Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Just A Wet Sock

“Jesus Always WinS”

Since: Jun 11

Birmingham, UK

#464001 Oct 21, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
There is alway room for growth in everybody.Have you ever suffered body burns or have you ever treated body burns.Imagination can not touch the pain period.Put yourself in there shoes.Victims can share some of there experiences with you but think you shall find in life that only surface feeling are shared.The deep ones are buried.
Hello Lil Whispers,
sure there is room for growth in everybody. Room for growth in me too. No one is the exception. I spent me working life in a factory so of course burns are something I've encoured many times. Burns in the kitchen too.
I can't see you. I can only read the words that you post. I can't see your face. I can't read your body language as you react to what I say. It's when people open up and talk about their experiences that we can feel for them. The eyes can be very telling.
Doctor Reality. Words only but very revealing about his heart. He was in agony for days for a poor little Chineese girl. He still carries her in his heart. He probably will carry her there for the rest of his life. A little girl run down in careless moments of insanity. To not love has got to be insane really. Every death has a messsage for mankind.

Now. My wife said something last night. It might need to be a woman that notices, I hadn't made the connection until she said it.
Born in to this world in pain. The pains of childbirth. I can imagine what she went through when she gave birth to our kids. I don't need to know the full extent of the pain. Worse than the acid upset in the stomach than I've endured before now. I can amplify that pain in my minds eye to get an understanding of her pain. Born in the agony of love.
Born from above in the agony of love too. That's the connection she made last night. Jesus endured agony so that we may be born from above. We need to be in pain too. Godly sorrow. Why that way? It wouldn't have been that way if it were not for the absence of love. God is love and Jesus said "My God my God why have you forsaken me?" Who in the right mind would crucify Jesus? Jesus is love personified and who would put love to death? The evil in them wanted to get rid of pure love. It's a big mistake when some say that either the Jews or the Romans crucified Jesus. We all have a hand in sin. Be it what we do or what we fail to do. It can be a sin to turn a blind eye and ignore. Coldness to love.

Now. There is a second hand shop in the City called CEX. The Compter Exchange. They sell second hand DVds that can be picked up for as little as a pound. Christine and Jennifer go in there sometimes and come home with something. This was earlier this year. They went together and saw a second hand copy of The Passion of the Christ. We have a copy of that film. I can't imagine selling it. Apparently they only give twenty pence for a DVD. Why would someone let that film go? It has a very important message for mankind. I wouldnt recommend little children watch it. It gives quite a graphic description of what Jesus went through. Maybe someone else has bought that film that they couldn't otherwise afford. It may have had a deep impact on them.

God bless you. Have a good day.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#464003 Oct 21, 2012
Good

SON

Day

Morning.....

“A true friend is someone
who sees the pain in your eyes
while everyone else believes
the smile on your face.”

Thought For The Day.....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#464004 Oct 21, 2012
Today's Prayer

God, I know You have chosen me for a purpose. Help me to fulfill that purpose. I pray for wisdom to pass the tests You allow in my life, to strengthen my faith and develop me for Your great purpose. If I am to lead; help me to lead. If I am to follow; help me to follow. If I am to make a difference in the world; help me to make that difference. If I am to influence one life; help me to influence that life. Whatever my lot; help me to succeed and excel for Your glory. Thank you, God.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#464005 Oct 21, 2012
Encouraging Words....

“Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.”

Ephesians 4:29

K-Love

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#464006 Oct 21, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning from my world...it is just after 4 AM here...
I believe that diversity of life is what makes us complete. If we all acted and thought the same there would be nothing new brought to the table. It (IMO) is what could make a place such as this thread a valuable tool in our journey. Where else can at any point are you able to sit down and have a conversation with people from all over the world...different cultures...different beliefs...different lives.
I promised I would answer this post... Now it is Sun. 9-45pm in ours!
The diversity of Life is all round, and tho' supposed to be Spring we've had hail! Maybe folk get thrown out like the weather, when there is 'other influence' outside their own norms. Just as weather patterns are expected to remain constant. We expect and assume too much very often, and fall short of seeing that 'diversity', being very different to presumed!
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think sometimes in one's quest to make everyone "just like themselves" that for all of us to be "just alike" would leave us as non-thinking...almost zombie like...creatures. How would we grow if no one challenges us or makes us think?
IMO if God wanted us to be alike...think alike...believe alike...he would have insured that by making us all just alike. He didn't though...he made us all different...gave us different experiences...different journeys and paths...he created individuals.
Sometimes, lack of understanding blocks growth in seeing differences. Like “can't see the wood for the trees”. Or lack of experience as being born and raised in a sheltered environment.- Conditioning of minds can also keep them as closed books to further growth. Many reasons would alter the journeys and paths... One has to step outside the box to be challenged in anything!
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem lies in that often we don't embrace that diversity. People are always striving to be something different than what they are. Children start at an early age trying to look and act like someone else. Society plays in to that...well...that is a completely different conversation I suppose.
You brought up the diversity of the disciples...had to be a reason for that. I would think that one would have to assume that he did so knowing that not all people would be reached in the same manner. What will make one person "see" might cause another to walk away.
I brought in the disciples to show how even they were not 'Christian by religion' when Jesus chose them, and were as chalk and cheese in their personalities also. If a team member had the same skills, and the job was to build an automobile, who would make which part or know each fits for the it? You say,”one would have to assume that he did so knowing that not all people would be reached in the same manner.” I would have to agree, even tho you assume! The mistake Christians make, then wonder why some walk away because they assume too much of a stranger they don't know! Or a cultural divide they are not accustomed to.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing that I love about the city is the diversity. I love walking out my door and being surrounded by such different people. As I take my walk and pass people I can not help but wonder...where they came from and where are they going. How did they end up sharing the same sidewalk with me.
Well I will have to respond to the rest of what I wanted to in another post...
City life can be a buzz in many ways. Making the most of where one is, I believe is a gift in Life, rather than wishing to be always somewhere else. A bit like being ourselves, rather than trying to be someone we are not.
Trust you find safety on those sidewalks of Life my Friend. I believe this is one way folk can exchange words, rather than throw cyber insults in the free-ways of this space.
Take Care and God Bless.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#464007 Oct 21, 2012
Where do people go in topix land if in 4 years of 30+ thousand posts, or in 1 month up to 1,000 ?

>>>methinks like many things this is their business<<<

Maybe a good measure to mind our own.

Well... just a splash but can't stay for now. Take care everyone and hope to see within the next 24!

&pl aynext=1&list=PL217B07DF6E 34214A&feature=results_vid eo
Swept Away

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#464008 Oct 21, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Epi...there are just so many homeless in a big city...you see them everywhere. There are also those that have mental illnesses that roam the streets. I thought that there might be fewer here than in DC but that is not the case.
***sigh***
On an upbeat note...I live down the street from the famous Market Place of Seattle. I came back that way from my thrift shopping. There is every kind of vegetable, fruit, flowers and fresh caught fish that you can imagine. I think that I am going to have to learn to cook fish! They had these really cute crabs the other day...not sure that I can cook them though...they have these little bitty eyes that just stare a hole through you! I am a wimp!
I know DC has alot....We have some especially now that the weather is cooler...They can't camp out on the Beach...but they wander around the boardwalk....We have a shelter...What is so sad that I realized is there are alot of woods around our "Rivertown" and many men and families live out in the woods in tents.

My cousins boyrfriend lived close to Washington DC's Farmers Market...They would walk to it and get fresh food and vegetables and fix them....That was AWESOME....His home was remodeled from a garage into an Archetechtual beauty...It was written up in the local paper...

You think crabs are cute...huh?....You have such a big heart you might have to have someone else BOIL em....LOL....But they are GOOD.....

Have a great day today!!!!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#464009 Oct 21, 2012
For Que....You sure this isn't you?

http://youtu.be/VO0-fLYOnw0

Adorable....Deb found it and posted it on Facebook.... I cracked up
IMO

United States

#464010 Oct 21, 2012
AnnieJ,

Old Park Bench - Inside Out.wmv
ILM of a dearest old friend.

The Friendship song -“Friends are Quiet Angels” Lovato ( Lyrics )

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,
rogerThat

AOL

#464011 Oct 21, 2012

America FOREWARNINGS 2013, 2014 -----#----

&li st=UU8Qo18rshzw6bdvE-X2Hc0Q &index=1&feature=plcp

Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#464013 Oct 21, 2012
http://news.yahoo.com/calif-family-shot-body-... This 'moocher' hadn't paid his rent in Y-E-A-R-S!!,and then he starts shootin' folks when they told him it's time to start payin',or get out! They just wanted him to start BEING A MAN and pay like anyone else would be expected to pay. Some people don't want to be anything but sorry,lazy,MOOCHERS in life.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#464014 Oct 21, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know DC has alot....We have some especially now that the weather is cooler...They can't camp out on the Beach...but they wander around the boardwalk....We have a shelter...What is so sad that I realized is there are alot of woods around our "Rivertown" and many men and families live out in the woods in tents.
My cousins boyrfriend lived close to Washington DC's Farmers Market...They would walk to it and get fresh food and vegetables and fix them....That was AWESOME....His home was remodeled from a garage into an Archetechtual beauty...It was written up in the local paper...
You think crabs are cute...huh?....You have such a big heart you might have to have someone else BOIL em....LOL....But they are GOOD.....
Have a great day today!!!!
It is said that the eyes are the windows to one's soul.

When I looked into that crabs eyes...I saw his soul pleading with me..."SAVE ME SAVE ME"! LOL They are from Alaska...just came for a visit...weekend trip the were told...they were lied to!

How can one eat something that you have seen into their soul...heard their cries of agony...shared a moment with???

Okay...okay...I never said that the thoughts that were triggered in my head made sense! LOL Maybe that is why I get along so well with the street people...

This is what I am listening to this morning. A Josh Groban song that I have never heard before...

&fe ature=g-vrec

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#464015 Oct 21, 2012
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I promised I would answer this post... Now it is Sun. 9-45pm in ours!
The diversity of Life is all round, and tho' supposed to be Spring we've had hail! Maybe folk get thrown out like the weather, when there is 'other influence' outside their own norms. Just as weather patterns are expected to remain constant. We expect and assume too much very often, and fall short of seeing that 'diversity', being very different to presumed!
<quoted text>
Sometimes, lack of understanding blocks growth in seeing differences. Like “can't see the wood for the trees”. Or lack of experience as being born and raised in a sheltered environment.- Conditioning of minds can also keep them as closed books to further growth. Many reasons would alter the journeys and paths... One has to step outside the box to be challenged in anything!
<quoted text>
I brought in the disciples to show how even they were not 'Christian by religion' when Jesus chose them, and were as chalk and cheese in their personalities also. If a team member had the same skills, and the job was to build an automobile, who would make which part or know each fits for the it? You say,”one would have to assume that he did so knowing that not all people would be reached in the same manner.” I would have to agree, even tho you assume! The mistake Christians make, then wonder why some walk away because they assume too much of a stranger they don't know! Or a cultural divide they are not accustomed to.
<quoted text>
City life can be a buzz in many ways. Making the most of where one is, I believe is a gift in Life, rather than wishing to be always somewhere else. A bit like being ourselves, rather than trying to be someone we are not.
Trust you find safety on those sidewalks of Life my Friend. I believe this is one way folk can exchange words, rather than throw cyber insults in the free-ways of this space.
Take Care and God Bless.
When I read that I would be the first that you would ask to be a disciple...I could not help but laugh. For you and I to be on a mission together...well...the world might not could handle that my friend! We are both so passionate and not afraid to express that passion. Do you think that the world could survive with you and I on the same streets! LOL

It would be fun though...together maybe we could at least make a small difference...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#464016 Oct 21, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>

I read where Steve was going to cut back on his time here...he was one of the few here that would discuss with me...even though I am just a little heathen! John (Senecus) was one of the other and he has left.
So...
Hey Annie

Just wanted to let you know I will still be around for things worthwhile as many of the things you put out for discussion are. Some people for whatever reason find it more important to show others they disprove of one thing or another and will ignore their friends or good posts in the process to make that point. Like i said before, I have never understood that. This isn't real life where someone has to shout over someone else. They simply have to scroll past a few posts and answer the ones they want. I do plan on cutting back on my time which is why I didn't even check Topix at all yesterday, but I will not being cutting back on the people I enjoy talking to, which you are one, so I will still be around for that:)

I don't blame you as far as being exasperated at trying to change things. I am sure people have varying opinions at to whether the problem stems from others not ignoring things for years on end or whether the problem is allowing trolls and fakes to set up home in here. At the end of the day I suppose it doesn't matter as it is how it is. But your efforts have always been appreciated and I will continue to keep an eye out for your posts

(T) Peace
henry

Limbach-oberfrohna, Germany

#464017 Oct 21, 2012
Just Wondering wrote:
I'm human and without thinking, I probably sin once or twice a day. One of my worst is impatience. Another is gossip. Let's face it, we all gossip and sometimes don't even realize we're doing it, like "did you hear about so and so whos name is in the paper" and that's after it's been passed along nine or ten times. Another is envy, especially when I hear of someone who has won the lottery and I think "Why them instead of me?" Laziness is another. I find myself picking up the tv remote instead of picking up the Bible and searching for the answer to a question that is bothering me and asking for guidance. I could go on and on but in my heart, Jesus and God are very important to me and I feel that I am loved in spite of the fact that I have to apologize to Him every day, sometimes more than once even though I feel in my heart that I don't deserve the love and peace that follow. Anyhow, JMHO. Blessings to all, I for one am going to work on those that I have mentioned and hopefully be a better person for it.
Jesus and god? Jesus is long ago dead and god never existed even for a second. BTW there was never any god at all!

Location hidden

#464018 Oct 21, 2012
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I should have just looked up a few posts before i posted to LW and I would have had my answer.
Once a dickhead always a dickhead eh coffey..........even a heart attack cant change that..........
How did I know the second something happened with Whispers again you would show up? It has only been a pattern for over a year

Who are you REALLY?

Well, hope this doesn't mean you gave up on your home business. Perhaps something in the field of computer stalking? You'd be a pro

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#464019 Oct 21, 2012
IMO wrote:
AnnieJ,
Old Park Bench - Inside Out.wmv
ILM of a dearest old friend.
The Friendship song -“Friends are Quiet Angels” Lovato ( Lyrics )
1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,
Good morning IMO!

I love old park benches. They are a place where you can sit by a stranger for a few minutes and share a bit of life...even if you don't say a word.

Where I lived before...at this one metro center...there was a lady with all of her belongings that was always on the bench outside. When I would arrive she would move her things over so I could sit down...share a few words...most of the time we would just sit.

I wonder about her...if she has found shelter when the weather turned cold or if...she still sits on the bench.

I love the lines from the "Old Park Bench"...

a sea of smile and a river of tears
a flood of memories
imagination will take me back

on an Old Park Bench

okay...off to listen to your other song
henry

#464020 Oct 21, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
DR has it rough this election. Has to choose between a Mormon and a black man.
Either he has to betray his 'religion' or the KKK.
Good thing Hillary isn't running or he would be contemplating suicide.
It is the Billionairs who rule the US. So the nation has never a chance for the 99%. Capitalism? Means: capitalism and war are twins!
henry

#464021 Oct 21, 2012
Just A Wet Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Lil Whispers,
sure there is room for growth in everybody. Room for growth in me too. No one is the exception. I spent me working life in a factory so of course burns are something I've encoured many times. Burns in the kitchen too.
I can't see you. I can only read the words that you post. I can't see your face. I can't read your body language as you react to what I say. It's when people open up and talk about their experiences that we can feel for them. The eyes can be very telling.
Doctor Reality. Words only but very revealing about his heart. He was in agony for days for a poor little Chineese girl. He still carries her in his heart. He probably will carry her there for the rest of his life. A little girl run down in careless moments of insanity. To not love has got to be insane really. Every death has a messsage for mankind.
Now. My wife said something last night. It might need to be a woman that notices, I hadn't made the connection until she said it.
Born in to this world in pain. The pains of childbirth. I can imagine what she went through when she gave birth to our kids. I don't need to know the full extent of the pain. Worse than the acid upset in the stomach than I've endured before now. I can amplify that pain in my minds eye to get an understanding of her pain. Born in the agony of love.
Born from above in the agony of love too. That's the connection she made last night. Jesus endured agony so that we may be born from above. We need to be in pain too. Godly sorrow. Why that way? It wouldn't have been that way if it were not for the absence of love. God is love and Jesus said "My God my God why have you forsaken me?" Who in the right mind would crucify Jesus? Jesus is love personified and who would put love to death? The evil in them wanted to get rid of pure love. It's a big mistake when some say that either the Jews or the Romans crucified Jesus. We all have a hand in sin. Be it what we do or what we fail to do. It can be a sin to turn a blind eye and ignore. Coldness to love.
Now. There is a second hand shop in the City called CEX. The Compter Exchange. They sell second hand DVds that can be picked up for as little as a pound. Christine and Jennifer go in there sometimes and come home with something. This was earlier this year. They went together and saw a second hand copy of The Passion of the Christ. We have a copy of that film. I can't imagine selling it. Apparently they only give twenty pence for a DVD. Why would someone let that film go? It has a very important message for mankind. I wouldnt recommend little children watch it. It gives quite a graphic description of what Jesus went through. Maybe someone else has bought that film that they couldn't otherwise afford. It may have had a deep impact on them.
God bless you. Have a good day.
In a capitalist society war wins, nothing else!

Location hidden

#464022 Oct 21, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Cheers Skom ~ I believe I have experienced that which I have been through so that I can tell of these experiences. Might not make much sense, but if I had not had to flee interstate with my children, the Labrador would not have knocked on the door and I would never have realised the Power of Prayer. Long long story, and now, the father of my children are good friends, and one would not know that at one time, I left my family due to his drinking and violence. He know longer drinks.....
I think perhaps we are all hurt, and if we use our hurt we can draw closer to GOD as HE takes our hurt, and smoothes it over like warm chocolate on top of a cake :)
While some things I can't see the answers for and other things I may not like the reason, I am a big believer that things happen for a reason. And if in your case the reason was it brought you closer to God and helped you realize the power of prayer then whatever boulders you had to overcome on your road may look small in comparison when looking back from heaven's gate and awaiting the arrival of your children.

While at angers me to my core you had to endure some of what you did, my spirit rejoices to where it has led you. And thank you for being understanding of my lack of focus. I should have realized what I was posting and how it could be perceived. Great to see you.

(T) Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min onemale 280,920
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 min Voyeur 38,446
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min MUQ2 44,475
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min scientia potentia... 39,078
My "I STILL LOVE YOU and MISS YOU" song 22 min Doctor REALITY 1
Do black women shave their pubic hair like whit... (Jun '09) 27 min ted good for noth... 61
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 36 min Johnny 212
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Joe Fortuna 970,201
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Catholic24 642,149
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Annaleigh 104,793
More from around the web