Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#466125 Nov 2, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Touching.
I can't leave a hearticon so I'll just offer a virtual hug.
My family used to say no one is truly dead as long as someone lovingly remembers them.
I agree both in what your family says and that Serah's post was touching. That is what this room was always about regardless of its problems, it was sincere. Some people may read my last post and think 'why be a jerk if ppl want to have fun? Cause it is all part and parcell to an overall climate of gimmics, ccharades, games, and deception that has become the norm on Topix. If grown adults wanna do that there is a section called Offbeat in Topix. Posts like Serah's used to be the norm but people hardly share in here anymore cus its become more a joke than serious. Well it is what it is I guess.(T) Peace

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#466128 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Touching.
I can't leave a hearticon so I'll just offer a virtual hug.
My family used to say no one is truly dead as long as someone lovingly remembers them.
Thanks G, virtual hugs are grand, and I like your family saying..... lovingly remembered are indeed beauty filled words :)

#466129 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that Jesus is never recorded as calling himself perfect or sinless. He could have been everything modern Christianity claims He is, He simply never said so.
I am not sure how to explain this but I will try. I believe my father loved me although he never said those words to me. I do not need to look through old papers in the attic and try and convice myself (or others) that he wrote it down somewhere. I have faith in myself and my father, I need nothing more.
I do not understand why people who believe God loves them need so much proof. To my mind the more one needs to prove it, the less likely it is that they believe it. Much like an abused child searches desperately for any scrap of evidence to prove that their abuser actually loved them.
These things I have come to believe about God and Jesus do not need to be proved by dusty old papers, I have faith in myself, God and Jesus. What more could I want ?
I don't need to prove GOD to myself, I think somehow there is a need to try and show others that GOD loves them too, and that they are here for a reason, but perhaps the reason is not real clear right now.

And I do love the Scriptures,(not all of them, I must admit though) and they apply to my life, today, as they applied say, to JOB thousands of years ago. Would I have known about JOB if I did not read the Book?

#466130 Nov 3, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like a very spiritual experience and soothing emotional one. What a great approach you and your family have to it. Glad you are back, I have missed you.(T) PEACE
Thanks Skom; the first thing I wanted to do was to write in here what a grand experience it has been; a trek of 7 hours of driving to get there and to end up where we did, and 7 hours of extreme bonding and growing for my daughter and myself. Perhaps, maybe, I have grown a touch?

PEACE to you too, and again thanks, it is good to be 'home'

(((*_*)))

#466131 Nov 3, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I agree both in what your family says and that Serah's post was touching. That is what this room was always about regardless of its problems, it was sincere. Some people may read my last post and think 'why be a jerk if ppl want to have fun? Cause it is all part and parcell to an overall climate of gimmics, ccharades, games, and deception that has become the norm on Topix. If grown adults wanna do that there is a section called Offbeat in Topix. Posts like Serah's used to be the norm but people hardly share in here anymore cus its become more a joke than serious. Well it is what it is I guess.(T) Peace
but we are still here, Skom, sharing our love :)

Aint love grand??

#466132 Nov 3, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
Tis once more the midnight hour
Time to go.
Good night
sweet dreams
God Bless all.
Sweet dreams of Angels and Ladders in the sand to you, Lil W :)

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#466136 Nov 3, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
?!?
ya got me...
:)
How's is go ,Ken?
Hey Jack,
Why for ?...is nothing more than a place marker.

It's not secret code or some sort of elaborate conspiracy ...just a simple place marker as I try to learn Firefox. I have WSJLM bookmarked, but I haven't figured out how to save this page in place of the last page I saved.

I started using Firefox for the AdBlock and spellcheck. I recently downloaded AdBlock for IE which is what I'm using now ...but I have to use WordWeb for spelling ...which is no big deal, just a couple more keystrokes.

Anywho ...was glad to learn you weathered the storm. The roving gangs of looters is a shame. I remember my Uncle telling me of the same in Homestead after Andrew. I went down with a semi load of ice and stopped by their place before I left. He'd loaded his pistol and kept it with him at all times. He was a vet of WWII ...he would protect himself and my Aunt if need be.

He was my favorite ...gave me my love of fishing, photography, conservation, simplicity in general. I miss him ...

You take care Jack.

hu

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#466137 Nov 3, 2012
Good Morning....

“He was a dreamer, a thinker,
a speculative philosopher…
or,
as his wife would have it,
an idiot.”

Douglas Adams

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#466138 Nov 3, 2012
"Dear God,

let us not be weary in well-doing nor slack in recognizing where we would be without You. Please forgive us of our sins, as you have promised through the blood of Jesus. Help us to be strong in the faith and to lean into Jesus in our human weakness. In your presence is fullness and joy...and we want to soak it in like the dry and cracked ground absorbs a slow, steady rain. May our minds be as sponges, filling up with your living water, your Word. May our cups run over with your goodness, mercy, and blessings as we trust in you today and every day. Thank you so much for everything. In the name of the Savior Jesus Christ we pray, amen."

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#466139 Nov 3, 2012
Encouraging Words.....

“So you see, faith by itself isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.”

James 2:17

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#466140 Nov 3, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Annie;
Hope you are well and happy.Thank you for posting this.Love is written in every line.God bless you.
I see you changed your Avatar to the Mountain behind you...Awesome LW....

You are coming along in your computer skills....LOL

Have a great day LW....Love ya

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#466141 Nov 3, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
We have just arrived home, had an absolute ball in the cemetery ~ started Thursday night when I was looking everywhere to buy some plastic flowers to take for the 3 graves, couldn't find any so decided to pick some of my own beautiful roses and take them with me. Picked them and popped them in containers of water, prepared the aluminum foils to wrap them in, put them in a insulated bag ready for the long journey into hot dry land.
When we drove up to Mum's grave (which still only has the white wooden cross as we are waiting for the headstone) there sitting in the middle of the 'road' was a beautiful, new bunch of plastic flowers that had obviously blown over and out of their container. I put them back in their box, and popped them in front of Mum's cross, took some photos and then put them to the side. I didn't want anyone thinking we had stolen their flowers, but it was just such a wonderful sight that I had to make the most of it.
We put our little posies of our red and white roses in front of the cross, went to my Grandfather's grave, and put in his posies, and took a few photos.... Then walked over to the tiny grave of my sister and put our little posy into the little duck that is sitting on her grave, the little pot for the flowers!! I have already shared the photo of Jill's grave on FB and will upload the others as I get time.
My daughter has no regrets that she shares her birthday with the day her Grandfather 'gave up his ghost'; she thinks of it as a double celebration. It was a grand trip, Skom, and will remain in my memories forever. I am also happy to have shared the experience in here, before and after, because it is giving me the excuse to relive it!
Take care, and may GOD Bless us all, we are indeed all HIS Children, Serah
Hi Friend.....

I saw the pictures.....That part of Australia is dry isn't it?...Is it far into the Outback?....Did you see any kangeroos?....I'm glad the family had a bonding expeirence. Didn't you say that is where you will be interred also?
You know Life is but a VAPOR....That is why we MUST live it the biblical way....LOVE one another!!

GOD Bless!!!!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#466142 Nov 3, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
....anything to get ones 'goat', all he's about..
How are you ,Scott?
Yeah that is very "christian" of him isn't it? I'm doing well John, how are you doing my friend?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#466143 Nov 3, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
"Dear God,
let us not be weary in well-doing nor slack in recognizing where we would be without You. Please forgive us of our sins, as you have promised through the blood of Jesus. Help us to be strong in the faith and to lean into Jesus in our human weakness. In your presence is fullness and joy...and we want to soak it in like the dry and cracked ground absorbs a slow, steady rain. May our minds be as sponges, filling up with your living water, your Word. May our cups run over with your goodness, mercy, and blessings as we trust in you today and every day. Thank you so much for everything. In the name of the Savior Jesus Christ we p
Prime Time with God
Amen, good prayer.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#466144 Nov 3, 2012
Peace_Warrior wrote:
(((*()*)))
Koala hugs Serah, Lawest, anybody. I have to go climb a tree, or pass out on eucalyptus with this flu.
OK...I accept your Koala hug....(((*()

And raise you a Sister In Christ Hug.....>>>>>P_ W_<<<<<

((*L-))

On the Road

Shalom

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#466145 Nov 3, 2012
PW....

Did you read this yesterday? I thought of you when it said "Don't shoot butterflies with rifles"....

A Recipe For Sanity

Are you worsted in a fight? Laugh it off.
Are you cheated of your right? laugh it off.
Don’t make tragedy of trifles,
Don’t shoot butterflies with rifles. Laugh it off. Does your work get into kinks? Laugh it off.
Are you near all sorts of brinks? Laugh it off.
If it’s sanity you’re after, There’s no recipe like laughter, Laugh it off.

~ Henry Rutherford Elliot

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#466146 Nov 3, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Crews are coming from many different areas of the country, the region can use all the help it can get at this time. Cell towers are still spotty in many areas, but my brother has been able to get out some texts,and thing ain't pretty. Some inlaws almost had their generator stolen right off their back patio, a neighbor stopped them(who btw they are sharing power with). Roving gangs looking for easy pickings in the confusion and in another's misfortune.
This event is a reason I left(one of many), Long Island is a bottleneck through NYC , the city is your only way out and off the Island should a disaster strike(or, you could "borrow" someones boat and go to Conn.). 9/11 was a wake up call, I remember telling family members I'll be stepping up plans to get back "home" (Pa.)- and was within a year and a half.
See you changed your avatar too, a picture of the 'back 40'?
Did you hear that in New Jersey they turned some lineman away (from the South) becasue they weren't Union workers?

I have seen some previews of "The Long Island Medium"...And does she have a accent....Does your family?

BTW....Happy Belated Birthday

#466147 Nov 3, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Friend.....
I saw the pictures.....That part of Australia is dry isn't it?...Is it far into the Outback?....Did you see any kangeroos?....I'm glad the family had a bonding expeirence. Didn't you say that is where you will be interred also?
You know Life is but a VAPOR....That is why we MUST live it the biblical way....LOVE one another!!
GOD Bless!!!!
HI Friend :)

It is dry up there, about 2.5 hours driving into the outback, and we did see kangaroos although sadly, a lot of them were road kill.

That is where I want to end up, there is breathing space up there, and you are right, Loving one another and sharing GOD's Blessings is the best thing we can do for each other :)

#466148 Nov 3, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK...I accept your Koala hug....(((*()
And raise you a Sister In Christ Hug.....>>>>>P_ W_<<<<<
((*L-))
On the Road
Shalom
Ahh; just saw that Irrira has the dreaded flu, and I too accept and return the Koala hugs.... and of course, a Sister in Christ Hug to boot

(((*_*)))

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#466149 Nov 3, 2012
Have a great day today....It will be 75 and Sunny here

God Bless....Love ya'll

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Gods r Delusions ... 584,512
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min Lyndi 176,532
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min TRD 121,669
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min BenAdam 828,896
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Porkpie Hat 270,686
Top and bottom 36 min Bikram gill 1
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 49 min Freebird USA 9,347
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 54 min duststorm 442,893
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr Theswamiji 6,310
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr RiccardoFire 3,628
More from around the web