“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#465584 Oct 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>For me personally I thought while interesting it kind of illustrated what being over-analytical can do as far as losing perhaps a much simpler message. I am guilty of doing this myself so I found it interesting how easily one can support something to themselves. If someone wanted it to be negative it is logical enough to say why use a weed or mold or use an example where too much is a bad thing. For me it simply means something great can come from the humblest of beginnings. And dont get me wrong I have no problem w ur conclusion as the kingdom is within us and faith if not cultivated and watched and properly nurished will not yeild a positive result. Perhaps even one could argue it is how fanatics become fanatics. Although imo anyway, even w/o someone like HC taking parabolic liberties, this shows how easy we can lose the forrest before the trees. Got me thinking..thx:)
LOL Well...by now you should have figured out...I like to think...didn't want to be the only one! Believe it or not...I posed some questions on WINLAC to one of the Christians (?). They told me that I thought too much!

I think being one of the outsiders to this little group gives me an advantage of being able to observe the seeds that are planted here...if they are carefully sown...or just thrown down. Interesting at times to watch if one tends their garden or just lets it grow wild out of control.

I actually find what some people consider a simple analogy much deeper than some might be comfortable with. What do expect from me though...I am that person that can find lessons in a mud puddle! LOL

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#465585 Oct 29, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
There is another aspect to the analogy of the mustard seed.
I started to write about it but decided against it.
If you are interested...
http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christianity/...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_M...
My opinion...seeds once planted need to be nurtured...gardens need to be tended. If not a prolific plant such as the mustard seed will grow out of control.
My intent is not to offend but to only take a look at the other side of this analogy.
Correct Annie. The mustard plant was considered a weed and a nuisance plant. It quickly overtakes land turning pasture into a wilderness.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#465586 Oct 29, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
There is another aspecton...seeds once planted need to be nurtured...gardens need to be tended. If not a prolific plant such as the mustard seed will grow out of control.
My intent is not to offend but to only take a look at the other side of this analogy.
Mustard seed has 11 letters in it. I saw a bluejay yesterday. Have a nice night..........remember when we used to laugh about putting all this time into a question and getting nothing back? I was thinking about that for some reason. Well I guess its better than a kick in the face LOL. I have always found it interesting the time people will put into misusing the Bible (ie to hide an insult or bash someone over the head with) but wont spend any time talking about what they claim to love and follow. Suddenly its like pulling teeth. Well now ur post made me think twice and got two responses. Even if u dont like them its gotta be better than a kick in the teeth LOL..(T) Peace

“Love much, trust none”

There

#465587 Oct 29, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Well...by now you should have figured out...I like to think...didn't want to be the only one! Believe it or not...I posed some questions on WINLAC to one of the Christians (?). They told me that I thought too much!
I think being one of the outsiders to this little group gives me an advantage of being able to observe the seeds that are planted here...if they are carefully sown...or just thrown down. Interesting at times to watch if one tends their garden or just lets it grow wild out of control.
I actually find what some people consider a simple analogy much deeper than some might be comfortable with. What do expect from me though...I am that person that can find lessons in a mud puddle! LOL
According to the Gospels, Jesus taught in parables to the crowds but divulged much deeper teachings to the closest disciples. There are at least two levels of his teachings. Pay attention to what he says to whom.

"And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand." Natthew 13:10-13

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#465588 Oct 29, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Annie;
No offended at all.Matter fact find it quite interesting.Let you in on a secret lol tis no secret but the mustard seed also is used in medicial treatment by some people.Hey it has got some good benefits.It can also be used for a beauty treatment too.
Want to ask are you in the east in this whooper storm.Crews left New Mexico with a convey of Electicians headed east today to help and they will be gone a month.Also search and recue are on there way from out here to the east some are doctors,firefighter.other professional ect.They are driving thru and will take them nineteen hours to get there.
Have a good evening.
No...I left DC about a month ago...swapped one Washington for another!

They are getting hit fairly hard right now. There are a lot of old trees in the city and every time the wind blows they lose a lot of them...bringing power lines down with them. A few months ago after a storm some were without power for a couple of weeks.

New York is flooding right now with water beginning to flood the subways...they will have a disaster on their hands.

My thoughts are with those that do not have homes tonight to stay out of harms way. The east coast has so many bigger cities and with that many homeless. They just don't have enough shelters.

Location hidden

#465589 Oct 29, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Well...by now you should have figured out...I like to think...C to one of ple analogy much deeper than some might be comforta. What do expect from me though...I am that person that can find lessons in a mud puddle! LOL
LOL...HEY I hear ya..I am really analytical..to the point where Im normally the one being told Im complcating things unneccesarily! But I will say two things. 1) There often is more than just the surface perception and it is important to look deeper and 2) It is valuable to have different sets of eyes looking at things. Not only for a different perspective but if I am taught the meaning of a parable I am prob gonna assume I know it correctly and might not ever go back to look. So having someone else bring it up and with fresh eyes and diff perspectives forces me to look at it like im reading it for the first time and thats a good thing for better understandings. so thank you for that.(T) PEACE

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#465590 Oct 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Mustard seed has 11 letters in it. I saw a bluejay yesterday. Have a nice night..........remember when we used to laugh about putting all this time into a question and getting nothing back? I was thinking about that for some reason. Well I guess its better than a kick in the face LOL. I have always found it interesting the time people will put into misusing the Bible (ie to hide an insult or bash someone over the head with) but wont spend any time talking about what they claim to love and follow. Suddenly its like pulling teeth. Well now ur post made me think twice and got two responses. Even if u dont like them its gotta be better than a kick in the teeth LOL..(T) Peace
Not sure how to take this Steve...but...oh...okay...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#465591 Oct 29, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Gospels, Jesus taught in parables to the crowds but divulged much deeper teachings to the closest disciples. There are at least two levels of his teachings. Pay attention to what he says to whom.
"And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand." Natthew 13:10-13
I am familiar with those verses but did not think of them when I was reading this parable. Interesting...but...however... I think I will just drop this conversation...

Thanks for your input though...gives me something else to ponder...

Location hidden

#465592 Oct 29, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure how to take this Steve...but...oh...okay...
Just making a point I suppose that me and a few others used to talk about amongst ourselves when people would take this attitude like we shouldnt discuss the Bible with those outside the faith. Yet those same people often are the ones where it is near impossible to get a good biblical dciscussion going with. Often we would put a lot of time into trying to get a conversation going and....nothing. To me it is better to not reference the Bible at all and just live by faith if the only time it is used is for a negative reason and someone has little interest in talking about it. And also for me I am going to go wherever a good conversation about the Bible is to be had. I would much rather talk to someone outside the faith who wants to talk then to someone inside the faith who doesnt. Sometimes scripture is more for show it seems or discussion would come easier. JMO anyway (T) PEACE

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#465593 Oct 29, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
No...I left DC about a month ago...swapped one Washington for another!
They are getting hit fairly hard right now. There are a lot of old trees in the city and every time the wind blows they lose a lot of them...bringing power lines down with them. A few months ago after a storm some were without power for a couple of weeks.
New York is flooding right now with water beginning to flood the subways...they will have a disaster on their hands.
My thoughts are with those that do not have homes tonight to stay out of harms way. The east coast has so many bigger cities and with that many homeless. They just don't have enough shelters.
Hi Annie;

I make it a point never to argue or debate the Holy Bible.For the most part respect others for there beliefs.

They have taken a motel out here and remodeled it for the Victims of HIV.Fixed it so they have places to live and can get proper medicial treatment.A real plus for this state.That was in our news tonight.

Not far from where I am.When the homeless are found.People out here take up collection for a bus ticket and meal money to get them to a relative to live with.Or if they want to stay jobs,housing,food is gathered to get them started again.But is a small net community think that makes a difference.Most of us do not think of them as homeless just people who need a helping hand.

Imagine that was quite a move for you from one to the other state that was a long haul across country.Hope you got settled in good before winter hits out there.

I watched on tv tonight about the subways and preparations going on for NYC.Tis a hugh place for sure.Seems like the homeless in the large cities have a harder time of it.Just my opinion.

It been good talking to you tonight.But got to go is my midnight hour.Have a good night take care good night.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#465594 Oct 29, 2012
Time to go tis midnight hour
Good night sweet dreams
God Bless all

“Love much, trust none”

There

#465595 Oct 29, 2012
So far Sandy has only ripped some siding of my house. saw a pumpkon being blown down the street by the wind, I thought that was pretty cool. The eye passed right over us. Now comes the backside of it with less rain but more wind.

Could be a lot worse. My heart goes out to those who died, those who are homeless and those who are unable to help but want to. Many cities had to halt rescue operations until daybreak.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#465597 Oct 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Just making a point I suppose that me and a few others used to talk about amongst ourselves when people would take this attitude like we shouldnt discuss the Bible with those outside the faith. Yet those same people often are the ones where it is near impossible to get a good biblical dciscussion going with. Often we would put a lot of time into trying to get a conversation going and....nothing. To me it is better to not reference the Bible at all and just live by faith if the only time it is used is for a negative reason and someone has little interest in talking about it. And also for me I am going to go wherever a good conversation about the Bible is to be had. I would much rather talk to someone outside the faith who wants to talk then to someone inside the faith who doesnt. Sometimes scripture is more for show it seems or discussion would come easier. JMO anyway (T) PEACE
Okay...I get it now. I thought you were slamming me! Paranoid I guess.

I also agree with your thoughts on this. I have some to add but I am beyond thinking tonight...I think!

I will say this...it is easy to quote scripture...even us heathens can do that. It is much harder for people to actually say how that scripture affects their lives...what it means to them.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#465598 Oct 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Mustard seed has 11 letters in it. I saw a bluejay yesterday. Have a nice night..........remember when we used to laugh about putting all this time into a question and getting nothing back? I was thinking about that for some reason. Well I guess its better than a kick in the face LOL. I have always found it interesting the time people will put into misusing the Bible (ie to hide an insult or bash someone over the head with) but wont spend any time talking about what they claim to love and follow. Suddenly its like pulling teeth. Well now ur post made me think twice and got two responses. Even if u dont like them its gotta be better than a kick in the teeth LOL..(T) Peace
Okay...I went back and reread this...I get it now. I must have had a brain freeze earlier...couldn't figure out the 11 letters and the bluejay...still don't but...LOL

At least we have had a few minutes of humor tonight...

Location hidden

#465599 Oct 29, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay...I went back and reread this...I get it now. I must have had a brain freeze earlier...couldn't figure out the 11 letters and the bluejay...still don't but...LOL
At least we have had a few minutes of humor tonight...
The 11 letters and bluejay comments had no particular reasoning behind them.It was just meant to be barely realted and nonsensical....which in hindsight probably was too much so since only I knew what I was thinking! LOL. It is just how I feel sometimes as far as an answer I get back has nothing to do with what I asked. 2 years of posting to Gary and Jaws doesnt help my tolerance for people wasting my time! But I appreciate the time and effort you put into your questions and answers even more so after seeing how rare it is. I knew by ur posts u took mine in a bad way but i decided guessing how just might have made it worse so thought it best to let u figure it out which i knew you would. I enjoyed the conversation and laughs as well.(T) PEACE

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#465600 Oct 29, 2012
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mac!
It must be Pink Floyd...
Love the Dark Side of the Moon.
Howzit ???
Had me some 'puter issues (insofar as I forgot to bring parts of it to work yesterday) but apart from that, I'm good.
How's by you?

Location hidden

#465601 Oct 29, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay...I get it now. I thought you were slamming me! Paranoid I guess.
I also agree with your thoughts on this. I have some to add but I am beyond thinking tonight...I think!
I will say this...it is easy to quote scripture...even us heathens can do that. It is much harder for people to actually say how that scripture affects their lives...what it means to them.
That is my issue in a nutshell. Someone doesnt have to be a scholar (who is?), they dont have to argue about it, heck they dont even have to debate it....but why cant someone simply say this is what it means to me and this is how I think it applies to our lives or my life today? I mean I never see this being a problem when someone wants to use the Bible to insult or condemn someone, then they are crystal clear on what they think a verse means and how it should be applied. But when it has to do with them, even in a good way...nada. It is what it is I guess.(T) PEACE

Location hidden

#465602 Oct 29, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
So far Sandy has only ripped some siding of my house. saw a pumpkon being blown down the street by the wind, I thought that was pretty cool. The eye passed right over us. Now comes the backside of it with less rain but more wind.
Could be a lot worse. My heart goes out to those who died, those who are homeless and those who are unable to help but want to. Many cities had to halt rescue operations until daybreak.
I havent seen any updates...didnt know there were already fatalities...that sucks. Can you imagine taking a pumpkin to the head at like 80mph? That would have been cool to see though but wonder where it ended up? I feel bad for people too..many insurances dont cover natural disasters..in an already bad economy how can people take this kind of hit? Just crappy circumstances.(T) PEACE

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#465604 Oct 30, 2012
>>>QU<<<
I am going to keep posting this brother til you're back!
Peace_Warrior wrote:
>>>QU if you come in I found it!<<<
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Pineapple Wars
Enjoy!

Hope you are all safe, and His Love and Peace to you Brother.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#465605 Oct 30, 2012
Morning....

Not a single creature on Earth
has more or less right to be here.

~ Anthony Douglas Williams

Thought For The Day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Catholic Girl 559,653
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 775,733
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 7 min Grau 36
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 12 min geko 23,976
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min Grau 119,665
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min RADEKT 265,199
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 45 min Ed Teach 91
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr mannibterf 441,787
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
More from around the web