Why Should Jesus Love Me?

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#463421 Oct 17, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...at times it does appear that we become that "glutten for punishment".
There is another side to it though...I have been and still am at times that "glutten for punishment". There are some of us that for some reason our character is to just keep trying. Hoping that something we say or do will change something. Is it biological...environmental...o r is it just a part of whatever faith and belief system that we adhere to. Maybe it is a bit of all of it.
It took me most of my life to realize when to "walk away". That is if I have actually learned to do that. It is hard...almost like an addiction...you might be able to get it under control but the instinct/desire remains.
I will say however...I think that over time pride and ego takes over...almost as if you don't keep trying you will have failed. I don't know...just trying to look at this honestly.
At times however that need to keep trying causes us to become enablers. If someone is always willing to forgive in a sense we are telling them..."no matter how you behave...you are still forgiven, loved, wanted".
Then you are faced with for those that are Christian...What would Jesus do? The Christian faith is built on Jesus forgiving sins...and they are to do likewise. I won't post scripture but the Bible is filled with passage after passage. 7x70 sums it up. At least it always did for me...still does I suppose!
I'm sorry...got carried away. I know that you don't like my long posts and many questions. Just between your post and Steve's...these were just a few of the thoughts that went through my head. At least you didn't get them all! LOL
"I know that you don't like my long posts and many questions."
You'd be wrong ...it's just that some days novels are so mentally challenging. Those are good short story days. But you couldn't know one day to the next since we convey over an internet medium.

Long or short, I'm quite fond of you ...and that's that.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#463423 Oct 17, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since I "scroll" past his and Doctor Shrinks...I just saw the first part of the young girl was being taken to England...and did not read beyond that....Do you still read all his posts and Doc Shrinks?....
You assumed alot with my PEACEFUL comment.....Hey I will always be one that will want PEACE in here...There won't be because that is LIFE....Not everyone sees things the same...But remember what you post at the very end of all your comments....
Peace
>>(PEACE)<<<
:-)
PS..Great to hear about the Tigers....I hope they get to go to the World Series
let me tell
he posts different,and thinking different,
it is like double toungue,or hipocrite trying to control cyber different mentalities

his last word Peace, is complete in reverse,
because he cause not peace here,only war,not sympathies to others,fear, and own glories,

EPI,you know this,
True christianity exist not under his definition

to be in spiritual Peace,
is to not all the time ignore,insult,or try to ban,
But respect to others,mutual work for unity, accepting or not opinions others,be patient, great free giver, and understandable

God bless you mrs Epi

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#463424 Oct 17, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since I "scroll" past his and Doctor Shrinks...I just saw the first part of the young girl was being taken to England...and did not read beyond that....Do you still read all his posts and Doc Shrinks?....
You assumed alot with my PEACEFUL comment.....Hey I will always be one that will want PEACE in here...There won't be because that is LIFE....Not everyone sees things the same...But remember what you post at the very end of all your comments....
Peace
>>(PEACE)<<<
Don't take this as a personal attack, just something to consider:

"Don't pretend to dress the wounds of my people saying,'Peace, Peace ' when there is no peace." - Jeremiah 6:14

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:...
...A time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;...." - Ecclesiasties 3

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#463425 Oct 17, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
part 2 of 2
But onto us (the room) as most people don't fall into the "lost cause".(Other than some exceptions based on principle, the lost causes are better off ignored) So where is the line, why does it move and how subjective is it? I think a lot of people still are afraid to rebuke a friend. Others only do that because they know their friends won't bury them. I am sure we are all guilty of giving more latitude to those we like. That is just human nature.
But IMO it is one thing to remain silent, it is another to oppose those that don't. I am not defending some flaming war back and forth with a troll. But if people rebuked or ignored bad postings AND the people posting them until they change, you would see them change or leave IMO. And depending on the person, whether rebuking or ignoring may be more effective.
I am not going to get into specifics as it would only stir things up further but to me, we allow waaay too much game playing. There is no cause for someone not to just be who they are, whoever that is be it in name or approach or claimed beliefs or whatever back-story they have given or the writing style they use and that they use their own words. If those things aren't consistent and are always changing, there is no honesty there IMO. Yet if that person compliments someone or praises God or simply is a friend then everything is overlooked. I am not saying bury someone or cut them off because they played a game somewhere for whatever reason. Stay friends with them, still support them, whatever but hold them accountable. Tell them be themselves if they expect to be taken seriously.
IDK. It probably is a lot to do with subjectivity, double-standards, ego, and simply well-meaning hearts that aren't thinking it through. And sometimes it is just people trying to do the best they can. Only each person can engage in introspection and answer those questions for themselves. But for me, I don't want to trade morality for peace not civility for honesty. We gotta maintain a minimum level of both morality and honesty or the rest doesn't even matter
JMO anyway
(T) Peace
IMO and only my opinion...

Each time that we sit back and say nothing against atrocities (even minor ones) we might think that we are keeping the peace but there is one person that found no peace...the person that the atrocity was committed against. That person IMO is left feeling either as if they are the one in the wrong or that no one cares or at least cares enough to speak up.

Then again...can we possibly as individuals speak up on all that is wrong...on every atrocity that is committed? Will we suffer burn out...become apathetic...or just give up when no results or support comes along.

Or do we fight the battles that touches us the most.

I will use myself as an example...sigh...

I read the post that shrinky dink made about Serah's dog. I was appalled that someone would be so cruel. I know how much she loved that dog.

However...I said nothing...for two reasons.

First...it would do no good and just start another flame war by the poster of those cruel words. It had just been suggested to ignore so that I what I did.

The other reason...and one that is hard to admit. I think that it is known that Serah and I don't always see eye to eye on things. Most of our exchanges have been not hostile but certainly not completely civil either. I KNOW that being on the other side of the fence from her most of the time influenced my action of not speaking up.

Either reason for not speaking up was not right.

So...while I am at this confession...I will take the time to apologize to Serah...if I was that appalled by the words said to her...I should have not remained silent...regardless of a moratorium put on responses...regardless of my own personal opinion...I should have done what was right.

Okay...that was not comfortable to admit but...

Oh well...No one promised me that life would always be comfortable!

:-(
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#463426 Oct 17, 2012
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I also like to listen, but not always,
there is to much worldy bad habits around
have good day mr Adam
You sure mean Chris Martins moves on his piano.
Ok check this version. This is more civilized.

Have a good one.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#463427 Oct 17, 2012
Okay...third time trying to post this...if they all show up...I am sorry.
Maybe it is a sign...I should not be posting! LOL

Skombolis wrote:
part 2 of 2
But onto us (the room) as most people don't fall into the "lost cause".(Other than some exceptions based on principle, the lost causes are better off ignored) So where is the line, why does it move and how subjective is it? I think a lot of people still are afraid to rebuke a friend. Others only do that because they know their friends won't bury them. I am sure we are all guilty of giving more latitude to those we like. That is just human nature.
But IMO it is one thing to remain silent, it is another to oppose those that don't. I am not defending some flaming war back and forth with a troll. But if people rebuked or ignored bad postings AND the people posting them until they change, you would see them change or leave IMO. And depending on the person, whether rebuking or ignoring may be more effective.

*SHORTENED FOR LENGTH...STEVE AND I COMBINED ARE JUST TOOOOOOO WORDY FOR TOPIX!

IDK. It probably is a lot to do with subjectivity, double-standards, ego, and simply well-meaning hearts that aren't thinking it through. And sometimes it is just people trying to do the best they can. Only each person can engage in introspection and answer those questions for themselves. But for me, I don't want to trade morality for peace not civility for honesty. We gotta maintain a minimum level of both morality and honesty or the rest doesn't even matter
JMO anyway
(T) Peace
IMO and only my opinion...

Each time that we sit back and say nothing against atrocities (even minor ones) we might think that we are keeping the peace but there is one person that found no peace...the person that the atrocity was committed against. That person IMO is left feeling either as if they are the one in the wrong or that no one cares or at least cares enough to speak up.

Then again...can we possibly as individuals speak up on all that is wrong...on every atrocity that is committed? Will we suffer burn out...become apathetic...or just give up when no results or support comes along.

I will use myself as an example...sigh...

I read the post that shrinky dink made about Serah's dog. I was appalled that someone would be so cruel. I know how much she loved that dog.

First...it would do no good and just start another flame war by the poster of those cruel words. It had just been suggested to ignore so that is what I did.

The other reason...and one that is hard to admit. I think that it is known that Serah and I don't always see eye to eye on things. Most of our exchanges have been not hostile but certainly not completely civil either. I KNOW that being on the other side of the fence from her most of the time influenced my action of not speaking up.

Either reason for not speaking up was not right.

So...while I am at this confession...I will take the time to apologize to Serah...if I was that appalled by the words said to her...I should have not remained silent...regardless of a moratorium put on responses...regardless of my own personal opinion...I should have done what was right.

Okay...that was not comfortable to admit but...no one ever promised me that life would be...comfortable!

Oh well...
:-(

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#463428 Oct 17, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace
>>(PEACE)<<<
Well thank you for remaining patient with me sister. We were not on the same page at first and it looks like I read more into it then I should have. And it may have played a factor inversely as well as far as the whole post just because my response my have seemed disproportionate if was being compared just to the first part of the post as, unfortunate as it is, that was certainly nothing new from him.

Anyway, I do know you want to see peace in general and I apologize for not asking you first instead of assuming there was some sort of trade-off for the sake of peace.

Thanks for the encouragement as far as the tigers and the reminder of my personal goal

Have a good day my friend

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#463429 Oct 17, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to know what "thuggery" I teach.
But of course we all know that the "Obsessed One" is notorious for throwing slanderous accusations out there that are so far from the truth that it's laughable. Which is what Topix probably did when they read what he wrote just before they filed it in the garbage.
Exactly. Obvious he was hoping Topix would take his dishonesty as face value. I can only imagine their past dealings with him have shown them otherwise

(T) Peace

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#463430 Oct 17, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take this as a personal attack, just something to consider:
"Don't pretend to dress the wounds of my people saying,'Peace, Peace ' when there is no peace." - Jeremiah 6:14
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:...
...A time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;...." - Ecclesiasties 3
True....We won't see real peace down here....But we should try to find Peace (even if it is....Within)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#463431 Oct 17, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods way will trump our way.....If we want to do something we should search in the word to get the answer. Its always easier to do things our way. The hard way is doing it Gods Way....
Do you think Gods will and Gods way are two different things?
Good question...I think...

I have been giving it some thought...not sure that I know how I want to answer it yet but will continue to think about as I get some work done today.

I will say that I think that we differ on our beliefs about God's involvement in our lives...how much will...or way...that he is involved in.

I have conflicts in my own beliefs on that subject...have wrestled with that often.

Let me get it clear in my own mind before I give a response...
Adam

#463432 Oct 17, 2012
The live guitar solo of the song Paradise makes me addicted.Sounds better than the album version.
Adam

#463433 Oct 17, 2012
I bet Jesus loves this song.

Location hidden

#463434 Oct 17, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
Okay...third time trying to post this...if they all show up...I am sorry.
Maybe it is a sign...I should not be posting! LOT
LOL
AnnieJ wrote:
That person IMO is left feeling either as if they are the one in the wrong or that no one cares or at least cares enough to speak up.
Then again...can we possibly as individuals speak up on all that is wrong...on every atrocity that is committed?Will we suffer burn out...become apathetic...or just give up when no results or support comes along.
And therein lies the rub. Even if we overcome our subjectivity are we simply banging our heads against the wall trying to rebuke someone who could care less? Yet it is an important thing that we not let the person victimized feel the attack went without notice or concern, or even worse that it was condoned

I decided the other day to try a different approach after seeing a vile post made to Serah. While including some disgust for the person that made the post about Puggy I thought perhaps the best way to handle it was to make sure Serah knew I saw it and that my decision how to handle it was point out she had a friend in here who was looking forward to seeing her. I felt that made my stance on what was said to her pretty obvious. So maybe that is the best way to go? Instead of fighting with jerks all day that won't change, just instead surround the person something was said to with support. Then they see they clearly have friends here who value them and we get to skip feeding the troll

Some things still have to be addressed IMO on principle or if damaging lies are being attempted to be passed off as truth but I am saying as a general rule
AnnieJ wrote:
First...it would do no good and just start another flame war by the poster of those cruel words. It had just been suggested to ignore so that is what I did.
The other reason...and one that is hard to admit. I think that it is known that Serah and I don't always see eye to eye on things. Most of our exchanges have been not hostile but certainly not completely civil either.
Both things make it much harder to be sure. Maybe though even something like "even though we don't always see eye to eye, know I think what was said to you was wrong". There are times we will let someone we have clashed with take some lumps and that is human nature too. But I think the good people in here all have pretty similar feelings on what things are far over the line and on those things we must pull together

JMO

(T) Peace
Adam

#463435 Oct 17, 2012
The song begins with organ music and is accompanied by orchestral music.
Adam

#463436 Oct 17, 2012
I know Annie J loves that song too.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#463438 Oct 17, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank you for remaining patient with me sister. We were not on the same page at first and it looks like I read more into it then I should have. And it may have played a factor inversely as well as far as the whole post just because my response my have seemed disproportionate if was being compared just to the first part of the post as, unfortunate as it is, that was certainly nothing new from him.
Anyway, I do know you want to see peace in general and I apologize for not asking you first instead of assuming there was some sort of trade-off for the sake of peace.
Thanks for the encouragement as far as the tigers and the reminder of my personal goal
Have a good day my friend
(T) Peace

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#463439 Oct 17, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question...I think...
I have been giving it some thought...not sure that I know how I want to answer it yet but will continue to think about as I get some work done today.
I will say that I think that we differ on our beliefs about God's involvement in our lives...how much will...or way...that he is involved in.
I have conflicts in my own beliefs on that subject...have wrestled with that often.
Let me get it clear in my own mind before I give a response...
Adam

#463440 Oct 17, 2012
Just A Wet Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Skombolis, throughout I have been telling you that slander is not the way to follow. Throughout I have been stating why Jesus suffered and died. Be you like it or not we are Christians. Not Taliban supporters. Not mass murderers. Epiphany2 posted a great clue to your problem. We know you are a loner and a hothead. We have known that all along.
Be you like it or not Christians have loving hearts. That means caring about what is going on in the world. You can't see why we should care. Rather you want to see something entirely different. You want to see something that is sinister and evil. That shows in the accusations you make in your posts.
It is about love Skombolis. Caring about the well being of others. We share the things of our hearts and in that way we show each other our hearts. Love. It's about love!
This is a topic that you call a room. It is posts left by posters for others to read after them. It is not a room. It is a topic on Topix called "why should Jesus love me?"
Red Apples will talk about the weather and spam the topic about his beloved tigers. That's acceptible to you. We mention the weather and the affairs of our hearts and you see a a non existant ilness. You see some deranged Taliban suporter. You don't see the reality. That's your mental illness. You need to recognise that illness for yourself. You need a form of help the Internet might not be able to give you. You need a closer form of Christian councelling. Human to human and face to face. That means using your legs and not just your fingers.
Be you like it or not, we are who we are and we are Christians.
You have managed to show that you had no problem accepting that Deb posted with both Ham and his daughter. You are showing you have no problem with Epiphany2 posting with both Judy and her sister. You show no problem accepting that Hick-up met Micah and Sencus met G.
So why have you got a problem accepting we know Steve and that we care as Christians?
As for Rose, you can't accept the reality that she doesn't even know about Topix. She still doesn't as far as I'm aware at any rate.
We know Red Apples won't help you with your problem. He has busied himself pushing you further in to it even though I gave him a chance to bury his part due to a heart attack! Take a real look at that monster. He has repeatedly mocked who he thinks is mentally finding it hilarious. Does that strike you as being Christian behaviour? There is the immorality. He is a nasty piece of work. He doesn't want to think about why Jesus suffered and died. He has constantly refused to think about what Jesus went through for us. No Godly sorrow with that immoral Charachter who wears a fake Id. He is not a Christian. He is leading you astray. He feads you with insanity.
You are having it from a Christian father Skombolis! Think about things I've been saying regarding Muhammad. Do you really think a Taliban supporter would be stating those things?
The reality is you can't see the reality. That's proven in your post I've had to shorten to get this one in. You post the insanity that comes from your head!
If it isn't us it will about someone else! Cindy and now Steve777. Your own problem is increasing. Please note, I'm showing no nastiness towards you in any of this. You need help and it's time your best friends recognised that about you, for your own sake.
Now have a nice day.
That was Judas not Jesus who died on your cross.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#463441 Oct 17, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know that you don't like my long posts and many questions."
You'd be wrong ...it's just that some days novels are so mentally challenging. Those are good short story days. But you couldn't know one day to the next since we convey over an internet medium.
Long or short, I'm quite fond of you ...and that's that.

Some days a thought is triggered and usually those questions are things that I have asked myself at some point. Some I am still searching for answers...some I have found those answers...some answers I liked...others I didn't!

LOL I am well aware that at times I can be quite wordy!
Adam

#463442 Oct 17, 2012
Just A Wet Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello CM,
be specific! State exactly what you mean when you say I should change the way I post!
You are the numbskull who send me pathetic emails calling me Steve.
You might not realise it but the game playing that is going on in this topic is sending Skombolis insane! What does he see in our posts? Taliban supporters and mass murderers! He doesn't see Christians in our posts at all. We talk about Jesus suffering and dying on the cross and God's love towards mankind and Skombolis sees Taliban suporters and masss murderers instead of what is posted! Are you going to tell me that's a sound mind?
John can obssess about being John and christine can obssess about whgo she is because are who we are. Thats reality and not insanity!
Dr. Shrink shouts out game playing very loudly in this topic. It stares everyone in the face and all he does is make a total mockery of everything and everyone. The likes of him is sending others balmy! All Red Apples wants to do is drive Skombolis further in to insanity! Insanity! Something he finds hilarious!
You welcome lies about Christ in the form of G who posts but you can't wait to get rid of Christians. Do you really know what you are doing yourself as "Christian mam"? It doesn't look like it!
Why can't some of you just be honest with each other? How much simpler things would be. Don't you think?
Carry on!
Jesus said following in the gospel of Barnebas chapter 202.

Your own tongues condemn your pride, inasmuch as our God is loved more by the sinner that repents, knowing the great mercy of God upon him, than by the righteous. For the righteous has not knowledge of the mercy of God. Wherefore there is more rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repents than over ninety and nine righteous persons. Where are the righteous in our time? As God lives, in whose presence my soul stands, great is the number of the righteous unrighteous; their condition being like to that of Satan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min WildWeirdWillie 51,730
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 3 hr c840xba 26
shuh up meathead! 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
NJ Home Remodeling Contractors Information by P... 3 hr Pangione Developers 1
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 8
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Gabriel 991,936
News FBI is investigating the Clinton Foundation, so... 5 hr Retribution 88
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr Michael 693,160
More from around the web