|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
It looks like South Carolina was Blessed enough to dodge another weather related catastrophy in hurricane Sandy for the most parts, but our sincere heart felt prayers go out to all who are in harms way.
May God Bless protect and keep them safe and sheltered.
I agree with your Prayer....

What do yo think of the Security breach of 3 million South Carolina residents...Social Security numbers and Credit and Debit numbers....? I have signed up to the free Experion credit "watch"....SAD isnt it????

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Will check back later....Hope everyone has a GOOD one....Keep our Americans affected by the Storm in Prayer....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning to you Epi...MOTN for me. I should go back to bed.
Morning AJ.....

Yes it must be 3 AM for you....Go back and get more sleep...(If you can)

Love ya
samostojna MK

Canberra, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Jesus never met you, so how do you explain his love for humanity? And thats what church want to say.
I think Jesus had enough with humanity, so he concocted a plan. Many philosophys say he did not die on that cross. Reason being, he was hanging on it one night. Not even that long. While other criminals roted on the wood. Birds eating their flesh.
Jesus was taken downway before he lost to much blood.
You can not blame whole Roman nation or Jewish nation for few elite who disliked Jesus lectures, which were against slavery.
Jesus recovered, being a doctor herbalist, and philosopher, meaning one smart dood, he survived.
But that I'll live for Columbo to figure out.

“Be Nice. Play Nice”

Since: Aug 11

Christ Wins

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>If you read his last few posts one might almost get the impression he valued some people in here and they didnt take a back seat every single time to his 2 year obsessive vendetta. He made his bed about 1000 times over. Maybe he will learn something from it finally as he wouldnt listen to anyone else. Or maybe not. Guess time will tell.
Good Morning Internet stranger.
I am making this post through Francess's unwanted account to explain something you don't appear to understand at all.
A big difference between you and I is that you pursue "love" through your computer. I pursue love through human interaction. Your proved that when you rejected human interaction last Christmas day for computer love in which you spent your day arguing. You have proved that you don't understand love in reality. If you did then you wouldn't make the dreadful mistakes that you do.
My posts to Epiphany2 and Annie resulted due to looking back at my favourite moments posting on Topix. Those are the two who contributed towards them. I spoke about the family you don't know that you slander and lie about. You chose hatred lies and slander.
I had forgotten about this account. Christine reminded me of it last night, when she said what her favourite moment is of posting on Topix. It is the day that she Francess and I posted together about families posting together on the Internet. She made a mess of it and didn't stick to the script but made it much more fun doing so.
Computer love can not replace the true love of reality.

Now. with regard to the topix moderators. Had you and Red Apples had slandered their loved ones in the same vile ways you have been slandering ours then you would have been thrown out of your "computer love" in seconds. They have made a nonsense of topix very own Terms of Service. They have permitted your abuse to continue.
You certainly come unstuck when it comes to God's rules. You continue to dismiss Christ in his sufferings. The great sacrifice he made of himself. When Christ is truly in your heart sin won't be.
But sin is the choice of the pair of you. When you stated Micah never lied, you revealed you don't know truth from lies. Yet you think you can be a judger of hearts. You are your very own worst enemy.

John of the Jaws Family.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Epiphany2 wrote:
Will check back later....Hope everyone has a GOOD one....Keep our Americans affected by the Storm in Prayer....
Good morning Epi.

With the dawning a new day the devastation of the storm is really coming to light. Some of the images and stories being told this morning are truly heart breaking. My heart felt prayers go out to everyone affected by this storm.

We are even feeling the affects from the outer bands of the storm here in Indiana. We had snow late last night and early this morning. Thankfully it didn't stick to the ground. Now it's raining. We've also had sustained winds of 35 m.p.h. with gusts up to 60 m.p.h. But nothing as bad as it was and is on the east coast. I hope everyone will keep those affected by this storm in your prayers.

Have a great day. God bless.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think true repentance would come with some effort towards amends or no?
Yes, of course. I've understood some time ago that though one repents, it does not mean that they are altogether left unpunished by God ---> Jeremiah 30:11.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I am not concerned about whether God forgives Gary.
Personally (and I'm sure you might agree)... I sincerely hope that Gary truly repents. God forgave me for my misdeeds, and I'm sure God has forgiven you at some point for your own misdeeds... so I hope He forgives Gary also for his misdeeds.

As far as repentance is concerned, some people are great in instantly expressing what is on their hearts in very great detail, others IMHO, thru whatever their prior circumstance, experiences or upbringing aren't as quick or adept to meet others approval quick enough. But obviously God knows at what point or level when one is truly sorry for the mess they made.

Obviously, I'm one of those who believe that there is a hell and that people can go there without genuine repentance (whether they be called a Christian or not). I don't have any desire for myself or anyone else to go to that horrible place, but according to the scriptures many will go there, it is inevitable. So forgiveness is central.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I am more concerned about what people are doing that no longer can survive, that quit jobs, that pulled kids out of schools, that gave up pensions, etc.
Naturally, my friend. There are civil remedies that can be pursued by those who were perpetrated by the fraud. This of course, is the aftermath of some cults or some misapplied doctrine over the centuries. History merely repeats itself and nothing is new under the sun except that we are all here in another era and system. For the rest of us, all we can do is warn others and hope others take heed from the same dangers. Christians have added responsibilities. Matthew 18:15/Galatians 6:1/Matthew 18:35 among others.

Part 1 (Next question coming up)

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

By the way Skom Good Morning to you... I had a reply written about almost an hour ago, lost it in Topix and obviously had to remember what I wrote... so pasting my reply in Word this time... Can't stay long my friend... homeschool.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me my friend you believe he has a responsibility here to try to make right what he done.Or does he just get to say "oops" and move on?
Yes and no. If I'm not mistaken I believe Gary was tricked also. He went through that same, particular mental conditioning that those other victims had gone thru. And IMHO, thru whatever validation he needed he gave it his all and I think he genuinely believed in those dates. Now if Gary continues in selling Camping then shame on him... it would be as the Bible says (paraphrase).. "a dog returning to it's own vomit."

But I rather pray and hope that he comes out & recovers from that mess... not just him but others also.

Let me ask you this. Now this is to no one in particular. Let's say a person goes into a bar looking to hook up. They are very promisuous and eventually gets HIV but they are unaware of it. So they continue in that lifestyle and others who this person had sex with had lower immune systems so they died early or passed it on to their siblings. Eventually, they find out they have contracted the disease... Did that person have a part in the others' misfortune? Yes of course. Should they be held guilty though they did it unwittingly?

Now if they continue in that same lifestyle "knowingly" then the answer is obviously yes.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, of course. I've understood some time ago that though one repents, it does not mean that they are altogether left unpunished by God ---> Jeremiah 30:11.
Well this is about the restoration of Israel, a promise God made long ago and in which he declared in Romans that even the spiritually blind who for the time being would be considered enemies of the gospel would eventually be saved as 2Peter shows the Lord is waiting and wants all of Israel to come to repentance.

So It may simply be a middle ground for a people promised to be saved. The Lord won't condemn them but he certainly isn't going to let them sin with impunity either. For the rest of us I would think anything short of total repentance is not going to end well. JMO on that. Regardless though, we agree he would need to repent

I am going to answer some of these in separate posts

Good morning to you as well btw. I saw that in the next post:)

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Does he not owe an explanation to why he hung onto all his things while convincing others to give up all they had? This has nothing to do with forgiveness .
If this is true to a larger extent, then it certainly raises a question to his own validity and calculations. Also if true, then confessing one sins to one another and truly being sorry is part of the forgiveness/repentance process.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> This has nothing to do with "I told you so". Heck we knew he was wrong years ago, it is not like we had to wait till May and Oct came and went.This is about his victims.
But we also knew ahead of time that there were going to be victims.

Perhaps unknowingly, you and others helped to steer others clear before those dooms day dates. At the very least, the discourse may have helped them to prepare ahead of time, just in case.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> And I don't believe you get to destroy lives and expect God to believe you are sorry when you make zero effort to try to make right what you have done and that goes for Gary or anyone.
I'll just say that it best to leave vengeance to the Lord. I myself should have known that a long time ago. Other than that, warn others, help others seek forgiveness or the victims should seek civil remedies. JMO.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Personally (and I'm sure you might agree)... I sincerely hope that Gary truly repents. God forgave me for my misdeeds, and I'm sure God has forgiven you at some point for your own misdeeds... so I hope He forgives Gary also for his misdeeds.
I agree but probably not for the reasons you might think.If Gary repents (and true repentance men effort towards amends IMO) than that is a good thing for his victims. If God decides to save him that is obviously God's call.I certainly would never question God's judgement or begrudge his decision to save Gary.Although I can say in all honestly I don't think I would shed any tears if the man never repented and from what I have seen from him he will not

This is a man he mocked the idea of needing to help others physically as well as spiritually.A man who lost no sleep over people starving to death or knowing how much good they could do simply in diverting even a small percentage of their funds for less billboards and helping people make it to the next day and not caring in the least as it would disrupt the pyramid scheme.This is a man who witnesses for self as it fed his own ego because he got off on being looked up to by people less knowledgeable and also because he felt it was proof he was saved. As time went on I became convinced he could care less about the outcome of those he witnessed to, he did it for himself. The only reason he wanted converts was because it reinforced to him his notion of his being a teacher and a prophet.

This is a man who to feed his own ego would deny a starving man food and make him wait like a dog waiting for a biscuit after performing a trick. A man who would tell a starving person they can have the uneaten portion of his lunch only after they sit through his entire sermon.A man who afterwards felt justified in never helping others again because this man become angry half-way through God only knows how long and left because apparently even being hungry was not enough for this man to pretend to swallow Gary's garbage and I say kudos for that.

This was a man with no empathy for others imo.A man who hated people quite frankly and wanted the rapture to come so his enemies and the scoffers would finally get theirs.It was his revenge fantasy. And that is the best case scenario. The worst is this was a bitter, jaded con-man who decided at some point he would profit off of those stupid enough to make the same mistakes he did. So will I shed tears if this man does not repent? No.I have found him to be one of the worst human beings i have ever come across.But if he does repent then the rules are the rules and I wouldn't presume to to try to weigh the sins of others any differently than my own. But the man repulses me morally.Not just for his sins but the decades he has been practicing them and his total lack of human emotion or concern for others makes it hard for me to feel any for him. Just being honest

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as repentance is concerned, some people are great in instantly expressing what is on their hearts in very great detail, others IMHO, thru whatever their prior circumstance, experiences or upbringing aren't as quick or adept to meet others approval quick enough. But obviously God knows at what point or level when one is truly sorry for the mess they made.
I don't think time is the issue, he has had plenty.I think he simply is incapable of empathy for others. And while on some intellectual level he knows he is to pretend to care to some degree and will make a one-time allowance pride-wise to say something meaningless like he is sorry for his victims and then never talk about it again, I think he doesn't feel bad for them at all.Like he said, the blind leading the blind. Suddenly he goes from leader and teacher and prophet to just one of many who was wrong so he feels he should shoulder no responsibility for others. How convenient. But more so than getting himself of the hook, he simply doesn't care.
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, I'm one of those who believe that there is a hell and that people can go there without genuine repentance (whether they be called a Christian or not). I don't have any desire for myself or anyone else to go to that horrible place, but according to the scriptures many will go there, it is inevitable. So forgiveness is central.
<quoted text>
I believe more towards annihilation. However I will say this, there are people who lost their lives over what he did.People who were lost and on the wrong path spiritually because of what he did.People who may not be saved for what he did. If he doesn't repent, he deserves no better fate than they received. And to my way of thinking he is extremely and I mean extremely fortunate he has the option to do so which others, thanks in part to him, do not.
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Naturally, my friend. There are civil remedies that can be pursued by those who were perpetrated by the fraud.)
Those remedies will prove useless. The inner circle played Camping to profit but to win a lawsuit not only they would have to prove HC knew he was perpetrating a fraud and did so to profit, their would also have to be the funds to pay out the victims.I don't see how they get past the first hurdle without some sort of internal memo or confession and no reason to think that is coming.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text> If this is true to a larger extent, then it certainly raises a question to his own validity and calculations. Also if true, then confessing one sins to one another and truly being sorry is part of the forgiveness/repentance process.
My point was my desire or willingness to forgive him has nothing to do with what he is responsible for and for the actions he needs to take. Whether I forgive him or not or whether i think he should be forgiven by others or not doesn't change the fact that he needs to make amends for what he did and to repent.And he needs to do that regardless of what others think. If he is the believer he says he is
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>But we also knew ahead of time that there were going to be victims.
Of course That is what made it so frustrating.Without knowing who or having any way to reach these people, they were left at the mercy of little mini-dictators like Gary who would have them ostracized and removed from a group they had come to rely on emotionally a great deal if they expressed the tiniest bit of doubt. Nobody was getting out that was already in. It was very frustrating
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps unknowingly, you and others helped to steer others clear before those dooms day dates. At the very least, the discourse may have helped them to prepare ahead of time, just in case.
Sure one would hope that was the case but if I was a betting man my money would be probably not. We did it simply because we had no choice.You have to reach out and try to save someone who is drowning.But you can't make them grab your hand.And after a while all you can do is watch them go under for the final time.
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>I'll just say that it best to leave vengeance to the Lord. I myself should have known that a long time ago. Other than that, warn others, help others seek forgiveness or the victims should seek civil remedies. JMO.
I have no problem leaving vengeance to the Lord. For his sake he should pray his victims feels the same. But that doesn't mean I am going the other way and this man gets my sympathies either. To me he is not even remotely a decent person. But God decides the fate of others and I prefer it that way, not like i have a choice but regardless, not a burden man should want.

(T) Peace

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning AJ.....
Yes it must be 3 AM for you....Go back and get more sleep...(If you can)
Love ya
I did...at least for a little bit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Yes and no. If I'm not mistaken I believe Gary was tricked also. He went through that same, particular mental conditioning that those other victims had gone thru. And IMHO, thru whatever validation he needed he gave it his all and I think he genuinely believed in those dates. Now if Gary continues in selling Camping then shame on him... it would be as the Bible says (paraphrase).. "a dog returning to it's own vomit."
But he did consider selling Camping...THREE different dates spanning almost two decades. And this was a man who even if tricked was not honest about where he stood. Online he said things like "if I am wrong what's the harm?" Trust me, he NEVER said things like that on Latter Rain.It was 100% certain and anybody who didn't think so needs to leave the group because they were not committed believers. This is a man who told others give all they have and kept his own stuff. So whatever he may have believed, he lied about his conviction to protect his own neck
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you this. Now this is to no one in particular. Let's say a person goes into a bar looking to hook up. They are very promisuous and eventually gets HIV but they are unaware of it. So they continue in that lifestyle and others who this person had sex with had lower immune systems so they died early or passed it on to their siblings. Eventually, they find out they have contracted the disease... Did that person have a part in the others' misfortune? Yes of course. Should they be held guilty though they did it unwittingly?
Now if they continue in that same lifestyle "knowingly" then the answer is obviously yes.
I agree but don't feel it is a fair comparison for the reasons I just gave. He knew enough to protect himself while withholding information and doubts while at the same time hammering anyone else that was hesitant to drink the kool-aide. That is just pure evil if you ask me considering the stakes

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>What is the difference between Gary and a con-man if he told them give all their money to Family Radio of which he was part of their inner circle and did not risk his own money and then when it doesn't come to pass he makes jokes about its a good thing he won't be judged by man and doesn't lift a finger to help his victims? As of right now I just see an unrepentant con-man. But regardless of what I see or don't see won't put food on the table of his victims
I believe this to be a rhetorical question so no need to answer, I'm guessing on my part. But the whole Camping thing was built on a spirit of error anyways so that will manifest itself. Concerning Gary, I don't know to what extent that is true or not.

At the end of the day, putting fury aside... I can't.. nor are you able to make him repent exactly the way you want him to. It's either judgement or mercy. It's best to pray for him and the other victims of the error while closely examining our own faults. Or something else constructive, like build a website for Camping victims or something. JMO

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well this is about the restoration of Israel, a promise God made long ago and in which he declared in Romans that even the spiritually blind who for the time being would be considered enemies of the gospel would eventually be saved as 2Peter shows the Lord is waiting and wants all of Israel to come to repentance.
So It may simply be a middle ground for a people promised to be saved. The Lord won't condemn them but he certainly isn't going to let them sin with impunity either. For the rest of us I would think anything short of total repentance is not going to end well. JMO on that. Regardless though, we agree he would need to repent
I am going to answer some of these in separate posts
Good morning to you as well btw. I saw that in the next post:)
Jeremiah 30:11 is that and is also a truism of God throughout the scriptures. God chastens those He loves. And obviously there are consequences to are actions though we may be forgiven.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

consequences to "our" actions though we may be forgiven.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Edit Q

Sorry, this:

"But he did consider selling Camping"

should have read

"But he did CONTINUE selling Camping"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 448,921 - 448,940 of596,520
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

513 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min who 250,371
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 min -USA-1 37,857
I'm want to have sex with my mom (Jun '11) 5 min Dr J 132
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min River Tam 680,102
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 7 min bill34b87 246
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min Sheilaa 109,551
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 16 min Johnny 395
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 512,087
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr andet1987 216,878