Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#465892 Nov 1, 2012
Chapter 148

'Tell me now: the Pharisees of today, are they [really] Pharisees? are they servants of God? Surely not! Yes, and I say to you truly, that there is nothing worse here upon earth than [when] a man covers himself with [the] profession and garb of religion [in order] to cover his wickedness. I will tell you one single example of the Pharisees of old time, in order that you may know the present ones. After the departure of Elijah, because of the great persecution by idolaters, that holy congregation of Pharisees was dispersed. For in that same time of Elijah more than ten thousand prophets who were true Pharisees were slain in one year.

Two Pharisees went into the mountains to dwell there, and one [of them] abode fifteen years knowing nothing of his neighbour, although they were but one hour's journey apart. See then if they were inquisitive! It came to pass that there arose a drought on those mountains, and so both set themselves to search for water, and so they found each other. The more aged [one] said - for it was their custom that the eldest should speak before every other, and they held it a great sin for a young man to speak before an old one - the elder, therefore, said:'Where do you dwell, brother?' He answered, pointing out the dwelling with his finger:'I dwell here'(for they were near to the dwelling of the younger.)

The elder said:'How long [have] you dwelt here, brother?' The younger answered:'Fifteen years.' The elder said:'Perhaps you came [here] when Ahab slew the servants of God?''Even so,' replied the younger. The elder said:'O brother, do you know who is now king of Israel?' The younger answered:'It is God that is King of Israel, for the idolaters are not kings but persecutors of Israel.''It is true,' said the elder, "but I meant to say, who is it that now persecutes Israel?'

The younger answered:'The sins of Israel persecute Israel, because, if they had not sinned,[God] would not have raised the idolatrous princes up against Israel.' Then the elder said:'Who is that infidel prince whom God has sent for the chastisement of Israel?' The younger answered:'How should I know, seeing [that for] these fifteen years I have not seen any man except you, and I do not know how to read so no letters are sent to me?' The elder said:'[But] how new are your sheepskins! Who has given them to you, if you have not seen any man?'
Adam

#465893 Nov 1, 2012
Chapter 118

Then Jesus said: "You speak the truth, for now was Israel desirous to establish the idolatry that they have in their hearts, in holding me for God, many of whom have now despised my teaching, saying that I could make myself lord of all Judea, if I confessed myself to be God, and that I am mad to wish to live in poverty among desert places, and not abide continually among princes in delicate living. Oh hapless man, that prizes the light that is common to flies and ants and despises the light that is common only to angels and prophets and holy friends of God!

If, then, the eye shall not be guarded, O Andrew, I tell you that it is impossible not to fall headlong into lust. Wherefore Jeremiah the prophet, weeping vehemently, said truly: "My eye is a thief that robs my soul." For therefore did David our father pray with greatest longing to God our Lord that he would turn away his eyes in order that he might not behold vanity. For truly everything which has an end is vain. Tell me, then, if one had two pence to buy bread, would he spend it to buy smoke? Assuredly not, seeing that smoke does hurt to the eyes and gives no sustenance to the body. Even so then let man do, for with the outward sight of his eyes and the inward sight of his mind he should seek to know God his creator and the good pleasure of his will, and should not make the creature his end, which causes him to lose the creator.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#465894 Nov 1, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I will let you know when I think because of that I should ignore someone making a mockery of the Bible with their plagiarism while including verses, adding to and taking away from scripture (which next to pissing on the Bible or burning it is about the worst thing you can do)....
So you understand my problem with John then ? <smile>
Adam

#465896 Nov 1, 2012
Chapter 70

Jesus departed from Jerusalem after the Passover, and entered into the borders of Caesarea Philippi. Whereupon, the angel Gabriel having told him of the sedition which was beginning among the common people, he asked his disciples, saying: "What do men say of me?" They said: "Some say that you are Elijah, others Jeremiah, and others one of the old prophets." Jesus answered: "And you; what say you that I am?" Peter answered: "You are Christ, son of God."

Then was Jesus angry, and with anger rebuked him, saying: "Begone and depart from me, because you are the devil and seek to cause me offences And he threatened the eleven, saying: "Woe to you if you believe this, for I have won from God a great curse against those who believe this." And he was fain to cast away Peter; whereupon the eleven besought Jesus for him, who cast him not away, but again rebuked him saying: "Beware that never again you say such words, because God would reprobate you!" Peter wept and said: "Lord, I have spoken foolishly; beseech God that he pardon me."

Then Jesus said: "If our God willed not to show himself to Moses his servant, nor to Elijah whom he so loved, nor to any prophet, will you think that God should show himself to this faithless generation? But know you not that God has created all things of nothing with one single word, and all men have had their origin out of a piece of clay? Now, how shall God have likeness to man? Woe to those who suffer themselves to be deceived of Satan!" And having said this, Jesus besought God for Peter, the eleven and Peter weeping, and saying: "So be it, so be it, O blessed Lord our God." Afterwards Jesus departed and went into Galilee, in order that this vain opinion which the common folk began to hold concerning him might be extinguished.
Adam

#465899 Nov 1, 2012
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
where from you quote those passages?
they sounds untruthful or uninspired sense fullness writers of Jesus sayings in old koine greek language
Gospel of Barnebas

The sinners must repent to god, the creator and Say "Lord, my God, I have sinned, have mercy upon me,
and God will pardon you and restore you to your first state.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#465900 Nov 1, 2012
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I readed your post
let me tell you?
this cyber pig skom and spiritual criminal twisting Bible,
is not able to do anything,only abuse employers in TOPIX MOD working part time, who is able to remove or ban someone for only few hours during time of work of skom pig friends
this criminal is not really their friend,because he put them under danger for braking regulamins of Topix employer,and employer is able to suspen or fire those unhonest part time employers-engineers of Topix Mod
I can not stand this piece of devil cyber trush and coward damaging old honest christians from posting,ban them
and put hateful blame and guil against someone else,or me?
he should be happy,that cyber space gave him to run his f.....face aginst others
but on this coward skombolis aka RA aka Bll
time is left short, his place is separation from christians human Society- just isolated cell prison
Romans 2:1 fits them real well,if thats not calling the kettle black than I do not know what does.
One thing for diffently sure one reaps what one sows.
I say this because look at Samuel 16:7 and Luke 16:15
God is not to be mocked tis no game with God.Hinder not one of his children.Walk in the light not darkness.Do the walk for him and not man.Just my opinion.
Adam

#465901 Nov 1, 2012
@dr Shrink

And let your words be these:

"O Lord our God, hallowed be your holy name, your kingdom come in us, your will be done always, and as it is done in heaven so be it done in earth; give us the bread for every day, and forgive us our sins, as we forgive them that sin against us, and suffer us not to fall into temptations, but deliver us from evil, for you are alone our God, to whom pertains glory and honour for ever."

Chapter 38

O Lord our God, hallowed be your holy name, your kingdom come in us, your will be done always, and as it is done in heaven so be it done in earth; give us the bread for every day, and forgive us our sins, as we forgive them that sin against us, and suffer us not to fall into temptations, but deliver us from evil, for you are alone our God, to whom pertains glory and honour for ever.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#465902 Nov 1, 2012
The Son of God Music Ministry
Worth

Jesus: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

...THE SECOND is this:‘Love your neighbor AS YOURSELF’... There is no commandment greater than these.”

I remember when President Obama and his wife, Michelle, made great efforts in trying to bring the 2016 Summer Olympics to Chicago... Oprah even showed up. But in that effort they lost the bid. But as vigorous and energetic as they were in trying to do so they lost the bid.

So then there were a whole lot of pundits around the globe who were blasting and mocking him for getting too involved with the Olympic process and making such accusations trying to use celebrity & other political influences.

After a few days... The President received news that he had won the Nobel Peace Prize. Now with all the wonderful achievements that The President has had in his career in which he deservedly worked so hard to obtain...well, even he was at a loss as to why he won the award - even though the Nobel Committee gave him and everyone a reason as to why.

So anyways, it took quite a bit of self-worth to help him get over the hump of certain negative influences in life into where he's at now in his career... but he didn't feel like he was worthy enough for that particular award. But he "graciously" accepted it, gave it to charity and sent more troops to Afghanistan.

Similarly, that's how everyone should believe, I think. We ought to love ourselves also.. have self-worth and know that we are created in God's image like HU stressed upon... and still yet, certain Believers recognize that they are at a loss as to why they deserve such a great honor. They can only guesstimate the love of God and know within themselves that they are not at all worthy of such an honor of God sending His Son to die for us in order to gain us salvation. But... they graciously accept it and show their appreciation by "giving" of thanks.

For it is by God's "Grace" ---> thru faith in which we are saved...

I think the self-worth/unworthiness problem comes in when we go to extremes. There ought to be a a level-headed balance such as Jesus had stated above.

"...what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?

...You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor."

Psalms 8

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#465903 Nov 1, 2012
Have a good day everyone, apologize for some of the redundancy in my last post... take care.

Quin
Adam

#465904 Nov 1, 2012
endtime wrote:
PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6z-v0iNbVBwXX&feature=plc p
Obama is a member of Illuminati which is Satan´s biggest work. Sad but true

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#465905 Nov 1, 2012
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a member of Illuminati which is Satan´s biggest work. Sad but true
There is no longer an organization "The Illuminati".

Now if you want a conspiracy theory grounded in reality then I would suggest looking up The Bilderburg Group and Skull and Bones.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#465906 Nov 1, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 2:1 fits them real well,if thats not calling the kettle black than I do not know what does.
One thing for diffently sure one reaps what one sows.
I say this because look at Samuel 16:7 and Luke 16:15
God is not to be mocked tis no game with God.Hinder not one of his children.Walk in the light not darkness.Do the walk for him and not man.Just my opinion.
Hmm, and who was it that just a few hours ago was commenting on others gossiping lil?

You're a real hypocrite lil!!!

Location hidden

#465907 Nov 1, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom.
lil reminds me of the way my sister in law use to be. She was what I like to call a Sunday religious fanatic. On Sunday she'd go to church, act real religious while she was there, and do the church thing for the hour and a half she was that she was there. But the second she walked out the door the real her would return.
She was just like Judas. She'd kiss you on the cheek, tell you she loved you, than the first chance she got she would turn around and stab you in the back. Thank God she has changed some over the years that I've known here. She is some what better at not being like that now. But I still wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her.
Time for me to call it a night. Have a good one. God bless.
I was not the one talking about a sister in law but you were.
Talk about a hyprocite.Awwwe an old wolf in sheeps skin.
You made yourself into a gossip and backbiter.

Location hidden

#465908 Nov 1, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, and who was it that just a few hours ago was commenting on others gossiping lil?
You're a real hypocrite lil!!!
You need to worry about your hypocriticial way before you clean my door step.You slandered your own sister in law afew post ago.Talk about a black pot calling the another kettle black.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#465909 Nov 1, 2012
Courage is Faith in action, when faced with what seems impossible.

1 John 5

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

&fe ature=related
Even Eagles need a Push

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#465910 Nov 1, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to worry about your hypocriticial way before you clean my door step.You slandered your own sister in law afew post ago.Talk about a black pot calling the another kettle black.
News flash lil. If you're telling the "TRUTH" about what someone said or did it isn't slander. And what I said about my sister in law is 100% the "TRUTH".
_______

slan·der
n.
1. Law Oral communication of "FALSE" statements injurious to a person's reputation.
2. A "FALSE" and malicious statement or report about someone.
_______

You might want to bookmark that for future reference lil. It may keep you from looking foolish like you did in your above post when you clearly had no idea what "slandering" someone means.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#465911 Nov 1, 2012
I don't want to debate who is saved and who is not. But like Jesus and the prostitute - when those who would judge her - he appealed...

John 8
7 ----- "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. "

I would make this appeal...

Mark 10
28 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.

29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,

30 but he shall receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

Many condemn this statement of Jesus.
I commend any one try it.
After that... comes the true Grace God bestows.
For this reason, I do not judge.

Location hidden

#465912 Nov 1, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
News flash lil. If you're telling the "TRUTH" about what someone said or did it isn't slander. And what I said about my sister in law is 100% the "TRUTH".
_______
slan·der
n.
1. Law Oral communication of "FALSE" statements injurious to a person's reputation.
2. A "FALSE" and malicious statement or report about someone.
_______
You might want to bookmark that for future reference lil. It may keep you from looking foolish like you did in your above post when you clearly had no idea what "slandering" someone means.
Well,what you said about your sister in law is injurious to her reputation whether it was false or true.It is still gossiping a busy body tongue.All uncalled for with excuses on your part.Shame on you Mr RA is no need of this sort of behavior toward a sister in law no matter what type of person she maybe.Sad part you done it for the world to see.Which speaks volumes of you and what type of person you are.I given you my opinion straight up now you need to get away from me period.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#465913 Nov 1, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Doc ya gotta keep in mind a few things. One being once it came down to the presidential election people still were going to vote first for party and policies they think are best for them. Just as many men of color voted for Clinton. 2nd the primary was a toss up for a long time between a white woman (Hilary) and a black man. Both things signified we have gotten a lot more progressive as a country and no longer are letting meaningless barriers matter so much. 3rd there'd have been nothing wrong w/ women feeling a sense of historical accomplishment if Hilary won and nothing wrong w/ those in the black community feeling the same about Obama.it doesnt mean they hate anyone, just happy for someone they feel represents them as for too long certain groups never had a voice..But color wasnt the main reason as history shows regardless of color the sapppme parties would get support from mostly the same ppl they have in the past.(T) PEACE
This is an excellent and well thought out commentary Skom, worthy of a re-post.

Peace.

Location hidden

#465914 Nov 1, 2012
But mark this;There will be terrible times in the last days.People will be lovers of themselves,
lovers of money,boastful,proud,abusive,d isobedient
of their parents,ungratful,unholy,witho ut love,
unforgiving,slanderous,without self control,brutal
not lovers of the good,tracherous,rash,sonceited
lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
having form of godliness but denying it power.Have
nothing to do with them.They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak willed women,who are loaded down with sin and are
swayed by all kind of evil desires always learning but never to acknowledge the truth.Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses so also these men oppose the truth men of depraved minds who as far as the faith is concerned are rejected.But they will not get very far because as in the case of those men their folly will be clear to everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Jim-ca 24,538
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Robert F 685,465
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min REMEMBER DETROIT 985,608
OVERWHELMED...by God's blessings 43 min PrinceofDarkness 8
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 1 hr REMEMBER DETROIT 22
submissive women are the best for me (Nov '08) 2 hr Cher in canada 182
blue eyed girl 6 hr tishab 2
More from around the web