouble, think little of the sin, of being in debt. Love to others includes all the duties of the second table. The last five of the ten commandments are all summed up in this royal law, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself; with the same sincerity that thou lovest thyself, though not in the same measure and degree. He that loves his neighbour as himself, will desire the welfare of his neighbour. On this is built that golden rule, of doing as we would be done by. Love is a living, active principle of obedience to the whole law. Let us not only avoid injuries to the persons, connexions, property, and characters of men; but do no kind or degree of evil to any man, and study to be useful in every station of life.

To me what it all boils down to...no matter what religion or faith you are is...

We owe no one anything except to love and care for them...if we could only manage to do this...how much of the ills of the world that we live in would be solved.

Seems so simple...yet we somehow can't manage to do this.

Useless expense??? I could not help but think about some of my own useless expenses...did I need those things...or just want them? Did they add to my happiness or just satisfy some temporary urge?

Could I have made better use of my money? The answer to that is simple...I could have loved my neighbor more.

sigh...

Anyway...just wanted to share...even some of us little heathens try to better ourselves! LOL

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

AnnieJ wrote:
I was following along with a conversation on WINLAC this morning...not sure what started it but eventually ended up at civil law vs biblical law. I knew that it was mentioned in the Bible so I went to refresh myself with what it said. Some how in the process I ended up at this verse.
Romans 13:8
[8] Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
My first thought was...is it saying not to have any debt (Owe no man any thing).
To keep it in context I also read verses 9 and 10.
[9] For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[10] Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
I also read Matthew Henry's commentary (I know that several of you respect his interpretation of the Bible). It is as follows...
Commentary on Romans 13:8-10
Christians must avoid useless expense, and be careful not to contract any debts they have not the power to discharge. They are also to stand aloof from all venturesome speculations and rash engagements, and whatever may expose them to the danger of not rendering to all their due. Do not keep in any one's debt. Give every one his own. Do not spend that on yourselves, which you owe to others. But many who are very sensible of the trouble, think little of the sin, of being in debt. Love to others includes all the duties of the second table. The last five of the ten commandments are all summed up in this royal law, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself; with the same sincerity that thou lovest thyself, though not in the same measure and degree. He that loves his neighbour as himself, will desire the welfare of his neighbour. On this is built that golden rule, of doing as we would be done by. Love is a living, active principle of obedience to the whole law. Let us not only avoid injuries to the persons, connexions, property, and characters of men; but do no kind or degree of evil to any man, and study to be useful in every station of life.
To me what it all boils down to...no matter what religion or faith you are is...
We owe no one anything except to love and care for them...if we could only manage to do this...how much of the ills of the world that we live in would be solved.
Seems so simple...yet we somehow can't manage to do this.
Useless expense??? I could not help but think about some of my own useless expenses...did I need those things...or just want them? Did they add to my happiness or just satisfy some temporary urge?
Could I have made better use of my money? The answer to that is simple...I could have loved my neighbor more.
sigh...
Anyway...just wanted to share...even some of us little heathens try to better ourselves! LOL
If everyone in the whole world were to smoke a doobie at the same time, we could have a couple of hours of peace worldwide ...and a great big ice cream party.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

The Son of God Music Ministry
The Jordan River Memorial Stones & other time capsules

John the Baptist: "Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves,‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I tell you that OUT OF THESE STONES God can raise up children for Abraham."

Good afternoon beautiful people... the stones that John was referring to at that time were 12 large memorial stones that was placed near the river centuries before by their Israeli forefathers (Joshua chapters 3 & 4). You see, Joshua and A NEW GENERATION of Israelis were finally about to enter the Promise Land, but they seemingly had a problem ---> The Jordan River had swelled to it's flood stage and when it does that the river would be wide-ranging and threatening. But unlike their fearful parents (who had always complained about Moses and God)... AND LIKE their past Patriarch Abraham... THEY BELIEVED GOD would get them through it and other difficult circumstances. Only two men, and I'm sure their families were allowed to come from the older generation. They were Joshua and Caleb. They had also believed and were faithful to God. So anyways, God had caused the water in the Jordan River to separate for the people's sake... because it was in the way of His Purpose. So the people crossed over the Jordan River on dry ground during it's flood stage and God told them to take 12 stones and leave it as a memorial as to what happened.

He also split the Red Sea. Funny? When God started over with the earth "before Adam & Eve"... the entire earth had no land mass because water had covered the earth. God then split, I mean, separated the waters from the waters, created the sea creatures and later He caused the DRY LAND to appear... Funny? God caused the whole earth to flood again during Noah's time... and again, started over and caused the dry land to appear... and we all have been walking and living on dry ground ever since because God promised that He will not again flood the earth in it's entirety altogether.

So what does it mean that God can raise up from these stones Children for Abraham? It means that God can take out the old and install the new if need be. It can mean, out with the old and in with the new...That's what John the Baptist had come to do... to prepare the hearts of the people for the Messiah... that is, that it was going to be The New Order for Salvation that no new world order can or ever will trump. If one group doesn't take advantage of what God would have them to do... then God can and will start over with a newer generation to fulfil His Purpose. In all of Moses' accomplishments, not even Moses made it into that particular Promised Land... for Moses had disobeyed God at the time when he was almost there. "Anger" was in his way and had gotten the best of him.

So let us remember that God doesn't necessarily need us... we NEED Him... We should be aware that He can start over anytime He wants to... The Good News is, because of what Jesus did on the cross and His Resurrection, is that If we messed up then we can start over with a spirit of true repentance, live again and do it the right way next time (I John 1:9)... that is, to believe God.

What's in your way trying to keep you from entering the Promise Land? Believe God can get your through and past it. And don't forget how He Blessed you now! Smile.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
The Son of God Music Ministry
The Jordan River Memorial Stones & other time capsules
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BGPmMcDeRpMXX
John the Baptist: "Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves,‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I tell you that OUT OF THESE STONES God can raise up children for Abraham."
Good afternoon beautiful people... the stones that John was referring to at that time were 12 large memorial stones that was placed near the river centuries before by their Israeli forefathers (Joshua chapters 3 & 4). You see, Joshua and A NEW GENERATION of Israelis were finally about to enter the Promise Land, but they seemingly had a problem ---> The Jordan River had swelled to it's flood stage and when it does that the river would be wide-ranging and threatening. But unlike their fearful parents (who had always complained about Moses and God)... AND LIKE their past Patriarch Abraham... THEY BELIEVED GOD would get them through it and other difficult circumstances. Only two men, and I'm sure their families were allowed to come from the older generation. They were Joshua and Caleb. They had also believed and were faithful to God. So anyways, God had caused the water in the Jordan River to separate for the people's sake... because it was in the way of His Purpose. So the people crossed over the Jordan River on dry ground during it's flood stage and God told them to take 12 stones and leave it as a memorial as to what happened.
He also split the Red Sea. Funny? When God started over with the earth "before Adam & Eve"... the entire earth had no land mass because water had covered the earth. God then split, I mean, separated the waters from the waters, created the sea creatures and later He caused the DRY LAND to appear... Funny? God caused the whole earth to flood again during Noah's time... and again, started over and caused the dry land to appear... and we all have been walking and living on dry ground ever since because God promised that He will not again flood the earth in it's entirety altogether.
So what does it mean that God can raise up from these stones Children for Abraham? It means that God can take out the old and install the new if need be. It can mean, out with the old and in with the new...That's what John the Baptist had come to do... to prepare the hearts of the people for the Messiah... that is, that it was going to be The New Order for Salvation that no new world order can or ever will trump. If one group doesn't take advantage of what God would have them to do... then God can and will start over with a newer generation to fulfil His Purpose. In all of Moses' accomplishments, not even Moses made it into that particular Promised Land... for Moses had disobeyed God at the time when he was almost there. "Anger" was in his way and had gotten the best of him.
So let us remember that God doesn't necessarily need us... we NEED Him... We should be aware that He can start over anytime He wants to... The Good News is, because of what Jesus did on the cross and His Resurrection, is that If we messed up then we can start over with a spirit of true repentance, live again and do it the right way next time (I John 1:9)... that is, to believe God.
What's in your way trying to keep you from entering the Promise Land? Believe God can get your through and past it. And don't forget how He Blessed you now! Smile.
good explanation
but Quin?
never forget that Jordan wateer are today Modern Gospel overflow around the globe,not abling to enter great crowd rav 7;9
to enter new heaven and new earth(promised land)
God allow only limited number to enter,using 12 stones of Israels,and today spiritual High priests Saints spiritual Israelities 144000(new earth Goverment with Christ as King of Kings)

your biblical quote have also today spiritual fulfilment

be alway focus on Gods Reward,and don't think double
may God always bless you

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I don't need to prove GOD to myself, I think somehow there is a need to try and show others that GOD loves them too, and that they are here for a reason, but perhaps the reason is not real clear right now.
And I do love the Scriptures,(not all of them, I must admit though) and they apply to my life, today, as they applied say, to JOB thousands of years ago. Would I have known about JOB if I did not read the Book?
There are many stories like Job outside the Bible. I find the Jewish poem very beautiful and appropriate for myself. Another time, another place it might make no sense at all.

In as much as nothing in life is a 'one size fits all', I do not believe that "inspired works" can be a 'one size fits all'. I honestly believe that no single religion, no single book, no single interpretation is "The Truth". We are given what we need when we needed it and there is no point in either "rushing" God nor trying to fit our shoes in someone else. We can swap shoes and se if they fit and if they do then we can share them. If not then hug and try on some other shoes.

The problem it seems to me is that far too many people are of the opinion that there shoes are the "only true shoes" and won't even look at another pair let alone try another pair on for size.

Pradaism ?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
If everyone in the whole world were to smoke a doobie at the same time, we could have a couple of hours of peace worldwide ...and a great big ice cream party.
Cheetos. Don't forget the Cheetos. LOTS OF CHEETOS.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Mirror Mirror Face wrote:
<quoted text>Do you see homosexuality as a condition caused by a reprobate mind? If not, then you must also reject these verses in Roman.
Romans 1:24-28
King James Version (KJV)
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
I will have to go back and read my post...but for the life of me...I can not remember it being about homosexuality.

Nope...I went back and read...not a word about homosexuality.

However...if you want to start your own conversation about it I am sure that you will find some who want to discuss it.

Now...if you want to talk about how we spend our money uselessly...instead of possibly in more helpful ways...

That has been on my mind lately...strangely it is where my morning research lead me.

In the process of furnishing a new apartment I have been thinking a lot about what I need vs what I want. Yesterday an event occurred that brought it all home.

I'll save the story though...since I don't believe that using our money in more useful ways was in your agenda in your post to me.

Have a great day though.

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Mirror Mirror Face wrote:
<quoted text>Really, is that why there is so much crime and violence associated with drug use and drug use at parties?
Who said anything about drug use?
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

This video is a 'must see' for anyone pondering what if will take to suceed in making a better life for themsselves: http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2012/11/03/m...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hukt on Fonix 730,542
lesbian sexting 12 min fucker5559076 7
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Anthony MN 537,286
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min USA-1 117,866
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 39 min bad bob 172,991
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 51 min GodFreeByChoice 5,344
Last Word + 2 58 min Tender Mercies 423
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Charlie Sheen 259,373

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••