<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VSaDPc1Cs5UXX
That was good!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#463368 Oct 17, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
As I read your words, in all honesty my thoughts are that you are a glutton for punishment. But in truth we all surely are ...the few remaining posters of a once thriving meeting place.
I say he's just jerking your chain ...
You say you're following your heart ...
So prove me wrong or make me a told you so.
Good luck ...
Personally I agreed with your first post simply because of the collateral damage. Should someone like Serah have to show up to read about her dead dog peeing on her from Heaven or any of the other things he has written?

Is encouraging John to live in a fantasy world that makes him think those that don't accept it are the problem doing any good or is it making things worse?

Sometime, and this may sound harsh and it isn't meant to be, IMO people want to feel they have done the right thing and look at the consequences past that. And it is very hard to tell someone, well you shouldn't show love to someone or somehow being kind by allowing them to pretend is the wrong thing to do. But IMO it is just as harmful as engaging them back and forth all day. Because if Shrink thinks he can fool even on person, that alone is enough to keep him here permanently. If John thinks even one person accepts his fantasy he will never let it go. And if the result of them being here is doing more harm than good, what is the price for those acts of kindness?

Christ said love your neighbor but he also said dust off your sandals and it is said to remove the wicked from among you because at a certain point one simply has to accept that only God can change a particular situation. And trying further as men is only going to get others hurt. JMO anyway

(T) Peace

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#463369 Oct 17, 2012
Christian Man wrote:
<quoted text>
That was good!
Just makes me want to cloths pin some playing cards to the forks of that ol spyder bike and rat-ta-tat-tat down the street.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#463370 Oct 17, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
As I read your words, in all honesty my thoughts are that you are a glutton for punishment. But in truth we all surely are ...the few remaining posters of a once thriving meeting place.
I say he's just jerking your chain ...
You say you're following your heart ...
So prove me wrong or make me a told you so.
Good luck ...
Yes...at times it does appear that we become that "glutten for punishment".

There is another side to it though...I have been and still am at times that "glutten for punishment". There are some of us that for some reason our character is to just keep trying. Hoping that something we say or do will change something. Is it biological...environmental...o r is it just a part of whatever faith and belief system that we adhere to. Maybe it is a bit of all of it.

It took me most of my life to realize when to "walk away". That is if I have actually learned to do that. It is hard...almost like an addiction...you might be able to get it under control but the instinct/desire remains.

I will say however...I think that over time pride and ego takes over...almost as if you don't keep trying you will have failed. I don't know...just trying to look at this honestly.

At times however that need to keep trying causes us to become enablers. If someone is always willing to forgive in a sense we are telling them..."no matter how you behave...you are still forgiven, loved, wanted".

Then you are faced with for those that are Christian...What would Jesus do? The Christian faith is built on Jesus forgiving sins...and they are to do likewise. I won't post scripture but the Bible is filled with passage after passage. 7x70 sums it up. At least it always did for me...still does I suppose!

I'm sorry...got carried away. I know that you don't like my long posts and many questions. Just between your post and Steve's...these were just a few of the thoughts that went through my head. At least you didn't get them all! LOL

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#463371 Oct 17, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray people do what is right today. And if as a consequence of that, there is peace then all the better.
Have a good day as well my friend
(T) Peace
Hey Steve.....

The right way is GODS way.....Right?

You too.....

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#463372 Oct 17, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I agreed with your first post simply because of the collateral damage. Should someone like Serah have to show up to read about her dead dog peeing on her from Heaven or any of the other things he has written?
Is encouraging John to live in a fantasy world that makes him think those that don't accept it are the problem doing any good or is it making things worse?
Sometime, and this may sound harsh and it isn't meant to be, IMO people want to feel they have done the right thing and look at the consequences past that. And it is very hard to tell someone, well you shouldn't show love to someone or somehow being kind by allowing them to pretend is the wrong thing to do. But IMO it is just as harmful as engaging them back and forth all day. Because if Shrink thinks he can fool even on person, that alone is enough to keep him here permanently. If John thinks even one person accepts his fantasy he will never let it go. And if the result of them being here is doing more harm than good, what is the price for those acts of kindness?
Christ said love your neighbor but he also said dust off your sandals and it is said to remove the wicked from among you because at a certain point one simply has to accept that only God can change a particular situation. And trying further as men is only going to get others hurt. JMO anyway
(T) Peace
Following questions are triggered by the events on this thread but are actually more about our own personal journeys.

When do you know when the time comes to dust off your sandals? I always feared giving up too quickly...maybe one more jesture...one more kind words...one more act of compassion would be the changing factor.

How much of it is pride and ego that doesn't allow us to give up??? How much of it is beliefs???

For some I believe that it is harder to walk away than it is to stay and deal with the abuse.

On the other hand...I look back over my own life...those times that I didn't dust off my sandals. In most cases...I should have. It would have avoided a lot of pain and misery.

Those times that I did shake the dust off...I still wonder if I had of made one more attempt...would it have changed the outcome. I don't know...never will I suppose. In one sense my life has probably been easier because I did. I still wonder though...

I have been grateful to those that didn't give up on me. Looking back...they should have!!! I am sure that I was just a pain in the butt for them!!! LOL

“Don't feed the trolls...”

Since: Jun 07

Thomson, GA

#463373 Oct 17, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Just makes me want to cloths pin some playing cards to the forks of that ol spyder bike and rat-ta-tat-tat down the street.
Aaahhhhh...the good ole days!
A piece of a milk jug cut into roughly a playing card shape worked really good too and lasted longer!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#463375 Oct 17, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Steve.....
You too.....
Good morrrrrrrning Epi!

When I read your post...my first thought...

Have you ever noticed how often that "God's way" seems to coincide with...

"Our way"??? LOL

Seems like things just keep triggering thoughts in my delusional head this morning!

I wonder...

If something doesn't work out as we planned or wanted...was it "God's way" or did we just not work hard enough...keep trying.

IMO...determining God's will is almost impossible because of our own minds and desires...and actions. How much is it manipulated?

I know you will say "pray" but even those prayers can be manipulated...unintentionally. ..but manipulated all the same.

If we don't get the job that we wanted...was it God's will or did we just not qualify or try hard enough.

If we...we there are all kinds of "ifs" but I think that you will understand what I am trying to say.

I am faced with that right now in a way...

I think the signs are there and have been for a while...are they there because it is "God's will" or am I seeing the signs because I have the needs?

Sigh...

Oh well...

Location hidden

#463376 Oct 17, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Steve.....
You too.....
Yes

And Jesus rebuked when he needed to, even telling Peter at one point to get behind him

Someone was seeking to use the tragic suicide of a young girl to promote their own selfish agenda. I think Jesus would have been fine with speaking out

Sometimes when the only conflict is over something there should be conflict over and i read about just how much you want to walk in the room and see peace or you remind everyone to have a peaceful day and put it in caps it just feels like at times you would prefer someone would have said nothing so long as it results in 'peace'. Yet his rambling posts also included his continued insistence he is an entire family which I know people who don't believe that have played along with anyway. Has the end-result been peace from playing along?

I know we may disagree on this again my friend but it is the difference to me between peace that comes from things being as they should not peace simply from not speaking out against anything. Just how i see it I guess

(T) Peace

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#463378 Oct 17, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a godless atheist.
Look who's talking.

Location hidden

#463379 Oct 17, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Following questions are triggered by the events on this thread but are actually more about our own personal journeys.
When do you know when the time comes to dust off your sandals? I always feared giving up too quickly...maybe one more jesture...one more kind words...one more act of compassion would be the changing factor.
How much of it is pride and ego that doesn't allow us to give up??? How much of it is beliefs???
For some I believe that it is harder to walk away than it is to stay and deal with the abuse.
On the other hand...I look back over my own life...those times that I didn't dust off my sandals. In most cases...I should have. It would have avoided a lot of pain and misery.
Those times that I did shake the dust off...I still wonder if I had of made one more attempt...would it have changed the outcome. I don't know...never will I suppose. In one sense my life has probably been easier because I did. I still wonder though...
I have been grateful to those that didn't give up on me. Looking back...they should have!!! I am sure that I was just a pain in the butt for them!!! LOL
It is an interesting question

I am sure people come up short both ways.

I would think one way someone comes up short is not trying hard enough. That normally is the usual way. Most people are hardly going to get accused of trying too hard or caring too much before finally walking away. And there are times when who knows if the next act of kindness or love might have made a difference?

But then I think there are some obvious examples of when it has gone too far. Parents who enable a kid on drugs, a wife who continues to defend her husband for beating her, continuing to try with a guy who is as vile today as he was 2 years ago and keeps hurting others every chance he can or at least tries to, etc.

Normally the line probably isn't always clear. However I think basically not trying at all or constantly reaching so long into no return on the investment does make it clearer in those cases. Why people would falter in the first is obvious, they simply are lazy or don't care enough to make the effort. But why they may falter in the latter example is more complicated. I think pride can be an issue. Not only for succeeding and not accepting they can't turn someone around but sometimes (and while i don't think that is the case in recent events) people sometimes enjoy the sanctimony that can be claimed. "Oh you gave up? Well, I am still trying, I guess I just love Jesus more" kind of thing! But again, I mention it only because i think there are situations where that is true so it should be mentioned, again I don't think that is the case inhere over anything recent.

But you asked some good questions and the answers I think are ones everyone may struggle with as far as how much is enough and how much is too much

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#463381 Oct 17, 2012
Edit Annie:

Had I been able to see a certain post while replying i would have added a person who is clearly mocking our faith and is not sincere when referring to it and pretending to care about it is not someone looking to be reached. And at some point the responsibility falls on us. And I think we have to ask ourselves, am I doing this for me or for them? Because I want to feel like I have done the right thing or is this the right thing?

If a person by their continued presence does damage, and reaching out ensure they will stick around, then that unfortunately must be weighed into the decision. If a parent enable a kid using and he keeps stealing from his brothers and sisters, should they have to pay the price for their parents efforts? If a wife defends her husband that beats her and he also beats her kids, should her kids have to suffer for her refusal to stop loving him?

If it is just between two people that is one thing. When it affects others, it changes the dynamic IMO

(T) Peace
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#463382 Oct 17, 2012
Bible Jehova laws not JW wrote:
<quoted text>
this mad man dr shrink is without of any excuses,
but following example of Jesus our Lord,
we have to love our enemies, and forgive mad man who made collateral damage on the internet, and despised others, revealing also himself how bad wicked sinfull are all earth humans
with my love agape to you my dear brother skom,and all around posting from now in Peace?
MISTER?
why are you talking vicious words against my beloved cousin,brother,and doctor of all spiritualy mental retarded unsaved faken christians?
why you put one more sand shovel on his earthly grave full of thrown worldy mud?
why? why?why?
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#463384 Oct 17, 2012
Prince Helmut Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
MISTER?
why are you talking vicious words against my beloved cousin,brother,and doctor of all spiritualy mental retarded unsaved faken christians?
why you put one more sand shovel on his earthly grave full of thrown worldy mud?
why? why?why?
thank you my beloved prince,
your words have healing power, and allowed poor dr Shrink raise up,and send to you
Words of love,thankfulness,and compasion
I love you Prince helmut

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#463385 Oct 17, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Normally the line probably isn't always clear.

(T) Peace
Here is believe is where the conflict lies.

What is not clear to some may be clear to someone else.

I think that we all draw that line where we are comfortable...only taking a stand when we ourselves have become uncomfortable. I think that line moves however when it involves ourselves or someone that we "like".

Coming back to this thread for a minute...

There have been times on this thread when I have felt if someone not only stepped across the line but demolished as they did so. Yet at the same time someone will see the "good heart" or just say "it does no good to speak up".

IMO (and I have definitely been guilty of it) What we are displaying to others is...we don't care or it is not worth the effort...not worth disrupting the peace over.

Often we only stand up to those that are on the same side of the fence that we find ourselves on. Why is that? Is it because we "fear" retaliation? We will get jumped then from both sides? Or is it that not only in a place such as this but in real life...we need ally's? What I have found is that one side will love you as long as you are standing up for them but when you stand up against them...well...it is not pretty!

I guess my last question is...whose right and whose wrong do we go by?

I know...I know...a lot of questions but these are questions that I often ask myself...in my life!

That line I think moves...depending on who is drawing that line.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#463386 Oct 17, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Annie:
Had I been able to see a certain post while replying i would have added a person who is clearly mocking our faith and is not sincere when referring to it and pretending to care about it is not someone looking to be reached. And at some point the responsibility falls on us. And I think we have to ask ourselves, am I doing this for me or for them? Because I want to feel like I have done the right thing or is this the right thing?
If a person by their continued presence does damage, and reaching out ensure they will stick around, then that unfortunately must be weighed into the decision. If a parent enable a kid using and he keeps stealing from his brothers and sisters, should they have to pay the price for their parents efforts? If a wife defends her husband that beats her and he also beats her kids, should her kids have to suffer for her refusal to stop loving him?
If it is just between two people that is one thing. When it affects others, it changes the dynamic IMO
(T) Peace
you are right skom
we have to deffend our faith, and expose lies ,who slander us, and despise us
All of people like me,or you,love own way our precious Lord Jesus Christ
also grow daily in His love,and perfection,not forgeting Psalm 116;11
who is applied to all of us,me too?
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#463388 Oct 17, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that we all draw that line where we are comfortable...only taking a stand when we ourselves have become uncomfortable. I think that line moves however when it involves ourselves or someone that we "like".
There have been times on this thread when I have felt if someone not only stepped across the line but demolished as they did so. Yet at the same time someone will see the "good heart" or just say "it does no good to speak up".
IMO (and I have definitely been guilty of it) What we are displaying to others is...we don't care or it is not worth the effort...not worth disrupting the peace over.
Often we only stand up to those that are on the same side of the fence that we find ourselves on. Why is that? Is it because we "fear" retaliation? We will get jumped then from both sides? Or is it that not only in a place such as this but in real life...we need ally's? What I have found is that one side will love you as long as you are standing up for them but when you stand up against them...well...it is not pretty!
I know...I know...a lot of questions but these are questions that I often ask myself...in my life!
sweety
your cyber rethroics are always good,and healthy for those with narrow mind,and earthly disguitng passion of own ego, own love,and hates others.
have good day mrs mama Annie
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#463390 Oct 17, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>U2
but you are excluded,mister boo,seating 24 hours on this topic,and posted ungodly things.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#463391 Oct 17, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
And Jesus rebuked when he needed to, even telling Peter at one point to get behind him
Someone was seeking to use the tragic suicide of a young girl to promote their own selfish agenda. I think Jesus would have been fine with speaking out
Sometimes when the only conflict is over something there should be conflict over and i read about just how much you want to walk in the room and see peace or you remind everyone to have a peaceful day and put it in caps it just feels like at times you would prefer someone would have said nothing so long as it results in 'peace'. Yet his rambling posts also included his continued insistence he is an entire family which I know people who don't believe that have played along with anyway. Has the end-result been peace from playing along?
I know we may disagree on this again my friend but it is the difference to me between peace that comes from things being as they should not peace simply from not speaking out against anything. Just how i see it I guess
(T) Peace
The right way is what it says in the Bible.....You are wrong with your assumation....I don't think people should keep quiet just to keep the peace. I think they should say what you need to say without calling names or mocking. And move on....

Didn't that 14 year old girl survive and now is moving to England? I am so glad to hear she was taken out of her country which gives not rights to women.

PEACE......(But speak your mind)....:=)

Location hidden

#463392 Oct 17, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of good stuff in there. I think it is all spot on basically.

I will say every so often you get what I would call a "lost cause". Someone that for months or years has shown no desire to improve, only to be vile, and the few times they even post civil it is only for effect because they know one post out of 20 is enough for some people to say "good post" and basically pretend the other 19 didn't happen.

Some do this because they enjoy the vile things the other person says but need to wait for politically correct post they can approve of. But many IMO it takes next to nothing for them to be accepted again with open arms and i think they manipulate the faith in which to manipulate people to do that. Post some scripture, declare your love for God..and all the lies and deceit prior are instantly forgotten. Then you have a final group where I think they just try to see the good in people no matter what and will take even a sliver once in a blue moon and try to turn it into something good and that is admirable so long as it isn't hurting others. If someone wants to use their own time (which to some may seem like a waste of time) they have every right to do so but not if it hurts others.

part 1 of 2

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min PELE78 55,846
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min kent 649,742
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr stockton CA 281,470
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 2 hr HE LIVES 70,224
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr andet1987 2,284
Rotherham sheff doncaster sex 2 hr Hussain 1
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr Halle Berry Sister 3,728
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 18 hr Noname 69
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) Fri Hangman 972,378
More from around the web