“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#463063 Oct 14, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>I vote for the big red rock!
It's not "Ayer's Rock" any more. They renamed (or co-named) it "Uluru", I think.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#463064 Oct 14, 2012
Hey Skom, I was just checking out the NFL Scoreboard. Did you notice how many upsets there were today? If the Lions can get on a roll they can still make the playoffs. But they can't afford to lose any more than 1 game to do so I believe.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#463065 Oct 14, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Good day for Detroit fans. Got to watch both the Lions and Tigers down here today. That plus the guy jumping out of the caspel at the edge of space. That was pretty cool to watch.
Boy Gerarda is sure moaning and groaning about that call at 2nd. That one call didn't change the outcome of that game. He should be moaning and groaning about his teams inability to hit.
Have a great evening. God bless.
Yeah no doubt. We have shut them out 20 out of 21 innings so far.

Definitely a great day for sports.

Going in a bit to meet a buddy at the airport. He is getting in late (he is an Air Marshall) and is just in for the night but finally working the second shift actually works to my advantage for a change!

Have a good night

(T) Peace

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#463068 Oct 14, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
Hey Skom, I was just checking out the NFL Scoreboard. Did you notice how many upsets there were today? If the Lions can get on a roll they can still make the playoffs. But they can't afford to lose any more than 1 game to do so I believe.
They can definitely make it interesting. I really didn't think they could beat Philly. That changes my outlook on their schedule. Houston and the two Green Bay games and the two Chicago games will be the hardest. I think if we even take 2 out of 5 there and only lose one other game and finish at 10-6 we get in.

Going 8-3 the rest of the season is possible, especially if they carry some momentum from this game. But we gotta get to 3-3. We have Chicago, Seattle, Jacksonville, and the Vikings for out next 4. We get by Chicago and i think we could win 4 straight going into GB. I mean it is possible anyway! Trying not to get too carried away:)

(T) Peace

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#463072 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
http://mukto-mona.net/Articles /kevin_carter/sudan_child.htm this is the link to the photo; if this picture does not strike the hearts of us, then what surely will?
The hope for but a few... is this girls story. It was pictures like these which called me to Africa in the first place!!! I can believe many cannot take the stain... But can believe God gives one the courage to 'try'. And yet sadly... so many will judge any who do not claim to be 'Christian' who do!

Sadly too... the 'pictures' keep coming...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/live-8-t...
>>>excerpt<< < From this to Hope!

TWENTY years ago her heartbroken father wrapped her tiny, emaciated body in a burial shroud - and waited for her to die.

At Live 8 in Hyde Park, Ethiopian student Birhan Woldu - the inspiration for Live Aid 1985 - stood proudly before the world as a living symbol of hope.

Birhan, 24, was cheered as she was led on stage by Bob Geldof. She was hugged and kissed by a tearful Madonna, who held her hand for the opening of the classic hit Like a Prayer. Birhan said yesterday: "When I walked on, I could feel my body shaking. Then Madonna took my hand and looked into my eyes. I felt myself grow stronger.

"I knew I must get the message out. Live Aid helped save my life. Together we can save the lives of millions more."

Birhan, who lost her mum and a sister in the Ethiopian famine, was

>>>Hope for the RESCUED>>>

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features...

I will never forget!

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#463074 Oct 14, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>It's not "Ayer's Rock" any more. They renamed (or co-named) it "Uluru", I think.
Hey Mac!
You're right... and a good excuse to say >>>hello<<<

I believe - am still learning, Serah is the fair dinkum Ozlander here - that the white man who climbs it... the Aboriginal folk call white ants! Out of respect... many don't, nor do we.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#463075 Oct 14, 2012
Later...

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#463077 Oct 14, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a very powerful and disturbing image
I had never seen it before
While not pleasant i am glad you posted it. It should be seen. It should definitely make people think
(T) Peace
I don't think I will ever forget that little girl :)

#463078 Oct 14, 2012
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
The hope for but a few... is this girls story. It was pictures like these which called me to Africa in the first place!!! I can believe many cannot take the stain... But can believe God gives one the courage to 'try'. And yet sadly... so many will judge any who do not claim to be 'Christian' who do!
Sadly too... the 'pictures' keep coming...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/live-8-t...
>>>excerpt<< < From this to Hope!
TWENTY years ago her heartbroken father wrapped her tiny, emaciated body in a burial shroud - and waited for her to die.
At Live 8 in Hyde Park, Ethiopian student Birhan Woldu - the inspiration for Live Aid 1985 - stood proudly before the world as a living symbol of hope.
Birhan, 24, was cheered as she was led on stage by Bob Geldof. She was hugged and kissed by a tearful Madonna, who held her hand for the opening of the classic hit Like a Prayer. Birhan said yesterday: "When I walked on, I could feel my body shaking. Then Madonna took my hand and looked into my eyes. I felt myself grow stronger.
"I knew I must get the message out. Live Aid helped save my life. Together we can save the lives of millions more."
Birhan, who lost her mum and a sister in the Ethiopian famine, was
>>>Hope for the RESCUED>>>
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features...
I will never forget!
It can indeed be a cruel world for some.... their hope must be fragile to say the least

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#463083 Oct 14, 2012
"If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet." Proverbs 29:9

Shun ...

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#463084 Oct 14, 2012
hick-up wrote:
Brain would never allow it ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =iJPFSNu_QNsXX&feature=rel ated
I haven't seen that cartoon in years!

'Til this day and without even planning it, I catch people with Brain's most famous catch-phrase.

What a mouse, that Brain.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#463085 Oct 14, 2012
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Hello Brother Lee Love,
I'm sure I remember speaking with you some moons ago in here, and your avatar was an astronaut-like-helmet of white on blue back-ground. >>>BigSmile<< < if I'm right... and always good to see you again.
Almost right. "Gary" used to mock me constantly because of my avatar, calling it a "superhero costume." It was blue and white, though. And I do remember you, too. Greetings, salutations, shalowm, and good to "see" you, too.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
I wanted to say this the other day, but saw others with far more 'savy' in your subject matter respond, and stood back for then.
My understanding of 'scientifically proven' is a bit like 'proven by the elite'.
True, but not all scientists work for the so-called "elite." Some believe in "God" and work endlessly to provide believers with scientific evidence that can withstand the harshest of scrutiny. The scientists I found that tidbit from are scientists that believe it's a crying shame that we're being limited.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
But your statement holds much water, "Why educate the general public with such tremendous knowledge, and beginning at such a young age, and risk being unmasked later on?"
Sounds like a lot of organizations - including religious - and there is much speculation as to why the children are rebelling!!!
I believe there is also a lot to be said from this aspect, when it appears they have learned what they have from the adults in the first place. From Alcohol to drugs to any manner of faults the grown-ups accuse them of... I'm sure one doesn't need a science degree to understand this problem.
Agreed. One of the issues we face, though, is that of wool. Wool over our eyes, that is! There's many reasons things are the way they are these days, but influence over our future generation(s) sits atop these many reasons.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
This brings in your other statement. "The majority are not educated. The majority are trained." I have found western/European schooling of the ABC, 123, very helpful... but when it comes to the science of education... the words all lead back to One Source. And maybe, like a child, this is what Jesus truly meant.
Mark 10
13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them; and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.
14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, "Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not; for of such is the kingdom of God..."
For me... the intelligence of even a child, is the openness to believe all things are possible... and that is where science and adult/elite place a 'full stop'. The end result of 'disillusion and rebellion' becomes the back-fire of their own making, and not 'the children'.
>>>Raving on<<< Sorry!
God Bless you in His Love and Peace always.
Agreed.

The difference, though and which I'm sure you're more than aware of, is that our anointed Savior didn't withhold information, even from children, to purposely hinder progression. The so-called "elite," though, will do whatever's necessary to protect their thrones.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#463086 Oct 14, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Almost right. "Gary" used to mock me constantly because of my avatar, calling it a "superhero costume." It was blue and white, though. And I do remember you, too. Greetings, salutations, shalowm, and good to "see" you, too.
<quoted text>True, but not all scientists work for the so-called "elite." Some believe in "God" and work endlessly to provide believers with scientific evidence that can withstand the harshest of scrutiny. The scientists I found that tidbit from are scientists that believe it's a crying shame that we're being limited.
<quoted text>Agreed. One of the issues we face, though, is that of wool. Wool over our eyes, that is! There's many reasons things are the way they are these days, but influence over our future generation(s) sits atop these many reasons.
<quoted text>Agreed.
The difference, though and which I'm sure you're more than aware of, is that our anointed Savior didn't withhold information, even from children, to purposely hinder progression. The so-called "elite," though, will do whatever's necessary to protect their thrones.
Great BLL!
Gave/Dary??? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm What a tragedy, and a true example of false leading. They are history to me... but not to the trail of broken souls they left.

That there are scientist who believe in God - of which I am also - it was the follow thru with those who don't, as in your post referral, that I was speaking also.

And thank God that Jesus didn't with-hold... In fact went even further to expound. I am aware you were speaking here more-so on the political front with the USA elections in sight etc. and why I said others there would be more savy.

Your post made me think of a child and how my her path of learning/educational came about. I doubt if an 'elite' would settle for only a Webster's dictionary, the Bible and end up Nobel Prize material confirmed by Science... after her conclusion was put forward. Only God knows that one!

God Bless BLL... til again. Good speaking with you, and welcome back. I miss much myself sometimes, and it means just jumping in this fast flowing river and giving a shout! Any who remember you will answer, and many friend-ships are forged.

As Brother Drew would say...'Brag on God!'

#463087 Oct 14, 2012
hick-up wrote:
"If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet." Proverbs 29:9
Shun ...
hmmm; I have seen evidence on that :)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#463088 Oct 14, 2012
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mac!
I believe - am still learning, Serah is the fair dinkum Ozlander here - that the white man who climbs it... the Aboriginal folk call white ants! Out of respect... many don't, nor do we.
Heya, PW.
I wouldn't either.

Is it true that Coober Pedy (where the opals are) means "White man living down hole?"

#463089 Oct 15, 2012
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mac!
not sure about the white ants, as I haven't heard that, but it makes sense :) I believe that anyone is permitted to climb to a certain point, and as it is a sacred site, it has been banned to climb higher

***Uluru: The debate over climbing Australia's sacred monolith - CNNGo
www.cnngo.com › Sydney › Visit
17 Aug 2011 – A heart-shaped crevice in Uluru. Uluru. A sign tells tourists the climb is closed. Uluru. A warning ... It has long enraged local Aboriginals, the Anangu people.... She hopes:“All the tourists will brighten up and say,'Oh I see. This is the right way. This is the thing that's right. This is the proper way: no climbing'.

#463090 Oct 15, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Heya, PW.
I wouldn't either.
Is it true that Coober Pedy (where the opals are) means "White man living down hole?"
White mans hole I think....

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#463091 Oct 15, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text> Heya, PW.
I wouldn't either.
Hi again Mac!
According to 'Google' even I learned more. Knew re the white man and hole, but the original spelling being Aboriginal also...

Kupa Piti = White man's hole, or Water hole.

A moon scape of mounds from past and fresh digs, and AMAZING underground living when some choose their dig-outs to become a home. Every cool mod-con from the searing desert heat imaginable... over time.

Had a great time there when we went thru' Oz in a camper-van, and spent 5 years on the loose. First thing I did was sit in the dry grassy gutter with 5 Aboriginal women who wanted $5 for a minute chip! They said white ladies don't do that, but, can't speak for others, as I don't know. All I do know is that my home South Pacific Islands, we do!

By the time we got to Uluru, it became an honoured adventure with full permit from an Elder to go into their town... without this, it is/was prohibited. He just came up to us... and nothing more required. When I told him I had then taken the 'other track' not permitted to tourists, he said... "I know. This one sacred place belong to woman only... she been here before... she come from stars." Ish-i said he felt like Indiana Jones with me!

The time we were there was when another Chief Elder of their folk had died, and from respect, the rock was closed to climb. I think after that was when things changed there to 'more respect'. It's an interesting place...

I wasn't in Oz when that dingo and baby story happened... But even with respect, they are beautiful dogs. Must have been more wild - land and dogs - then, and from what I see on the tube, a real ordeal. One just walked past us in the red rocky mounts in the camper.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#463092 Oct 15, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>not sure about the white ants, as I haven't heard that, but it makes sense :) I believe that anyone is permitted to climb to a certain point, and as it is a sacred site, it has been banned to climb higher
***Uluru: The debate over climbing Australia's sacred monolith - CNNGo
www.cnngo.com › Sydney › Visit
17 Aug 2011 – A heart-shaped crevice in Uluru. Uluru. A sign tells tourists the climb is closed. Uluru. A warning ... It has long enraged local Aboriginals, the Anangu people.... She hopes:“All the tourists will brighten up and say,'Oh I see. This is the right way. This is the thing that's right. This is the proper way: no climbing'.
Ja Serah... So they told us. "White ants"! Guess with all the tourist over time who have mostly been 'white'- and they do look VERY small on that rock - so, can believe it's a suitable name for the climbers.

Went for a copter ride over what you just described. Amazing views... Have you been ???

#463093 Oct 15, 2012
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ja Serah... So they told us. "White ants"! Guess with all the tourist over time who have mostly been 'white'- and they do look VERY small on that rock - so, can believe it's a suitable name for the climbers.
Went for a copter ride over what you just described. Amazing views... Have you been ???
Not yet, but it is definitely on my bucket list LOL.... I love the wide open spaces :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 min Joana 150
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min New Age Spiritual... 739,452
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Thinking 227,496
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min hojo 542,472
http://www.wwgtfy.com/?q=Chicago 18 min Bev Jamison 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Porkpie Hat 259,494
How to Report Immigration Violations (Sep '08) 22 min Bev Jamison 22
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Chris Clearwater 173,683

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••