Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#458653 Sep 20, 2012
Truths wrote:
~*~ H A P P Y ~*~ B I R T H D A Y ~*~
((((((((TN GRAMS)))))))))
I hope that your day is a beautiful celebration of you <3
Love,Deb~
Happy Birthday Tn Grams......Hope it is a great one!!!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#458654 Sep 20, 2012
Dear God, People can be so mean to one another through their thoughtless words. It has happened to me...and at times I may have caused pain on others through words I've uttered. Please help me to think before I speak. I pray that I will always think of others and their needs, their hurts, their circumstances, even their personalities in the way I speak and respond. I pray that every brother and sister in Christ would speak words of encouragement, exhortation, and the truth in love. If there is a need for confrontation, may it be through following biblical principles that the name of Jesus be lifted up and that you will be glorified through it all. May I never be rude or uncaring and may I never say words that leave that impression. Thank you for helping me and for blessing me. In the name of Jesus I come to you. Amen.

Prime Time with God

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#458655 Sep 20, 2012
My wife loves this song... have a blessed and wonderful day everybody.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#458656 Sep 20, 2012
Happy Birthday TN Grams... Enjoy... Smile.
lil whispers

Santa Fe, NM

#458662 Sep 20, 2012
It is often wondered if men of greatness in this day and age every give the Holy Bible scripture Genesis 3:20 and Genesis 17:16 more than a passing thought.People tend to forget where they came from and care not where they are going.

And Adam called His wife's name Eve:because she was the mother of all living.Genesis 3:20

And I will bless her,and give thee a son also of her yea I will bless her and she shall be a mother of nations;Kings of people shall be of her.Genesis 17:16.

The Mother

Just my opinion
Dog Gone IT

Lansdowne, PA

#458667 Sep 20, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm afraid that you are very much wrong about tbat my friend, Jesus did not under any circumstances tell the Apostles to limit tbe preaching of the cross to the isrealites and jews only, read Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:47, Acts 1:8 and also read the 10th chapter of Acts which outlines the story of the house of Cornelius who were the first gentiles to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
But in Matthew 10:5-7 it says otherwise.
jews only, no one else.
Matthew 5 preceeds all the passages that you have listed.

Was Jesus then a skitzo and really didn't know what he was saying or did someone else add their own words to your posted scripture?
lil whispers

Albuquerque, NM

#458668 Sep 20, 2012
And Jesus said unto them I am the bread of life;he that cometh to Me shall never hunger;and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst.
John 6:35

As the living Father hath sent Me and I live by the Father:so he that eatheth Me,even he shall live by me.This is that bread which came down from heaven:not as your fathers did eat manna and are dead:He that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
John 6:57&58

It is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing the words that I speak unto you,they are spirit and they are life.
John 6:63

Jesus is the living bread
Dog Gone IT

Lansdowne, PA

#458669 Sep 20, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>
As for the greek hebrew translation mystery..........I might suggest this idea, it is highly possible that they did originally record the new testament books in their native hebrew and may have later been transcribedinto the greek sometime later which was translated into english many centuries later by King James, just an idea.
Peace.
Only speculation.
There is no hint of any kind that the NT could have been written in Hebrew.
If it were then something should have been presented by now.
This is only wishful thinking trying to piece a convoluted puzzle together.

But hey, Peace to you also.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#458670 Sep 20, 2012
A_Public_Service_Announce wrote:
This post is to warn new posters of the danger of sharing private information on this site.
In most, if not all states it's called the Department of Corrections. People are supposed to serve their sentences and come out a better person a more respectful person. A person who no longer violates or abuses other people or their properties.
There is a poster in this thread who goes by the name of Skombolis. Weeks after his release, in a slip of the tongue, he shared in this thread that it was hard to find a job because everywhere he looked he was denied because of his pas criminal life.
Everybody deserves a second chance. Therefore if Mr. Skombolis is fully rehabilitated then he should be given a chance. He was given a chance and now he works in an auto assembly line. All that is very good. But even though society has given Mr. Skombolis a second chance, there in no evidence that he has learned or benefited from the years he spent behind bars. He's doing right here on the Internet what has landed him in prison in the first place. God only knows what he did, how many times or how many years he spent in prison. And frankly, it shouldn't be anybody's business, unless he continues to do the things he was doing before. But he is doing it.
Frankly, if I knew his probation officer or the attorney who prosecuted him I would point him or her to his actions on the Internet, especially on Topix.
Also, there may even have been certain restrictions placed on him as a condition for his release. Posters here could be interacting with a very dangerous individual without knowing it. His obsession with trying to find posters true identity is a telling sign that people's lives could be in danger with this guy. Whatever you do while posting here be sure to not share any personal information whatsoever with anyone here. There's always a chance that one of his minions here will turn your personal information over to him so he can find out where you live and stalk you.
You are becoming as pitiful as the one/s you condemn.
Matthew 7
Judging Others

1 Judge not, that you be not judged.

2 For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why look at the mote that is in your brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye?

4 Or how will you say to your brother, Let me pull out the mote out of your eye; and, behold, a beam is in your own eye?

5 You hypocrite... first cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then you will see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye.

Better to post in peace than continue a curse.
Hope you can move on in peace!

Dog Gone IT

Lansdowne, PA

#458671 Sep 20, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure He did. It is written, "All scripture is God breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Tim 3:16)
Hi DH,
Why did god wait 350 years to have his NT scripture 'god-breathed'?
Dog Gone IT

Lansdowne, PA

#458674 Sep 20, 2012
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't NEED nor care when it comes to the multi translations. I am not a scholar of history here. I simply answered your small question with a light heart. If you can't smile, then don't believe for a minute you are leading me anywhere.
I'm here now... and that is all that matters!
Simmer down, young man/woman.
This is only a debate, yes?
I just simply presented facts, and I always smile when I do.

Where you lead yourself is your own privilege.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#458675 Sep 20, 2012
This is what you call a REAL coward: http://news.yahoo.com/ill-man-convicted-killi... Since his state is a COWARD STATE that refuses to execute him for what he did,maybe he'll commit suicide in his jailcell and go straight to hell and save taxpayers all of that money. COWARD.
Dog Gone IT

Lansdowne, PA

#458676 Sep 20, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
The GOP is already starting to murmur it's belief that Romney may be the wrong candidate to remove Massa' Barry from Kenya from his 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. throne. Lisetn,America: If the election where today,there ain't enough scared/angry white voters planning to vote for Romney to stop Obama right now. Romeny has,basically,said to himself 'I'm gonna' win this election without the support of all of those closed-minded non-European American voters who refuse to listen to what I have to say.'... Ain't happenin',Mittster... And poor 'ol Rush Limbaugh...Poor 'ol Rush get's on his radioshow,every day,SOUNDING THE ALARM!!,SOUNDING THE ALARM!!,trying to reason with all of the Obama supporters,and the response Limbaugh's getting is just like the response that homeless guy who found that 'singing frog' in that Looneytunes cartoon got from his audiences when the singing frog would only sing for him when none else was around. Poor Rush....(Poor Rush??!!! I am STOOPID?! The guy owns his own jet!!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YkfU1JqmkHMXX
Well, you only got 2 choices:
Massa Obama as you put it or the mormon Romney who many xtians claim that he's not a real xtian.

Who's it gonna be?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#458678 Sep 20, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good "Early-bird" Morning my brother. Please feel free to post directly to me anytime. I would rather that you post directly to me than to view a post indirectly about me to another poster which would be a form of back-biting. My interpretation and understanding of the scripture on that matter is somewhat different. I mean, I believe you are right if it came to me going to and participating in a witches' seance, psychic healing, revelry or something like that. But I stand on what is written in I Cor 9:19-23 on the subject matter.
<quoted text>Praise God, I'm glad that you somewhat arrived at that understanding.
<quoted text>What I believe is that their understanding and doctrine of the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob (Allah) is different from that of Christians. And of course, I do not necessarily agree with all of Islamic doctrine... but there are some things that we all agree on... Like, Jesus was born of a virgin for example.
<quoted text>Thanks for your concern on the matter... as long as it remains brotherly concern and not brotherly 'control', Amen? And I believe it is more of brotherly concern coming from you. What I believe is that this Gospel, the Gospel of Christ is not just for us to preach amongst ourselves to encourage and admonish one another, but also to those who don't know Christ. Please remember that Jesus ate with sinners... BUT, He wasn't a participant in their sin. Please don't be alarmed.
<quoted text>As you know, we live in a secular world with secular gadgets and the like... we Goocompromise and watch crazy movies that we shouldn't be watching in the comfy and security of our homes ---> some things not of Christ like horror flicks, we go along to get along on our secular, unchristian jobs so we can have a job and get paid... so we are surrounded by other godly and ungodly influences all the time that has nothing to do with Islam. What I believe is going on through some is a fear over Islam. That's what it boils down to imho. But I think it is a great opportunity for Believers to stand up even more boldly for Christ and show our love to these people and not our contempt. They can and some will hate us... that's okay... Christ said that would happen but we can respond in love. Also, thanks for your prayers... I always need that.
Love Quin
Good evening Q, I saw your response to my post this morning but this is my first opportunity to respond back to you, thank you for your congrats that I have " somewhat arrived to the understanding that allah is the accepted name for God in the arabic" actually my ETA for that understanding happened many many many years ago, also as for 1 Corinthians 9: 19-23 Paul was talking about meeting people half way as unto Christ and not compromising the gospel of Christ.

Again allah and the God of the Christians are still NOT the same God at all and islam regards Jesus as a prophet only and not as the son of God because they do not believe in the virgin birth and believe it to be blasphemy, they have a very low regard for women as well and even in the most current circumstances they are right now rioting and raging over a hollywood based documentary they feel insulted their beliefs ( boy isn't allah's followers a "peaceful" people?).

My concern for you brother is just that..........CONCERN....... And not CONTROL as opposed to the religion which you are defending.

Peace.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#458679 Sep 20, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
And Jesus said unto them I am the bread of life;he that cometh to Me shall never hunger;and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst.
John 6:35
As the living Father hath sent Me and I live by the Father:so he that eatheth Me,even he shall live by me.This is that bread which came down from heaven:not as your fathers did eat manna and are dead:He that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
John 6:57&58
It is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing the words that I speak unto you,they are spirit and they are life.
John 6:63
Jesus is the living bread
Hey Lil Whispers!
I find what is around these very interesting.
When some things get a bit too hard to follow, many turn away.

John 6
60 ¶ Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is a hard saying; who can hear it?

>>>>

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

66 ¶ From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

Many things Jesus said, so many others find too hard to swallow.
Thanx for posing. God Bless. Luv U2! PW
Henrique

Montréal, Canada

#458680 Sep 20, 2012
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
You are becoming as pitiful as the one/s you condemn.
Matthew 7
Judging Others
1 Judge not, that you be not judged.
2 For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why look at the mote that is in your brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye?
4 Or how will you say to your brother, Let me pull out the mote out of your eye; and, behold, a beam is in your own eye?
5 You hypocrite... first cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then you will see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye.
Better to post in peace than continue a curse.
Hope you can move on in peace!
As the rain and the snow

come down from heaven,

and do not return to it

without watering the earth

and making it bud and flourish,

so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

so is my word that goes out from my mouth:

It will not return to me empty,

but will accomplish what I desire

and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah:55
Dog Gone IT

Lansdowne, PA

#458681 Sep 20, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the God of the Jews and Jesus is different from yours, too.
Many of you just have a hatred of Muslims.
Until either of you can PROVE your religion is the only true religion you have no right to condemn each other.
All any Abrahanic religion has is stories in books. No proof whatsoever.
And as far as we know, the land of Canaan along with Abram practiced polytheism for well over 1,000 years.

So when the monotheists claim the Abramic sect as their own, well...
you know the rest of the story.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#458682 Sep 20, 2012
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more truth to what that has said than some might think. Skombolis has a very definate criminal mind.
How odd that so many who post in this thread are unable to know them by their fruits. I wonder why.
I could ask you to move on also JJ, but will not be drawn into what so many of you cannot stop and move on with, called a NEW beginning. You rob yourselves of this. Let go and let God... remember ?

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#458683 Sep 20, 2012
Henrique wrote:
<quoted text>
As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah:55
Then carry on. If you answer the given post, they are not God's words.
Dog Gone IT

Lansdowne, PA

#458684 Sep 20, 2012
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you got this far yet in your reading of Matthew?
Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
You overlooked my intent.
Read my post again.

Matt 5 says 'Go to Jews only'
Matt 28 says to 'go to all nations'.

So, let me state again:
Was Jesus a skitzo or was this tome tampered with?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Hidingfromyou 879,200
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min Neville Thompson 41,146
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... (Feb '15) 14 min Neville Thompson 998
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 17 min Ricky F 53,492
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Neville Thompson 272,889
Prove there's a god. 28 min abdelilahfb 1
Dylann Roof ultimately to blame for newscaster ... 37 min Doctor REALITY 2
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr feces for jesus 3,850
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 8,063
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liam 603,258
More from around the web