Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#465122 Oct 27, 2012
Peace_Warrior wrote:
>>>Sorry I can't stay<<<
>>>Love and Peace until +- Wed!<<<
Just swing in on a vine to say take care,stay safe and God bless.
Loveya lil whispers.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#465123 Oct 27, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I always found the Book of Job to be the most meaningful and important books of my life.
me too - and at the most appropriate time too

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#465124 Oct 27, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I've been spreading myself around, my Brother. Debating, debating, and more debating. I'm sure you're not surprised, at all. I've been, recently, spending some time in the "atheist" threads, and I must admit, I'm doing quote well. I've yet to share doctrine, but I've been asking a lot of questions that, I hope, makes them think. For example...
Why should we disregard and reject the testimony of men, called "prophets," that became authors, making the claim that they've interacted with "God, but hold fast to the theories of men, as facts, even though they've never witnessed a "Big Bang," or this so-called "evolution" of man, nor read any eye-witness accounts that even insinuate such things?
I proposed that such disregard and rejection is based solely on the fact that those that believe as I've stated have never, themselves, had any interaction with "God."
I'm considering the limited number of responses as glory to our Godhead.
In Deed I hope that is the case :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#465125 Oct 27, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like an Al Qaida leader telling one of his 'holy martyrs' to detonate an explosives belt??
good definition in my opinion.....

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#465126 Oct 27, 2012
TIM958 wrote:
Why Should Jesus Love Me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HK9Iqq5CKMwXX
That song has meant much over my life....:)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#465127 Oct 27, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>JESUS met all the requirement that GOD demands because GOD Himself gave us JESUS.
Look up what a tautology is.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#465128 Oct 27, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up what a tautology is.
I do not doubt that GOD sent us JESUS for a purpose, and for perhaps reasons of my own. I did look up the word though, and did not think it 'fit the picture' but of course, that is my opinion only. I would not be debating about JESUS and GOD if I did not believe in them, instead perhaps I would be debating whether or not a black Pug is a better breed than the apricot!! The Apricot would win that one sided debate though, as although I love Prince Pugstar, he does not share with me the love that I shared with Queen Puggy :)
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#465129 Oct 27, 2012
Edited for space.
Red Apples wrote:

Red Apples wrote:
According to God's Word Drew is indeed correct.
1st John 3-9.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
Hey RA,
I hope you are doing well.

I meant to check in yesterday but haven’t till now.

Thank you for the scripture 1st John 3-9. I looked it up and what the commentary had to say about it. I thought some might like to read it.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
*
4 ¶Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
*
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
*
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
*
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
*
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
*
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
*
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
*

Matthew Henry’s Commentary:
1 John 3:3-10 The sons of God know that their Lord is of purer eyes than to allow any thing unholy and impure to dwell with him. It is the hope of hypocrites, not of the sons of God, that makes allowance for gratifying impure desires and lusts. May we be followers of him as his dear children, thus show our sense of his unspeakable mercy, and express that obedient, grateful, humble mind which becomes us. Sin is the rejecting the Divine law. In him, that is, in Christ, was no sin. All the sinless weaknesses that were consequences of the fall, he took; that is, all those infirmities of mind or body which subject man to suffering, and expose him to temptation. But our moral infirmities, our proneness to sin, he had not. He that abides in Christ, continues not in the practice of sin. Renouncing sin is the great proof of spiritual union with, continuance in, and saving knowledge of the Lord Christ. Beware of self-deceit. He that doeth righteousness is righteous, and to be a follower of Christ, shows an interest by faith in his obedience and sufferings.***** But a man cannot act like the devil, and at the same time be a disciple of Christ Jesus. Let us not serve or indulge what the Son of God came to destroy. To be born of God is to be inwardly renewed by the power of the Spirit of God. Renewing grace is an abiding principle. Religion is not an art, a matter of dexterity and skill, but a new nature. And the regenerate person cannot sin as he did before he was born of God, and as others do who are not born again. There is that light in his mind, which shows him the evil and malignity of sin. There is that bias upon his heart, which disposes him to loathe and hate sin. There is the spiritual principle that opposes sinful acts. And there is repentance for sin, if committed. It goes against him to sin with forethought.********* The children of God and the children of the devil have their distinct characters. The seed of the serpent are known by neglect of religion, and by their hating real Christians.****** He only is righteous before God, as a justified believer, who is taught and disposed to righteousness by the Holy Spirit.*********In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil.*********May all professors of the gospel lay these truths to heart, and try themselves by them.*****

It’s late so goodnight RA and you all.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#465130 Oct 27, 2012
Meanwhile when a crowd of many thousand had gathered so that they were trampling on one another,Jesus began to speak first to his disciples saying;Be on your gurard which is
hypocrisy.There is nothing concealed that will
not be disclosed or hidden that will not be made known.
What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight,and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner room will be proclaimed from the roof tops.
I tell you my friends do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more but I will show you whom you should fear.Fear him who, after the killing of the body,has power to throw you into hell.Yes I tell you fear him.Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies??Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.Indeed the very hair of your head are all numbered.Don't be afraid you are worth more than many sparrows.
I tell you whoever acknowledges me before men the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God.But he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God.And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven,but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
When you are brought before synagogues,rulers and authorities do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say,for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#465131 Oct 27, 2012
No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden,or under a bowl he put it on it stand so that thoses who come in may see the light.
Your eye is the lamp of your body when your eyes are good your whole body also full of light.But when they are bad your body also is full darkness.See to it then that the light within you is not darkness.Therefore if your whole body is full of light and no part darkness it will be completely lighted as when the light of a lamp shines on you.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#465132 Oct 27, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I do not doubt that GOD sent us JESUS for a purpose, and for perhaps reasons of my own. I did look up the word though, and did not think it 'fit the picture' but of course, that is my opinion only. I would not be debating about JESUS and GOD if I did not believe in them, instead perhaps I would be debating whether or not a black Pug is a better breed than the apricot!! The Apricot would win that one sided debate though, as although I love Prince Pugstar, he does not share with me the love that I shared with Queen Puggy :)
I was refering to your post, not Jesus.

"Jesus met the requirements of God because God sent Jesus". It is a tautology, AKA circular arguement AKA self justifying. It is like saying dogs are perefct cats because cats produce perfect dogs. It proves nothing and and can make any statement a "truism".

Satan is God's perfect creation because God created Satan.

See what I mean ?

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#465133 Oct 27, 2012
Just a FYI post,concerning multiple profiles/trolls...this fellow has a point:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TCO87VV...

have a good night -All...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#465134 Oct 27, 2012
An argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest.Jesus knowing their thoughts took a little child and had him stand beside him.Then He said to them.Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.For he who is least amoung you-he is the greatest.

Master said John we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him because he is not one of us.

Do not stop him Jesus said,for whoever is not agaist you is for you.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#465135 Oct 27, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
...Matthew Henry’s Commentary:.....
MAtthew Henry has been dead for 300 years. No one knew anything before him or after.

He is considered authorative by Evangelicals but not all of Chrisianity.

"For example, Matthew Henry, in his commentary on John 9, includes this statement about one of the benefits of Jesus healing the man born blind:

The cure of this blind man was a kindness to the public,enabling him to work for his living who before was a charge and burden to the neighbourhood. It is noble, and generous, and Christ-like, to be willing to serve the public, even when we are slighted and disobliged by them, or think ourselves so.

First of all, there is nothing in the account about Jesus doing this for the benefit of the community. The point was ‘that the works of God might be displayed in him’(John 9:3).

Secondly, the man born blind in this accounting is a man who is articulate, bold and logical. He was a ‘burden’ not because he wasn’t capable of learning and applying a skill; he wasn’t allowed to learn a trade because of his blindness. In this case, the community created its own burden based on how it looked at disability. Matthew Henry got it almost entirely backwards in this statement."

http://theworksofgod.com/2010/11/02/when-the-...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#465136 Oct 27, 2012
Senecus wrote:
Just a FYI post,concerning multiple profiles/trolls...this fellow has a point:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TCO87VV...
have a good night -All...
I fell for it lol lol.stinker.still think it is lol lol.
Geez egg timer.lol lol

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#465137 Oct 27, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
....There is nothing concealed that will
not be disclosed or hidden that will not be made known.
What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight,and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner room will be proclaimed from the roof tops.....
Luke collected that story which is an elloboration of the text written almost a century earlier:

"Jesus said, "Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you . For there is nothing hidden which will not become manifest." - Thomas

Thomas makes more sense and the proverb is more useful.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#465138 Oct 27, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden,or under a bowl he put it on it stand so that thoses who come in may see the light.
Your eye is the lamp of your body when your eyes are good your whole body also full of light.But when they are bad your body also is full darkness.See to it then that the light within you is not darkness.Therefore if your whole body is full of light and no part darkness it will be completely lighted as when the light of a lamp shines on you.
^^^^^^Also from Thomas.

"Jesus said, "Preach from your housetops that which you will hear in your ear. For no one lights a lamp and puts it under a bushel, nor does he put it in a hidden place, but rather he sets it on a lampstand so that everyone who enters and leaves will see its light." - Thomas

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#465139 Oct 27, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
An argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest.Jesus knowing their thoughts took a little child and had him stand beside him.Then He said to them.Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.For he who is least amoung you-he is the greatest.
Master said John we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him because he is not one of us.
Do not stop him Jesus said,for whoever is not agaist you is for you.
Thomas also wrote that decades earlier:

"Jesus said, "Among those born of women, from Adam until John the Baptist, there is no one so superior to John the Baptist that his eyes should not be lowered (before him). Yet I have said, whichever one of you comes to be a child will be acquainted with the kingdom and will become superior to John."

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#465140 Oct 27, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke collected that story which is an elloboration of the text written almost a century earlier:
"Jesus said, "Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you . For there is nothing hidden which will not become manifest." - Thomas
Thomas makes more sense and the proverb is more useful.
Wow fella who rolled up the paper.read next post please.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#465141 Oct 27, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^^^^Also from Thomas.
"Jesus said, "Preach from your housetops that which you will hear in your ear. For no one lights a lamp and puts it under a bushel, nor does he put it in a hidden place, but rather he sets it on a lampstand so that everyone who enters and leaves will see its light." - Thomas
Wow who put the log on the paper.Please read next post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 59 min thetruth 9,308
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Blagoja 828,231
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 583,978
What country has the best culture in your opinion? (Jul '08) 1 hr rajesh 247
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 1 hr any- h 258
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr gundee123 442,815
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 2,260
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr Justice League 3,345
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr WasteWater 98,969
More from around the web