Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#465643 Oct 30, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>That's why I posted a suggestion yesterday to Gary to run from Camping and all that is associated with him. I hope he truly repents.
True

I would add that even AFTER the May failed prediction Gary was on Latter Rain telling people that even then if they strayed from total loyalty to Camping it meant they were not true believers and since the tribulation was a spiritual one not a physical one it also meant nobody else could be saved. He flat out told people those that did not stay the course believing the new Rapture date in October that they were condemned. Him finally leaving Camping after the October failed prediction isn't deserving of much credit at that point and yet even then he still didn't do so. To the best of my knowledge he is still promoting all the rest of HC's doctrine, even the parts that were contingent on the failed timeline.

He can't even admit the verses in Mark and Matthew they specifically say man can not know are ones he got wrong or that the Son in those verses (despite over a dozen times in the rest of the passage the Son is referred to as the Son of man) is not the son of perdition.He had to find some obscure verse in Zech to say that is why man can't know.His pride is still stopping him from taking responsibility or repenting IMO.Well that and some things like his victims he simply feels is not something he needs to repent for.

But I agree, a first step would be denouncing anything to do with Camping

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#465644 Oct 30, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
But did David really repent?
2 Samuel 12
6 He must pay for that lamb four times over, because he did such a thing and had no pity."
21 His servants asked him, "Why are you acting this way? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept, but now that the child is dead, you get up and eat!"
22 He answered, "While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought,'Who knows? The LORD may be gracious to me and let the child live.'
23 But now that he is dead, why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me."
He acknowledged he sinned against the Lord but he had no pity for what he had done. And when the child was alive he fasted and wept but his motivation was to save the child. Once the child was not saved David saw no reason to continue.That seems to me like David was sorry only to the extent that he hoped in might spare judgement. When it did not, he no longer continued to be repentant. His 'repentance' was self-serving and no true remorse imo. It is like being convicted of a crime and doing community service to convince the judge you are sorry.But when it does not mitigate the sentence the person stops doing service work as they were only doing it in hopes of reducing the punishment
Although I would have to look into some other things as well in the OT as I can't say for certain there were not cases of those being truly repentant, being forgiven, and still being punished for those sins.If there are cases of that I obviously would change my mind. This particular example though it seems like David was not truly repentant.IMO anyway
(T) Peace
Yes David was repentant... he did all he could do for the child to survive but acknowledged there was nothing else he could do... he will see the child afterwards in the next life.

But David's household was plundered and thrown into confusion also... that was also a part of the punishment. But in any case, David repented... he even wrote a Psalm (song) about it... Psalm 51

For the director of music. A psalm of David. When the prophet Nathan came to him after David had committed adultery with Bathsheba.

1Have mercy on me, O God,

according to your unfailing love;

according to your great compassion

blot out my transgressions.

2Wash away all my iniquity

and cleanse me from my sin.

3For I know my transgressions,

and my sin is always before me.

4Against you, you only, have I sinned

and done what is evil in your sight,

so that you are proved right when you speak

and justified when you judge.

5Surely I was sinful at birth,

sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

6Surely you desire truth in the inner partsa;

you teachb me wisdom in the inmost place.

7Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;

wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

8Let me hear joy and gladness;

let the bones you have crushed rejoice.

9Hide your face from my sins

and blot out all my iniquity.

10Create in me a pure heart, O God,

and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11Do not cast me from your presence

or take your Holy Spirit from me.

12Restore to me the joy of your salvation

and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

13Then I will teach transgressors your ways,

and sinners will turn back to you.

14Save me from bloodguilt, O God,

the God who saves me,

and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.

15O Lord, open my lips,

and my mouth will declare your praise.

16You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;

you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

17The sacrifices of God arec a broken spirit;

a broken and contrite heart,

O God, you will not despise.

18In your good pleasure make Zion prosper;

build up the walls of Jerusalem.

19Then there will be righteous sacrifices,

whole burnt offerings to delight you;

then bulls will be offered on your altar.

Location hidden

#465645 Oct 30, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I used that "promisuous person" situation as an example because it's more tangible to grasp and understand... so I thought it to be a more suitable comparison because when it comes to "belief" and faith... I'm sure everyone who believes in a god or God has had their reservations or may have hesitated at some point.
But I understood your point. It was is unknowingly hurting someone the same as deliberately doing so. And I agree it would not be.But he can't claim that. He knew what was at stake if he was wrong when he had people give away all they owned yet kept his own reservations hidden and hung onto his own belongings. He told others they were not true believers, could not be saved any longer, and were not welcome in the group for questioning Camping after the May prediction failed all while keeping his own doubts private.

To borrow your analogy that would be like a man who suspects he has AIDS but intentionally never goes to the doctor nor warns his partners this might be the case. Instead he tells them he has a clean bill of health all the while knowing he may not. Then claims afterwards because he didn't know for sure he is not at fault. Had he told his victims "hey I am not selling everything I have because there is a chance I am wrong" and they did it anyway, then this is a different discussion. Same with if he allowed doubts from others in the group instead of threatening them all while keeping his own doubts hidden.

(T) Peace

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#465646 Oct 30, 2012
Logistics Supervisor wrote:
The Twelth Imam Will return, & YEOSHUA will be with Him, YEOSHUA Ha Moschiach will defeat the "ANTI-CHRIST" and set up the Rightfull Kingdom Of YHWH...
After OBOMA is re-elected POTUS..Russia will Attack Israel....
Then the End Of the Age will be....
"Child Of Promise!"
Just stand on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it will be ok. People get ready! Hope everyone is safe in this storm.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#465647 Oct 30, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Epi.
With the dawning a new day the devastation of the storm is really coming to light. Some of the images and stories being told this morning are truly heart breaking. My heart felt prayers go out to everyone affected by this storm.
We are even feeling the affects from the outer bands of the storm here in Indiana. We had snow late last night and early this morning. Thankfully it didn't stick to the ground. Now it's raining. We've also had sustained winds of 35 m.p.h. with gusts up to 60 m.p.h. But nothing as bad as it was and is on the east coast. I hope everyone will keep those affected by this storm in your prayers.
Have a great day. God bless.
Yes. This is the power of our Lord Jesus! God's love bro. Sorry about your team but its still a great thing how far they went!

Location hidden

#465648 Oct 30, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Yes David was repentant... he did all he could do for the child to survive
I guess I just don't see that as repentance.I see it as remorse that his actions were going to bring about bad consequences for someone he loved. Once he could no longer save the child he stopped fasting.

I am not saying I know he would not have been sorry afterwards for a fact if the child was never at risk but he had no remorse up until the point that he knew there would be consequences. Is fear of punishment or or acts of contrition to avoid punishment the same as being truly repentant?

Had his repentance started before the child was at risk we would know for sure I guess.

Location hidden

#465649 Oct 30, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Hello bro. Why ain't you sleep? What name is that weirdo Seentheotherside posting under these days? Or maybe he's in prison sharing a cell...and only God knows what else...with those other two weirdos,Vidor and Jeebus.
I don't stay up nearly as late any more. I work to 3am and normally am sleeping by like 5am. Then I sleep 5-6 hours and back at it again. Fun fun fun

“Saved. ”

#465650 Oct 30, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
But I understood your point. It was is unknowingly hurting someone To borrow your analogy that would be like a man who suspects he has AIDS but intentionally never goes to the doctor nor warns his partners this might be the case. Instead he tells them he has a clean bill of health all the while knowing he may not. Then claims afterwards because he didn't know for sure he is not at fault. Had he told his victims "hey I am not selling everything I have because there is a chance I am wrong" and they did it anyway, then this is a different discussion. Same with if he allowed doubts from others in the group instead of threatening them all while keeping his own doubts hidden.
(T) Peace
That is why when one plays it's like playing russian roulette... everytime a person has sex with an unknown "or sometimes known" partner who say they are AIDS-free, then they are taking a slight to great risk. It's best to abstain or protect themselves. So the victims bear some responsibility also in protecting themselves.

This has been a Health Note for today.

“Saved. ”

#465651 Oct 30, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I just don't see that as repentance.I see it as remorse that his actions were going to bring about bad consequences for someone he loved. Once he could no longer save the child he stopped fasting.
I am not saying I know he would not have been sorry afterwards for a fact if the child was never at risk but he had no remorse up until the point that he knew there would be consequences. Is fear of punishment or or acts of contrition to avoid punishment the same as being truly repentant?
Had his repentance started before the child was at risk we would know for sure I guess.
Remorse, Regret, contrition, restoration, sometimes grief and the like are all part of repentance. I believe if David thought that if he wasn't going to see the child again then it would be a different scenario... but he clearly believes and tells his servants that he will see the child again.

I tell you what... I was afraid of butt-whippins from my mother... but it kept me in line... and if it took an act of contrition to avoid a butt-whippin... I would do that too but it didn't always work out as I had hoped.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#465652 Oct 30, 2012
Finally brothers we instructed you know how to live in order to please God,as in fact you are living.Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.For you know what instrutions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.
It is God's will that you should be sanctified that you should avoid sexual immorality,that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable not in passion lust like the heathen who do not know God and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him.The Lord will punish men for all such sin as we have already told you and warned you.
For God did not call us to be impure bit to live a holy life.Therefore he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God who give you his Holy Spirit.
Now about brotherly love we do not need to write to you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other.And in fact you do love all the brothers throughout Macedonia yet we urge you brothers to do more and more.
Make it your ambition to lead a quite life to mind your own business and to work with your hands just as we told you.so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so thay you will not be dependent on any body.

Living to please God.

Location hidden

#465653 Oct 30, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>That is why when one plays it's like playing russian roulette... everytime a person has sex with an unknown "or sometimes known" partner who say they are AIDS-free, then they are taking a slight to great risk. It's best to abstain or protect themselves. So the victims bear some responsibility also in protecting themselves.
Well yeah I agree it should be common sense to look at the circumstances and understand a person may have an incentive to lie. But the systematic brainwashing broke down these natural defenses and fear of being an outcast did the rest.

Does that reduce any of the responsibility from the guilty party though? But I know what you are saying it is why is was so frustrating trying to deal with people where it seemed like common sense was having no affect. For whatever reasons, although I suspect I know most of them, there was no getting through to them. But I think those people need to engage in some serious introspection to understand why they were so susceptible to this and why the fear of losing the respect of the group mattered so much to them.

But again, just depends on the circumstances. Is a person who goes to club looking to get laid by strangers more responsible for being careless than say a widow who lost her husband that is lonely and was taken in by a professional con-man who got close to her to steal her money and he targeted her specifically because he knew she was vulnerable?

Some might say yes I say no. She still should have smarter but HC and his people targeted a demographic of people they knew they had a better chance of flipping. The poor, the desperate, the disenfranchised, those angry with the church, third-world countries, etc.
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been a Health Note for today.
LOL..also don't forget to spade or neuter your pets!

“Saved. ”

#465654 Oct 30, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
Finally brothers we instructed you know how to live in order to please God,as in fact you are living.Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.For you know what instrutions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.
It is God's will that you should be sanctified that you should avoid sexual immorality,that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable not in passion lust like the heathen who do not know God and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him.The Lord will punish men for all such sin as we have already told you and warned you.
For God did not call us to be impure bit to live a holy life.Therefore he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God who give you his Holy Spirit.
Now about brotherly love we do not need to write to you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other.And in fact you do love all the brothers throughout Macedonia yet we urge you brothers to do more and more.
Make it your ambition to lead a quite life to mind your own business and to work with your hands just as we told you.so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so thay you will not be dependent on any body.
Living to please God.
Good Morning LW...

“Saved. ”

#465655 Oct 30, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yeah I agree it should be common sense to look at the circumstances and understand a person may have an incentive to lie. But the systematic brainwashing broke down these natural defenses and fear of being an outcast did the rest.
Does that reduce any of the responsibility from the guilty party though? But I know what you are saying it is why is was so frustrating trying to deal with people where it seemed like common sense was having no affect. For whatever reasons, although I suspect I know most of them, there was no getting through to them. But I think those people need to engage in some serious introspection to understand why they were so susceptible to this and why the fear of losing the respect of the group mattered so much to them.
But again, just depends on the circumstances. Is a person who goes to club looking to get laid by strangers more responsible for being careless than say a widow who lost her husband that is lonely and was taken in by a professional con-man who got close to her to steal her money and he targeted her specifically because he knew she was vulnerable?
Some might say yes I say no. She still should have smarter but HC and his people targeted a demographic of people they knew they had a better chance of flipping. The poor, the desperate, the disenfranchised, those angry with the church, third-world countries, etc.

LOL..also don't forget to spade or neuter your pets!
Yessssss.... or if you have cats they will mark their territory inside your house.

But lastly, Gary being a leader will be held more accountable for his actions but others should have taken precautions also....

“Saved. ”

#465656 Oct 30, 2012
I mean Good Afternoon, good gracious!

A Good Afternoon to CC, RA, Dr, AJ, LS, Ep and our newest JAWS member.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#465657 Oct 30, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning LW...
Hi Q;

Hope you are well and a happy guy.Have you heard about that muscle drink that has killed several people.My son gave me the news as he had drank some of them.Simply amazing what is put on the market that is harmful all for the sake of money.

It is up in the seventies out here today.I have kept my eyes glued to the tv over this whooper storm that has hit the east.People have left here to go and help them.Think it is gonna take people helping people to survive in this world.Love thy brother cause that is the one of the commandments.

Got some errands to run for my honey so will caught you later here.
Have a good day take care stay safe God Bless.

“Saved. ”

#465658 Oct 30, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Q;
Hope you are well and a happy guy.
Hey Sis, so far so good...
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you heard about that muscle drink that has killed several people.My son gave me the news as he had drank some of them.Simply amazing what is put on the market that is harmful all for the sake of money.
Nope, that's the first I've heard of it... I hope your son is alright and I'll keep my eyes out for it myself. Thanks for letting me know.
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
It is up in the seventies out here today.I have kept my eyes glued to the tv over this whooper storm that has hit the east.People have left here to go and help them.Think it is gonna take people helping people to survive in this world.Love thy brother cause that is the one of the commandments.
Yeah it was pretty windy down here last night.. cloudy out here today... cool. Amen on the rest...
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Got some errands to run for my honey so will caught you later here.
Have a good day take care stay safe God Bless.
Safe travels out there in New Mex... headed out myself.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#465659 Oct 30, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
Living to please God.
excelent reminder lill.
true Gods children living only to please God?

“Saved. ”

#465660 Oct 30, 2012
The Son of God Music Ministry
The Lost Sheep

Jesus: "I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#465661 Oct 30, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
The Son of God Music Ministry
The Lost Sheep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WNk866aycAsXX
Jesus: "I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."
ALSO SIR
people like gary don't need man forgiveness only true heart repentance and broken heart before our Precious God?

I agree with your quote

“Put the X Back in X-Mas.”

Since: Feb 08

Norman, Oklahoma

#465662 Oct 30, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Just keepin' it REAL.
Wait, so you're not a religionist anymore?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min I Am No One_ 853,088
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min waaasssuuup 5,760
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min USA Born 595,645
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min Just Think 100,624
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 min ChristineM 444,029
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Charlie Sheen 272,034
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 23 min Waiting4ever 362
The Christian Atheist debate 9 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 726
More from around the web